PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but....

Arch Stanton
19-01-2011, 10:26 AM
.. while I don't usually start new threads I just can't be bothered reading all the drivel that's on the anti-CC threads.

It's hard to fathom that people think a manager would be able to come in and rescue our season - that's just too ridiculous for words.

And people saying that his chopping and changing of teams is evidence of CC's inability to manage??? If CC could field his best team then I'm certain he would love to but unfortunately that animal doesn't exist. He is instead struggling to find his least worst team and the reason for that should be obvious to everyone.

When I was posting last spring that Hughes should go I was lambasted by those saying he had to be given more time. However, the delay means that the mess to be sorted out is that much bigger - massive in fact.

When we played Ross County they looked like a class outfit and we looked like also-rans and that for me is the real measure of what CC took over. What kind of logic makes anyone think we should be heading up the league by now?

The board have not been short changing the fans - the high wages to turnover is evidence of that. They are not to blame for JH wasting their money on stupid signings like Alan Gow and the goalkeepers amongst all the various stupid things he did. I doubt if even football people ken what that was all about.

The fact is this season is a washout and was before CC took over - his priorities therefore must be avoiding relegation and working out how to sort out the squad before next season. That includes who, if any, of the current squad to keep and I have no problem with his varying team selections to work that out.

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 10:33 AM
:agree: . big problem is the list of players needing moved on grows by the week...

For me Smith and Riorden added last night..

Spoony / Hanlon / Booth / Duffy (till end of season) / Dickoh And maybe :rolleyes: if he gets fully fit and back to form Zemamma out of the 14 that were on the pitch last night..the rest.thanks and good bye

Cropley10
19-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Agree with most of this. Hughes should have been sacked after the Ross Co game if not the Motherwell game.

However the Board are of course culpable. Why do we have so many cr@p players? How do you sell quality and replace with dross and not expect the performaces to decline? We've not had a LB since Murph left.

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Agree with most of this. Hughes should have been sacked after the Ross Co game if not the Motherwell game.

However the Board are of course culpable. Why do we have so many cr@p players? How do you sell quality and replace with dross and not expect the performaces to decline? We've not had a LB since Murph left.

I think the answer's in the first paragraph.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 10:45 AM

Just imagine if Calderwood had been in charge longer, amazingly he's actually made us easier to beat. :faf:

Craig_in_Prague
19-01-2011, 10:46 AM
I think the answer's in the first paragraph.

I think a big part of our problem is that we sell all too quickly if money seems decent, without any process or plan to replace the player.

There's plenty clubs, not even big ones, that will sell a player that has serious interest, but often once they've got a replacement either already lined up or signed.

We know our best players, who'll likely move on and who we'll get good offers for. The issue I see is that we're extremely poor in replacing them both efficiently and then effectively enough.

All just IMHO of course.

Love the Green
19-01-2011, 10:48 AM
.. while I don't usually start new threads I just can't be bothered reading all the drivel that's on the anti-CC threads.

It's hard to fathom that people think a manager would be able to come in and rescue our season - that's just too ridiculous for words.

And people saying that his chopping and changing of teams is evidence of CC's inability to manage??? If CC could field his best team then I'm certain he would love to but unfortunately that animal doesn't exist. He is instead struggling to find his least worst team and the reason for that should be obvious to everyone.

When I was posting last spring that Hughes should go I was lambasted by those saying he had to be given more time. However, the delay means that the mess to be sorted out is that much bigger - massive in fact.

When we played Ross County they looked like a class outfit and we looked like also-rans and that for me is the real measure of what CC took over. What kind of logic makes anyone think we should be heading up the league by now?

The board have not been short changing the fans - the high wages to turnover is evidence of that. They are not to blame for JH wasting their money on stupid signings like Alan Gow and the goalkeepers amongst all the various stupid things he did. I doubt if even football people ken what that was all about.

The fact is this season is a washout and was before CC took over - his priorities therefore must be avoiding relegation and working out how to sort out the squad before next season. That includes who, if any, of the current squad to keep and I have no problem with his varying team selections to work that out.

Why not Craig Brown has at Aberdeen.....Any manager of ant standing should be able to improve any team 10-15% and at least organise and select what he feels is his best team...not 1 players has improved any since his arrival..

"keep the faith"

Hibbyradge
19-01-2011, 10:52 AM
I agree with the OP.

We've been easily beaten for over a year and, despite a series of good results, we've actually been pants for longer. Just look at our 2010 record.

The fault for this lies squarely with the players.

I'll judge Colin Calderwood next season, when he's brought his own players in.

Stevie Reid
19-01-2011, 10:53 AM
It''s hard to fathom that people think a manager would be able to come in and rescue our season - that's just too ridiculous for words.

So expecting a manager who comes in in mid October to positively affect our season is "too ridiculous for words", but expecting supporters to happily accept the relentless march towards relegation since said manager's arrival, without questioning his ability, is perfectly normal?

Your compass is ****ed. Completely

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Just imagine if Calderwood had been in charge longer, amazingly he's actually made us easier to beat. :faf:

A tad unfair.
This is just the natural conclusion to what has gone before. We were well on the way to this at the Ross County/ Motherwell games.
What we need now is wholesale changes within the squad, but will CC be given the time or the backing???

Pretty Boy
19-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I agree with the OP.

We've been easily beaten for over a year and, despite a series of good results, we've actually been pants for longer. Just look at our 2010 record.

:agree: Spot on. A mass clearout is what is required and thankfully we have a prime opportunity to do it.

We have been shocking for a full calendar year now and we were hardly setting the heather on fire before that. Calderwood needs to be given time to bring his own players in, trust them to act like professionals and hopefully change the entire mindset of the dressing room.

Future17
19-01-2011, 10:58 AM

So why bother getting rid of Hughes when we did? On that logic, surely we might as well have kept him til the end of the season?

And people saying that his chopping and changing of teams is evidence of CC's inability to manage???

If the base components aren't good enough (i.e. the individual players) then a manager's responsibility is to build a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. That can't be done by chopping and changing the line-up every week.

If CC could field his best team then I'm certain he would love to but unfortunately that animal doesn't exist. He is instead struggling to find his least worst team and the reason for that should be obvious to everyone..

Do you not think that, in the time he's been at the club and the number of matches we've played (including all the closed door games) that he should have found his preferred starting XI by now?

Do you genuinely believe he is capable of identifying his "least worst team" or do you accept that, having seen players play well in a certain position one week, he has either switched their position for the next game or, in some cases, dropped them entirely?

I don't really understand this part. How has the delay in sacking Hughes meant that "the mess to be sorted out is that much bigger"? The only major difference I can think of between last spring and when CC got the job is the departure of Stokes and that would have happened no matter who was in charge.

The logic that says, if you are going to sack a manager and bring another one in, you bring in someone who is capable of doing the job which is required. In the case of CC, part of the job is to ensure we are heading up the table, not sliding further down it.

If Ross County looked like a class outfit compared to us, is there not an argument for giving the job to Derek Adams?

How was Alan Gow a stupid signing? Fair enough, it didn't work out but that doesn't mean it wasn't worth trying.

Don't get me started on the goalkeepers issue. We were crying out for a decent keeper - Hughes brought in a few and out of those we have one good one (Brown). That's still an improvement on where we were before.

I agree that those are his priorities but I'm not confident in his ability to achieve either of them and I think that if he's going to continue to chop and change the team with the frequency and lack of logic which we've seen from him so far, he might achieve the second objective, but it's likely to be at the cost of the first.

Littlest Hobo
19-01-2011, 10:58 AM
I think the question needs asked whether you want to see the manager sacked or not, is...WHY HAS THE MANAGER MADE NO IMPACT WHATSOEVER REGARDING PERFORMANCES FROM THE PLAYERS:confused:

I can take losing but it's the manner of the defeats, there seems to be little or no effort put in by the players. That for me falls on the managers head.
Either they start trying or you have to drop them, bring in some of the young lads, christ they can't do any worse.

No, CC thinks by bringing back a guy he's already told he can leave at the end of the season back in, also added to that a goalkeeper who is very poor and cost us the last time we knocked out the cup...Colin Nish, a player who we really should have emtied a long time ago....sorry i just don't get it.

Colin Calderwood seriously needs to start putting some heads on the chopping block starting from now :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 11:04 AM
A tad unfair.
This is just the natural conclusion to what has gone before. We were well on the way to this at the Ross County/ Motherwell games.
What we need now is wholesale changes within the squad, but will CC be given the time or the backing???

You wont be surprised to hear i disagree. :wink: Its not all CC's fault, i know that, although he has to take a share of the blame. Smith in goal, why? He's hopeless, if Stack is fit enough for the bench he plays before dropsy. Hart, one of the worst right backs in my time of watching hibs. Wotherspoon in place of him, an easy decision.

Murray, he's tried him at left back central midfield and now centre half, slower than a week in saughton, contributes nothing but the odd tackle. He cant control a ball quickly and cant move the ball on quickly enough. And was culpable for their goal, he's finished.

I could go on, No width or pace, (Galbraith) No Zemamma until 65 minutes, Nish again, why? Motivation, dont see any. Tactics, hoof it to Nish. What has he actually improved since arriving?

HFC 0-7
19-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Although I wouldnt say that we should sack calderwood I would question his record at Hibs. I think his record in 14 games is worse than any 14 game period John hughes had which does beg the question of why? There has been to much chopping and changing of players and players in different positions. Players need to know whats around them and by the constant changing of them team they are never going to know.

I appreciate Calderwood had to change things around in the early stages to assess how goes and who stays but 14 games in that decision should have been made and the changing around should have stopped.

If I am being honest I think Calderwood knows what his best 11 are and that IMO is a bit of a failure of a manager. In saying that bringing in a new manager now to assess the squad and decide who needs to go is not feasible as there is not enough time in this transfer window.

Purehibee_MYB
19-01-2011, 11:08 AM
He's got til the end of February with me, pushing mid-March. He has January to get players in and February to put them to work... So at least if he has a few of his own players then we might see a slight improvement, which would suit me I suppose.
But right now we are well over half way through the transfer window, and there has been nothing more than gossip and 1 person on trial, surely its not just the fans that see that change is desperately needed.
I did wonder why mark brown did not play last night? Him and Hanlon have been the most consistently average (which is good at the moment) we have. But lets see what happens at the end of January.

Keith_M
19-01-2011, 11:14 AM
.... What has he actually improved since arriving?

The goals against collumn?

:dunno:

Wilson
19-01-2011, 11:15 AM
I agree with the OP.

I think much of the criticism is coming from frustration at the lack of signings. We know our team is a shambles. We probably expected a signing or two would be made with some urgency. All we have though is Colin's chopping and changing one dud for another week after week - that and the occasional transfer market hard luck story.

I think plenty of folk would like to give Colin time and have a bit of stability in the managerial role. He has failed to show us anything significant with the players he has so now he has to prove himself in his transfer dealings. If he shows that he can find the players to cure our club's ills then we might have something to put our faith in.

Littlest Hobo
19-01-2011, 11:21 AM
You wont be surprised to hear i disagree. :wink: Its not all CC's fault, i know that, although he has to take a share of the blame. Smith in goal, why? He's hopeless, if Stack is fit enough for the bench he plays before dropsy. Hart, one of the worst right backs in my time of watching hibs. Wotherspoon in place of him, an easy decision.

Murray, he's tried him at left back central midfield and now centre half, slower than a week in saughton, contributes nothing but the odd tackle. He cant control a ball quickly and cant move the ball on quickly enough. And was culpable for their goal, he's finished.

I could go on, No width or pace, (Galbraith) No Zemamma until 65 minutes, Nish again, why? Motivation, dont see any. Tactics, hoof it to Nish. What has he actually improved since arriving?

Nothing as far as I'm concerned, the players aren't trying a leg for him.
So why not drop them all and play the young guys??

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 11:37 AM

I can see where you are coming from, but it is clear that the players have no interest and haven't had any for about a year. With attitudes like like it is little wonder we are where we are. CC can coach till he is blue in the face and things won't change. What we need is to clear out and start again.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 11:50 AM
I can see where you are coming from, but it is clear that the players have no interest and haven't had any for about a year. With attitudes like like it is little wonder we are where we are. CC can coach till he is blue in the face and things won't change. What we need is to clear out and start again.

I agree we need a clear out, I'd hoped for better though from Calderwood.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 11:52 AM
I agree we need a clear out, I'd hoped for better though from Calderwood.

We all hoped for better, sadly the players seem to see it differently:rolleyes:

matty_f
19-01-2011, 11:53 AM

I think part of the issue is that Calderwood is getting all that he can out of these players. I think they are trying, they just don't have that winning mentality.

I find it difficult to explain the difference, but you can look at Rankin last night, he covered a lot of ground, looked to get on the ball, tried to make tackles and passes, etc all of which points to someone trying, but the effort is lost because the desire to do what's necessary (or to know how to do what's necessary) to win isn't there. A winner wouldn't have fannied about trying to pass the ball to the keeper when through one on one, they'd have stuck it in the net, ran into the net for a wee rammie with a defender to grab the ball back of them, marched it down to the centre circle and got ready to go again.

I don't mean to single Rankin out, he wasn't the worst last night, but he gives a good example of someone trying hard but not being up to it.

Murray tried hard last night, but if he was a winner he'd have got tighter to the boy that scored and stopped him. Same goes for the other defenders who did their best to make a 35 year old second division player look like Messi.

Same goes for the players that watched Templeton waltz through the Hibs team to score at Easter Road.

Calderwood probably is getting all he can from the players, maybe with a couple of exceptions, but this team is so used to losing and is so lacking in character that performances like last night have become the norm.

CC needs to get players with heart, character, and most vitally, a winning mentality, to lift the players that are there.

If we had someone with the character of Rob Jones, Scott Brown, even Ivan Sproule, we'd look a much different team. These players lifted those around them, at the moment we have not a single soul in that side that is capable of doing that.

New Corrie
19-01-2011, 11:56 AM

Too ridiculous for words. Craig Brown and Archie Knox seem to have managed it at Aberdeen.

nortonhibby
19-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Why not Craig Brown has at Aberdeen.....Any manager of ant standing should be able to improve any team 10-15% and at least organise and select what he feels is his best team...not 1 players has improved any since his arrival..

"keep the faith"

No improvement at all plus some have got worse our only hope is the one to one games against Hamilton and St Mirren if we can win these games we will survive.

Arch Stanton
19-01-2011, 12:20 PM
So why bother getting rid of Hughes when we did? On that logic, surely we might as well have kept him til the end of the season?

If Hughes was managing fine then he should have been left - but he wasn't.

If the base components aren't good enough (i.e. the individual players) then a manager's responsibility is to build a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. That can't be done by chopping and changing the line-up every week.

He certainly can't take approach if he only has a few weeks to somehow build a team out of nothing. Perhaps he has realised that a long-term fix is required - that's how I see it anyway.

Do you not think that, in the time he's been at the club and the number of matches we've played (including all the closed door games) that he should have found his preferred starting XI by now?

That rather assumes there is a good starting 11 in there somewhere - I say there isn't. He has obviously found out a few players though - where they can and can't play (if at all - like our inglorious club captain). For instance, Murray isn't a player he can afford to drop just now but playing him as CB is somewhere he can make himself useful for the time being.

Do you genuinely believe he is capable of identifying his "least worst team" or do you accept that, having seen players play well in a certain position one week, he has either switched their position for the next game or, in some cases, dropped them entirely?

I don't accept that at all - he has changed it as much after reasonable performances as he has after bad ones.

I don't really understand this part. How has the delay in sacking Hughes meant that "the mess to be sorted out is that much bigger"? The only major difference I can think of between last spring and when CC got the job is the departure of Stokes and that would have happened no matter who was in charge.

Seems like you reckon the team can be improved without the benefit of a transfer window - I don't. And I can't really believe you think Hughes would have managed as well as anyone else - but there you go.

The logic that says, if you are going to sack a manager and bring another one in, you bring in someone who is capable of doing the job which is required. In the case of CC, part of the job is to ensure we are heading up the table, not sliding further down it.

If Ross County looked like a class outfit compared to us, is there not an argument for giving the job to Derek Adams?

I'm sure all the candidates had their plus points - Adams is one for the future I'd say.

How was Alan Gow a stupid signing? Fair enough, it didn't work out but that doesn't mean it wasn't worth trying.

Don't get me started on the goalkeepers issue. We were crying out for a decent keeper - Hughes brought in a few and out of those we have one good one (Brown). That's still an improvement on where we were before.

He only went after Gow when Aberdeen made a move for Gow him - we needed better defence not another midfielder/attacker type.

I agree that those are his priorities but I'm not confident in his ability to achieve either of them and I think that if he's going to continue to chop and change the team with the frequency and lack of logic which we've seen from him so far, he might achieve the second objective, but it's likely to be at the cost of the first.

Personally I would have been less confident if someone came in and found a likely starting 11 and formation and stuck with it - you may think that your approach would have us going up the table but that's rather a big assumption given how unreliable a lot of our squad are.

Stevie Reid
19-01-2011, 12:36 PM
No improvement at all plus some have got worse our only hope is the one to one games against Hamilton and St Mirren if we can win these games we will survive.

St. Mirren's dismantling of Peterhead last night sums up the difference between them and us right now. For weeks people have been telling me that St. Mirren and Hamilton will keep us up this year, and for weeks I have been telling them that they are wrong.

Speedway
19-01-2011, 12:36 PM

No he hasn't.

I think the question needs asked whether you want to see the manager sacked or not, is...WHY HAS THE MANAGER MADE NO IMPACT WHATSOEVER REGARDING PERFORMANCES FROM THE PLAYERS:confused:

Because you can't polish a turd.

I can take losing but it's the manner of the defeats, there seems to be little or no effort put in by the players. That for me falls on the managers head.
Either they start trying or you have to drop them, bring in some of the young lads, christ they can't do any worse.

No, CC thinks by bringing back a guy he's already told he can leave at the end of the season back in, also added to that a goalkeeper who is very poor and cost us the last time we knocked out the cup...Colin Nish, a player who we really should have emtied a long time ago....sorry i just don't get it.

Colin Calderwood seriously needs to start putting some heads on the chopping block starting from now :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter who he picks. Any 11 is as good or bad as any other in our squad. ITS THE PLAYERS!!

I like how we know who he should have picked once we've seen the game but no-one picked Wotherspoon at RB in their 'Team for Tuesday'

So with hindsight, yes, it's a doddle to see that Hart should never have played. With hindsight, it's easy to see that I should've told my dad that he was talking ***** when he sold the joys of supporting Hibs to me when I was a toddler.

CC picked the most experienced 11 to go and earn their keep. They couldn't do it.

ajay4hibs
19-01-2011, 01:19 PM
CC needs to get players with heart, character, and most vitally, a winning mentality, to lift the players that are there.

If we had someone with the character of Rob Jones, Scott Brown, even:notworthy: Ivan Sproule:notworthy:, we'd look a much different team. These players lifted those around them, at the moment we have not a single soul in that side that is capable of doing that.

oh god how i long to see a player with his heart and ability to lift an entire team, stadium and all thoses listening on the radio, player like this that change games, become heros and win points!!!!

weonlywon6-2
19-01-2011, 01:27 PM
A tad unfair.

the board now,quite simply, have no option but to back him
:cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2011, 01:38 PM
I think part of the issue is that Calderwood is getting all that he can out of these players. I think they are trying, they just don't have that winning mentality.

I find it difficult to explain the difference, but you can look at Rankin last night, he covered a lot of ground, looked to get on the ball, tried to make tackles and passes, etc all of which points to someone trying, but the effort is lost because the desire to do what's necessary (or to know how to do what's necessary) to win isn't there. A winner wouldn't have fannied about trying to pass the ball to the keeper when through one on one, they'd have stuck it in the net, ran into the net for a wee rammie with a defender to grab the ball back of them, marched it down to the centre circle and got ready to go again.

I don't mean to single Rankin out, he wasn't the worst last night, but he gives a good example of someone trying hard but not being up to it.

Murray tried hard last night, but if he was a winner he'd have got tighter to the boy that scored and stopped him. Same goes for the other defenders who did their best to make a 35 year old second division player look like Messi.

Same goes for the players that watched Templeton waltz through the Hibs team to score at Easter Road.

Calderwood probably is getting all he can from the players, maybe with a couple of exceptions, but this team is so used to losing and is so lacking in character that performances like last night have become the norm.

If we had someone with the character of Rob Jones, Scott Brown, even Ivan Sproule, we'd look a much different team. These players lifted those around them, at the moment we have not a single soul in that side that is capable of doing that.

Good post.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 01:41 PM

Been saying it for ages. :agree:

One thing is trying hard -which you would expect from a pro player.

Another this is being a leader and taking responsibility.

We need leaders and people who get the crowd back on the players side.

sesoim
19-01-2011, 02:09 PM
oh god how i long to see a player with his heart and ability to lift an entire team, stadium and all thoses listening on the radio, player like this that change games, become heros and win points!!!!

We could do with another Sauzee, Latapy and Mixu - the core of the team is weak at the moment. A Sproule type who can come on and change a game would help as well.

I also reckon we need a Vinny Jones type as well. We need someone in the middle of the park who will kick arse, motivate the team and frighten the opposition. I can't see any of our players doing that just now.

Andy74
19-01-2011, 02:19 PM
A tad unfair.

Ross county were a decent team who also beat Celtic at Hampden before getting to the Scottish cup final. They have again taken Dundee Utd to two games and to penalties.

We were ahead of Ross County for large parts of the two games and behind only once for the last 3 minutes or so. This was at a stage where we'd had Zemmama and McBride injured, Sol had been away and back and Stack was injured with the clown Smith in goals.

You can't compare that to to games against a second division team of part timers and kids who we failed to score against in two games and were behind for most of the second game. With pretty much a full team to choose from other than the fact we still had a clown in goals.

Motherwell was one of those things when the confidence is gone. Still, we scored six goals away from home against a near competitor at the top end of the league and played some fantastic stuff going forward.

Could this team at this time score six goals against anyone?

I'm presuming by this logic Calderwood should be sacked if we don't win on saturday away to Motherwell?

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 02:24 PM
No he hasn't.

It seems like it to me he has?

It doesn't matter who he picks. Any 11 is as good or bad as any other in our squad. ITS THE PLAYERS!!

Not in my opinion.

I like how we know who he should have picked once we've seen the game but no-one picked Wotherspoon at RB in their 'Team for Tuesday'

So with hindsight, yes, it's a doddle to see that Hart should never have played. With hindsight, it's easy to see that I should've told my dad that he was talking ***** when he sold the joys of supporting Hibs to me when I was a toddler.

CC picked the most experienced 11 to go and earn their keep. They couldn't do it.
Perhaps playing so many players out of position never helped, and disrupting the centre of the defense again was not a great idea either, the goal shows that. I wouldn't play Hart ever again, as i wouldn't play one ort two others either.
I did not pick my side on the pick your side for the Ayr united thread, but i did in previous weeks. Wotherspoon has struggled at times in the midfield, but has played far better than anyone else who have filled that position, thats why i want him at full back.

This week against the smellies, I'd go for.

brown
wotherspoon
dickoh
hanlon
stevenson
zemamma
mcbride
rankin
garlbraith
duffy
riordan

Beefster
19-01-2011, 02:49 PM

This is one of those myths that, if you repeat it often enough, folk will start to believe it.

For the record, it's nonsense. Under Calderwood, our win and draw %age are marginally better (I'm talking 3 or 4%), our goals scored per game is roughly the same and our goals conceded is better.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Ross county were a decent team who also beat Celtic at Hampden before getting to the Scottish cup final. They have again taken Dundee Utd to two games and to penalties.

We were ahead of Ross County for large parts of the two games and behind only once for the last 3 minutes or so. This was at a stage where we'd had Zemmama and McBride injured, Sol had been away and back and Stack was injured with the clown Smith in goals.

You can't compare that to to games against a second division team of part timers and kids who we failed to score against in two games and were behind for most of the second game. With pretty much a full team to choose from other than the fact we still had a clown in goals.

Motherwell was one of those things when the confidence is gone. Still, we scored six goals away from home against a near competitor at the top end of the league and played some fantastic stuff going forward.

Could this team at this time score six goals against anyone?

I'm presuming by this logic Calderwood should be sacked if we don't win on saturday away to Motherwell?

Regardless how the results went against Celtic or Utd, we should have easily beaten Ross County and to draw 6-6 after being 6-2 up with 20 minutes to go shows which direction we were travelling in under JH.
CC has yet to have a window to change things around and you think that is the time to change managers?? Hows that for logic??

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 03:09 PM
This is one of those myths that, if you repeat it often enough, folk will start to believe it.

For the record, it's nonsense. Under Calderwood, our win and draw %age are marginally better (I'm talking 3 or 4%), our goals scored per game is roughly the same and our goals conceded is better.

I don't remember us losing to 2nd division side last season?

Beefster
19-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't remember us losing to 2nd division side last season?

We didn't beat Rangers last season either. Looking at things a wee bit longer term than a single game, Calderwood's record isn't any worse than Hughes was after February.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 03:19 PM
We didn't beat Rangers last season either. Looking at things a wee bit longer term than a single game, Calderwood's record isn't any worse than Hughes was after February.

Give him time.

Beefster
19-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Give him time.

Now we agree.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Now we agree.

I didn't know Yogi still held that honor, it certainly does not feel like it. :boo hoo:

vahibbie
19-01-2011, 03:43 PM

Been saying it for ages. :agree:

One thing is trying hard -which you would expect from a pro player.

Another this is being a leader and taking responsibility.

We need leaders and people who get the crowd back on the players side.

Rob Jones:confused: How many people were complainingthat he was never a captain, couldnae lead boy scouts.
The plain fact is CC should have these guys fighting tooth and nail for the club.
He says he's getting all the effort he needs....utter bull-******. He can't be that blind. If the player is not pulling his weight, he's off the team, simple. We can't possibly be any worse playing some young lads. At least we might see some effort and that at least might just lift the support enough to get us some breathing space.