PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Hughes

Amit
20-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Hibs supposedly looking to get him on loan from Norwich. Needs games so Lambert wants to farm him out. Norwich would pay the bulk of his £7k wages.

Thoughts?

J-C
20-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Hibs supposedly looking to get him on loan from Norwich. Needs games so Lambert wants to farm him out. Norwich would pay the bulk of his £7k wages.

Thoughts?

Good player and just the type we need right now, knows the Scottish game also. :thumbsup:

smurf
20-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Very good player.:agree:

jonny
20-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Aberdeen have already signed him on loan have they not? I'm certain I heard that a couple of days ago on SSN. :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Was a good player, definitely better than what we have, One nagging doubt i have though, is he's clearly not fit, if he was he'd be in the Norwich squad. How far away from fitness is he, and can we carry him until he is fit? I doubt we can carry someone for very long?

MrSmith
20-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Very soft player who is tackle shy - not for us!

M11BMO
20-01-2011, 09:22 AM
He would be an improvement IMO.

MrSmith
20-01-2011, 09:41 AM
He would be an improvement IMO.

If he got over injuries enough to play!

IFONLY
20-01-2011, 09:55 AM

Already got one of those, he goes by the name of Liam Miller!!!!!!

Stevie Reid
20-01-2011, 10:02 AM
As long as CC can get the right hard tackler alongside him, he would be an excellent signing.

With regards to the Liam Miller comparison, Hughes was a million times better for Motherwell than Miller has been for us, bar his first 2 months at ER.

portyfelly
20-01-2011, 10:03 AM

Thoughts?

Is he not that woosey liberal?:na na:

Perspective
20-01-2011, 11:38 AM

Sadly I agree. If we're going to change the culture of the dressing room we need guys with a tougher mentality than Hughes has shown throughout is career.

Hard to find guys with both the ability and the character but they are out there if you look hard enough.

Speedway
20-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Just what we need, superb player, will improve the quality of the squad, soft as, not what we need, has it come to this, get it sorted, what about all our other targets, we can't we sign anyone, we're running at a loss, my father hates me, I hate my job, there is no point to life, mon the Hibs.

M11BMO
20-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Just what we need, superb player, will improve the quality of the squad, soft as, not what we need, has it come to this, get it sorted, what about all our other targets, we can't we sign anyone, we're running at a loss, my father hates me, I hate my job, there is no point to life, mon the Hibs.

:thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
20-01-2011, 12:00 PM

Totally agree, we're going to be relegated, we are on a sound financial footing competing at the top end of the league and latter stages of cups, we've had 5 successful balance sheets in a row, less downs than ups... Brown was injured which was lucky for him coz he was dropped, together we are stronger as the crowds get worse, no-one signs players till 5 minutes before the windae slams shut and petrie opens his purse, have we scored a goal yet this year, hail hail the hibs are here.

sesoim
20-01-2011, 01:48 PM

Good points. They cover all the ground well.

sesoim
20-01-2011, 01:51 PM
As long as CC can get the right hard tackler alongside him, he would be an excellent signing.

With regards to the Liam Miller comparison, Hughes was a million times better for Motherwell than Miller has been for us, bar his first 2 months at ER.

I'd agree that we need a hardman beside him to get a bit of balance. I think the whole team could actually do with a Vinnie Jones type scaring the opposition. They certainly aren't frightened from us at the moment.

Diclonius
20-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Just sign someone already. Anyone would give the squad a lift right now. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Just sign someone already. Anyone would give the squad a lift right now. :rolleyes:

No no no, thats why we are in this position now. Sign better than we have, sign the right type of player. Don't just sign anyone.

MacBean
20-01-2011, 02:27 PM
I have heard this elsewhere a couple of days ago. also heard that we are in talks with 6 just now

steviehibsleith
20-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Think the lad is a good player but worrying the fact lambert isnt playing him but want to loan him to get games - im guessing he isnt fit and without games he isnt match fit . If hes fit and ready great but we dont need another slow unfit player at ER !
Right now we need players ready to go not will be ready in 6 weeks time.

jdships
20-01-2011, 02:39 PM
No no no, thats why we are in this position now. Sign better than we have, sign the right type of player. Don't just sign anyone.

:thumbsup: thankyou !!

Ell_Chrisso
20-01-2011, 02:48 PM
@SkySportsLewis:
Hibs boss Colin Calderwood has conceded an interest in Norwich midfielder Stephen Hughes, but admits the situation is out of his hands

If the out his hands part is true & that its our club thats not meeting wage's, rather than Norwich reluctant to let him go, id be pretty p*ssed off.

Iv read in the newspapers today that Petrie has given all permission to use funds in this window, and its about high time we seen it! This is the first genuine thing iv seen pop up on any sky/bbc post... and we already are 20 days into the month!

.Sean.
20-01-2011, 04:17 PM
From what i've been told, he sounds very Liam Miller-esque - As in he'll flourish with a bruiser beside him. He'll play the pretty passes but when it gets down to the nitty-gritty, he's posted missing. This comes from a mate of mine, who is also a season-ticket hoder at Fir Park.

Hughes is a good player no doubt, but probably not what we're needing curently. What we do need is a big hard ******* to boot some arse in the middle of the park.

Dr Jimmy
20-01-2011, 04:21 PM
@SkySportsLewis:
Hibs boss Colin Calderwood has conceded an interest in Norwich midfielder Stephen Hughes, but admits the situation is out of his hands

If the out his hands part is true & that its our club thats not meeting wage's, rather than Norwich reluctant to let him go, id be pretty p*ssed off.

Iv read in the newspapers today that Petrie has given all permission to use funds in this window, and its about high time we seen it! This is the first genuine thing iv seen pop up on any sky/bbc post... and we already are 20 days into the month!

Not one to defend Petrie (ever), but it's probably out of our hands as the player has options and it will be his/Norwich's choice of who he goes to on loan.

Kaiser1962
20-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I'd agree that we need a hardman beside him to get a bit of balance. I think the whole team could actually do with a Vinnie Jones type scaring the opposition. They certainly aren't frightened from us at the moment.

Isnt it strange that Yogi, not exactly a shrinking violet when it came to putting himself about on the field, fills his team with gutless nancy boys? Peculiar.

greenlex
20-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I'd be surprised if he came to ER. An SPL club scrapping fir survival in a relegation dog fight doesn't sound like the best place for a player recovering from injury. If Norwich have other options for him he will go there.

Craig_in_Prague
20-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Isnt it strange that Yogi, not exactly a shrinking violet when it came to putting himself about on the field, fills his team with gutless nancy boys? Peculiar.

Yep, one of the main things that riled me about him.
He knew before he took the job and stated it when he did, that we were a soft touch.
Yet, done nowt to change that. In fact, we became even a softer touch than we were.

Cheers yogi :aok:

Davy Mac
20-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Yep, one of the main things that riled me about him.
He knew before he took the job and stated it when he did, that we were a soft touch.
Yet, done nowt to change that. In fact, we became even a softer touch than we were.

Cheers yogi :aok:

In my experience most big bully bosses employ weaker types so they can control them, the more outspoken and bullish the players are the less likely they will comply.

sahib
20-01-2011, 06:22 PM
If he is not good enough for Norwich then I suspect he may not be good enough for us. See Hart, Miller and De Graffffffffff.

keep the faith
20-01-2011, 06:42 PM
My concern with this one is that he is quite similar to miller and would need hard players around him. If its only a loan deal we would be better identifying a strong tackling type and sticking with liam.

I like Hughes but not sure that type of player (finding his fitness too) is what we need right now.

I'm being picky I know!

Bobby's Cinema
20-01-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't think theres many that would argue he would not improve the midfield. There is no quality in that midfield whatsoever and he could be someone that could provide some

HibbyAndy
20-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Just to piss Hearts off i hope we get him.

They have been monitoring him for 8698668686686646068 years.

MrSmith
20-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Right, info is:

Hibs/Norwich/Hughes talking definitely. No decision made however he has made it clear that it would only be a short term loan.

Source: Those of you in the know :wink: will know that I posted last year, he would not be going to Hearts even though the deal was done! Jumbo erses! :na na:

Hibs On Tour
21-01-2011, 12:04 AM
I'd agree that we need a hardman beside him to get a bit of balance. I think the whole team could actually do with a Vinnie Jones type scaring them ****less. They certainly aren't frightened from us at the moment.

Fixed that for you...:wink:

Springbank
21-01-2011, 06:41 AM
just the one oversight...

Totally agree, we're going to be relegated, we are on a sound financial footing competing at the top end of the league and latter stages of cups, we've had 5 successful balance sheets in a row, less downs than ups... Brown was injured which was lucky for him coz he was dropped, together we are stronger as the crowds get worse, no-one signs players till 5 minutes before the windae slams shut (except Leicester City) and petrie opens his purse, have we scored a goal yet this year, hail hail the hibs are here.