PDA

View Full Version : its time to consider.....

sean
20-01-2011, 12:22 AM
The only people that really hurt in all of this is the fans, the proud fans of a very famous and one steeped in rich footballing history, shamefully sitting 2 places of the 1st division. IT IS SIMPLY A DISGRACE.

Todays statement made me laugh, there is something fundamentally wrong at hibernian fc, we get beat, so we send out a statement saying we are doing all we can etc, we are trying hard to rectify problems,we understand, we understand peoples frustrations? we need to pull together? WHAT A LOT OF ***** and it stinks.

I have seen first hand the lengths people will go to support this club, people who would do anything to see there team, and what for? lets all be honest the board at hibernian FC dont give a flying **** about the supporters, they can bull**** people in the media, statements claiming we are doing everything we can etc..

As long as we the fans, keep going back,the club will never change its policies and thats a fact. i genuinely believe supporters groups should group together and arrange a boycott of 1 fixture this coming month. this sounds drastic but unless people stand up to the board and show that they will not stand for this anymore then things will continue in this vain for the time being.

boycotts.protests all sounds wildly far fetched but unless people do something drastic the board wont do anything drastic back.

if say only a 100 fans turn up at motherwell on saturday, the club would **** themselves. its about time the real people of this football club, the people who pay for its existance start calling the shots, its long long overdue.

hibbysam
20-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Great post sean, Tbh i think everyone should take there seats as normal next wednesday and when the teams come out, every single person stand up and head downstairs to watch the first 5 minutes on the tele... i mean there wont be too many paying at the gate so most have seasons so the club already have our money...

rab1875
20-01-2011, 01:02 AM
The only people that really hurt in all of this is the fans, the proud fans of a very famous and one steeped in rich footballing history, shamefully sitting 2 places of the 1st division. IT IS SIMPLY A DISGRACE.

Todays statement made me laugh, there is something fundamentally wrong at hibernian fc, we get beat, so we send out a statement saying we are doing all we can etc, we are trying hard to rectify problems,we understand, we understand peoples frustrations? we need to pull together? WHAT A LOT OF ***** and it stinks.

I have seen first hand the lengths people will go to support this club, people who would do anything to see there team, and what for? lets all be honest the board at hibernian FC dont give a flying **** about the supporters, they can bull**** people in the media, statements claiming we are doing everything we can etc..

As long as we the fans, keep going back,the club will never change its policies and thats a fact. i genuinely believe supporters groups should group together and arrange a boycott of 1 fixture this coming month. this sounds drastic but unless people stand up to the board and show that they will not stand for this anymore then things will continue in this vain for the time being.

boycotts.protests all sounds wildly far fetched but unless people do something drastic the board wont do anything drastic back.

if say only a 100 fans turn up at motherwell on saturday, the club would **** themselves. its about time the real people of this football club, the people who pay for its existance start calling the shots, its long long overdue.

No offence but your too young to remember how it felt the day We were getting told by Wallace Mercer that He was going to Kill The Hibees .That was serious wake up call ,Our board do give a sh*t believe it or not,now is a time to stand together ,support the team and give the Manager a chance ,not to boycott or turn your back IMHO GGTTH

hibbysam
20-01-2011, 01:20 AM
No offence but your too young to remember how it felt the day We were getting told by Wallace Mercer that He was going to Kill The Hibees .That was serious wake up call ,Our board do give a sh*t believe it or not,now is a time to stand together ,support the team and give the Manager a chance ,not to boycott or turn your back IMHO GGTTH

Yehp lets sit back on our hands, cheer on the boys who dont give a **** and we can all come back and buy our seasons for next season in the 1st division that would be grand... something needs to be done and it needs done now!

HibeeMG
20-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Yehp lets sit back on our hands, cheer on the boys who dont give a **** and we can all come back and buy our seasons for next season in the 1st division that would be grand... something needs to be done and it needs done now!

I like the energy you've put into the thought process of a boycott of a game. Let's ignore the fact that the loss of revenue would probably come straight our of the budget for new player.

Instead, let's try to post something constructive.

I suggest you don't ask for "something" to be done unless you a) know what that something might be or b) know for a fact that the club aren't already in the process of doing it.

This board is really starting to be just as annoying as our current form!

rab1875
20-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Do what You want Sam but running doon the stairs to watch it on tele wont make a bit of a difference

ForeverHibs93
20-01-2011, 02:16 AM

I agree something needs to be done we are in real danger of becoming a first division club next year, althought like someone previously said most seats are ST's, so the club already has the revenue. However, something needs to be done to make the board take notice of the fans feelings. If we don't sign a few new players between now and the 1st I fear we may be doomed.

hibsforeurope
20-01-2011, 08:37 AM

"That's why the travelling support at Somerset Park and, indeed, the Singing Section at Easter Road Stadium have been an inspiration."

This bit of the statement particularly made me laugh, if the performances this season have been that of inspired Hibernian players we really are in trouble. It just goes to show that this statement is really just words to try and appease the fans with little substance behind it.

It is as if Rod has thought to himself '...what will the fans want to hear and what will take some of the heat off of me...' and written it down in this statement.

This statement should be taken with a spade full of salt, until actions and improvements are seen it is just empty words. I would like to believe it but we have heard similar stories from the club in the past with very little improvement.

Mikey
20-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Wouldn't you chaps be better waiting until the end of the transfer window before looking out the pitchforks?

PeeJay
20-01-2011, 08:46 AM
"That's why the travelling support at Somerset Park and, indeed, the Singing Section at Easter Road Stadium have been an inspiration."

This bit of the statement particularly made me laugh, if the performances this season have been that of inspired Hibernian players we really are in trouble. It just goes to show that this statement is really just words to try and appease the fans with little substance behind it.

It is as if Rod has thought to himself '...what will the fans want to hear and what will take some of the heat off of me...' and written it down in this statement.

This statement should be taken with a spade full of salt, until actions and improvements are seen it is just empty words. I would like to believe it but we have heard similar stories from the club in the past with very little improvement.

I feel he meant in in a more universal sense: I think many fans on this board have been "inspired" by the performance of the fans mentioned, indeed many posters have commented on the guys who were over in Ayr - and the singing in the new East stand has also often received praise - all part of Hibs, surely?

hibsforeurope
20-01-2011, 08:56 AM
I feel he meant in in a more universal sense: I think many fans on this board have been "inspired" by the performance of the fans mentioned, indeed many posters have commented on the guys who were over in Ayr - and the singing in the new East stand has also often received praise - all part of Hibs, surely?

I maybe should have added the first sentence of the paragraph which is relating to the players
"We need to harness our emotions to create a positive environment for the team to perform.That's why the travelling support at Somerset Park and, indeed, the Singing Section at Easter Road Stadium have been an inspiration."

I am not questioning the commitment or performance of the fans who have turned up and performed week in week out. This should act as an inspiration to the team but for Rod to suggest the players performances have been inspired by this is very worrying indeed.

lucky
20-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Wouldn't you chaps be better waiting until the end of the transfer window before looking out the pitchforks?

Why? do we get bonus points from the SPL for waiting? This farce has gone on to long. Yes we have state of the art training center,and shinney new stand but the team is rubbish and a manger who who appears not to know how to turn it around. If the fans dont take action then this will continue

hibsforeurope
20-01-2011, 09:13 AM

With the level of performances and results leading up to January I personally would have though we needed players in as soon as possible, not leaving it to the last minute. There is a team in place who sound out potential signings, surely they dont just start looking for potential targets on the 1st of January. Potential signings and deals can be sorted out before the 1st of January, I would have thought at least 1 or 2 players should have come in by now.

mjhibby
20-01-2011, 09:48 AM
With the level of performances and results leading up to January I personally would have though we needed players in as soon as possible, not leaving it to the last minute. There is a team in place who sound out potential signings, surely they dont just start looking for potential targets on the 1st of January. Potential signings and deals can be sorted out before the 1st of January, I would have thought at least 1 or 2 players should have come in by now.

Petrie seemed to allude to not signing players till the end of january in hs statement.Now i understand its probably teams taking it to the wire but we could well have still been in the cup and had a few more point son board if we had got a couple of players in straight away.We should have made it happen and not waited for it to happen.There are players there who could do a job at least until the end of the season who might have cost a bit but for 4 months and staying in the cup sure it would have been worth it.instead we are sweating on getting players in and of course there is the possibility of deals falling through and trying to stay up with the worse squad in years who are low on confidence as every player interviewed is quick to point out(ie its the managers fault and of course the one before him but not the players).
We never learn and the run in to the season will be tougher than it needed to be.We can make excuses as much as we want for the board and the management but the state we are in we should have been proactive and done something long ago and not accepting that the squads not good enough as we knew that a long time ago.there is no guarantee on transfesr before anybody says it but doing nothing surely in these times is suicidal.the longer it goes on the less attractive we are to potential signings.Im trying to be positive but boy it gets harder every day to be.

Lucius Apuleius
20-01-2011, 09:54 AM

OK Sean, I know you are hurting, but what would you have said differently? Remember we the fans have been screaming for a statement of some sort. Now he makes one he is saying the wrong things. Genuinely interested in what you would have said, or anyone else for that matter.

Expecting Rain
20-01-2011, 09:59 AM
A protest when we`re struggling to regain our composure and confidence, how could that possibly help things along? Does anybody believe that the board are not doing everything in their power ot put things right? We have players who are leaving either because they are surplus to requirements or near the end of their contract, we have a manager who hasn`t made a signing yet and youngsters who are not quite ready but i`m sure will contribute in the future or in cameo performances this season, as a club we have went through a massive transformation in clearing our debts, building a new training facility and completing the stadium, add the financial crisis that has affected the world to the equation, have faith and patience.
Would we rather be in the position of Hearts who have spent millions to win a couple of Scottish cups but whose future is and is always in the balance, would we like to be like Rangers who threw £70,000,000 at the game to dominate for 10 years domestically but now have Kyle Lafferty as their main striker and nowt in the bank?