PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion - the most important moments in Hibs history?

wearehibernian
21-01-2011, 01:57 PM
To give you some background to this question and also to apologise in advance for the long winded nature of this post:
I am currently putting a book together entitled 'We are Hibernian' that will focus on the fans of the club and their experiences of supporting the team. It will feature interviews with many different ‘normal’ fans as well as chapters featuring some of the better know faces that follow the team. The essential concept of the book is really that we, the fans, are the club and perhaps this is particularly relevant in the tough times we are currently experiencing. So therefore I would like to get some ideas as to how we view the club from the historical perspective.
The book will be guided by a time-line throughout that will tie in these key events and therefore I would really welcome your feedback on these moments in the clubs history.
So, in the opinion of fans on this message-board can you tell me what you define as the most important and pivotal moments in the history of the club?
These events could include anything from the winning of cups, players that signed, ownership of the club, changes to the ground and that kind of thing. Anything that is relevant to you really.
I have included the provisional synopsis of the book below and I will shortly be posting a last appeal for interviewees as there are still some demographics that I would like to fill.
Thank you very much in advance for your feedback.
SYNOPSIS
Title: We are Hibernian
Content: ´We are Hibernian F.C´ explores the sights, the sounds and the memories associated with taking the journey to watch the team that we love while focusing on the hugely important role that the club plays within its immediate community.
This book attempts to delve much further into why fans chose Hibernian F.C and why, despite our life experiences off the pitch, we still stick with and watch a sometimes unsupportable cause.
Is it what happens on the field of play or the binding of family, tradition, memories and experience off it that makes us believe our first choice was the right one?
Are Hibs fans unique in their experience of following the club or are fans from other clubs so different after all?
A collection of real supporters accounts, stories, tales and yarns from all walks of society that have one thing in common – the team that we love!
Author: Andy MacVannan
Publisher: Luath Press

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Mercer being told to GTF!

wearehibernian
21-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Yes thats a big part of the book. Perhaps also something we should remember as bad teams/good teams come and go. We do at least have a team to talk about on this forum..

FranckSuzy
21-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi, good luck with your book. A friend of mine has so far had 2 books published by Luath :thumbsup:

From my time as a Hibby, it would have to be 7-0, 6-2, the signing's of George Best/ Sauzee/Latapy, the Skol Cup win, CIS Cup win, Millenium derby, 1-0 vs Rangers semi (Keith Wright), HOH, Sir Tom Farmer taking ownership, Deeks 1-0 at PBS (Casper), opening of new stand therefore completing the stadium, beating Rangers on penalties in cup semi (pictures of the young team celebrating when De Boer (IIRC)missed were superb)....and that's it for now. Phew :greengrin