PDA

View Full Version : These Ones are Small Those Ones are Far Away

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 01:54 PM
http://intepid.com/res/417.gif

I'm all for people expressing opionions. Few would argue that things are just awful at Hibs just now.

Is it too much to ask though, that people stop expressing their opinions as facts. The fact is we are still in the SPL and have a good chance of getting the points we need to get to safety.

I am sick of reading stuff like "doomed", "worst team ever", "rock bottom" etc. We are a long way from that.

Hibercelona
19-01-2011, 02:03 PM

I'm all for people expressing opionions. Few would argue that things are just awful at Hibs just now.

Is it too much to ask though, that people stop expressing their opinions as facts. The fact is we are still in the SPL and have a good chance of getting the points we need to get to safety.

I am sick of reading stuff like "doomed", "worst team ever", "rock bottom" etc. We are a long way from that.

I agree with you that we need to stop expressing our opinions as facts on here.

But opinions are opinions. When negative things are going on with the club, its only natural that fans express negative opinions.

I know some members get sick and tired of hearing the same depressing drivel over and over again. But fact of the matter is, its a depressing time at the moment.

Nothing seems to be going right at this current time and you can't help but wonder why things are going so wrong at the moment.

If our performances and results keep going the way they are going then you can expect a lot more negative comments and finger pointing.

But its only because we care that much and want to know what an earth is going on.

Hibbyradge
19-01-2011, 02:05 PM
I'd like to know which site your clever little graphic came from.

FACT.

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 02:11 PM
I'd like to know which site your clever little graphic came from.

FACT.

Happy to help out Mr Radge. http://intepid.com/?m=200504

Hibs.net is getting more and more like an episode of Father Ted every day. In the spirit of unity, can I suggest that those wanting to protest follow this approach?

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2010/1/31/22/down-with-this-sort-of-thing-a-great-one-from-27160-1264994197-206.jpg

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 02:15 PM

Bottom 4 of the league.

Aberdeen played 20 - 20 points

Hibernian played 20 - 16 points

St Mirren played 20 - 16 points

Hamilton played 19 - 12 points

I wouldn't say we are a long way from it - if Hamilton win their game in hand then they are on 15 points and 1 behind us.

What I struggle to see is the fight you need to stay up - if you saw any of the Hamilton v Celtic game then you can see they have been there before and up for it - fighting for their jobs.

Our players should be doing the same -but know they are off in summer. CC keeps coming out and pretty much saying that without directly slating the squad - which is a risky game.

Yes we have a chance of staying up - but I think it's more that fans are trying to address the situation before it's too late :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Bottom 4 of the league.

Aberdeen played 20 - 20 points

Hibernian played 20 - 16 points

St Mirren played 20 - 16 points

Hamilton played 19 - 12 points

I wouldn't say we are a long way from it - if Hamilton win their game in hand then they are on 15 points and 1 behind us.

What I struggle to see is the fight you need to stay up - if you saw any of the Hamilton v Celtic game then you can see they have been there before and up for it - fighting for their jobs.

Our players should be doing the same -but know they are off in summer. CC keeps coming out and pretty much saying that without directly slating the squad - which is a risky game.

Yes we have a chance of staying up - but I think it's more that fans are trying to address the situation before it's too late :agree:

Right, what can we do to keep the team up?

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2011, 02:24 PM

I'll go halfers with someone to buy Stokes back. Anyone?

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 02:26 PM
I'll go halfers with someone to buy Stokes back. Anyone?

Where's your ambition? Van der Vaart is wanting away from Spurs (FACT).

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 02:27 PM

Good question...

- Keep supporting the team each week - encouragement like last night.

However it's very hard when they don't give much back and it's not value for money right now - no where near.

- Put pressure on CC / board to make them bring players in in areas where we need it.

You can't deny we have big problems - if they were brushed under the carpet I may have to bring this out :ostrich: which we use for our yam friends.

The players and club have to pull out all stops to make sure we don't go down this season or next - especially in this financial climate.

What do you think the solution is ?

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2011, 02:27 PM

Is he of SPL standard though? I don't know if I want to sign up someone with no experience in this league.

sunshine1875
19-01-2011, 02:32 PM

Oh, no. Not another dutch dud.

Hibercelona
19-01-2011, 02:35 PM

He might make it on the bench, but he'll never get a game with the prolific "Liam Miller" in his way...

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 02:38 PM

If he came we would ruin him anyway no doubt :wink:

Anyway Van der Vaart is happy at Spurs :agree:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Rafael-van-der-Vaart-wants-long-Tottenham-stay-after-Real-Madrid-hell-article675473.html

ancient hibee
19-01-2011, 03:05 PM
As he usually covers every blade of grass he would obviously be no good as one of our favoured box to box marauders.

killie-hibby
19-01-2011, 03:06 PM
[QUOT

E=Filled Rolls;2699329]http://intepid.com/res/417.gif

I am sick of reading stuff like "doomed", "worst team ever", "rock bottom" etc. We are a long way from that.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had your optimism. You are correct with the fact of "still in the SPL". From where did you pluck the "good chance of getting the points".
The REAL FACTS are that the EVIDENCE points to a)no chance of getting the points;b)we are doomed; c)we are the worst team ever (certainly in my 52 years of supporting Hibs) d)we are rock bottom.

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Good question...

- Keep supporting the team each week - encouragement like last night.

However it's very hard when they don't give much back and it's not value for money right now - no where near.

- Put pressure on CC / board to make them bring players in in areas where we need it.

You can't deny we have big problems - if they were brushed under the carpet I may have to bring this out :ostrich: which we use for our yam friends.

The players and club have to pull out all stops to make sure we don't go down this season or next - especially in this financial climate.

What do you think the solution is ?

For me the short term solution is close our eyes and hope for the best. I can't see any fix (other than possible signings before the window closes) that will bolster our survival bid.

Longer term, the club has to set out what its ambitions are, ask for a commitment from the fans that will help to deliver it, and have everybody singing from the same hymn sheet.

The other thing I can't get my head around is why we are retaining players who need emptied? I can't see how they are going to risk an injury if they are looking for another club at the end of the season.

I just think that causing further disruption at this time is going to make matters worse. That is said without any real evidence to suggest that things are going to improve.

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 04:29 PM
If he came we would ruin him anyway no doubt :wink:

Anyway Van der Vaart is happy at Spurs :agree:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Rafael-van-der-Vaart-wants-long-Tottenham-stay-after-Real-Madrid-hell-article675473.html

It's just that I saw an interview where he said he lived in a caravan when he was growing up, and I thought that would make us a match made in heaven. :greengrin

Joking apart, some on here were suggesting that our own Dutch Master was a RVdV type player. Maybe a caravan would be the answer there.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 04:32 PM
For me the short term solution is close our eyes and hope for the best. I can't see any fix (other than possible signings before the window closes) that will bolster our survival bid.

Longer term, the club has to set out what its ambitions are, ask for a commitment from the fans that will help to deliver it, and have everybody singing from the same hymn sheet.

The other thing I can't get my head around is why we are retaining players who need emptied? I can't see how they are going to risk an injury if they are looking for another club at the end of the season.

I just think that causing further disruption at this time is going to make matters worse. That is said without any real evidence to suggest that things are going to improve.

I agree with most of that :agree:

I don't think we have to close our eyes and pretend nothing is going wrong and just hope for the best - we are limited to what we can do - but it's healthy to talk about it - make the club know that the customers aren't happy (that applies to the 10 team SPL nonsense also).

Regarding the players - I think it's more a sense of desperation - McBride playing etc - very risky.

Bottom line is the club is so split right now - we have to get back some unity - players / manager / board / fans

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I agree with most of that :agree:

I don't think we have to close our eyes and pretend nothing is going wrong and just hope for the best - we are limited to what we can do - but it's healthy to talk about it - make the club know that the customers aren't happy (that applies to the 10 team SPL nonsense also).

Regarding the players - I think it's more a sense of desperation - McBride playing etc - very risky.

Bottom line is the club is so split right now - we have to get back some unity - players / manager / board / fans

The empty stands surely tell them all they need to know?

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 04:41 PM
The empty stands surely tell them all they need to know?

You would think :agree: