PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates *** Motherwell 2 v Hibernian 0 ***

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Hibs Class
22-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Our game in hand is against Hamilton away. So given our dire situation and the fact that our recent record there is rubbish, we are effectively joint bottom.

We don't have a game in hand? We have games that were postponed that have been rearranged - Hamilton and St Mirren - but we only have games in hand when compared to ICT, Killie and Celtic and doubt we'll be catching any of them.

Green forever
22-01-2011, 04:51 PM
It seems to me that our decline started around the same time that the new training centre opened.

Maybe we should just sell East Mains and have the players training on the public parks again in among all the dog mess.

If Deeks is a luxury we can't afford then surely the Hibernian Holiday Park is even more of a luxury. We certainly have not seen any benefits from the Centre which was to be the big attraction for bringing decent players in.

IMO the decline started when Rod allowed the players to walk over John Collins. The chairman had to back his manager there and tell the players to bolt in no uncertain terms. If later he thought that JC was doing a poor job then fair enough to get rid of him.

The players needed and still need to know that they don't run the club despite appearnaces to the contrary.

Jamesie
22-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Isn't Hamilton's game in hand a home game against us?

I was looking at this earlier - they have a fixture against Dundee United on Wednesday 16 February that I presume is their game in hand.

sesoim
22-01-2011, 05:14 PM
"Hibs look a soft touch all over the park"

And we have been for as long as I can remember

Yip, rarely do we ever seem to get the balance right between a team that can play a bit of football and a team that will stand up for itself. We had it for a spell in the McLeish period, but even when we had the good youngsters in 2004-06, we were still getting outmuscled by teams like Inverness and so on.

Baldy Foghorn
22-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I was looking at this earlier - they have a fixture against Dundee United on Wednesday 16 February that I presume is their game in hand.

Correct.