PDA

View Full Version : Team to play Motherwell

Wotherspiniesta
21-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Tomorrow we put our 100% record v Motherwell on the line :greengrin. Big performance needed in our battle for SPL survival. I'd go for big changes. Very much doubt we would see this XI, but it would be a team with youthful exuberance with players who can actually pass the ball!

........................Brown..................... .....

W'Spoon.......Dickoh.....Hanlon.........Booth

Zemmama....Welsh.......McBride....Galbraith

..................Trakys....Duffy................. ...

Bench: Stack Hart Murray Stevenson Nish Riordan Byrne

What XI would everyone else like to see? :aok:

Judas Iscariot
21-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Brown

Witherspoon
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Zemamma
Welsh
Murray
Galbraith

Trakys
Riordan

markom127
21-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Tomorrow we put our 100% record v Motherwell on the line :greengrin. Big performance needed in our battle for SPL survival. I'd go for big changes. Very much doubt we would see this XI, but it would be a team with youthful exuberance with players who can actually pass the ball!

Brown
W'Spoon.. Stephens.. Murray.. Hanlon
.......................McBride...................
Zemmama .........................Galbraith
........................Miller.................... ....
................Riordan........Nish............... .

sundo1875
21-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Brown

Hart Dickoh Hanlon Booth

Galbraith Mcbride Murray Stevenson

Riordan Nish

Wotherspiniesta
21-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Miller's suspended

markom127
21-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Miller's suspended
Oh then Rankin in same place

ancient hibee
21-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Glad some of the guys above have nothing to do with picking the team considering Miller's suspended

Judas Iscariot
21-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Miller's suspended

Furgoat..

Ta :aok:

GreenCastle
21-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Here is a positive...Motherwell haven't beaten us this season...we have taken 6 points off them (so they will probably beat us tomorrow...:rolleyes:)

Anyway team bingo - what I think CC will play

Stack / Smith

Hart
Hanlon
Dickoh
Booth

Wootherspoon
Murray / Rankin
McBride
Galbraith

Riordan
Nish

Subs..Bryne, Stevens, Brown, Duffy, Zemmamma, Rankin/Murray

Would take a point and a goal scored as an improvement...this terrible run must end soon :ro
lleyes:

Judas Iscariot
21-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Glad some of the guys above have nothing to do with picking the team considering Miller's suspended

:rolleyes:

Aye, I don't think it'd be very proffesional having someone pick the team who has another job for the six other days of the week eh?!

:yawn:

GreenCastle
21-01-2011, 06:18 PM

Is Stevenson not injured :confused:

rj hibs
21-01-2011, 06:32 PM
why are people even considering playing nish ahead of trackys, duffy and byrne? Hes demonstrated countless times that hes just not good enough.

hiblander
21-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Who is Welsh ??

I aint playing tomorrow !:na na:

Speedway
21-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Brown
Spoon
Stephens
Hanlon (if fit)
Booth

Zoumer
Murray
Welsh
Galbraith

Duffy
Riordan

What's to lose....seriously?

markom127
21-01-2011, 06:38 PM
why are people even considering playing nish ahead of trackys, duffy and byrne? Hes demonstrated countless times that hes just not good enough.
I would play nish because we actully scored when he was playing alongside riordan

GreenCastle
21-01-2011, 06:38 PM

We all know that :greengrin

Though CC seems to want to play him.

I would play either Duffy or Byrne up top - we need movement and not people standing still up there.

Jim44
21-01-2011, 06:51 PM

I have to the best of my memory never been openly critical of Nish and always thought it was worth playing him in the hope that he would start scoring again. However my patience with him has withered and watching him on Tuesday finally convinced me that he is finished at Hibs.

Wotherspiniesta
21-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Is Stevenson not injured :confused:

Broken wee toe. Could play through the pain.

Skanko79
21-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Burridge

Miller
Mitchell
Hunter
McIntyre

Weir
McGinley
Hamilton
McLeod

Wright
Evans

GreenCastle
21-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Brown
Spoon
Stephens
Hanlon (if fit)
Booth

Zoumer
Murray
Welsh
Galbraith

Duffy
Riordan

What's to lose....seriously?

I like that team - attacking but lets go for it.

I want Murray in there but I really think he struggles in CM - maybe let him hold and just do the basics.

A young back four but one for the future ?

bingo70
21-01-2011, 06:58 PM

:agree:

I was actually saying before tuesday i thought he should play against Ayr as they could struggle to deal with him and he has proven in the past he's capable of scoring goals, however, tuesday was the final straw for me, he was absolutely abysmal and didn't once look like scoring, that had to be his last chance and it never happened for him unfortunately so time to start trying other things.

TBH though from the little i've seen of Byrne i'm far from convinced he's the answer, however there's potential with him, Nish is finished at hibs IMO.

frazeHFC
21-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Who is Welsh ??

If that was a serious question, and not part of your joke. Then he is a young Cm who is quite defensive minded, came up from the U19s but injury has meant he has not made the 1st team yet.

If Thornhill is not available then:

Brown

Thicot Dickoh Hanlon Booth

Murray McBride

Wotherspoon Zemmama Riordan

Byrne

Really need a striker though, hopefully we do get Rooney.

bingo70
21-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Wotherspon
Mcbride (i'd actually give welsh a go but i doubt very much if that'll happen)
Rankin
Riordan

Duffy
Byrne

PeterboroHibee
21-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Brown

Spoony
Dickoh/Stephens
Hanlon (c)
Booth

Zemmama
McBride
Welsh
Galbraith

Trakys
Duffy

And told to keep the ball on the deck as much as possible!

It wont be anything like that however, it will be the same jokers who have been oh so successful for us this season, and most likely the CBs hoofing terrible balls up to a lone Riordan all game long.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2011, 07:22 PM
If Smith Hart Murray and Nish are anywhere near fir park tomorrow, i seriously wonder if Calderwood is up to the job.

bingo70
21-01-2011, 07:27 PM
If Smith Hart Murray and Nish are anywhere near fir park tomorrow, i seriously wonder if Calderwood is up to the job.

I agree about Smith and Nish, both have blown what should be there last chance, the other two i'd disagree with, both should be replaced with new signings but until then i'd have hart as right back as there's no one else and murray on the bench as cover for a number of positions.

Mikey
21-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Miller's suspended

Burridge

Miller
Mitchell
Hunter
McIntyre

Weir
McGinley
Hamilton
McLeod

Wright
Evans

C'mon Skanko, get with the script :greengrin

Houchy
21-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Burridge

Miller
Mitchell
Hunter
McIntyre

Weir
McGinley
Hamilton
McLeod

Wright
Evans

Nah, drop hamilton:agree::greengrin

Albion Hibs
21-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Brown

Thicot / Dickoh / Hanlon / Booth

Wotherspoon / McBride / Murray / Rankin

Zemamma / Nish

I would have liked to have put Wotherspoon at right back as I think that is his strongest position, however that would leave the midfield on the short side so have elected to play him in the midfield.

Zemamma ran riot on his last outing so have put him up front, his pace will hopefully undo the old legs in the Motherwell defence. Both Motherwell CH's are pretty strong in the air so I was tempted to leave Nish out to avoid our midfield hiding and our defence being forced to punt the ball up front, which never works anyway, but he has a decent scoring record for us at fir park! so thought I would put him in ahead of Duffy.

Subs
Riordan
Duffy
Bryne
Stephens
Hart
Stacks

Albion Hibs
21-01-2011, 07:48 PM

Why dont you boycott the game in protest!

SteveHFC
21-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Brown
Wotherspoon Hanlon Dickoh Booth

Murray

McBride Miller Zemmama

Deeko Duffy

Subs:
Stack
Thicot
Stephens
Welsh
Rankin
Trakys
Byrne

Sloppy
21-01-2011, 08:48 PM
stack

spoony stephens hanlon booth

zouma welsh rankin galbraith

duffy byrne

why not...

hiblander
21-01-2011, 08:48 PM
If that was a serious question, and not part of your joke. Then he is a young Cm who is quite defensive minded, came up from the U19s but injury has meant he has not made the 1st team yet.

My names Murray Welsh so I'll have that as centre mid partnership please.

:notworthy:

DAVE1875
21-01-2011, 08:54 PM
4-1-3-2

GK: Brown

RB: Wotherspoon
CB: Dickoh
CB: Stephens
LB: Booth

DM: Murray

RAM: Zemmama
AM: De Graaf
LAM: Galbraith

ST: Byrne
ST: Riordan

Subs: Stack Thicot Hanlon RANKin Welsh Duffy Trakys

Idea is for Zemmama, De Graaf and Galbraith to advance forward with Deeko and Byrne whilst Murray tracks back to support the defence

12AlbionPlace
21-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Smith

Hart
Dickoh
Murray
Hanlon

Rankin
Miller
McBride
Riordan

Nish
Duffy

:greengrin
:tin hat:
:offski:

Sir David Gray
21-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Assuming that de Graaf, Stevenson and Hanlon all miss out through injury, I would probably go with the following;

Brown

Hart
Dickoh
Thicot
Booth

Wotherspoon
Murray
Zemmama
Galbraith

Riordan
Duffy

SUBS

Stack
Hogg
Rankin
McBride
Horner
Nish
Byrne

I think that's our "least worst" line up.

dirtydirk
21-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Stack has been told he is starting tomorrow supposingly

Judas Iscariot
21-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Stack has been told he is starting tomorrow supposingly

:agree:

Expect a few other changes..

nortonhibby
21-01-2011, 09:38 PM

it does not matter we all know we will get beat, and against the huns next week, the big games start there after st mirren and the hamilton games are must wins
it does not matter we all know we will get beat, and against the huns next week, the big games start there after st mirren and the hamilton games are must wins:flag:

it does not matter we all know we will get beat, and against the huns next week, the big games start there after st mirren and the hamilton games are must wins:flag:

scoopyboy
21-01-2011, 09:46 PM

Because Nish has scored for Hibs and the three you mention haven't.

Seems a reasonable answer eh.

yekimevol
21-01-2011, 10:13 PM
brown
thicot dickoh hanlon booth
wortherspoon thornhill murray galbraith
byrne duffy

subs
stack, hogg, welsh, taggert, riordan homer,

H18sry
21-01-2011, 10:48 PM
brown
thicot dickoh hanlon booth
wortherspoon thornhill murray galbraith
byrne duffy

subs
stack, hogg, welsh, taggert, riordan homer,

Why only 6 subs? :rolleyes:

sesoim
21-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Brown

Witherspoon
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Zemamma
Welsh
Murray
Galbraith

Trakys
Riordan

:thumbsup: I've never seen Welsh but I'd happily try that team out tomorrow.

500miles
21-01-2011, 11:05 PM
................Brown
.Thicot.Dickot..Hanlon.Booth
...........Welsh..Rankin
.W'Spoon...............Galbraith
.............Duffy.Byrne

Ed De Gramo
21-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Brown

Hart
Stephens
Hanlon
Booth

Wotherspoon
Rankin
Murray

Zoomer

Duffy
Byrne

matty_f
21-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Who is Welsh ??

Tom Jones and that bird off of Catatonia.:agree:

SmokieJoe
21-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Burridge

Miller
Mitchell
Hunter
McIntyre

Weir
McGinley
Hamilton
McLeod

Wright
Evans

:top marks
Sneddon and beasty on the bench?

markom127
21-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Why not give Hogg another try. Look what happened last time he played at RB, Won the game

hibsbollah
21-01-2011, 11:46 PM

Brown

Murray McBride

Byrne

I like that :agree: 2 holding midfielders and zemmama having a supporting role from the middle. Deeks and Spoony wont offer much help to the full backs but thats life when your squad is as thin as ours.

essexhibee
21-01-2011, 11:51 PM

Utterly Brilliant Post Blackers. Smith is quite frankly a joke and looks a scared and bombscare man everytime he is near the ball. Hart - just *****. **** knows how much money we have spent on that numpty through his high wages and golden handshake. Murray is finished, although a good hibby so maybe a place on the bench fi him.

yekimevol
21-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Why only 6 subs? :rolleyes:
human error - or my brain gave up trying to think of a average player.

Dunbar Hibee
22-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Boothy definitely starting. As said above Stack in goals I hear...:confused:

jonny
22-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Brown

Zemamma / Nish

I would have liked to have put Wotherspoon at right back as I think that is his strongest position, however that would leave the midfield on the short side so have elected to play him in the midfield.

Zemamma ran riot on his last outing so have put him up front, his pace will hopefully undo the old legs in the Motherwell defence. Both Motherwell CH's are pretty strong in the air so I was tempted to leave Nish out to avoid our midfield hiding and our defence being forced to punt the ball up front, which never works anyway, but he has a decent scoring record for us at fir park! so thought I would put him in ahead of Duffy.

Subs
Riordan
Duffy
Bryne
Stephens
Hart
Stacks

Did he? Was his last outing a "behind closed doors" game that no-one except you seen? I really must've missed that. I'd still have him in the team though - he needs games to get back to his best - to be fair there was a couple of glimpses of it against Smeltic, certainly wouldn't say he ran riot though

jonny
22-01-2011, 09:23 AM

Brown

Murray McBride

Byrne

Seems very attacking for an away game - good looking line up though. Would be surprised if CC went with this but I'd like to see it given a go. I think Thornhill is carrying a wee injury so it's unlikely he'll play for a couple of weeks. If he was available I'd probably put him in for McBride.

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Why dont you boycott the game in protest!

I might just do that, or there again i might not. One things sure though, it wont be because of anything you say.

WindyMiller
22-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Brown

Zemamma / Nish

Subs
Riordan
Duffy
Bryne
Stephens
Hart
Stacks

Where and when was that?

moggie
22-01-2011, 10:47 AM

Agreed:aok: although i have a feeling nish has a good scoring record against motherwell.

jax67
22-01-2011, 10:54 AM

I'd like to see this.
Brown

L to R

Booth
Hanlon
Dickoh
Murray

Riordan
Mcbride
Stevenson
Wotherspoon

Trakyss
Duffy

Franck Stanton
22-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Have noticed quite a lot of posters in recent past critisising CC for including/introducing McBride to recent games as McBride is on the "no longer wanted" list. However on reading through these post quite a few fans have included him as a first pick for todays game. Cant have it both ways lads.

:taxi for McBride

one day maybe...
22-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Stack
Hanlon Stephens Booth
Wotherspoon Miller McBride Galbraith
Riordan
Duffy Nish

Subs
Zemamma
Brown
Dickoh
Welsh
Taggart
Byrne

jax67
22-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Have noticed quite a lot of posters in recent past critisising CC for including/introducing McBride to recent games as McBride is on the "no longer wanted" list. However on reading through these post quite a few fans have included him as a first pick for todays game. Cant have it both ways lads.

:taxi for McBride

IMO Mcbride is the best of a bad lot. No more.

hibsbollah
22-01-2011, 11:01 AM
I'd like to see this.
Brown

L to R

Booth
Hanlon
Dickoh
Murray

Riordan
Mcbride
Stevenson
Wotherspoon

Trakyss
Duffy

Stevenson has broken his ankle and Hanlon is struggling as well. We may see Hogg today i reckon, dont know if CC has many other options in the centre of defence. Personally id like to see Thicot in the middle with Dickoh but i dont think CC will do it.

jax67
22-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Stevenson has broken his ankle and Hanlon is struggling as well. We may see Hogg today i reckon, dont know if CC has many other options in the centre of defence. Personally id like to see Thicot in the middle with Dickoh but i dont think CC will do it.

I feel for Thicot, the guys a player. He finds himself getting a start, plays well, makes the odd error, then he's out of the team again. He's just a young lad and technically a very good player. I'd like to see him just in front of a back four.:agree:

hibsbollah
22-01-2011, 11:08 AM
I feel for Thicot, the guys a player. He finds himself getting a start, plays well, makes the odd error, then he's out of the team again. He's just a young lad and technically a very good player. I'd like to see him just in front of a back four.:agree:

Couldnt agree more:agree: Thats his best position.

cad
22-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Brown
Hanlon Stephens Booth
Wotherspoon Welsh McBride Galbraith
Duffy
Riordan Byrne

Subs
Rankin
Nish
Zouma no where near fit enough
Murray
Stack

The reason I picked this team apart from McBride who's going ,and maybe Deek leaving the rest look to me like they may have a future at Hibs so lets stop faafing about and play whats staying then add the new signings appropriately ,who's to say McBride cant get another bash at Hibs at least he looks interested, not the best way to pick a team but at least he can concentrate on a starting 11 then add when injuries come in

Dirkster23
22-01-2011, 11:42 AM

I thought it was a broken little toe :confused:

hibsbollah
22-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I thought it was a broken little toe :confused:

near enough:greengrin

Hamish
22-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Taken from the BBC site

Motherwell goalkeeper Darren Randolph:
"They are in a worse position than we are, low in confidence.

"Most of the boys watched the cup game on television the other night and we are all very confident going into the game that we can get one over on them."

Sentence 1 I can agree with

Hopefully sentence 2 breeds over-confidence in the Motherwell dressing room

jax67
22-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Couldnt agree more:agree: Thats his best position.

Thank *&^% i was starting to think i was wrong about him!!:aok:

HibeeMackenzie
22-01-2011, 12:29 PM
stack

wotherspoon stephens dickoh booth

zemmama mcbride welsh galbraith

riordan byrne

Brooster
22-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Team:

Smith

Thicott
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Galbraith
Rankin
McBride
Murray

Zemmama
Duffy

Scooter
22-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Team:

Smith

Thicott
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Galbraith
Rankin
McBride
Murray

Zemmama
Duffy

you wont be far away i dont think. id prob put money on that being the team

Brooster
22-01-2011, 12:44 PM
I think i will be spot on :wink:

Judas Iscariot
22-01-2011, 12:45 PM
you wont be far away i dont think. id prob put money on that being the team

Isn't Paul injured?

Brads Laing
22-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon Dickoh Hanlon Booth

Zemamma Murray Welsh Galbraith

Byrne Riordan

Franck is God
22-01-2011, 01:09 PM
taking into account injuries and suspensions my team today would be

Brown

Hart---Dickoh---Hanlon---Booth

Zemmama---Wotherspoon---Welsh---Galbraith

Duffy---Nish

jonny
22-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Team:

Smith

Thicott
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Galbraith
Rankin
McBride
Murray

Zemmama
Duffy

:no way:

No Riordan in your line up either.

IWasThere2016
22-01-2011, 01:30 PM
:no way:

No Riordan in your line up either.

No starting.

BEEJ
22-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Team:

Smith

Thicott
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Galbraith
Rankin
McBride
Murray

Zemmama
Duffy
:confused: Surely this is some form of twisted joke?

Smith playing again at Fir Park, scene of the famous 6-6 in which he played a starring role! I hope this is wrong.

IWasThere2016
22-01-2011, 02:02 PM
:confused: Surely this is some form of twisted joke?

Smith playing again at Fir Park, scene of the famous 6-6 in which he played a starring role! I hope this is wrong.

Appears not!!! :grr:

BT58
22-01-2011, 02:07 PM
cant anyone send CC a dvd of that 6-6 game:confused::confused:

down-the-slope
22-01-2011, 02:10 PM
cant anyone send CC a dvd of that 6-6 game:confused::confused:...:rolleyes:

KInd of late for that

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Team:

Smith