PDA

View Full Version : No more loans or short term deals please....

Captain Trips
20-01-2011, 06:58 PM
....Well not that many...

When ay the start of the season Hughes brought in Duffy etc on loan and or on short term deals that was for me when I lost my patience with him, I said at the time as we already had a lot of players running out of contract the last thing is more of the same.

I will talk about this transfer window shortly, but from the summer I do not wish to see Hibs getting in players on loan en mass or on short term deals especially players whom are certainly nothing we couldnt sign by that I mean a player like Duffy whom isnt better than the calibur of player we can attract.

Stand up and be counted was the cry, I want deals done that show that the player has at least on paper got some long term commitment and the managers thinks he is worthy. Now I am fully aware that a player might only want a short term deal if thats the case no good for us, if manager thinks he isnt worth longer then dont bother.

Now I am not saying dont have any loans at all but not what we had last summer with that being most of the business, we need a team to build upon not have to mess about halfway through season trying to have folk extend contracts.

Unfortunatly at the moment any new players will be welcomed, any sign for long term then great but loans are fair enough at this juncture.

I am looking for proper bits of business in summer with new players in it for more than a season at least on paper, yeah of course a couple of loans may be needed but thats got to be exception rather than rule. If player only wants 6 months then I would knock that back, I would like the loans to be players whom we wouldnt be able sign at all as are maybe out of favor but at higher level, the odd one of them is ok but not 3,4 or 5 guys whom should be lucky we offer them a contract.

We need 7 or 8 players of quality IMO I would be looking for 5 or 6 minimum to be contracted players.