PDA

View Full Version : Sent this to the board, will see if they reply

Leith Green
19-01-2011, 12:38 PM
To whom it may concern.

As a Hibernian supporter of 30 years, I can honestly say that I have never felt so disillusioned, hurt, and let down by my club.
From top to bottom this club is becoming rotton to the core, our board is only interested in the financial side of the club and
it is pretty obvious that they couldn't give a damn about the playing side. This board is also responsible for our quite frankly
shocking recent history of managerial appointments, if it isn't the wrong choice in the first place then the board quickly see to that
with their penny piching ways, either that or they undermine THEIR CHOICE OF MANAGER by meeting up with namby pamby
pathetic excuses for professional football players as they arent interested in having their cosy little routines broken so they can actually
do what they are paid to, all this BEHIND THEIR CHOICE OF MANAGERS BACK, sneaky and pathetic if you ask me.
This board take an unbelievable sum of money from our club anually, it is actually staggering, yet they continue to penny pinch on the playing
side whilst lining their own pockets.It was pretty plain to me 4 years ago when the club was slap bang in the middle of selling our best players that the club had to reinvest a fair
proportion of the incoming transfer fees on players who had the potential to become as good as the players they were replacing, what do the fans and our managers
get instead? Second rate journeymen on the cheap is the answer.

The current bunch of players are a complete embarresment to football in general, how they have the brass neck to pick up their wage is
beyond me, they are heartless, spineless , past caring, buy hey ho if you pay peanuts then monkeys are what you will get.

Stand up and be counted? , don't make me laugh!

Count me out from now on.

Signed

East stand season ticket holder

Bad Martini
19-01-2011, 12:44 PM
To whom it may concern.

As a Hibernian supporter of 30 years, I can honestly say that I have never felt so disillusioned, hurt, and let down by my club.
From top to bottom this club is becoming rotton to the core, our board is only interested in the financial side of the club and
it is pretty obvious that they couldn't give a damn about the playing side. This board is also responsible for our quite frankly
shocking recent history of managerial appointments, if it isn't the wrong choice in the first place then the board quickly see to that
with their penny piching ways, either that or they undermine THEIR CHOICE OF MANAGER by meeting up with namby pamby
pathetic excuses for professional football players as they arent interested in having their cosy little routines broken so they can actually
do what they are paid to, all this BEHIND THEIR CHOICE OF MANAGERS BACK, sneaky and pathetic if you ask me.
This board take an unbelievable sum of money from our club anually, it is actually staggering, yet they continue to penny pinch on the playing
side whilst lining their own pockets.It was pretty plain to me 4 years ago when the club was slap bang in the middle of selling our best players that the club had to reinvest a fair
proportion of the incoming transfer fees on players who had the potential to become as good as the players they were replacing, what do the fans and our managers
get instead? Second rate journeymen on the cheap is the answer.

The current bunch of players are a complete embarresment to football in general, how they have the brass neck to pick up their wage is
beyond me, they are heartless, spineless , past caring, buy hey ho if you pay peanuts then monkeys are what you will get.

Stand up and be counted? , don't make me laugh!

Count me out from now on.

Signed

East stand season ticket holder

Don't expect anything along the lines of a truthful reply to that mate.

They certainly wont turn round and say "our plan of getting rid of almost all our debt and building a great big new stand and training complex" hasn't worked out as we'd have planned.

Whilst on the subject of East Mains, what particular benefit has it given us over say, the previous systems??? Have we won the League??? Looked better on the pitch??? I wonder if we couldn't have spent the money more wisely i.e. ON the pitch???

I fully agree "infrastructure" is good and well serve us well but thus far, I've not seen a new golden generation skipping out the doors of our football factory, manufacturing another set of home grown brilliance.

Hate to say it, but we should've stuck with sheitey cooncil pitches and fired the millions ON to the pitch. Once some success was forthcoming, THEN build a big state of the art training complex.

We have, from our state of the art complex, now got a team who cannot string more than 2 passes together and sometimes cannot even achieve that. A team who have no plan b and a manager who has no idea what his best team is...it apparently "all starts on the training ground" ..... not, on ours.

They probably stand around and admire oor facilities rather than breaking a sweat doon there either. At least they're consistently lazy *******s.

ENDOF

TornadoHibby
19-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Doubt very much if you will get any response to your email mate let alone the one which you may be hoping for! :rolleyes: :cool2:

Speedway
19-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Written from emotion straight after a defeat.

They've got a huge bin in the boardroom for these sorts of things.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Written from emotion straight after a defeat.

They've got a huge bin in the boardroom for these sorts of things.

They might need to get another one?

Storar
19-01-2011, 01:34 PM
To be honest if I recieved that letter I'd put it straight in the bin too

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 01:39 PM

:agree: No point stating theories / conjecture as facts and expecting a reasoned reponse
in return

M11BMO
19-01-2011, 01:53 PM
They might need to get another one?

Or maybe they should just get a skip?

matty_f
19-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Or maybe they should just get a skip?

Doubt they'll be printing them off, to be fair.:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 01:55 PM
The spell checker is an invaluable tool in retaining the reader's respect.

matty_f
19-01-2011, 01:58 PM
The spell checker is an invaluable tool in retaining the readers respect.

As is a grammar checker to ensure that all apostrophes are used appropriately.:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 02:00 PM
As is a grammar checker to ensure that all apostrophes are used appropriately.:greengrin

Yip, that helps as well. :agree:

vahibbie
19-01-2011, 02:07 PM

As the writer will do with Hibernian FC's request to re-new his ST.

Mibbe when enough of them are stuffed in "wheelie bins" round Leith the board will take a bit of notice.

Beefster
19-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Hibs don't respond to anything that could be construed as mildly critical (which in itself is piss-poor customer relations) so I wouldn't hold my breath for a response to the OP. They won't even send an acknowledgement.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-01-2011, 03:50 PM
i think this letter will be filed in the nearest wpb

Baldy Foghorn
19-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Email obviously written whilst OP was raw and hurting, but I would doubt he will gain any reasonable answers, and I would be surprised if it got a reply at all....

steakbake
19-01-2011, 04:09 PM
I wrote to the club after our horrendous cup loss to Hearts (2-1, when Fletch got sent off) because that was the point it became clear that big Mixu had lost the plot.

I got a reply but it was a "Thanks for the email. The board are fully behind our manager and we will be doing whatever we can to support him to bring success to HFC. We understand that you are upset but hopefully the good times will roll once again down ER way".

I reckon they have a template for responses, so used are they of late to responding to furious fans who feel like the club are taking the proverbial.

Even a couple of weeks ago, after the Aberdeen debacle, I found Scott Lindsay was understandably very careful with his choice of words to describe the nature of our defeat. I said something along the lines that it was a poor performance and he said it was a disappointing match.