PDA

View Full Version : Danny Galbraith

Largshibby
19-01-2011, 08:06 PM
In the first game at ER Danny was the one player who looked like he carried a threat, had a bit of pace about him and was capable of getting us up out of our seats. OK his final cross leaves a bit to be desired but its no worse than anyone else in the side. In any case against a defence like Ayr his instructions should be to aim for the penalty box every time. Last night he didn't even make it off the bench. Why?

Billy Whizz
19-01-2011, 08:11 PM
In the first game at ER Danny was the one player who looked like he carried a threat, had a bit of pace about him and was capable of getting us up out of our seats. OK his final cross leaves a bit to be desired but its no worse than anyone else in the side. In any case against a defence like Ayr his instructions should be to aim for the penalty box every time. Last night he didn't even make it off the bench. Why?

Calderwood could only make 3 subs yesterday unfortunately. Could have hooked all 11 if he was allowed.

Jamesie
19-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Calderwood could only make 3 subs yesterday unfortunately. Could have hooked all 11 if he was allowed.

Why bring on defenders when we're a goal behind though? A mystery to me.

Gala Foxes
19-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Why bring on defenders when we're a goal behind though? A mystery to me.

Spot on - no disrespect to Booth but the obvious sub was Galbraith who has an ability to get the ball down and run at a defence. No idea what Adams & Calderwood were thinking - although that applies to most of the selections last night

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 08:15 PM

Hanlon was injured i believe, so two substitutions were wasted on our full backs. We may have filled the team with experience, but also filled it with NO pace whatsoever. As you say, Galbraith was the only bright spot in the home game, and he has been one of only a couple of players getting better as the season has gone on, but no, he's nowhere to be seen.:confused:

Gala Foxes
19-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Hanlon was injured i believe, so two substitutions were wasted on our full backs. We may have filled the team with experience, but also filled it with NO pace whatsoever. As you say, Galbraith was the only bright spot in the home game, and he has been one of only a couple of players getting better as the season has gone on, but no, he's nowhere to be seen.:confused:

1 nil down in the Cup to part timers screw the defending - get forward, get the part timers under pressure and get a goal - who needs full backs at that stage of the game as we head out the cup?

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 08:21 PM
1 nil down in the Cup to part timers screw the defending - get forward, get the part timers under pressure and get a goal - who needs full backs at that stage of the game as we head out the cup?

:agree:
I'd have had him on from the start, i'd also have had Wotherspoon in the side at right back from the off too.

Gala Foxes
19-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Kurtis Byrne would have put in a better shift than Nish last night - the bit when Nish collided with their keeper then went down like a bairn was shameful

since90plustwo
19-01-2011, 09:26 PM
CC always seems to drop him after he has a good game. Against united he was our best player, dropped against the ****, against ayr in the first game they couldnt deal with him and he was unlucky a few times. his final delivery can be lacking at times but some of his low balls across the 6 yard line this year have only needed a touch. not comparing them obviously but ronaldos crossing was poor when he first came to united, fergie gave him plenty game time and within time his crossing was brilliant. danny galbraith needs to play, as does wotherspoon. young talents that add something to the team

Gala Foxes
19-01-2011, 09:39 PM
CC always seems to drop him after he has a good game. Against united he was our best player, dropped against the ****, against ayr in the first game they couldnt deal with him and he was unlucky a few times. his final delivery can be lacking at times but some of his low balls across the 6 yard line this year have only needed a touch. not comparing them obviously but ronaldos crossing was poor when he first came to united, fergie gave him plenty game time and within time his crossing was brilliant. danny galbraith needs to play, as does wotherspoon. young talents that add something to the team

Hughes did the same, winning goal at Parkhead, confidence probably at an all time high, and Hughes drops him.

I agree, D G was probably best Hi-bee on the park in Utd game

Allant1981
20-01-2011, 01:24 AM
i must be the only one who doesnt think glabraith is as good as some on here make out, people say he has pace, yes he is quicker than a lor of players at ER but lets face it that wouldnt be hard. Galbraith for me would be one of the ones on the list of players to get punted at the end of the season

GloryGlory
20-01-2011, 08:29 AM
i must be the only one who doesnt think glabraith is as good as some on here make out, people say he has pace, yes he is quicker than a lor of players at ER but lets face it that wouldnt be hard. Galbraith for me would be one of the ones on the list of players to get punted at the end of the season

No, I think that, too. One trick pony, only has "pace" compared to the rest of the donkeys in the team and has no final product. Apart from that, OK I suppose! :greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
20-01-2011, 08:52 AM
I have posted on another couple of threads that I couldn't believe that CC didn't bring Galbraith on. He should have brought him on at half time (having seen how slow the Ayr defence was) and reverted to 3 at the back.

Another bizarre decision from Calderwood. Beginning to wonder if he is a Romanov plant !! :confused: