PDA

View Full Version : Can you see Zemmama returning to form?

Stevie G
19-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I appreciate the wee man has had a lengthy lay off and it does take a while for any player to become 'match fit' - especially half way through the season. However, last night was the first time I have seen Zuma in action since his return and I have to say, I have my doubts.
His distribution wasn't too bad, but his poise and turns look laboured and wasn't able to beat a man. What do you think?

ancient hibee
19-01-2011, 02:52 PM
When he was playing regularly I thought he was effective in about 1 game in 3 -though usually entertaining in them all.Don't think he will regain fitness this season and if he does play it must be out wide as he is a complete liability in the middle of the park.

fatbloke
19-01-2011, 02:52 PM
I appreciate the wee man has had a lengthy lay off and it does take a while for any player to become 'match fit' - especially half way through the season. However, last night was the first time I have seen Zuma in action since his return and I have to say, I have my doubts.
His distribution wasn't too bad, but his poise and turns look laboured and wasn't able to beat a man. What do you think?

Sorry I have never been convinced by Zemmama.

Andy74
19-01-2011, 02:59 PM
He's still weeks away from being match fit. He might be able to run about but his touch and passing are miles away.

I'd have expected him to place a number of weeks of bounce games before coming back in though they aren't as competitive. The reserve league is a miss.

JimBHibees
19-01-2011, 03:11 PM
He's still weeks away from being match fit. He might be able to run about but his touch and passing are miles away.

I'd have expected him to place a number of weeks of bounce games before coming back in though they aren't as competitive. The reserve league is a miss.

Yep he needs game time and some improvement in his general fitness which better weather should improve on also. He has returned from a serious injury and it will take time to get up to speed. Personally think he is more suited to playing wide right rather than through the middle also.

PatHead
19-01-2011, 05:43 PM
No

cad
19-01-2011, 06:09 PM
No where near ready for 1st team football IMO

NeilOrrSquareBa
19-01-2011, 06:29 PM
It would help if he was played in a postion where he might prove effective. Picking the ball up deep and then either trying to spray passed to our wide (ha ha ) players or run through the whole effin team is not his forte.
Had he been deployed in the box just off Nish and Riorden he could use his close control and trickery to prise open defences and or play in other Hibs players.
Dhuh!:rolleyes:

Franck Stanton
19-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Of course he will, just you watch him next season - he will be outstanding . Not for us, but for whoever he moves to will certainly have a great player.

SloopJB
19-01-2011, 06:34 PM
He seems to be performaing at least as well as the rest of the team.