PDA

View Full Version : NHC Kenny Miller

down-the-slope
20-01-2011, 02:55 PM
He better hope the deal with Turks does not fall through...the TV pics of him getting all those green and white scarfs draped round him at the airport will have the Bears fuming :greengrin

Noticed he took one off only for another one to be put round his neck short time latter....:devil:

Jim44
20-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Miller has agreed terms with the Turks but it must only be a pre-contract as Rangers have turned down the offer of £300K I think.

ps. According to FF, the clubs have agreed or are about to agree the transfer fee.

Craig_in_Prague
20-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Is it not a little strange he's out there getting a medical and has agreed wages, but the clubs haven't agreed a fee yet. Find it a tad weird.

H18sry
20-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Is it not a little strange he's out there getting a medical and has agreed wages, but the clubs haven't agreed a fee yet. Find it a tad weird.

The bank may have tho :wink:

Golden Bear
20-01-2011, 03:15 PM
The bank may have tho :wink:

And the tax man awaiteth.

:turnevil:

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2011, 03:20 PM
He better hope the deal with Turks does not fall through...the TV pics of him getting all those green and white scarfs draped round him at the airport will have the Bears fuming :greengrin

Noticed he took one off only for another one to be put round his neck short time latter....:devil:

Saw it earlier, he cant return to ibrox after that. They have only just forgiven him for going to celtic? He's no chance of that happening again.:greengrin

aberhibsfc
20-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Heard that there was a Hibby hounding him at the airport asking if he'd come back to the Hibs cause we need him. The reply was maybe in a couple of years.

Jack
20-01-2011, 08:06 PM
40 50 grand a week!
He'd better cut it or he'll be the next Best Kebab!!

down-the-slope
20-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Just reported Gers have accepted £400K (or 4 weeks of Kennys wages:greengrin)

They must be in a bigger mess than stated if they are willing to take this and risk not getting the one CL place this season :rolleyes:

steviecarnie
20-01-2011, 09:02 PM

where did u got to school??

50k a week x 4 = £200k

PeeKay
21-01-2011, 06:36 AM
You've got to laugh! Miller has shafted the Huns. £400K, when they stood to get over a million from Birmingham? Although if I was a Birmingham supporter I would be asking why my manager was prepared to pay his old buddies what would now appear to be well over the odds for Miller.

marinello59
21-01-2011, 08:42 AM
You've got to laugh! Miller has shafted the Huns. £400K, when they stood to get over a million from Birmingham? Although if I was a Birmingham supporter I would be asking why my manager was prepared to pay his old buddies what would now appear to be well over the odds for Miller.

I don't think Birmingham were going to pay anywhere close to a million for Miller. Wasn't it somewhere near the £600k mark? One Miller had agreeed terms with the Turkish side his price would have fallen anyway. Rangers couldn't run the risk of him returning then leaving for nowt in the summer.

.Sean.
21-01-2011, 08:50 AM
He mentions in todays Sun he'd quite like come and play for Hibs when his Turkish adventure ends.

Thecat23
21-01-2011, 08:52 AM
He mentions in todays Sun he'd quite like come and play for Hibs when his Turkish adventure ends.

I posted ages ago mate, that he's always said to me he wants to end his playing career at ER.

Hibbyradge
21-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Headline in the Sun:

Kenny: My Heartache. It tore me up when I walked out on Rangers.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Aye, Kenny, it's tearing you up 50 thousand times a week.

J-C
21-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Miller is another football mercenary, had the option to earn a few bob at Birmingham and also give Rangers around £1m but instead takes £50k and for just £400k, it's only this season he's banged in the goals, most of the time headless chicken springs to mind.

J-C
21-01-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't think Birmingham were going to pay anywhere close to a million for Miller. Wasn't it somewhere near the £600k mark? One Miller had agreeed terms with the Turkish side his price would have fallen anyway. Rangers couldn't run the risk of him returning then leaving for nowt in the summer.

With another £400k if they stayed in the EPL.

Thecat23
21-01-2011, 09:12 AM
With another £400k if they stayed in the EPL.

Think what you like about Kenny, but he's made the very best out of a short career. Who wouldn't turn down 50k a week?? You? aye ok then!!

The Harp
21-01-2011, 09:19 AM
I posted ages ago mate, that he's always said to me he wants to end his playing career at ER.

Looks like some of our present playing staff are doing the same. :wink:

truehibernian
21-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Think what you like about Kenny, but he's made the very best out of a short career. Who wouldn't turn down 50k a week?? You? aye ok then!!

I think Kenny encompasses the new era footballer and I for one think the guy has done tremendously well for himself, through let's face it, good, hard work on and off the pitch.

People have their thoughts on Kenny Miller, but he is a player from even his early days at Hibs, showed enthusiasm for the game, desire, workrate, ability and goals. Even when folk were on his back (pundit wise, ex pro's), he still worked hard, never hid, and I think did very very well. Good on him getting one last huge payday IMHO.

Gone are the days of the one club footballer a la Miller and McLeish, but Kenny is a player who young Scottish youngsters should be looking at and saying "I want to be like that". You rarely hear of Kenny on the front pages of a newspaper, he is articulate when he speaks the game, and the fact that coaches like McLeish, Smith and Strachan all rate him (and have bought him) for me tells you everything about the player.

Well done Kenny Miller :agree:

J-C
21-01-2011, 09:20 AM

Do you know what Birmingham offered? I don't but it'll not be far short of £50k as they could easily afford it, depends on the length of contract offered by both clubs.

Thecat23
21-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Do you know what Birmingham offered? I don't but it'll not be far short of £50k as they could easily afford it, depends on the length of contract offered by both clubs.

Yeah i do and it's not anywhere near what he's getting now mate.

Thecat23
21-01-2011, 09:23 AM
I think Kenny encompasses the new era footballer and I for one think the guy has done tremendously well for himself, through let's face it, good, hard work on and off the pitch.

People have their thoughts on Kenny Miller, but he is a player from even his early days at Hibs, showed enthusiasm for the game, desire, workrate, ability and goals. Even when folk were on his back (pundit wise, ex pro's), he still worked hard, never hid, and I think did very very well. Good on him getting one last huge payday IMHO.

Gone are the days of the one club footballer a la Miller and McLeish, but Kenny is a player who young Scottish youngsters should be looking at and saying "I want to be like that". You rarely hear of Kenny on the front pages of a newspaper, he is articulate when he speaks the game, and the fact that coaches like McLeish, Smith and Strachan all rate him (and have bought him) for me tells you everything about the player.

Well done Kenny Miller :agree:

Could not put it better myself. :top marks

SlickShoes
21-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Miller is another football mercenary, had the option to earn a few bob at Birmingham and also give Rangers around £1m but instead takes £50k and for just £400k, it's only this season he's banged in the goals, most of the time headless chicken springs to mind.

Im pretty sure he realises his career is nearly over, this move will ensure he never has to work a day in his life. Im sure hes made a lot of money already but this move financially for him is massive. I also think hes not that daft to assume he has this amount of goals in him every season.

J-C
21-01-2011, 09:27 AM

You must be privvy then mate as I've read nowt in the papers apart from what Rangers were being offered, but if that is the case fair do's to the lad, take the cash, as he's only got another 3-4 years left.

Thecat23
21-01-2011, 09:36 AM
You must be privvy then mate as I've read nowt in the papers apart from what Rangers were being offered, but if that is the case fair do's to the lad, take the cash, as he's only got another 3-4 years left.

He's one of my best mates.. To be fair to him he knows himself he will be lucky if he even gets another 4 yrs. So he couldn't turn this down mate. Plus i get a hol to Turkey now :greengrin

johnrebus
21-01-2011, 09:36 AM
It always saddened me that Miller did not stay at ER for another year, he was too young when he left - twenty - and his career stalled for a couple of years as a result (though not the cash, obviously).

If that had happened, he would have been around for the 2001 Cup Final and, and........,

Ach well, we're all entitled to dream.

:boo hoo:

HFC_0762
21-01-2011, 10:17 AM
is kenny a hibs fan ?

Thecat23
21-01-2011, 10:23 AM
is kenny a hibs fan ?

Not a fan as such, but still likes to see Hibs do well. He wasn't really a fan of anyone growing up, His bro and dad were Rangers. Kenny went back a few times to ER after he left Hibs to Rangers, but after watching a game he was spat on coming out the ground. After that he never went back.

JimBHibees
21-01-2011, 10:24 AM
I wonder if his blood ran cold when hearing about Michael Stewarts story about not getting paid in Turkey (the Yams now Turkey the guy must just be very unlucky :greengrin).

Sounds an incredible move for the guy and as has been stated he always appears to have had a good hardworking attitude which has no doubt earned him a very good career.

JimBHibees
21-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Not a fan as such, but still likes to see Hibs do well. He wasn't really a fan of anyone growing up, His bro and dad were Rangers. Kenny went back a few times to ER after he left Hibs to Rangers, but after watching a game he was spat on coming out the ground. After that he never went back.

Shameful.

jdships
21-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Im pretty sure he realises his career is nearly over, this move will ensure he never has to work a day in his life. Im sure hes made a lot of money already but this move financially for him is massive. I also think hes not that daft to assume he has this amount of goals in him every season.

:agree:totally.
£50000 per week !!
This is the "last frontier" for KM , "pension " time or whatever you want to call it .
Can't blame him can you ? :greengrin
One doubt I have it's only this season he's banged in the goals, most of the time he's been a "bit player " as far as goal scoring is concerned

Good luck to him anyway :thumbsup:

Frazerbob
21-01-2011, 02:06 PM
I wish KM nothing but success in Turkey. It will be some experience for him (as well as financially rewarding). He would still be the first name on the Scotland team sheet IMO, as long as that clown Potter plays with a striker on the pitch!

If, in a couple of years time he's fit and looking for a club back home, I'd love us to sign him!

down-the-slope
21-01-2011, 04:57 PM

They must be in a bigger mess than stated if they are willing to take this and risk not getting the one CL place this season :rolleyes:

:doh: posting and :party:is not clever

the happy hibee
21-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Not quite true there mate kenny was a rangers fan when he was growing up just like his dad and his wee bro! i dont think he went to ibrox to see them very often but he certainly used to give me a slaging when rangers beat us! But you r right he does still have a soft spot for hibs tho and he has said he would like to finish his carrer wi us!

Judas Iscariot
21-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Horrible wee Hun Bassa :agree:

TheSouthMoroccan
22-01-2011, 01:33 AM
It was me at Heathrow. Hounding him my arse. Just having alaugh. I moved out of the way of the camera but could not resist asking if he could come back to Hibs for six months to help us out. Just having a wee joke. He laughed and said maybe in a couple of years times. I'd take him back, he's a decent guy and smart enough to know how to make his cash while he can. good luck to him.

Hounding when I only said a few words to him, at least the Hibees got a mention on national TV :confused:

Lucius Apuleius
22-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Never had a problem with Miller. Loved him at ER. Gutted when he left as I thought we would get a couple more years from them, but that is the way it goes. Never heard him slag Hibs off since he left. I would welcome him back in the twilight years of his career.