PDA

View Full Version : The coaching and scouting structure of Hibernian FC

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Can someone please post the clubs coaching structure from 1st team down to youth teams on here please plus how many scouts we have and where they are based.

Thanks in advance

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Position Staff
Manager Colin Calderwood
Assistant Manager Derek Adams
Reserve Team Coach Gareth Evans
Goalkeeping Coach Scott Thomson
Physio Colin McLelland
Masseur Roddy Pitt
Youth Coach Alistair Stevenson (u19's)
Youth Coach James McDonaugh (u19's)
Youth Academy Manager Bill Hendry

Taken from Wikepedia - what about below this and scouts etc ?

HibeeSince85
19-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Position Staff
Manager Colin Calderwood
Assistant Manager Derek Adams
Reserve Team Coach Gareth Evans
Goalkeeping Coach Scott Thomson
Physio Colin McLelland
Masseur Roddy Pitt
Youth Coach Alistair Stevenson (u19's)
Youth Coach James McDonaugh (u19's)
Youth Academy Manager Bill Hendry

Taken from Wikepedia - what about below this and scouts etc ?

I'd guess that there are a fair number of guys who scout for us that arn't solely employed by hibs, freelance etc if you get what i mean.

What we do seem to miss is someone like John Park who oversees this, also since we don't have a reserve team I think Evans works mostly with the seniors with Stevenson dividing his time between the young lads and the shambles that is our first team

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 03:26 PM
I'd guess that there are a fair number of guys who scout for us that arn't solely employed by hibs, freelance etc if you get what i mean.

What we do seem to miss is someone like John Park who oversees this, also since we don't have a reserve team I think Evans works mostly with the seniors with Stevenson dividing his time between the young lads and the shambles that is our first team

There are people on here who have players in the system so surely someone must know more ?

I know scouting within most clubs have your freelance type people but there is usually a chief scout who keeps tabs on the players being looked at etc.

Let's not get confused by scouts Vs agents here either.

HibeeSince85
19-01-2011, 03:31 PM
There are people on here who have players in the system so surely someone must know more ?

I know scouting within most clubs have your freelance type people but there is usually a chief scout who keeps tabs on the players being looked at etc.

Let's not get confused by scouts Vs agents here either.

Who's confused? I never mentioned agents.

Like I said it's the role that John Park used to do that Ithink we're missing

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Who's confused? I never mentioned agents.

Like I said it's the role that John Park used to do that Ithink we're missing

Sorry I wasn't having a direct go at you I was just stating that there are agents who offer teams players - from youth to senior and there are scouts who actively go out and recommend players for clubs to sign. :greengrin

Regarding Park - I am interested to know if someone came in to do his job - Hendry ?

ScottB
19-01-2011, 03:38 PM
I'd be asking big questions of the coaching staff, since they are the constant in a team that can barely string two bloody passes together!

chrisski33
19-01-2011, 03:41 PM
was evans here when yogi was? surely questions need to be asked of the coaching staff as well as cc because its obvious what they are coaching them aint working!

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 03:44 PM
What age do players come under the Hibernian umbrella ?

Playing other youth teams etc and part of the ladder to be a pro at Hibs ?

HibeeSince85
19-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Sorry I wasn't having a direct go at you I was just stating that there are agents who offer teams players - from youth to senior and there are scouts who actively go out and recommend players for clubs to sign. :greengrin

Regarding Park - I am interested to know if someone came in to do his job - Hendry ?

I'ts fine mate, didn't mean to snap back, I blame Hibs for my mood today:greengrin

Hendry certainly took over the youth directive but Park always seemed to have a role in the signings aswell, almost in that cheif scout role, I'm here to be shot down on that one if i'm wrong.
Valid point you bring up though, the signings lately by and large have been pish, who does the homework.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Anyone care to shed any info ?

ronaldo7
19-01-2011, 06:01 PM
What age do players come under the Hibernian umbrella ?

Playing other youth teams etc and part of the ladder to be a pro at Hibs ?

We have teams at 10's at EM. The coaches used to put their time in for nowt until Collins time at ER. They are a committed bunch of guys and have all done their badges with the SFA.

A certain tourny in Italy was won on a couple of years running IIRC.:wink:

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 06:08 PM
We have teams at 10's at EM. The coaches used to put their time in for nowt until Collins time at ER. They are a committed bunch of guys and have all done their badges with the SFA.

A certain tourny in Italy was won on a couple of years running IIRC.:wink:

So u10's upwards are under Hibs umbrella ?

Do they train at East Mains during the week ?

I would expect the minimum that the coaches have qualifications :agree:

Winston Ingram
19-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Just to clarify...

Alistair Stevenson has **** all to do with the youth structure. He is now part of CC's backroom staff and has been pretty much since CC arrived.

James McDonough runs the 19's and has done since the last qtr of 2010.

Doing a good job as well if you look at the results he's picked up. Sundays win at the PBS for example:not worth

ronaldo7
19-01-2011, 06:27 PM
So u10's upwards are under Hibs umbrella ? Yes

Do they train at East Mains during the week ? Yes

I would expect the minimum that the coaches have qualifications :agree:

Hibs have had teams in Liverpool, Blackburn, Newcastle, and many more places(Italy) taking on their teams in bounce games and tournies. The amount of effort going into the coaching of our boys is enormous. Our coaches put in a shift and a half for us...the fans:aok:

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Hibs have had teams in Liverpool, Blackburn, Newcastle, and many more places(Italy) taking on their teams in bounce games and tournies. The amount of effort going into the coaching of our boys is enormous. Our coaches put in a shift and a half for us...the fans:aok:

Good to hear.

Not doubting the commitment - was seriously just curious to the structure and who the main contact is for these youth teams.

Any idea how many times the different age groups train a week ?

ronaldo7
19-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Good to hear.

Not doubting the commitment - was seriously just curious to the structure and who the main contact is for these youth teams.

Any idea how many times the different age groups train a week ?

You got a laddie wanting a game like?

Have a look here. http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Academy/0,,10290,00.html

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 06:49 PM
You got a laddie wanting a game like?

No - but I am just curious to compare to other clubs around the UK how Hibs operate their youth set up.

What systems the teams play etc.

Do we have a club wide philosophy how we are going to play ?

ronaldo7
19-01-2011, 07:01 PM
No - but I am just curious to compare to other clubs around the UK how Hibs operate their youth set up.

What systems the teams play etc.

Do we have a club wide philosophy how we are going to play ?

Fair do's mate. I'll send you a pm.:aok:

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Fair do's mate. I'll send you a pm.:aok:

Thank you :agree:

half.time.draw.
19-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Hibs may have under 10, but you dont play in the PRO Youth League untill under 11's
My boy is with Dunfermline, and all league fixtures start at that age, under 10's do play friendly's though.

1875 NO 1
19-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Can someone please post the clubs coaching structure from 1st team down to youth teams on here please plus how many scouts we have and where they are based.

Thanks in advance
According to Petrie's statement we have a scouting co-ordinator. The story is he was recruited by Scott Lyndsay and has a connection to Killie. Can't find an record of him doing anything in Fitba. Can anybody confirm if he is Scott Lyndsay's brother in law? Or what he has achieved in fitba?

Big clubs have some strong experienced figure managing the football dept. We need something done to stop us stop us signing dross constantly.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 10:17 PM
According to Petrie's statement we have a scouting co-ordinator. The story is he was recruited by Scott Lyndsay and has a connection to Killie. Can't find an record of him doing anything in Fitba. Can anybody confirm if he is Scott Lyndsay's brother in law? Or what he has achieved in fitba?

Big clubs have some strong experienced figure managing the football dept. We need something done to stop us stop us signing dross constantly.

Do we have a name for the Scouting co-ordinator ?

Is this the Chief scout ?

PaulSmith
19-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Hidden in another thread and in the Chairman's statement.

Does anyone have a name for this as it would appear that he has a massive role to play in the club over the next 6 months

krobertson12
19-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Hibs may have under 10, but you dont play in the PRO Youth League untill under 11's
My boy is with Dunfermline, and all league fixtures start at that age, under 10's do play friendly's though.

From my involvement with youth football, there is actually no league before the 19's. the under 17's and below play against other teams in scotland ie your hearts, livingstone, dundee's, rangers and celtics. there is no league set up for these teams just SFA organized games, playing each team home and away over the year.

jdships
19-01-2011, 11:40 PM

Well said :thumbsup:
I can vouch for that being FACT :agree:
::top marks