PDA

View Full Version : Frank Sauzee

Judas Iscariot
22-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Le God was punted after 69 days with just as bad a record as CC has..

Why is Calderwood been given more grace than a Hibs legend?!

greenlex
22-01-2011, 05:15 PM

An experienced manager working with ***** against a rookie manager working with decent players. Seems fair enough to me Legend or not.

marinello59
22-01-2011, 05:15 PM

Perhaps because Calderwood has a much worse group of players than Sauzee had.

Hainan Hibs
22-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Taking the thread slightly off topic but it sickens me that we have ****ing ********s not giving a monkeys in the shirt when we had a European Championship winner in Sauzee giving his all week in week out, especially against the yams.
Sauzee has class, skill and passion that the bunch of tossers in the Hibs team could only dream of.

Nameless
22-01-2011, 05:40 PM

We need to stop flogging this horse. Sauzee was a great player, but he was a terrible manager. I thank God he was punted after only 69 days, as I would have hated him to get the same abuse as Collins/Mixu/Yogi, who I feel are equally deserving of the meaningless "legend" tag that gets thrown about.

Judas Iscariot
22-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Perhaps because Calderwood has a much worse group of players than Sauzee had.

Really?

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 05:50 PM

I think Calderwood actually turns up for training and dosent spend his day's fishing. That may be a key difference.

Hibs Class
22-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Really?

Without a doubt.

skyehibee
22-01-2011, 05:52 PM

Because Rod will never dig into his pocket for the compensation that calderwood would be due for the sacking.

Beefster
22-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Really?

We've been pish for a year now. That certainly wasn't the case when Sauzee took over.

marinello59
22-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Really?

You disagree?

Pretty Boy
22-01-2011, 06:00 PM

The decision to sack Sauzee after 69 days was, with the benefit of hindsight, 100% correct. Yes, it hurt like hell at the time but, loathe him or loathe him, Bobby Williamson made sure of our SPL survival that season.

Would i be upset to see Calderwood suffer the same fate as Sauzee? At this moment in time- No. I accept he can only work with what he has but he has no idea of his best team, formation, style of play etc etc. We have little or no shape, no direction and no creativity. He looks completely lost and we look even less likely to win games now than we did under Hughes. After 14 or 15 games or whatever we should have taken at least half a step in the right direction. On saying that i'd empty 90% of those wasters masquerading as players before i'd punt the manager.

Gatecrasher
22-01-2011, 06:03 PM
How long ago was that?

We have a whole set of problems with the squad just now too much to deal with without bringing up old **** imo

Judas Iscariot
22-01-2011, 06:04 PM
You disagree?

TBH, I dunno, can't really remember our team back then as I was a young boy..

Refresh my memory...

marinello59
22-01-2011, 06:06 PM

Refresh my memory...

I'll pobably get one wrong and get jumped on for it because I am an old git with a cr@p memory. Do your own research on that new fangled internet thingy. :greengrin

Newhaven
22-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Hibernian have sacked fans favourite Franck Sauzee after only 69 days in charge.

The Frenchman had been asked to stand down by the under-pressure board.

Hibs' announcement was made at a hastily-arranged Thursday morning media conference at Easter Road and came ahead of a vital relegation tussle with St Johnstone.

Chairman Malcolm McPherson told his club's website: "This is the hardest decision I and my fellow directors have ever had to take and it is one we have taken with nothing but sadness.

The club needs a more experienced man at the helm at this stage

"All of us admire, like and respect Franck. His passion for the club and his enthusiasm for Hibernian have rightly made him a hugely popular figure with our supporters."

McPherson admitted that his board had made a mistake by appointing such an inexperienced manager and that they had not given Sauzee enough time to prove himself.

"However, our duty is to the club and, unfortunately, the run of results over the past two months has been extremely disappointing," said the chairman.

"Of equal importance, performances over the past two weeks have become unacceptable.

"It is our belief that the club needs a more experienced man at the helm at this stage to steady us through a difficult period.

"Franck was informed of our decision last night following a lengthy discussion by the board and accepted our view with his customary good grace.

"The process of finding a successor has begun today and we have made, or are making, contact with a number of clubs in Scotland and elsewhere.

"There will be no further comment until there is positive news to report.

" Finally, everyone at Hibernian thanks Franck Sauzee for all that he has done for us, and wishes him nothing but success and happiness."

Sauzee took over on 14 December, with Donald Park as his assistant.

They were appointed after Alex McLeish left to take over at Rangers.

Sauzee had no managerial experience but had been influential as sweeper and captain in the twilight of a career that had seen him play for Olympique Marseille, Monaco, Atalanta, Montpellier and the French national side.

The 36-year-old retired as a player to concentrate on management, but Hibs failed to win in their 11 league games under his stewardship.

They also lost the CIS Insurance Cup semi-final to First Division Ayr United, their only victory coming in a Scottish Cup replay against Second Division Stranraer.

The Edinburgh side lie second bottom of the Scottish Premier League.

Bottom side St Johnstone have narrowed the gap to nine points and the two clubs meet at Easter Road on 2 March.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/1833764.stm

--------------------------

Sounds familiar :hmmm:

Storar
22-01-2011, 06:12 PM

Refresh my memory...

De La Cruz, Laursen, Zitelli, O'Neil, O'Connor, Luna, Jack, and the 2002 model of Ian Murray.

Better than Rankin, Nish, Hogg, Smith, De Graaf, Hart, Thicot and the 2010 version of Ian Murray

sesoim
22-01-2011, 07:17 PM
I still think we could have brought someone experienced to work beside Sauzee - I suggested Craig Brown at the time.

As for CC now, I have never felt he was the right guy for the club - I don't see him ever being a good SPL manager. At best, he should be with a League One/Two team in England. He knows the Englsih leagues better. He still doesn't seem to have a clue about Hibs or the SPL after a few months in charge. Some of the selections he has made (eg bringing Smith back) show he hasn't done his research to see who did what and how well last season.

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I think Donald Park was/is the most qualified coach in Scotland.

I still think we could have brought someone experienced to work beside Sauzee - I suggested Craig Brown at the time.

As for CC now, I have never felt he was the right guy for the club - I don't see him ever being a good SPL manager. At best, he should be with a League One/Two team in England. He knows the Englsih leagues better. He still doesn't seem to have a clue about Hibs or the SPL after a few months in charge. Some of the selections he has made (eg bringing Smith back) show he hasn't done his research to see who did what and how well last season.

Judas Iscariot
22-01-2011, 07:29 PM
I'll pobably get one wrong and get jumped on for it because I am an old git with a cr@p memory. Do your own research on that new fangled internet thingy. :greengrin

I would but I don't have any access to the Internet..

By the same token of us having better players then, so did our opposition, te standard of the SPL was higher and there was a better class of player!

Just as now, we may have poorer players than we had then but the other team in the league are in th same boat..

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Hibernian have sacked fans favourite Franck Sauzee after only 69 days in charge.

The Frenchman had been asked to stand down by the under-pressure board.

Hibs' announcement was made at a hastily-arranged Thursday morning media conference at Easter Road and came ahead of a vital relegation tussle with St Johnstone.

Chairman Malcolm McPherson told his club's website: "This is the hardest decision I and my fellow directors have ever had to take and it is one we have taken with nothing but sadness.

The club needs a more experienced man at the helm at this stage

"All of us admire, like and respect Franck. His passion for the club and his enthusiasm for Hibernian have rightly made him a hugely popular figure with our supporters."

McPherson admitted that his board had made a mistake by appointing such an inexperienced manager and that they had not given Sauzee enough time to prove himself.

"However, our duty is to the club and, unfortunately, the run of results over the past two months has been extremely disappointing," said the chairman.

"Of equal importance, performances over the past two weeks have become unacceptable.

"It is our belief that the club needs a more experienced man at the helm at this stage to steady us through a difficult period.

"Franck was informed of our decision last night following a lengthy discussion by the board and accepted our view with his customary good grace.

"The process of finding a successor has begun today and we have made, or are making, contact with a number of clubs in Scotland and elsewhere.

"There will be no further comment until there is positive news to report.

" Finally, everyone at Hibernian thanks Franck Sauzee for all that he has done for us, and wishes him nothing but success and happiness."

Sauzee took over on 14 December, with Donald Park as his assistant.

They were appointed after Alex McLeish left to take over at Rangers.

Sauzee had no managerial experience but had been influential as sweeper and captain in the twilight of a career that had seen him play for Olympique Marseille, Monaco, Atalanta, Montpellier and the French national side.

The 36-year-old retired as a player to concentrate on management, but Hibs failed to win in their 11 league games under his stewardship.

They also lost the CIS Insurance Cup semi-final to First Division Ayr United, their only victory coming in a Scottish Cup replay against Second Division Stranraer.

The Edinburgh side lie second bottom of the Scottish Premier League.

Bottom side St Johnstone have narrowed the gap to nine points and the two clubs meet at Easter Road on 2 March.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/1833764.stm

--------------------------

Sounds familiar :hmmm:

Based on their rationale in sacking Le God, calderwood should have gone long before now.

I accept he didn't appoint himself - board done that.
I accept he doesn't want to lose every game - ***** team and squad are helping with that.

BUT...the paralells above including Ayr loss are striking......

Bottom line; if we could punt Sauzee for these reasons, we should consider the same for calderwood. Get the right man in. No ****ing about this time. Its the one position at the club that we must get right....stop this revolving door ***** or we'll go down and stay down!

Gatecrasher
22-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Hibernian: Colgan, De La Cruz, Fenwick, Caldwell, Smith, Murray, Wiss, Brebner, O’Neil, Zitelli, O’Connor. Subs: Caig, Townsley, Orman, Hurtado, Riordan.

better team at the last Ayr game :agree:

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Based on their rationale in sacking Le God, calderwood should have gone long before now.

I accept he didn't appoint himself - board done that.
I accept he doesn't want to lose every game - ***** team and squad are helping with that.

BUT...the paralells above including Ayr loss are striking......

Bottom line; if we could punt Sauzee for these reasons, we should consider the same for calderwood. Get the right man in. No ****ing about this time. Its the one position at the club that we must get right....stop this revolving door ***** or we'll go down and stay down!

Who would that be?

I think Calderwood should be given time.

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Hibernian: Colgan, De La Cruz, Fenwick, Caldwell, Smith, Murray, Wiss, Brebner, O’Neil, Zitelli, O’Connor. Subs: Caig, Townsley, Orman, Hurtado, Riordan.

better team at the last Ayr game :agree:

God! I forgot about "The Tank".