PDA

View Full Version : Hibs relegated! (merged)

Hibs7
22-01-2011, 03:59 PM
That is my prediction now before the end of January, a sad state of affairs, 29 Points behind Hearts and a 36 goal difference, pathetic! When Hibs go down it will be the begining of the death of a once proud football team.

Cocaine&Caviar
22-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Be positive, it could be a fun year, to grounds which many fans of my generation have never been to. There are still some highly rated youngsters at the club, and would give them a chance to show what they can do, and an oppurtunity to rebuild the squad completely.

Diclonius
22-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Unlike most clubs we'll survive as we have sound financial footing.

As for us being the force we once were, well that will be under serious threat if we don't make it back up immediately.

joe breezy
22-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Relegation can equal years in another league, Partick Thistle were always a top league club and they've been down for years, Dundee, Falkirk, Dunfermline. Hibs can't afford to go down but by selling our best players and lack of investment in the team and the wrong managerial appointment it's a distinct possibility

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Will be tragic losing so much money :agree:

Season tickets will be down next season as it is but going down will make them even lower - it's not value for money as it is so next season ?

Won't be as easy to get out next time as when we had Latapy and co.

We need to survive this season :agree:

Not looking good though :rolleyes:

chrisski33
22-01-2011, 04:14 PM
if we go down i dont see how we will come bak up!

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Hibs deserve to get relegated. For a whole year we've easily been the poorest side in the SPL. There is no leadership, fight or commitment on the park, and the balance of the team is all wrong.

Relegation now seems to have an air of inevitability about it.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Last time we went down we fought even though we were poor.

This time it's all too easy :agree:

The Harp
22-01-2011, 04:28 PM
God knows where we go from here. Relegation doesn't bear thinking about but is looking more and more likely after each game. The Board's financial strategy is poised to implode before all our eyes if we go down. Sad times.

KeithTheHibby
22-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Last time we went down we fought even though we were poor.

This time it's all too easy :agree:

Totally agree, we had a crap team under a Duffy and a crap manager to boot..by the time McLeish came in there was nothing he could do and we did go out with a fight.

This time it has been pathetic and perhaps the most galling thing is the fact that the nucleus of this team was good enough to finish 4th last season.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 04:30 PM
If people don't believe we will get relegated or we are too BIG to get relegated just watch the highlights of the teams around us.

They are more organised, care more and are scrapping for their lives.

We seem to be the opposite and have been for a while - over a year.

franco
22-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Hibs deserve to get relegated. For a whole year we've easily been the poorest side in the SPL. There is no leadership, fight or commitment on the park, and the balance of the team is all wrong.

Relegation now seems to have an air of inevitability about it.

Totaly agree with you there 100% Easter rd needs a clearout not only players but backroom staff too.

marinello59
22-01-2011, 04:32 PM
If people don't believe we will get relegated or we are too BIG to get relegated just watch the highlights of the teams around us.

I don't think you will find many Hibs fans who think we couldn't go down.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Totally agree, we had a crap team under a Duffy and a crap manager to boot..by the time McLeish came in there was nothing he could do and we did go out with a fight.

This time it has been pathetic and perhaps the most galling thing is the fact that the nucleus of this team was good enough to finish 4th last season.

We sneaked into 4th on the last day I think.

I remember posting a poll saying did we deserve Europe - we were that bad for so long before that.

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-01-2011, 04:33 PM

I don't think there is anybody who believes we cannot be relegated or we are to big to be relegated. If there is, they shouldn't be allowed out on their own without supervision.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I don't think there is anybody who believes we cannot be relegated or we are to big to be relegated. If there is, they shouldn't be allowed out on their own without supervision.

I think the majority have been saying it for a while.

Surely this week all the fans have realised how bad we really are.

The worst part is the players who will take us down won't be there to suffer.

They really aren't that bothered as they know next season they won't be at ER.

CentreLine
22-01-2011, 04:37 PM
if we go down i dont see how we will come bak up!

Whoever goes down this year stays down for at least two years as league reconstruction will ensure there is no promotion next year. In other words we simply cannot afford to go down. The board know this and the manager knows this. I am not convinced the majority of the players actually care whether it happens or not

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Whoever goes down this year stays down for at least two years as league reconstruction will ensure there is no promotion next year. In other words we simply cannot afford to go down. The board know this and the manager knows this. I am not convinced the majority of the players actually care whether it happens or not

We've been worst side in the SPL for a whole year. We have to stop being the worse side in the SPL RIGHT NOW.

But you're right - the players don't have it in them. They broke Mixu ad Hughes and they're breaking Calderwood too. Every club should really think twice about signing any one of this inherently weak band of men.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Few things..

The SPL haven't decided anything yet - still many objections..

There was talk of 3 down 1 up which would happen next season..if it was this season we would be 100% down.

Got a feeling RP / STF may look to sell up soon - but to who too ?

Jim44
22-01-2011, 04:51 PM
We've been worst side in the SPL for a whole year. We have to stop being the worse side in the SPL RIGHT NOW.

But you're right - the players don't have it in them. They broke Mixu ad Hughes and they're breaking Calderwood too. Every club should really think twice about signing any one of this inherently weak band of men.

This is a worrying fact. Just as bad is the fact that we must look a really unattractive prospect for any player coming in. I wonder if Thornhill might have second thoughts. :greengrin

chrisski33
22-01-2011, 05:04 PM
I think the majority have been saying it for a while.

Surely this week all the fans have realised how bad we really are.

The worst part is the players who will take us down won't be there to suffer.

They really aren't that bothered as they know next season they won't be at ER.

exactly what i think players arent bothered as most wont be here! id punt them now and play the youngsters! all the talk of the players hurting and letting themselves and manager down is crap their letting the fans down!

steviehibsleith
22-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Our new signing never played today and we will have 2 more before the end or the transfer window.

Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

The Green Goblin
22-01-2011, 05:10 PM
exactly what i think players arent bothered as most wont be here! id punt them now and play the youngsters! all the talk of the players hurting and letting themselves and manager down is crap their letting the fans down!

I don`t think that is the answer. The Hibs team needs hardened experienced players to get them out of this. And no, nobody in the current squad fits that profile.

GG

The Green Goblin
22-01-2011, 05:10 PM

Yes. They broke Collins too, in a more spectacular fashion than the others.

GG

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Unlike most clubs we'll survive as we have sound financial footing.

As for us being the force we once were, well that will be under serious threat if we don't make it back up immediately.

Are talking about the 70's :confused:

Hibs have not been a force for 40 Years

James70
22-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Our new signing never played today and we will have 2 more before the end or the transfer window.

The tide was supposed to turn when we got Zemmamma and Duffy back.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 05:17 PM
I don`t think that is the answer. The Hibs team needs hardened experienced players to get them out of this. And no, nobody in the current squad fits that profile.

GG

Experience will help - but comes at a cost usually. Leadership is essential though.

I would be tempted to get in younger / hungry players from the lower leagues.

Players who want to prove they are good enough for the SPL.

No players who think they have made it and are big time.

Winners and leaders if possible.

We need to rebuild now not end of the season when it's too late and we are down / sacked CC (or he walks).

No loans - players wanting to be at Hibs for the next few years.

If the current youngsters aren't good enough/can't be trusted then we must make changes NOW.

hibs4eve
22-01-2011, 05:18 PM
if there was a game like last season who ever lost got relegated i think that would be one of the only games we have seen hibs look commited like all the time in last 10 mins when 1-0 down

James70
22-01-2011, 05:20 PM
We may have got a draw today if we had played Stack or the young GK instead of Smith, that clown should never play for us again.

steviehibsleith
22-01-2011, 05:21 PM

There is no reserve league now so they will neeed a few weeks to get match fitness especially Zemmamma whos been out so long.

hibsboy90
22-01-2011, 05:23 PM
There is no reserve league now so they will neeed a few weeks to get match fitness especially Zemmamma whos been out so long.

You don't need to be match fit IMO to hit a penalty on target, or even deliver a half decent free kick.

Largshibby
22-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Be positive, it could be a fun year, to grounds which many fans of my generation have never been to. There are still some highly rated youngsters at the club, and would give them a chance to show what they can do, and an oppurtunity to rebuild the squad completely.

Ah...the innocence of youth!! The top 4/5 in Div1 are a match for the bottom 4/5 in the SPL so don't imagine it would be a nice jolly to romantic destinations like Greenock, Partick and.................................Cowdenbeath. If you think the SPL is bad these teams are populated throughout by violent carthorses who wouldn't look out of place in Carstairs and who will take out our "young stars" at the waist.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 05:25 PM
You don't need to be match fit IMO to hit a penalty on target, or even deliver a half decent free kick.

Look at Hartley who ran the game against us at ER on boxing day for Aberdeen.

He is a pudding but still does damage and leads by example.

thebakerboy
22-01-2011, 05:40 PM

Dont think that 3 players will be enough , if we are relegated it will cost the club a couple of million pounds . I think therefore to avoid losing that we have to speculate and think that there must be about £1million spent this week with at least 6 or 7 players coming in who are quick tough and experienced. Most SPL teams could not turn down £150000 for most of their players , this is the only way we can stay up because the current lot couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag and about 8 of them should be barred from the training ground and Easter Road till their contracts run out.:fuming::fuming::grr:

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 06:26 PM
What are the current odds ?

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 06:31 PM
What are the current odds ?

10/11 Hamilton
7/4 StMirren
8/1 Hibs

The best odds available on the High St

IFONLY
22-01-2011, 06:35 PM

(If he has signed)Never played cos hes injured thats the calibre of our signings just know.

IFONLY
22-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Look at Hartley who ran the game against us at ER on boxing day for Aberdeen.

He is a pudding but still does damage and leads by example.

Really shows what you know about football players IMO Hartley a pudding!!!!!! Would take him in a heartbeat.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2011, 06:40 PM

I'm only a year older than you and I haven't been to many away grounds (outwith the current SPL club's) and I have got absolutely no desire whatsoever to go to Cowdenbeath, Dingwall or Greenock next season.

Relegation would be disastrous for Hibs and if we go down this season, I'm not certain that we have the on-field infrastructure in place, that would allow us to come back up straight away, or even within a couple of years.

10/11 Hamilton
7/4 StMirren
8/1 Hibs

The best odds available on the High St

If I was a gambler (which I'm not) that would be a great bet at the moment.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Really shows what you know about football players IMO Hartley a pudding!!!!!! Would take him in a heartbeat.

Is he fit and slim ?

Have you seen him this season ?

Never said I wouldn't take him at ER either.

Hibby K
22-01-2011, 07:05 PM
The rot started the minute that Petrie allowed player power to take over at ER and stop Collins' dream of building a team of dedicated professionals wanting to succeed for Hibs. Instead Petrie backed the players' lack of ambition, allowed them to run the club their way then built them a training centre to listen to their ipods, play their playstations in and avoid having to pay for a gym membership.
Player power has ultimately cost JC, Mixu and Yogi their jobs and without a clear out of this type of mentality will also cost CC his job too! The common denominator being that none of these managers has managed to get what, on paper, is a talented group of players, playing as a team for Hibs.
Unfortunately if we do get relegated many of the guilty parties will be out of contract and won't have to suffer the punishment inflicted on the fans.

IFONLY
22-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Is he fit and slim ?

Have you seen him this season ?

Never said I wouldn't take him at ER either.

WTF has fit and slim got to do with it, we have plenty of so called fit and slim players and they do f. all. Of course I have seen him play silly question!!!!! Have you not?
Never questioned you on whether or not you would take him at E.R. I was making a comment

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 07:10 PM
have I missed something? Did we get relegated today?

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 07:12 PM
WTF has fit and slim got to do with it, we have plenty of so called fit and slim players and they do f. all. Of course I have seen him play silly question!!!!!

Fat and obese isn't the general body shape for a footballer.

Hartley has lost his legs and not in the shape he used to be - but still does a job - thats the embarrassing thing.

I don't think our players are fit enough or strong enough right now - something you would expect from a pro.

PaulSmith
22-01-2011, 07:15 PM

Nope but we took another huge step towards it.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 07:18 PM

:ostrich:

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 07:21 PM
:ostrich:

:asshole:

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 07:22 PM
:asshole:

:na na::greengrin

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Nope but we took another huge step towards it.

OK we're ****. But do we really need another thread populated by panic merchants. If we are still here with less than 6 games to go I will worry then but lets see what the next 10 days bring.

hibsbollah
22-01-2011, 07:28 PM

No, but we're three points off the bottom and the bottom team has a game in hand. We havent won in 10 games and havent scored a goal in the last 5.

8/1? Sounds very generous.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 07:30 PM
OK we're ****. But do we really need another thread populated by panic merchants. If we are still here with less than 6 games to go I will worry then but lets see what the next 10 days bring.

Surely panic is leaving it till 6 games to go where it could go either way ? :wink:

I think it's more healthy discussing our problems - rather than ignoring them or hoping they just improve with a miracle.

You are right though there sometimes seems to be many wild knee jerk threads.

Next 10 days will be interesting - don't expect much from Wed night (against the Huns) but player wise - who he brings in will make or break the season. :agree:

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 07:33 PM
:na na::greengrin

:devil:

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-01-2011, 07:33 PM
No, but we're three points off the bottom and the bottom team has a game in hand. We havent won in 10 games and havent scored a goal in the last 5.

It's very, very generous odds. I cannot imagine they'll stay that for very long. We are living off the name of the club at the moment as right now I'd have Hibs down as favourites for the drop.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 07:34 PM
:devil:
:notworthy:
:aok:

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 07:36 PM
No. I think we have a calm measured and calculated response to the predicament we are in then, if that dosent work, with six games to go we try blind panic.

Surely panic is leaving it till 6 games to go where it could go either way ? :wink:

I think it's more healthy discussing our problems - rather than ignoring them or hoping they just improve with a miracle.

You are right though there sometimes seems to be many wild knee jerk threads.

Next 10 days will be interesting - don't expect much from Wed night (against the Huns) but player wise - who he brings in will make or break the season. :agree:

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 07:39 PM
No. I think we have a calm measured and calculated response to the predicament we are in then, if that dosent work, with six games to go we try blind panic.

Ok then..may the calmness continue..:cool2:

6 games to go and we may already be down :wink:

Ray_
22-01-2011, 07:41 PM

The last time we left it soooo late to alter things, we went down, calm, the board need to start thinking outside of their comfort zone to prevent this bunch from taking us down.

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 07:44 PM
The last time we left it soooo late to alter things, we went down, calm, the board need to start thinking outside of their comfort zone to prevent this bunch from taking us down.

I'm not saying dont alter things cos, Jesus Mary and Joseph, we are crap. With a capital C. Lets see what the next couple of weeks brings.

We play Hamilton soon and we are going to have to be up for a fight cos they certainly will be.

Bad Martini
22-01-2011, 07:47 PM

It was no fun the last time. Gon doon the Easter Road boozers pre/post game and going TO the game, sitting in the half empty ground.

Christ, I remember the opening of the FF Stand and sitting watching us play some utter keech to mark the occassion. Joke it was. But fun, it was not.

Never, ever again.

Thats before returning to the city centre to wideo yams for 38 matches. No, there is no positive to be gained from it.

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 07:50 PM
I still have nightmares about the opening game against Stranraer!

A "Great Adventure" it was not.

It was no fun the last time. Gon doon the Easter Road boozers pre/post game and going TO the game, sitting in the half empty ground.

Christ, I remember the opening of the FF Stand and sitting watching us play some utter keech to mark the occassion. Joke it was. But fun, it was not.

Never, ever again.

Thats before returning to the city centre to wideo yams for 38 matches. No, there is no positive to be gained from it.

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-01-2011, 08:02 PM
The squad of players we had when we started the 1st Division last time around might not have been good enough to get out of the league. The introduction of Mixu and Latapy changed everything, we were mid table after 5 or 6 games.

With so many out of contract, we will be looking at an almost new team in the summer, that'll be much harder to do as a 1st div side. There is nothing romantic about being relegated.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 08:04 PM
The squad of players we had when we started the 1st Division last time around might not have been good enough to get out of the league. The introduction of Mixu and Latapy changed everything, we were mid table after 5 or 6 games.

With so many out of contract, we will be looking at an almost new team in the summer, that'll be much harder to do as a 1st div side. There is nothing romantic about being relegated.

Spot on :agree:

PapillonVert
22-01-2011, 11:21 PM

The last time, we had McLeish as manager. Petrie also had more money from such as SKY TV and so was able to offer enhanced pay rates to the likes of Sauzée, Latapy and Mixu which were well over the odds for 1st Division. We were also prepared to take on a fairly significant level of debt. That's why we won that Division at a canter in a record amount of time etc.

We will not have that luxury this time round. We will only be able to pay 1st Division rates and that's the level of player we will be able to recruit.

We will NOT be able to count on coming straight back up (and, Christ, forget it completely if the current dressing-room mentality prevails). Our situation is extremely serious.

basehibby
23-01-2011, 02:41 AM

Zemama will come good as long as he steers clear of more injury - can't say about Duffy as I really don't know what he's got to offer.

spike220
23-01-2011, 04:08 AM

:top marks

sunshine1875
23-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I will always support my team, but the past results are confirmation of what I have thought for a few weeks that we are doomed. We will be relegated this season.

I see nothing from that team that convinces me that we have the desire or skill to remain in the SPL. We have defenders who cannot defend and strikers who cannot score and a midfield that are too slow in thought and movement. We are gutless, spineless and directionless. Most alarming of all is the lack of pace in all areas of the team - a 2nd division team of part time footballers had more pace in their team!!!

Yes - we could get some signings in. But, why would anyone want to come to Hibs at this moment in time. Money would be a motivator, but there is no chance that Hibs will pay good money with the risk that we will get relegated. Matt Thornhill is probably the type of player we need in the long term, but will he alone dig us out of this hole.

Yes - we could throw in the youth. But, it is asking a lot for youth to dig us out of this current hole.

Yes - we could sack the manager and assistant, but what other manager would want to come to Hibs at this time. The 'other' Calderwood - he did it at Killie.

If we cannot raise our game against Ayr away in the cup and against Well yesterday, I consider it highly unlikely that we are going to get anything from the up-coming SPL games, continuing this downward spiral.

I would really, really love to be proved wrong, but with this bunch of gutless, spineless, directionless wage thiefs I really doubt it. We are doomed!

H18sry
23-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Is that the same as them winning the cup and us gettin........................... no thats already happened :eyes::eyes:

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 01:06 PM
I will always support my team, but the past results are confirmation of what I have thought for a few weeks that we are doomed. We will be relegated this season.

I see nothing from that team that convinces me that we have the desire or skill to remain in the SPL. We have defenders who cannot defend and strikers who cannot score and a midfield that are too slow in thought and movement. We are gutless, spineless and directionless. Most alarming of all is the lack of pace in all areas of the team - a 2nd division team of part time footballers had more pace in their team!!!

Yes - we could get some signings in. But, why would anyone want to come to Hibs at this moment in time. Money would be a motivator, but there is no chance that Hibs will pay good money with the risk that we will get relegated. Matt Thornhill is probably the type of player we need in the long term, but will he alone dig us out of this hole.

Yes - we could throw in the youth. But, it is asking a lot for youth to dig us out of this current hole.

Yes - we could sack the manager and assistant, but what other manager would want to come to Hibs at this time. The 'other' Calderwood - he did it at Killie.

If we cannot raise our game against Ayr away in the cup and against Well yesterday, I consider it highly unlikely that we are going to get anything from the up-coming SPL games, continuing this downward spiral.

I would really, really love to be proved wrong, but with this bunch of gutless, spineless, directionless wage thiefs I really doubt it. We are doomed!

We must bring players in who are fit - not injured players who take a month to get fit.

Even the Thornhill will take a few weeks to settle as he hasn't played for a while :agree:

hibbill2002
23-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Can you imagine?..I didn't realise how close Hearts were to the top!:eek::eek:

I can imagine, which is ****in scary .

Sir David Gray
23-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Can you imagine?..I didn't realise how close Hearts were to the top!:eek::eek:

That would probably finish me off, to be honest.

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Relax -

They will get 2nd or 3rd at worst.

Like it or not it's good for the SPL someone else is challenging. Yeah it's the yams but if we can't do it least it will worry the Old Firm - we need that in the Scottish game - you can't argue that.

They blew their Scottish Cup this year - otherwise it could have been a very good season for them.

I would put money on us going down over them winning the league - Lennon wouldn't have it :wink:

BWhiteman1972
23-01-2011, 01:51 PM

If anyone thinks we will bounce straight back up again like we did before they are seriously mistaken. For starters, this current squad is much, much weaker than the squad that went down and to assist us in that 1st division campaign we had a certain Sauzee and Latapy in the squad! The first division is now an altogether tougher league.

hibeefan95
23-01-2011, 01:56 PM
If we were to actually go down to the first division, I personally think we will come straight back up because we have some decent young players and we would probably sign a couple of players. If Deek was to stay he would score about 25 goals in the first division!!

BWhiteman1972
23-01-2011, 01:57 PM
The rot started the minute that Petrie allowed player power to take over at ER and stop Collins' dream of building a team of dedicated professionals wanting to succeed for Hibs. Instead Petrie backed the players' lack of ambition, allowed them to run the club their way then built them a training centre to listen to their ipods, play their playstations in and avoid having to pay for a gym membership.
Player power has ultimately cost JC, Mixu and Yogi their jobs and without a clear out of this type of mentality will also cost CC his job too! The common denominator being that none of these managers has managed to get what, on paper, is a talented group of players, playing as a team for Hibs.
Unfortunately if we do get relegated many of the guilty parties will be out of contract and won't have to suffer the punishment inflicted on the fans.

That is absolutely spot on!!

BWhiteman1972
23-01-2011, 02:00 PM
If we were to actually go down to the first division, I personally think we will come straight back up because we have some decent young players and we would probably sign a couple of players. If Deek was to stay he would score about 25 goals in the first division!!

With all due respect that is totally naive! To even think about promotion we would need an experienced spine in the team and what's the chance of attracting the players we need?

If you think for a minute Riordan would stay to play in the first division you really are overly optimistic.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Relax -

They will get 2nd or 3rd at worst.

Like it or not it's good for the SPL someone else is challenging. Yeah it's the yams but if we can't do it least it will worry the Old Firm - we need that in the Scottish game - you can't argue that.

They blew their Scottish Cup this year - otherwise it could have been a very good season.

I would put money on us going down over them winning the league - Lennon wouldn't have it :wink:

I can understand that the neutrals are happy with Hearts up there challenging at this stage of the season but it's bad enough that we are as poor as we are, them being up there, just behind the Old Firm, just makes matters a whole lot worse and only rubs salt into the ever deepening wounds.

bigross7
23-01-2011, 02:09 PM

They are still generous odds but we were 10/1 earlier in the week i expect them to come in a little further in the coming weeks.

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 02:10 PM
I can understand that the neutrals are happy with Hearts up there challenging at this stage of the season but it's bad enough that we are as poor as we are, them being up there, just behind the Old Firm, just makes matters a whole lot worse and only rubs salt into the ever deepening wounds.

Our terrible team held them till the last 10 minutes as well. Even if they had the majority of play etc that derby they should have really taken 5 off us but didn't.

Sometimes as Hibs fans we need that though - we just take it if we are above the yams or them just above us. This season people are reacting as our nearest rivals should be out of business but have continued to survive and are challenging for the league.

Longer term I still hope / believe we will be on top in the city but right now we have to stay up this season or that plan with complete stadium / training complex will be put back several years.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2011, 02:44 PM

Out of the current squad, only the following players have contracts for next season;

Brown
Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
de Graaf
Murray
Wotherspoon

Of the players who are out of contract, the following would probably be willing to sign a new contract if one was offered to them, if we were in the first division;

Dickoh
Thicot
Hogg
Stevenson
McBride
Trakys

With a squad consisting of;

Brown
Hart
Dickoh
Thicot
Hogg
Hanlon
Stephens
de Graaf
Stevenson
McBride
Murray
Wotherspoon
Trakys

I don't think instant promotion would be a sure thing.

I don't believe Miller, Riordan or Zemmama will be signing new deals, even if we stay up, so there's not a hope that they would be staying if we went down.

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Out of the current squad, only the following players have contracts for next season;

Brown
Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
de Graaf
Murray
Wotherspoon

Of the players who are out of contract, the following would probably be willing to sign a new contract if one was offered to them, if we were in the first division;

Dickoh
Thicot
Hogg
Stevenson
McBride
Trakys

With a squad consisting of;

Brown
Hart
Dickoh
Thicot
Hogg
Hanlon
Stephens
de Graaf
Stevenson
McBride
Murray
Wotherspoon
Trakys

I don't think instant promotion would be a sure thing.

I don't believe Miller, Riordan or Zemmama will be signing new deals, even if we stay up, so there's not a hope that they would be staying if we went down.

:agree:

Contracted till 2012

We have...

Hart
Murray
De Graff
Mark Brown
Hogg

Hanlon
Stevens
Wotherspoon

Booth

Taggert - I am not sure about

Sir David Gray
23-01-2011, 02:59 PM
:agree:

Contracted till 2012

We have...

Hart
Murray
De Graff
Mark Brown
Hogg

Hanlon
Stevens
Wotherspoon

Booth

Taggert - I am not sure about

Hogg's out of contract this summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/6254440.stm

Forgot about Booth, though.

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Hogg's out of contract this summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/6254440.stm

Forgot about Booth, though.

I was taking it from here -

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/kader/verein_903.html

Ignore the prices - the link to his agent says 2012 too :confused:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/wortmann-sportmarketing/details/berater_764.html

Kaiser1962
23-01-2011, 04:30 PM
That is absolutely spot on!!

No its not.

There is such a thing as employment law which may have had something to do with it.

Cod Boy
23-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Fat and obese isn't the general body shape for a footballer.

Hartley has lost his legs and not in the shape he used to be - but still does a job - thats the embarrassing thing.

I don't think our players are fit enough or strong enough right now - something you would expect from a pro.

when did he lose his legs he had them at parkhead yesterday

GreenCastle
23-01-2011, 08:20 PM
when did he lose his legs he had them at parkhead yesterday

His legs were on his body :greengrin\

But you can't tell me he was the same player who played so well for the yams and single handily destroyed us in that semi final.

It happens with age you slow up - he was never super fast but can't play at the same intensity as he used too. :agree:

nortonhibby
23-01-2011, 08:27 PM
I Have previously posted on this subject yesterdays game i wrote off together with the next 2 games our big games are against Hamilton and St Mirren we will win these one to ones and survive:flag:

We must focus on a fresh start for next season this season is about survival we need to back CC And the board in fighting will get us no where.