PDA

View Full Version : Would you take Alex Miller back as manager until the end of the season...

Jamesie
19-01-2011, 04:28 PM
...assuming that Calderwood's position becomes untenable?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Miller - out of work at the moment and with recent experience of helping a team beat the drop.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it in the short term - longer term though I would wish to avoid going back to the mid 80s.

Just a totally baseless, unfounded though.

Keith_M
19-01-2011, 04:42 PM
The threads on here get more ridiculous every passing day.

stubru59
19-01-2011, 04:44 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Miller - out of work at the moment and with recent experience of helping a team beat the drop.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it in the short term - longer term though I would wish to avoid going back to the mid 80s.

You mean, do we want the devil or ... ? No thanks.

matty_f
19-01-2011, 04:47 PM
We shouldn't even be considering binning Calderwood at this stage. Certainly not to replace him with Alex Miller!

PatHead
19-01-2011, 04:47 PM
No,no.no. never..............

sahib
19-01-2011, 05:41 PM

I go back in a flash. I would have a lot more sex this time.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 05:42 PM
How can I say this politely...

no thank you

corbyalex
19-01-2011, 05:49 PM
quick easy answer to that NO

:flag:

PISTOL1875
19-01-2011, 05:51 PM
We shouldn't even be considering binning Calderwood at this stage. Certainly not to replace him with Alex Miller!

Spot on Matty.. I wish people would just give CC a chance..

Toaods
19-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I doubt Alex Miller would want to wreck his CV by coming here.

scott7_0(Prague)
19-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I spoke to him just after Yogi got the bullet and he his answer was "I thought about it for 10seconds, that was it":agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Once was enough! :rolleyes: 10 friggin seasons I had to suffer under that tube!

rj hibs
19-01-2011, 06:32 PM
No!no!no!

jdships
19-01-2011, 07:01 PM

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Are we looking for the best option to hurl abuse at?

:faf::faf::top marks

Gala Foxes
19-01-2011, 07:21 PM
we need a couple of good model professionals to bring on the youngsters - like when we had Sauzee / Jack / Mixu in the side.

Think that we have been missing this for the last 6/7 years hence the bad attitude, lack of spirit , indiscipline

jdships
19-01-2011, 07:38 PM
we need a couple of good model professionals to bring on the youngsters - like when we had Sauzee / Jack / Mixu in the side.

Think that we have been missing this for the last 6/7 years hence the bad attitude, lack of spirit , indiscipline

Try very hard not to criticise any of our managers
Purely and simply because it is a job I wouldn't tackle for any amount of money therefore not right for me to slag them off :greengrin
However I have said for the past 5/6 years exactly what you have wtitten.above
Spoken with a few old players , from different clubs, and interestingly they share our thought's
Can we hope something along these lines might happen between now and the 31st ?
Problem is who is available that wants to play in the SPL ? :greengrin:wink:

Steve-O
20-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Are we looking for the best option to hurl abuse at?

"MILLER MUST GO, HELLO, HELLO" has a much better ring to it than "CALDERWOOD MUST GO..." :agree:

lord bunberry
20-01-2011, 07:05 AM
I would rather we had mick the miller

heretoday
20-01-2011, 08:01 AM
I thought Alex now lived in a cave in Upper Tibet.

The Horror.....The Horror! :greengrin

Killiehibbie
20-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Why stop there just turn the clock back and have pitched battles, bananas thrown at players, monkey chants and all the other bad things from that era, of which he was about the worst.

sesoim
20-01-2011, 01:32 PM

His record as a manager is already in tatters. You can't even give him credit for being an assistant with a successful team because plenty of assistants go on to be useless mangers, as Miller has been at most clubs since the mid 90s.

Calderwood kind of reminds me of him. Same kind of interview "skills", slow to sign players, his teams struggled to score goals, does nothing to excite or inspire, etc.

sixtwo
20-01-2011, 09:34 PM
pretty sure he coached a liverpool side that won the european cup. He experienced many seasons at the top end of the EPL working with top class players. pitting his wits against some of footballs greatest teams in england and in europe.

Still some think he is not hibs class!:greengrin

He has managed us in the past, won our first cup in years after one of the worst periods in our clubs history when we could have been bought over by a fat tory *******!

I'd welcome him back. I watched us regularly during his first reign. Fair enough, it wasn't pretty but we had limited resources then and i can never really remember us flirting with relegation!

BigKev
20-01-2011, 10:02 PM
pretty sure he coached a liverpool side that won the european cup. He experienced many seasons at the top end of the EPL working with top class players. pitting his wits against some of footballs greatest teams in england and in europe.

Still some think he is not hibs class!:greengrin

He has managed us in the past, won our first cup in years after one of the worst periods in our clubs history when we could have been bought over by a fat tory *******!

I'd welcome him back. I watched us regularly during his first reign. Fair enough, it wasn't pretty but we had limited resources then and i can never really remember us flirting with relegation!

He also had the worst derby record as manager at any time in our history. He produced one or two decent squads then forced them to play a horrific style of football.

Bad times ; Miller at Hibs, the tories, schools on strike. Awful.

Jamesie
20-01-2011, 10:03 PM
i can never really remember us flirting with relegation!

We finished second bottom in season 1990-91 (six points above St Mirren albeit when it was two points for a win) although there was no relegation that year due to reconstruction.

A few months after he departed we found ourselves in a relegation playoff albeit I'll blame Duff Jim for that one.

Jonnyboy
20-01-2011, 10:06 PM
God forbid :bitchy:

GreenCastle
20-01-2011, 10:06 PM
He also ruined many youngsters careers :rolleyes:

Bishop Hibee
20-01-2011, 10:10 PM

:faf: At least this thread has made me realise things could be worse!

If he came back at least it would stop me going to Hibs games and the suffering they cause.

tooley
20-01-2011, 10:13 PM
n o

One Day Soon
20-01-2011, 10:16 PM
I remember Alex Miller and Hibs in the 80's. I was there. All the time.

I, it's, um, I just, well......

Is that the time? I have to go to the......thing, and um get the stuff sorted that needs to be completed. Sorry. Maybe see you later once I'm finished with the, er, stuff.

Please don't call me again - ever.

spike220
21-01-2011, 05:59 AM
No:fuming:

brog
21-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Ah, the halcyon days of 10 men back defending corners, Greg Miller running about like a headless chicken up front & Mogadon giving his illuminating interviews, " I think wir boys done ok the day ". Why on earth would we not want more of that??

poolman
21-01-2011, 03:20 PM
The threads on here get more ridiculous every passing day.

:agree: It's not even April the 1st yet

Hibee Daz
21-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Admin, please I implore you to bin this nonsensical thread and all the others calling for CC's head.

It's about time folk got behind our manager and remember he can only piss with the cock he's got. CC has signed one new player hopefully at least another couple will follow soon to give us fresh impetus.
For the life of me I cannot fathom out why folk are so eager to bin the man, before he's had chance to change our lack luster personnel and shape his own team.
IF our board back him in this window, I'm 100% confident he'll save us from the drop.

persevere1875
21-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I remember Alex Miller and Hibs in the 80's. I was there. All the time.

I, it's, um, I just, well......

Is that the time? I have to go to the......thing, and um get the stuff sorted that needs to be completed. Sorry. Maybe see you later once I'm finished with the, er, stuff.

Please don't call me again - ever.

:faf::faf: It sure was a painful time, Tell you what this early release into the community has a lot to answer for, Miller back at Hibs dreary dreary me...

Franck Stanton
21-01-2011, 04:35 PM

Correct, give CC time ffs, and as for Alex Miller - talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire, NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS would I want him back at E/R. He comes and I [ like many others I believe] leave.