PDA

View Full Version : Stats

BroxburnHibee
19-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Where we really that bad last night?

I'm as gutted as the rest of us but I did feel we were unlucky.

Look at the stats..............

Possession
Ayr 37% Hibernian 63%

Attempts on target
Ayr 5 Hibernian 13

Attempts off target
Ayr 3 Hibernian 7

Corners
Ayr 3 Hibernian 10

Fouls
Ayr 4 Hibernian 16

Now I know stats don't tell all the story but I do believe we have played a lot worse than that.

We are getting no luck whatsoever - none.

Hibercelona
19-01-2011, 01:41 PM

Possession
Ayr 37% Hibernian 63%

Attempts on target
Ayr 5 Hibernian 13

Attempts off target
Ayr 3 Hibernian 7

Corners
Ayr 3 Hibernian 10

Fouls
Ayr 4 Hibernian 16

Now I know stats don't tell all the story but I do believe we have played a lot worse than that.

At the end of the day... If we defended when we should have and scored when we should have, we would have won.

I don't believe in bad luck when it comes to football.

Delboy*
19-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Ayr 1 - 0 Hibs

Only stat that counts

Yes we were that bad and do we really need luck to beat second division?

ancient hibee
19-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Rankine-missed sitter

McBride-missed sitter

Goal-wouldn't have been conceded in an under 8s game.

No bad luck -just a poor team.

sunshine1875
19-01-2011, 02:01 PM

Possession
Ayr 37% Hibernian 63%

Attempts on target
Ayr 5 Hibernian 13

Attempts off target
Ayr 3 Hibernian 7

Corners
Ayr 3 Hibernian 10

Fouls
Ayr 4 Hibernian 16

We were playing a 2nd division team and can you name one opportunity that came from a good move by Hibs. The only one that I could think of was the Rankin chance - apart from that most came from Ayr mistakes or a hopeful punt into the box. Not good enough!

The non-Hibs supporters that I have spoken today were shocked by the lack of pace & movement in our team. A 2nd division team had more movement:confused:

fatbloke
19-01-2011, 02:03 PM
We were playing a 2nd division team and can you name one opportunity that came from a good move by Hibs. The only one that I could think of was the Rankin chance - apart from that most came from Ayr mistakes or a hopeful punt into the box. Not good enough!

The non-Hibs supporters that I have spoken today were shocked by the lack of pace & movement in our team. A 2nd division team had more movement:confused:

:top marks

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 02:22 PM

Possession
Ayr 37% Hibernian 63%

Attempts on target
Ayr 5 Hibernian 13

Attempts off target
Ayr 3 Hibernian 7

Corners
Ayr 3 Hibernian 10

Fouls
Ayr 4 Hibernian 16

Luck is a weak argument - if you are a good enough team you create the chances to win a game.

We have been poor for months - well since Nov 2009.

The Ayr team were doing their day jobs yesterday and then played and beat us last night looking the fitter side.

Hibercelona
19-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Luck is a weak argument - if you are a good enough team you create the chances to win a game.

The Ayr team were doing their day jobs yesterday and then played and beat us last night looking the fitter side.

Thats because their players are fitter than ours. They have players that work hard on and off the pitch.

We have players that play when they "have to".... and they do f'all every other day of the week.

At least, thats what I think....

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 02:28 PM
I'd expect us to have most of the game against a 2nd division side, what i dont expect is to lose to them.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Remember last night was a replay.

We didn't score against them in 180 plus minutes :grr:

TornadoHibby
19-01-2011, 02:44 PM

It's been a very long footballing year indeed too! :cool2:

greenlex
19-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Yup the stats back up Calderwoods comments regards chances but as said above the one that counts has us out the cup again.

soproni1
19-01-2011, 02:51 PM

This was once our best quality - always players asking for the ball, and, more importantly, in positions to receive it. Some of them - Antonio Murray for example - being of lesser quality than say Liam Miller or Derek Riordan.

Only time I can remember a decent short pass was when Zemmama came on and made a couple happen by running with the ball 1st - surely it should be the opposite.

It is sad times when the above quote is 100% true

Baldy Foghorn
19-01-2011, 03:08 PM
I'd expect us to have most of the game against a 2nd division side, what i dont expect is to lose to them.

:agree::agree:

To play 180 minutes of football against a second division side and not score is an even more telling stat....

Wotherspiniesta
19-01-2011, 03:10 PM
In hindsight, we were unlucky.

Look at the chances we had. Rankin 1 on 1. McBride from a hard angle then Riordan on the follow up. Hanlon header in the 1st half. Hanlon header off the line. Riordan when the keeper made a good save. Miller shot that was going in deflected just wide. Miller header forced a good save. Duffy was brought down when through on goal. Wotherspoon just wide.

We should have put away at least one of these chances though.

It just wasn't to be. Typical of our history in this cup. :grr:

marinello59
19-01-2011, 03:15 PM
We were very unlucky.:agree:
Unlucky that our passing was woeful.
Unlucky that our movement off the ball was totally inadequate.
Unlucky that the decisions made by players turned out to be the wrong ones.
And unlucky that we had no natural leaders on the pitch.
It just wasn't our night really.

Hibercelona
19-01-2011, 03:21 PM
We were very unlucky.:agree:
Unlucky that our passing was woeful.
Unlucky that our movement off the ball was totally inadequate.
Unlucky that the decisions made by players turned out to be the wrong ones.
And unlucky that we had no natural leaders on the pitch.
It just wasn't our night really.

"Unlucky" is just a word that losers say to avoid admitting they're crap.

If our players came out and said, we're just "unlucky". I'd be fumming. :agree:

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 03:24 PM

:agree:

Losers mentality :agree:

Wotherspiniesta
19-01-2011, 03:37 PM

While I agree with the sentiment there is luck involved in football. I remember a few seasons ago when Sunderland went down. They had the lowest number of points in PL history. They were awful. But one game they conceded 3 own goals. When you're down the bottom, and low on confidence that sort of thing happens to you.

They are crap, and they have been crap for a long time now. Most games that we've played recently have been nothing to do with luck. Just that we've been playing awfully. But last night, we were a bit unlucky IMHO.

500miles
19-01-2011, 04:37 PM

Therefore "Luck" must be something that winners say to maintain modesty. So we weren't lucky at the start of last season. We were just good. So how come we're so pish now?

500miles
19-01-2011, 04:39 PM
By the way, I do believe, from what I watched last night, that we were unlucky, but still didn't do ourselves any favours. The manager sent out a team lucking hunger and purpose. The big players showed no desire, or teamwork.

If we had corrected either of those, we would have overcome any bad luck.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 04:42 PM
You could argue luck in a one off case.

But when we have been poor since NOV 2009 - that ain't luck - that's us consistently being poor.

Wotherspiniesta
19-01-2011, 04:44 PM
You could argue luck in a one off case.

But when we have been poor since NOV 2009 - that ain't luck - that's us consistently being poor.

No. We've not.

Hibercelona
19-01-2011, 04:53 PM
But one game they conceded 3 own goals. When you're down the bottom, and low on confidence that sort of thing happens to you.

Exactly. They were "low on confidence". They weren't "Unlucky".

When you go on a losing streak its only natural that you start blaming "bad luck". But "bad luck" is just a myth and if you start to believe in it, things start going wrong because you've convinced yourself that you're "Unlucky".

And the exact opposite happens when you go on a winning streak. You start believing in "good fortune" and because of that, you start picking up momentum and start playing more positively which then leads to more wins.

Therefore "Luck" must be something that winners say to maintain modesty. So we weren't lucky at the start of last season. We were just good. So how come we're so pish now?

Winners certainly do have a "go lucky" attitude. And thats what seperates the winners from the losers. :agree:

spike220
20-01-2011, 06:20 AM
:agree:

Losers mentality :agree:

That reminds me of my Favourite Sean Connery Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-pIwA-E-UY

Septimus
20-01-2011, 06:55 AM
The most important statistic was that when a Hibs player had the ball there were three, four or even five Ayr players shutting him down. That is called will to win and it is something sadly lacking in out team at the moment.