PDA

View Full Version : Can CC survive a defeat on Saturday?

The Sea-gull
19-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Surely not unless it is a defeat where the players have shown a massive change of character and played with some pride.

If the board are going to sack him it has to be before or after Saturday's game so that a new man could come in and spend some money in the transfer window, even on short term signings designed to keep us up.

Even a new manager who is willing to come in until the end of the season with the remit of survival and a review of things for both parties come the end of the season.

matty_f
19-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm all for giving Calderwood more time.

The issue lies with the character of the players he has at his disposal, and I suppose the abilities as well.

If he can't get any players in to help him sort it out, I'd be questioning him or at least looking for an explanation as to why Hibs can't do business in January.

Really, the team needs an overhaul, what's the point in changing manager knowing this is the case, then not giving him the time to do it?

Hibercelona
19-01-2011, 01:09 PM
All I can say is, that if CC does get his jotters soon and we bring in somebody else, I personally don't think that it would make much difference.

Dr Jimmy
19-01-2011, 01:11 PM
I can't see him being sacked, even if we lose the next 5 games. This would be damning on Petrie and the board, not to mention the compensation we would have to pay.
I think he is here for the season at least, hopefully he can get decent players in asap and get things going.

Musselbound
19-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Today is 19 Jan. In recent times Hibs have taken 2-3 weeks to appoint a new manager if my memory serves me well. By then the window will be closed. The biggest nightmare scenario of all is no new players. Who is the manager that's going to turn this around with no new players? Compensation and appointing a new manager will mean less focus on getting new players and less money available for them. We've tried the manager route out. Let's try the new players route and see what happens over the next month or two. Now is definitely not the time for a change even though I'm less than convinced by CC.

francobaresi
19-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Yes he will! We'll get a result on Saturday :wink: & we'll start the healing process. It will be a long hard road but the imposters on the park should now be fully aware that they aint gonna be around much longer. It will be a long hard season to avoid the drop but we will, CC will get some new blood in the team & next season we'll have conveniently forgotten about another dreadful season...

:flag:Wow, think I've even convinced myself there..:flag:

GGTTH

The Sea-gull
19-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Yes he will! We'll get a result on Saturday :wink: & we'll start the healing process. It will be a long hard road but the imposters on the park should now be fully aware that they aint gonna be around much longer. It will be a long hard season to avoid the drop but we will, CC will get some new blood in the team & next season we'll have conveniently forgotten about another dreadful season...

:flag:Wow, think I've even convinced myself there..:flag:

GGTTH

My main concern is that there are too many players at Hibs playing knowing they are unlikely to have a future here next season.

This will mean that they will not care as much and not try as hard in case they get an injury which would prevent them from signing elsewhere. Unless they possess some personal pride and don't want relegation on their C.V.

I know we cannot have a full clear out in January due to the cost of shipping players with contracts out and bringing new ones in but surely it is worth getting rid of some now if possible and making some new signings this month.

Even if it does mean accepting small bids for the likes of Riordan and Miller

JimBHibees
19-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm all for giving Calderwood more time.

The issue lies with the character of the players he has at his disposal, and I suppose the abilities as well.

If he can't get any players in to help him sort it out, I'd be questioning him or at least looking for an explanation as to why Hibs can't do business in January.

Really, the team needs an overhaul, what's the point in changing manager knowing this is the case, then not giving him the time to do it?

Completely this isnt the time to panic that is for sure however he needs 3 or 4 in pronto.