PDA

View Full Version : Losing Interest

Monts
19-01-2011, 08:32 PM
I cant be the only one losing interest in hibs.

This is the first time in a couple of months ive been on this site as i just dont really bother anymore.

I gave up my season ticket last season after 10 years for non-hibs related reasons, but im not in the slightest bothered about it just now.

I look at the line up each week and theres nothing that inspires me. I watch/listen to the games and i dont expect anything from it. Even the defeat last night i wasnt the least bit surprised, and im starting to wonder what it was that brought me to the games week in week out for so long.

You look at the fixtures coming up, and you wonder where the points will come from. No games do i expect points. But i dont really feel that connection with the club at the moment, and its almost like looking at it from an outside perspective.

Am i alone in losing interest? Is it just a case of winning games will bring back the fans? Or are we starting to lose fans permanently?

Baldy
19-01-2011, 08:36 PM
no your not alone, I wasn't even bothered about the game last night .. didn't go, didn't watch it, didn't even listen to it .. in fact the first I looked at the score was when I got a couple of texts asking if I was at the game ... so I looked up the score, and wasn't really surprised by it

Cropley10
19-01-2011, 09:45 PM

This is the first time in a couple of months ive been on this site as i just dont really bother anymore.

I gave up my season ticket last season after 10 years for non-hibs related reasons, but im not in the slightest bothered about it just now.

I look at the line up each week and theres nothing that inspires me. I watch/listen to the games and i dont expect anything from it. Even the defeat last night i wasnt the least bit surprised, and im starting to wonder what it was that brought me to the games week in week out for so long.

You look at the fixtures coming up, and you wonder where the points will come from. No games do i expect points. But i dont really feel that connection with the club at the moment, and its almost like looking at it from an outside perspective.

Am i alone in losing interest? Is it just a case of winning games will bring back the fans? Or are we starting to lose fans permanently?

Good for you :aok:

Hank Schrader
19-01-2011, 09:49 PM

I feel the same, you ain't alone. Last nights result wasn't even remotely a surprise.

nortonhibby
19-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Good for you :aok:
im with you mate we must keep the faith 3 points on Saturday and all is forgoten:aok:

The Harp
19-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Each to his/her own I suppose. Never nice to hear of a Hibee losing interest because once regular attenders stop going it's difficult to entice them back and the resultant drop in atmosphere affects those who do attend. Hope we turn things around quickly and you have a change of heart.

Pete
19-01-2011, 10:42 PM
This is killing me reading this.

I can never "lose interest" in Hibs because my brain is wired to care. I reckon a lot of others are just pissed off and need a slap to bring them back about.

In times like this when there's nothing to inspire you on the park, in the dug-out or at the top table I just look at the shirt.
It's not Petrie, Calderwood...or even the individual players I am investing emotionally in...it's that green top with the white sleeves. Even now when I look at it I am proud. My Dad supported them as did my Grandfather before him and no set of individuals or custodians are going to spoil it.

Come on guys, we'll all be laughing about this in a years time!:flag:

:pray:

marleyhib
19-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Keep the faith mate, I have supported Hibs for 35 years and I for one am not going to give up on them now, it's times like this when the team need us more than ever.

We've been like this before and bounced back, we will again.

Time for a major shake up, we can turn it around.

GGTTH

spike220
20-01-2011, 06:44 AM
im with you mate we must keep the faith 3 points on Saturday and all is forgoten:aok:

3points on Saturday and I will be over the moon!:flag:

mjhibby
20-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Keep the faith mate, I have supported Hibs for 35 years and I for one am not going to give up on them now, it's times like this when the team need us more than ever.

We've been like this before and bounced back, we will again.

Time for a major shake up, we can turn it around.

GGTTH

Its in your blood and although there is times you do waver you still get that feeling of happiness when we win and depression and annoyance when they lose.Hate being on holiday somewhere remote and not being able to get the result.It will turn around and the one good thing is that there will be at least 13 to 14 players leaving this summer and about ten coming in so should be an exciting summer.Next season is top six finish and then the season after top 4.Im sure thats ccs challenge from petrie and all those who werent at hibs games when the crowd was 3,000 on a freezing midweek in january dont know that it has been worse than this.No consolation to fans right now but keep your chins up and indeed if we win on saturday the bounce will be back in everybodys step.
Its always been like this for us hibs fans im afraid.Up one season then back down again.Only by having the correct management team and getting the right players in will we improve.We definetely need huge change on the player front and whether we need a new manager remains to be seen.One weird statistic regards attendances is the fact that we are up on last season as are celtic and hertz and rangers are down.As they say there is lies damned lies etc.

spike220
20-01-2011, 09:48 AM
:aok:
Its in your blood and although there is times you do waver you still get that feeling of happiness when we win and depression and annoyance when they lose.Hate being on holiday somewhere remote and not being able to get the result.It will turn around and the one good thing is that there will be at least 13 to 14 players leaving this summer and about ten coming in so should be an exciting summer.Next season is top six finish and then the season after top 4.Im sure thats ccs challenge from petrie and all those who werent at hibs games when the crowd was 3,000 on a freezing midweek in january dont know that it has been worse than this.No consolation to fans right now but keep your chins up and indeed if we win on saturday the bounce will be back in everybodys step.
Its always been like this for us hibs fans im afraid.Up one season then back down again.Only by having the correct management team and getting the right players in will we improve.We definetely need huge change on the player front and whether we need a new manager remains to be seen.One weird statistic regards attendances is the fact that we are up on last season as are celtic and hertz and rangers are down.As they say there is lies damned lies etc.
:aok::top marks

uk3doorsdown
20-01-2011, 09:55 AM
in times like this when there's nothing to inspire you on the park, in the dug-out or at the top table i just look at the shirt.
It's not petrie, calderwood...or even the individual players i am investing emotionally in...it's that green top with the white sleeves. Even now when i look at it i am proud. My dad supported them as did my grandfather before him and no set of individuals or custodians are going to spoil it.

Come on guys, we'll all be laughing about this in a years time!:flag:

:pray:

yes!! GGTTH i'm 100% behind that comment

HibbyRod
20-01-2011, 09:59 AM

Couldn't put it better mj! Cheers! :greengrin

lapsedhibee
20-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Its in your blood and although there is times you do waver you still get that feeling of happiness when we win and depression and annoyance when they lose.
:grr: Fairweather fan! :wink:

Shaggy
20-01-2011, 10:40 AM
I went to see Bathgate under fourteens last Saturday instead of going to see tubes v celtic, yes I am losing interest, the performances are getting worse week by week. No heart no organisation, the kids were more entertaining.... honest.

heretoday
20-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Losing interest?

My advice is to switch allegiance to Man Utd or Arsenal. They are doing really well and shouldn't give you too many worries.

I'll stick with Hibs. After almost 50 years it's become more than just an "interest".

manx hibee
20-01-2011, 03:02 PM

was one that has lost interest till i read the first part of your comment
you are right its in our blood f##k the negative attitudes
we are hibernian fc and there is no one like us
so lets all keep believing we will come through this and with our heads held high
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

NAE NOOKIE
20-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Cant blame you for losing interest at the moment coz watching this Hibs team is bloody torture.

But I am afraid that for the likes of me sticking with the Hibees during the unfortunately too frequent bad times means I can revel even more in the all too infrequent good times knowing that if it wasnt for supporters like me Hibs might not survive the bad times to come good later.

And I can also feel bloody superior to all the old firm's so called supporters who will never know what it feels like to be a real fan coz at the start of every season the prospect of relegation will never be part of their supporter experience.

And finally ........ Being a Hibby is as much a part of me as my politics or the other things that make me who I am and I am not going to let past or present rubbish players, managers or club owners take that away from me.

Hibees forever :flag:

sahib
20-01-2011, 08:57 PM
It is sad to hear from supporters who are losing interest but people and their circumstances change. Lighten up, it is an entertainment if Hibs vanished tomorrow, life would still go on. My advise to the OP would be do what you want to do with your cash and even more valuable time. On a personal note I actually find times like this interesting and I am looking forward to the next home game.

Monts
21-01-2011, 07:24 PM
I think "losing interest" may have been the wrong words.

I still watch the games when i can, listen, and check the scores etc. I still have a very big interest.

But its the affect the results have on me that is changing. I dont get as cut up when we lose. It doesnt bother me anymore. Even sitting in the away end at tynie, watching another loss, it didnt hurt as much as it used to.

Hopefully we can start to get some results soon to excite the fans again, get people back to easter road. But if it doesnt come soon, then the expectance of defeat will spread to the players, the management, even the opposition. Very very hard to come back from. And i dont think we would cope well if relegated.

KWJ
22-01-2011, 05:32 AM
Hugs buddy, hugs.

I've discovered that there are more important things in life than Hibernian. I leave the blame for that at the SPL and myself for poor prioritising before that.

We need to have a proper sesh to get to the bottom of this though :wink:

Monts
22-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Hugs buddy, hugs.

I've discovered that there are more important things in life than Hibernian. I leave the blame for that at the SPL and myself for poor prioritising before that.

We need to have a proper sesh to get to the bottom of this though :wink:

:agree:

Prob wont manage a sesh for a while as im working 6 day weeks just now.

dalgetybayhibee
23-01-2011, 12:14 AM
I am just down about the whole thing even my kids no longer want to goto go to Edinburgh to see games might as well go to see Dunfermline, can not blame calderwood the 11 players on field have to get a grip, scottish football is a joke just watch on telly all the empty seats:grr:

H!BEE
23-01-2011, 09:09 AM
we'll support you ever more

we'll support you ever more

Hibernian ..................................

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: