PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to Motherwell?

HibeeMcGinn1
20-01-2011, 06:31 AM
After my Ayr thread had a few wee debates on it I thought I'd start again. I'm going with another 2 (.sean. and .whitey.) on the Edinburgh and Livi bus. Hail Hail.
:flag::flag::flag:

Lmc2105
20-01-2011, 07:40 AM
After my Ayr thread had a few wee debates on it I thought I'd start again. I'm going with another 2 (.sean. and .whitey.) on the Edinburgh and Livi bus. Hail Hail.

Maybe we are off our heads mate but I'll be there on the bus takin peoples money and all that the usual looking like lafferty :wink: mate wait till a tell you about the story coming to ayr was a classic!! See you saturday chief

calumhibee1
20-01-2011, 07:52 AM

For the first time this season I can safely say that I don't even want to go to the game. So a definite no from me.

The Falcon
20-01-2011, 07:54 AM
I'll be there. While not looking forward to it I have to say I enjoy(?) the away games much better than at ER just now.

Vini1875
20-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Of course. Through thick and thin, for better or worse. In the hope that this team finds some pride in themselves and the shirt they wear.

jonny
20-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Nope. Not because I don't want to see Hibs though - had a shocking experience with the Stewards there last season and vowed never to go back.
Was at the game with my father-in-law who'd come up from England for it and at half time he asked a Steward if there was anywhere he could go for a smoke. The Steward said yes and opened the back door of the stand and said he'd wait there to let him back in.
A second Steward then appears and says to my father-in-law he left the stadium and so couldn't come back in. When we started to try and explain what the boys colleague said - unaggresively I may add - they called the police, who agreed with us but said it was the Stewards that actually ran the security and so couldn't do anything about it.
He wrote a letter to Motherwell and didn't even get a reply.

6 points out of 6 against that lot this season so I fancy our chances.

hibs0666
20-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Yup. My club needs me.

Joe Baker II
20-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Nope. Not because I don't want to see Hibs though - had a shocking experience with the Stewards there last season and vowed never to go back.
Was at the game with my father-in-law who'd come up from England for it and at half time he asked a Steward if there was anywhere he could go for a smoke. The Steward said yes and opened the back door of the stand and said he'd wait there to let him back in.
A second Steward then appears and says to my father-in-law he left the stadium and so couldn't come back in. When we started to try and explain what the boys colleague said - unaggresively I may add - they called the police, who agreed with us but said it was the Stewards that actually ran the security and so couldn't do anything about it.
He wrote a letter to Motherwell and didn't even get a reply.

6 points out of 6 against that lot this season so I fancy our chances.

A pity to hear as I have always found Motherwell one of the better-stewarded SPL grounds but they clearly do not deserve money if this is they how behave toward fans.

(Sadly Hibs made just as big a mess of the smoking issue this season in the new East Stand and this will probably cost them some season ticket sales next year.)

Not going this week (just been to Ayr and prob going to Tannadice next week so will give this game a miss, far too many games in January and weather not really full excuse for fixture scheduling).

mickki40
20-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Deffo there, I went to Ayr and was disappointed with the result. I am too scared to not attend. Just in case that's the game when we turn it round. I could just imagine the news headlines " Hibs come out top in 12 goal thriller" and I decided to go to Argos instead. Deffo there. Windmill first then Fir Park Club.

Wilson
20-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Can you play the matty jack role?

Yup. My club needs me.

LancashireHibby
20-01-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm there with two others, all going well we'll be in Motherwell for 12pm.

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Its the nearest game to me, i always go to Motherwell. Yesterday i was not going, today its a maybe.

cabbageandribs1875
20-01-2011, 09:29 AM
i think i'l go :hmmm:

SteveHFC
20-01-2011, 09:44 AM
I was going to go but not now after tuesday's performance.

HibbyKeith
20-01-2011, 09:51 AM
I wasn't at Ayr as our bus wasn't running (did get a pm about space to travel with another bus, but it was too late to change work times etc, cheers anyway :aok:) will be at Motherwell though, Saturday's without the cabbage just wouldn't be the same.

Sir David Gray
20-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Strangely enough, I will be there.

I have got no idea why, though.

hibbymac
20-01-2011, 10:35 AM
:notworthy:

TheCabbage
20-01-2011, 11:07 AM
In 2 minds. Will be in Hamilton over the weekend so should really go along but Ayr killed me

.Whitey.
20-01-2011, 11:10 AM
everybody calls me crazy for going to all the games - well maybe i am :greengrin

ILL BE THERE :flag:

RIP
20-01-2011, 11:31 AM
It's time to get behind the team. I don't normally make away games but our club needs us - every dammed one of us

6 of my family will be there - singing for 90 minutes - win lose or draw

HibeeMcGinn1
20-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Maybe we are off our heads mate but I'll be there on the bus takin peoples money and all that the usual looking like lafferty :wink: mate wait till a tell you about the story coming to ayr was a classic!! See you saturday chief

Youv got me curious Lee :wink:

At The Edge
20-01-2011, 12:14 PM
I'll be there, :agree: Tue was a total downer on the pitch but the Hibby end behind the goal was ace, more of the same please on Sat. :thumbsup:

Moulin Yarns
20-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Call me daft, but I actually think we will win this one.

Motherwell have a numpty for a manager, and have lost one of their main strikers to Aberdeen. If anything, they are probably in a worse state than us. Difficult to believe, I know.

Albion Hibs
20-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Looking forward to it! The disappointment of Tuesday is now behind me and I am looking forward to us being able to focus on the league and actually putting some points on the board.

Think it will be a difficult game, they have a couple of decent CF's and we have nothing in that area, but none the less my fingers are crossed for a result.

Dunbar Hibee
20-01-2011, 12:54 PM

Motherwell have a numpty for a manager, and have lost one of their main strikers to Aberdeen. If anything, they are probably in a worse state than us. Difficult to believe, I know.

Have to say I disagree.

Sir David Gray
20-01-2011, 01:22 PM

They're in the semis of the League Cup (we're out), in the last 16 of the Scottish Cup (we're out) and currently in the top six of the SPL (we're 10th).

I would say Motherwell are in a far better state than us. Although they have lost twice against us this season so I suppose they can't be that great.

Stuart McCall is looking for his first SPL victory as Motherwell boss so I'm sure we'll be in our usual generous mood on Saturday.

sesoim
20-01-2011, 01:43 PM
They're in the semis of the League Cup (we're out), in the last 16 of the Scottish Cup (we're out) and currently in the top six of the SPL (we're 10th).

I would say Motherwell are in a far better state than us. Although they have lost twice against us this season so I suppose they can't be that great.

Stuart McCall is looking for his first SPL victory as Motherwell boss so I'm sure we'll be in our usual generous mood on Saturday.

Motherwell are an example of a team who have managed to OVERPERFORM over the years due to, in general, good managerial appointments. As a result, they are often above us in the table in spite of a much lower fanbase. Hibs are the complete opposite - only McLeish and Mowbray have been decent in the last three decades.

I think McCall is a very poor appointment though, as he did nothing at Bradford. In my view, he is just another guy who's gotten a job because he used to play for Scotland. Having said all that, they'll probably beat us.:boo hoo:

Peevemor
20-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Motherwell are an example of a team who have managed to OVERPERFORM over the years due to, in general, good managerial appointments. As a result, they are often above us in the table in spite of a much lower fanbase. Hibs are the complete opposite - only McLeish and Mowbray have been decent in the last three decades.

I think McCall is a very poor appointment though, as he did nothing at Bradford. In my view, he is just another guy who's gotten a job because he used to play for Scotland. Having said all that, they'll probably beat us.:boo hoo:

... and going bankrupt.

Diclonius
20-01-2011, 01:53 PM
If it was a midweek game I'd probably head over, but right now spending the weekend back home in Carnoustie seems more appealing. I wonder why. :cool2:

Antifa Hibs
20-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Doesn't matter if we're top of the league, bottom of the league or anywhere inbetween, I'm there. Not my mentality and mindset to just not go. Not trying to sound sooper uber, just the way it is.

Dinkydoo
20-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Got the opportunity to go with 3 others on sat - don't know why I'm even considering it tbh :wink: - so I'll probably be there.

GGTTH :flag::flag:

callumstewart
20-01-2011, 06:06 PM
i have not missed a game so far so will be there :thumbsup::flag:

greenlex
20-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Home game for me but work might have to come first.:(

Hermit Crab
20-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Yes im going. Would feel guilty if i didnt go so i will be on the Carlton bus as usual. :flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-01-2011, 08:05 PM
i am heading through. The pies at Fir Park are superb, so win or lose, I can see an upside. Not a great fan of that ground though. Last two times i have come close to getting run over in amongst all those garages and cars.

forthhibby
20-01-2011, 08:10 PM
i'm working saturday, my works in motherwell, so will be there :thumbsup:

might even get home in time to see game on alba