PDA

View Full Version : My open letter to the Hibs Board, faxed today.

persevere1875
19-01-2011, 01:27 PM
To the Board of Directors.
Hibernian Football Club

Dear Sirs.

Whilst I am fully aware that you may well have been inundated today by letters, faxes etc from the loyal support of Hibernian Football Club.

I would humbly ask that you take a moment to read this letter and digest it comments.

As a Forty Two year old Hibs supporter, who has had the pleasure of following this great club almost all of my life, I am all to aware of the ups and downs of a football club, there have been times when things are going well and the supporters have nothing but pride in the club, There have been times when as supporters we have felt the end was nigh and have taken to the streets and media to protest against others attempts to extinguish our proud club. There have been times when things have been tough and many supporters have shown there disdain for the way things are going by not paying there money at the turnstiles and not following the club except from the comfort of there armchairs on match days.

As a Hibs supporter, I am only too aware of how far we as a club have come from the dark days of the attempted Mercer takeover and have nothing but praise for the job which the past and present members of the board have done to put our club on a firm financial footing and for the shrewd investment in the infrastructure which can and will bring our club forward in the future.

I am of the belief that the board of Hibernian Football Club have nothing but the best intentions for our club, no matter what the present circumstances on the pitch may appear to a large section of our support. It is with this belief that I have written this letter today and would humbly request that a representative from the board take the time to do the following.

Take some time out and no matter what your preconceived ideas are, log into the Hibernian fans forums, Hibs.net and the Hibees bounce, log in and take the time to peruse the current posts on display, only by doing this will the full force of the displeasure of the Hibs support strike home. Do this with an open mind, do this well aware that there extremes in any support, that not everyone will agree on where the problem lies or where the answers can be sought from. What will I trust become abundantly obvious is that the faithful and loyal Hibs Support, the same Support who pay there money week in, week out, the same support who spend in the club shop, buy season tickets, pay at the turnstiles if there not a season ticket holder, spend money with Hibs TV, bring the future generation into the world and into the Hibernian family, have in many ways reached a tipping point.

There are grumblings of protests, there are calls for heads to roll but what the overwhelming desire is from the Hibs Support is a statement of direction from the people in control of OUR football club. I firmly believe that if someone from the Hibs board of directors takes the time to peruse these forums, report back to the rest of the board his findings and someone, somewhere from within the club takes the time to post an open letter from the board on to these forums for all fans to read, something with some depth to it and some honest and refreshing opinions, there will be no need for the dirty washing of our club to be displayed in public for the whole of the footballing world to see.

I strongly believe that failure to publicly address the current feelings of the Hibs support in one form or another can only lead to staged protests on match days for all the world to see and bring the good name of Hibernian Football Club into disrepute. Further hindering the successful conclusion of potential signings for the playing staff and tarnishing the progress and reputation we as a club have made.

Should any member of the board feel the need or desire to reply to this email and wish that reply to be made public, I will as I have with this letter post it on Hibs.Net

Yours truly,

RickyS
19-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Hibernian Football Club

Dear Sirs.

Whilst I am fully aware that you may well have been inundated today by letters, faxes etc from the loyal support of Hibernian Football Club.

I would humbly ask that you take a moment to read this letter and digest it comments.

As a Forty Two year old Hibs supporter, who has had the pleasure of following this great club almost all of my life, I am all to aware of the ups and downs of a football club, there have been times when things are going well and the supporters have nothing but pride in the club, There have been times when as supporters we have felt the end was nigh and have taken to the streets and media to protest against others attempts to extinguish our proud club. There have been times when things have been tough and many supporters have shown there disdain for the way things are going by not paying there money at the turnstiles and not following the club except from the comfort of there armchairs on match days.

As a Hibs supporter, I am only too aware of how far we as a club have come from the dark days of the attempted Mercer takeover and have nothing but praise for the job which the past and present members of the board have done to put our club on a firm financial footing and for the shrewd investment in the infrastructure which can and will bring our club forward in the future.

I am of the belief that the board of Hibernian Football Club have nothing but the best intentions for our club, no matter what the present circumstances on the pitch may appear to a large section of our support. It is with this belief that I have written this letter today and would humbly request that a representative from the board take the time to do the following.

Take some time out and no matter what your preconceived ideas are, log into the Hibernian fans forums, Hibs.net and the Hibees bounce, log in and take the time to peruse the current posts on display, only by doing this will the full force of the displeasure of the Hibs support strike home. Do this with an open mind, do this well aware that there extremes in any support, that not everyone will agree on where the problem lies or where the answers can be sought from. What will I trust become abundantly obvious is that the faithful and loyal Hibs Support, the same Support who pay there money week in, week out, the same support who spend in the club shop, buy season tickets, pay at the turnstiles if there not a season ticket holder, spend money with Hibs TV, bring the future generation into the world and into the Hibernian family, have in many ways reached a tipping point.

There are grumblings of protests, there are calls for heads to roll but what the overwhelming desire is from the Hibs Support is a statement of direction from the people in control of OUR football club. I firmly believe that if someone from the Hibs board of directors takes the time to peruse these forums, report back to the rest of the board his findings and someone, somewhere from within the club takes the time to post an open letter from the board on to these forums for all fans to read, something with some depth to it and some honest and refreshing opinions, there will be no need for the dirty washing of our club to be displayed in public for the whole of the footballing world to see.

I strongly believe that failure to publicly address the current feelings of the Hibs support in one form or another can only lead to staged protests on match days for all the world to see and bring the good name of Hibernian Football Club into disrepute. Further hindering the successful conclusion of potential signings for the playing staff and tarnishing the progress and reputation we as a club have made.

Should any member of the board feel the need or desire to reply to this email and wish that reply to be made public, I will as I have with this letter post it on Hibs.Net

Yours truly,

well done mate, I hope they take the time to reply to you. I think the board will have someone who views these forums to get a view from the ground, I cant remember Rod ever giving someone a vote of confidence tho? they will stay in the tower hoping it all goes away.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 01:51 PM
well done mate, I hope they take the time to reply to you. I think the board will have someone who views these forums to get a view from the ground, I cant remember Rod ever giving someone a vote of confidence tho? they will stay in the tower hoping it all goes away.

I know for a fact that the board read these forums regularly :agree:

Speedy
19-01-2011, 01:56 PM
I know for a fact that the board read these forums regularly :agree:

Dear Mr Petrie,

HIIIYYYAAAAA! :greengrin

machibby
19-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Good on you. I think you've called it spot on. For the club to use this 'family' thing in it's marketing to us and yet retain this ghostly silence is a complete farce. For the club to not issue a statement of intent on this day, is showing a level of disdain - unintended of course, to fans who do deserve better.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Good on you. I think you've called it spot on. For the club to use this 'family' thing in it's marketing to us and yet retain this ghostly silence is a complete farce. For the club to not issue a statement of intent on this day, is showing a level of disdain - unintended of course, to fans who do deserve better.

Together we are stronger - that's the emails I keep getting sent.

Well right now it's a one way relationship :greengrin

persevere1875
19-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Hibernian Football Club

Dear Sirs.

Yours truly,

To the Board of Hibernian FC, thanks for having the courage to talk the talk, now lets walk the walk :wink:

sunshine1875
19-01-2011, 04:57 PM
To the Board of Hibernian FC, thanks for having the courage to talk the talk, now lets walk the walk :wink:

:agree: :applause: :pray:

Ernie Cobra
19-01-2011, 09:24 PM
To the board, i and my every generation of my family since the clubs inception have follwed you through thick and thin. I have also baptised my children into the Hibernian faith. I now think given our current plight they would bear less abrasive mental scarring had i left them in the care of the sisters of mercy in the catholic church.

I am fast becoming so disinterested in all things Hibs it is frightening......how many more are like me.......can you afford it?