PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices last night

millarco
19-01-2011, 03:17 PM
A minor complaint from last night in the grand scheme of things but was a bit disappointed that there were no student concessions last night. Only found out at the turnstile that I'd have to pay £15 instead of £10, fantastic value for money. I had it in my mind that ticket arrangements would be the same for a replay as it was for the initial cup tie under SFA ruling, but couldn't find anything on their website. Have I just made this up?

Cocaine&Caviar
19-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Same here.

hibsboy90
19-01-2011, 03:25 PM
It's upto the individual clubs as far as I'm aware, each club decides what constitutes a concession. It's a bug bear of mine, why should an Ayr, Rangers, Celtic, St Johnstone fan come to ER and get the student discount, yet when we go to their patch, we don't get the discount.

Dundee United as well, only student concessions in the rubbish bit of the away section, child concessions are available in the better seats for an extra few quid, but not students.

I'm anticipating the "pay some tax" and "do some work" brigade, but as it stands I wouldn't be able to afford my ST paying full price, or go to as many away matches.

I think that the SPL should make sure that student prices are reciprocal between clubs.

Worst example was a friend of mine visiting Stirling Albion with Dunfermline, student discount only available iof you went to Stirling Uni.

MacBean
19-01-2011, 03:26 PM
It's upto the individual clubs as far as I'm aware, each club decides what constitutes a concession. It's a bug bear of mine, why should an Ayr, Rangers, Celtic, St Johnstone fan come to ER and get the student discount, yet when we go to their patch, we don't get the discount.

Dundee United as well, only student concessions in the rubbish bit of the away section, child concessions are available in the better seats for an extra few quid, but not students.

I'm anticipating the "pay some tax" and "do some work" brigade, but as it stands I wouldn't be able to afford my ST paying full price, or go to as many away matches.

I think that the SPL should make sure that student prices are reciprocal between clubs.

Worst example was a friend of mine visiting Stirling Albion with Dunfermline, student discount only available iof you went to Stirling Uni.

What about those that do both :wink:

I work full time but study a diploma at the same time :dunno:

CB_NO3
19-01-2011, 03:28 PM
I got in for a tenner with a student card.

Deek01
19-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I asked for a concession to be told "you can't get concessions"

Hermit Crab
19-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Can i ask why students should get a discount ? :confused: :dunno:

Diclonius
19-01-2011, 05:03 PM
I just gave em a tenner and was in, no questions asked. Helps when you look like you're about 17. :cool2:

Keith_M
19-01-2011, 05:12 PM

Because they're so used to sponging off tax-payers instead of getting a proper job that they wouldn't turn up otherwise...

(Signed, Daily Mail Reader)

:greengrin

hibsboy90
19-01-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm in no mood to get into a debate about this, but I'm pretty sure the reasoning is that most students wouldn't be able to afford full prices as the vast majority don't work full time due to studies, and as such don't have a huge amount of money to spend.

The clubs would rather that they got some money from students than none since they couldnt afford it.

Hibercelona
19-01-2011, 06:02 PM

The same reason OAP's do.

Majority of full time students aren't able to take up work. Just like most OAP's arent able to take up work.

I think its pretty fair tbh.

Hermit Crab
19-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm in no mood to get into a debate about this, but I'm pretty sure the reasoning is that most students wouldn't be able to afford full prices as the vast majority don't work full time due to studies, and as such don't have a huge amount of money to spend.

The clubs would rather that they got some money from students than none since they couldnt afford it.

Ok seems resonable :agree:. Its just there seems to be a general attitude amongst students that they expect a discount wherever they go and take the huff if they dont get one. Out of interest did you get a student discount on the mode of transport you used to get to the game? :wink:

millarco
19-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Ok seems resonable :agree:. Its just there seems to be a general attitude amongst students that they expect a discount wherever they go and take the huff if they dont get one. Out of interest did you get a student discount on the mode of transport you used to get to the game? :wink:

Apologies if that was the attitude suggested from my OP, I certainly wouldn't describe myself as expecting it wherever I go but it's a bit annoying getting it at Easter Road and other places but not at the likes of Somerset. And although not strictly a student discount, I was able to get money off with my young persons railcard yesterday, nice wee 33% discount.

Hermit Crab
19-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Apologies if that was the attitude suggested from my OP, I certainly wouldn't describe myself as expecting it wherever I go but it's a bit annoying getting it at Easter Road and other places but not at the likes of Somerset. And although not strictly a student discount, I was able to get money off with my young persons railcard yesterday, nice wee 33% discount.

No that wasnt the attitude suggested by the OP i was just enquiring :greengrin. Ah yes the Y-P railcard discount. £26 for a year. A third of rail travel.

millarco
19-01-2011, 06:54 PM
No that wasnt the attitude suggested by the OP i was just enquiring :greengrin. Ah yes the Y-P railcard discount. £26 for a year. A third of rail travel.

Yep, worth it with the savings from going to Edinburgh twice a month as well as the away games. Last few months of student ticket prices though, better make the most of it whilst I can.