PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood out, Strachan in (interim) (MERGED)

iainm1875
19-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Thats it for me, Calderwood's baffling team selections look like the acts of a man on a suicide mission. You can't tell guys that they are free to leave and expect them to pull up trees for you. Not one player at Easter Road has cemented his position in the team, not one player can say with any conviction that he will be starting on Saturday in a particular position. No fan could name any more than seven of his starting eleven this weekend. Balloon!

I believe that he should have enough respect for the fans to fall on his sword, and someone of Gordon Strachan's calibre should be brought in until the end of the season to give the board time to get the next appointment right or decide if Derek Adams is up to the job.

If you don't fancy Strachan, feel free to add your own suggestion.

Glory Glory

lucky
19-01-2011, 08:09 AM
50% support from me. CC out but not that Wee ginger *******. Bring Tango man. Save our Season

Hibstrooper
19-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Calderwood stay & new players in is the only option I see. If things haven't picked up by end of February then consider making a change.

That change would be Calderwood out and Adams promoted - not my choice however that is what would happen.

Hamish
19-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Jim Duffy for me............

well the OP started it:coffee:

BT58
19-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Strachan has ALWAYS had cash to spend!!!
there is no way he will come to ER
If we could not afford SC,, there's no way
we could afford GS
DA is waiting in the wings, if CC decides to walk
masterplan of RP!!!!

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Strap on would expect money to spend, money that, thus far, has not been afforded to CC.
The least that we can do is give the guy a chance to see what he can bring in, in the short term, to improve the situation.
We have, by and large, the same group of underachievers that we had at the end of last year. What did you expect was going to happen?
We do need change, that much is blatently obvious. Unfortunately it has been obvious since january last year, but the board seen fit to carry on regardless and left us in the situation we are in now.
CC may well not be the guy to take us forward, I don't know, but, none of us really know as he needs time and cash to freshen things up.

Cropley10
19-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Strachan's a Hibs man and already a multi-millionaire.

But he wouldn't have cash to spend and wonder how he'd get on working with Mr Petrie?

GreenPJ
19-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Based on the truly pathetic performances displayed by our experienced players in the last 12 months why does everyone think that changing manager will actually bring success (by that I mean avoid relegation).

It is an added cost and risk that has a high probability of failure because the constant that has been there under Hughes and Calderwood ie the players is still there.

Any businessman (or gambler) would look to another alternative to address the problem (i.e. find the funds to bring in 3 decent hungry pro's in this window).

Liberal Hibby
19-01-2011, 08:30 AM
There's knee jerk reaction and then there's calling for Strachan...

This goes beyond parody surely?

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Based on the truly pathetic performances displayed by our experienced players in the last 12 months why does everyone think that changing manager will actually bring success (by that I mean avoid relegation).

It is an added cost and risk that has a high probability of failure because the constant that has been there under Hughes and Calderwood ie the players is still there.

Any businessman (or gambler) would look to another alternative to address the problem (i.e. find the funds to bring in 3 decent hungry pro's in this window).

Totally agree it is the players, hughes' players, who are at fault and need changed now!

brog
19-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Calderwood has to be given time, support & cash to get things right. With the exception of McBride on right wing last night I thought he picked a reasonable team. The fact that certain players didn't perform, notably our talisman, can not all be blamed on the manager. Constantly changing managers is no way to provide stability or confidence.

jonny
19-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Strachan's a Hibs man and already a multi-millionaire.

But he wouldn't have cash to spend and wonder how he'd get on working with Mr Petrie?

he's also an irritating unprofessional little tw@t. Under no circumstances would I want him as Hibs manager. His interviews are cringeworthy at best and for me his performance as manager of Middlesbrough sums him up.

offshorehibby
19-01-2011, 08:34 AM
CC needs to be given the 3 or 4 players he needs to keep us up this season and bin some imposters dragging Hibs down.

hibby67
19-01-2011, 08:39 AM
CC needs to be given the 3 or 4 players he needs to keep us up this season and bin some imposters dragging Hibs down.

which 3 or 4 players would want to come to Hibs right now
out of the cup heading for 1st divison football.....a negitivity around the club

if i was a player of any standered and Hibs came in for me i would run a mile........

Craig_in_Prague
19-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Those that want the manager to be sacked, seriously, have a word.

What can CC actually do to make these bawless heartless spineless shower do better. These players let down the managers that signed them, so what makes everyone think a new manager will all of a sudden change it all. There was a manager on SSN the other day (I think Allardyce) that said stats actuall show change of managers don't turn things for the good. Ok there's the odd "1st match" win that can happen.
The facts are that we've somehow landed a full 15 players or so that aint good enough for our club. We've been out muscled, out fought, and generally easily beaten for far too long now.
Hughes came in and KNEW we were a soft touch FFS, yet done NOTHING to change that!! ......instead waffled on about Dutch style football or Barcelona.... and generally slavered a lot of drivel - his heid is full of mince. Mixu had us a bit more fighting (no coincidence in the difference in the Derby results between these 2 managers). Anyway these 2 guys were not disasters at all, but with more knowledge on the scottish game and being 'hibees' then we probably expected more, and rightly so.
CC is brand new to this country's league. He'll be shocked with the players compared to down south, where they actually are men and have a set of baws.
I said on another thread but CC is the last man that should leave ER. I like him, have faith in him, and finally once and for all we need to back the manager, suffer for a while with what we have until he can get rid of the whole lot (Booth, Spoony, Hanlon, M Brown the only exceptions).

I hate this short fuse of 'blame the manager' all the time.

I've been in my job for 7 years, same company, i've had difference bosses and different offices / locations etc. I work hard and I care... I feel I need to earn my pay cheque. Given me a new fancy office and equipment is nice, but it doesn't really mean I'll do better work. I'll always do best I can - coz I want to and have that desire. Hope you get the picture.

Our players are the problem and I've had it with them all.
Get behind CC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeeJay
19-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Totally agree it is the players, hughes' players, who are at fault and need changed now!

We cannot change 11 or more players now can we - so what is the point of your post? The only question is: can Calderwood save us from relegation - if not he should go, if yes, he should get around to doing it now before it is too late - and he will have to use the players we have because there are no others (we may have one or two in the window, but then again maybe not).

If Calderwood is unable to work with the players we have on the books then he should go and we should get someone in who can. People really have to stop saying CC should be given time - his time is running out, we cannot afford to go down.

Expecting Rain
19-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Hibs made plenty of chance, defensively they are always vulnerable, i think it has been that way for along time, since we lost Rob Jones nobody has bossed that area, we need somebody in there who can bring out the potential in Hanlon, help the keeper along and keep the full backs right, that would be a start.

TheUsualSuspect
19-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Really Gordon Strachan :faf::faf::faf::faf:

The man, who in his last job, lead Middlesborough from Title contenders to relegation fodder.

Not having a go but it's a strange choice.

khib70
19-01-2011, 08:45 AM

What can CC actually do to make these bawless heartless spineless shower do better. These players let down the managers that signed them, so what makes everyone think a new manager will all of a sudden change it all. There was a manager on SSN the other day (I think Allardyce) that said stats actuall show change of managers don't turn things for the good. Ok there's the odd "1st match" win that can happen.
The facts are that we've somehow landed a full 15 players or so that aint good enough for our club. We've been out muscled, out fought, and generally easily beaten for far too long now.
Hughes came in and KNEW we were a soft touch FFS, yet done NOTHING to change that!! ......instead waffled on about Dutch style football or Barcelona.... and generally slavered a lot of drivel - his heid is full of mince. Mixu had us a bit more fighting (no coincidence in the difference in the Derby results between these 2 managers). Anyway these 2 guys were not disasters at all, but with more knowledge on the scottish game and being 'hibees' then we probably expected more, and rightly so.
CC is brand new to this country's league. He'll be shocked with the players compared to down south, where they actually are men and have a set of baws.
I said on another thread but CC is the last man that should leave ER. I like him, have faith in him, and finally once and for all we need to back the manager, suffer for a while with what we have until he can get rid of the whole lot (Booth, Spoony, Hanlon, M Brown the only exceptions).

I've been in my job for 7 years, same company, i've had difference bosses and different offices / locations etc. I work hard and I care... I feel I need to earn my pay cheque. Given me a new fancy office and equipment is nice, but it doesn't really mean I'll do better work. I'll always do best I can - coz I want to and have that desire. Hope you get the picture.

:top marks Excellent post. Says it all for me

Fantic
19-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Collins, Mixu, Hughes......

moggie
19-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Bringing strachan in is one way of getting Riorden on the subs bench i suppose.

allyhibee
19-01-2011, 08:49 AM
We really can't keep sacking managers so quickly. We must stick with CC and let him try to sort this mess out IMO. a couple of signings to get a bit of optimism up and hopefully a goal or two soon and we should have enough to stay up. When CC joined the consensus was that this season was pretty much a write off anyway and it would be his summer transfers which would be the making of him. We will see his credentials as a manager next season once he has had a chance to put his own stamp on the team.

smurf
19-01-2011, 08:49 AM
The board appointed this guy and now they have to back him.

They appointed him knowing FULL WELL that we required MAJOR changes in personnel....(well there's a thought such is their incompetence on actual FOOTBALLING matters maybe they didn't...)

Therefore they need to back him. No excuses but back him to carry out the major surgery required.

Or is this a yet again appointment the board can just hide behind?

Expecting Rain
19-01-2011, 08:50 AM

Great post Craig.:top marks

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 08:51 AM
We cannot change 11 or more players now can we - so what is the point of your post? The only question is: can Calderwood save us from relegation - if not he should go, if yes, he should get around to doing it now before it is too late - and he will have to use the players we have because there are no others (we may have one or two in the window, but then again maybe not).

If Calderwood is unable to work with the players we have on the books then he should go and we should get someone in who can. People really have to stop saying CC should be given time - his time is running out, we cannot afford to go down.

We can change 3 or 4 though...if the board are willing to back him???

Tell me, where is this guy who can turn cr@p into gold???

Of course he needs time (and cash) to turn things round. It has been obvious for about a year now that what we have is not good enough, hence the fact that so many players are soon to be out of contract. Do you think these players would react any better to any other manager knowing they are out soon????

We have to, need to, swallow this bitter pill and get behind this manager who, IMHO, needs time to sort it out.

Higgy115
19-01-2011, 08:51 AM

Only problem is, if we do get 3 or 4 players in at this stage of the transfer window, they will likely not be the ones he wanted or any other team wanted......

bawheid
19-01-2011, 08:53 AM

Great post. :top marks

Storar made a good point on another thread. Everyone over the age of 21 - OUT. Everyone.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Only problem is, if we do get 3 or 4 players in at this stage of the transfer window, they will likely not be the ones he wanted or any other team wanted......

Always a problem in the January window, but they may, at least, show some hunger and desire to make it at the club...something that is sadly lacking from the present squad.

iainm1875
19-01-2011, 08:58 AM
[QUOTE=Craig_in_Prague;2698794]Those that want the manager to be sacked, seriously, have a word.

The facts are that we've somehow landed a full 15 players or so that aint good enough for our club.

Liam Miller is a good player playing badly.
Derek Riordan is a good player playing badly.
Chris Hogg is a former player of the year.
Colin Nish is an average player who used to score 1 in 3

My point is that these guys and the rest are being badly managed.

Just for fun, can anyone name 1 player and state which position he will play on Saturday.

I'll go first, Dickoh at CB

PeeJay
19-01-2011, 09:01 AM
We can change 3 or 4 though...if the board are willing to back him???

Tell me, where is this guy who can turn cr@p into gold???

Of course he needs time (and cash) to turn things round. It has been obvious for about a year now that what we have is not good enough, hence the fact that so many players are soon to be out of contract. Do you think these players would react any better to any other manager knowing they are out soon????

We have to, need to, swallow this bitter pill and get behind this manager who, IMHO, needs time to sort it out.

He was unable to organise a team of better footballers to beat a team of part timers last night. It was a cup game, upsets are normal in cup games, if it was only the cup game I'd let it pass, but it's every game since he has been here (apart from Ibrox) - I don't feel the need to get behind this manager, I'm behind the team - we should beat part timers over two legs. If you don't mind me asking: when will people of your persuasion finally accept CC's to blame - on relegation day?

The only bitter pilll we have to swallow is the realisation that CC is not the answer, and we have to stop this slide now before it goes any further. If not, relegation here we come - no doubt you'll all still be blaming Yogi...

... come to think of it, I actually hope you are all right and I'm wrong, and he does sort it out - otherwise we're going down.

Barman Stanton
19-01-2011, 09:02 AM
I dont think CC is the answer but I'm really not sure sacking him now will do any good. It would take weeks to get a new man in and by then the window is shut and he has to work with the same dross.

The only solution I see at the moment is backing the manager they appointed and get some decent players in. To have no one in on the 19th is a disgrace considering the mess we are in.

Ernie Cobra
19-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Bringing strachan in is one way of getting Riorden on the subs bench i suppose.

whats french for cat?

Craig_in_Prague
19-01-2011, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=Craig_in_Prague;2698794]Those that want the manager to be sacked, seriously, have a word.

The facts are that we've somehow landed a full 15 players or so that aint good enough for our club.

Just for fun, can anyone name 1 player and state which position he will play on Saturday.

Liam Miller has had bigger clubs, but not a sustained period with any of them, take a guess why. So he needs to drop down a level or two, and we expected a lot given his name and where he's been.

Deek isn't playing good I agree, yet still got a couple of our best shots on target in the 2 cup games. Still a goal threat and never was & never will be a player to grab games by the neck when we're a struggling side.

Hogg has been very poor the majority of the time, how he got player of year, well, says it all how bad our squad's have got.

Nish is an average player and its as simple as that. This is the biggest platform he's ever had or will have. Is he the quality we need to have us punching our weight?

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 09:09 AM

Needs support to play his style of game
Is a good goal scorer, but average footballer and again needs a playing partner ala. GOC.
But an average player at best
And gets dogs abuse every time he plays

The bottom line is, with a couple of exeptions, our squad is as poor as it has been in years and it is unrealistic to expect that the likes of Deeks and Liam Miller can change that. We need investment in the squad and stability with the management, something that has been lacking for years.

J-C
19-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Hibs made plenty of chance, defensively they are always vulnerable, i think it has been that way for along time, since we lost Rob Jones nobody has bossed that area, we need somebody in there who can bring out the potential in Hanlon, help the keeper along and keep the full backs right, that would be a start.

I've said before and I'll say it again, the midfield is the cause of all our problems at ER.

There's no bite, tackling, guille, invention and definitely no protection for the defence.

The quicker we can shift the wage thieves of Miller, McBride, Rankin, De Graaf etc, the quicker the tean will start to play again. Remember last seasons great start was due to Miller et all playing pretty well until they decided not to give a flying **** about Hibs and stopped, that's when the rot started.

moggie
19-01-2011, 09:20 AM
whats french for cat?

Le Cat :dunno:

:greengrin

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 09:21 AM
He was unable to organise a team of better footballers to beat a team of part timers last night. It was a cup game, upsets are normal in cup games, if it was only the cup game I'd let it pass, but it's every game since he has been here (apart from Ibrox) - I don't feel the need to get behind this manager, I'm behind the team - we should beat part timers over two legs. If you don't mind me asking: when will people of your persuasion finally accept CC's to blame - on relegation day?

The only bitter pilll we have to swallow is the realisation that CC is not the answer, and we have to stop this slide now before it goes any further. If not, relegation here we come - no doubt you'll all still be blaming Yogi...

... come to think of it, I actually hope you are all right and I'm wrong, and he does sort it out - otherwise we're going down.

Your behind the team???
A "team" that has proven to be average at best, downright cr@p at worst. A "team" that doesn't, or even show the least inclination to, try for what ever manager is in charge.
This "team" needs cleared out and the sooner the better. So yes I am behind the manager cos the "team" aren't, neither are the "team" behind the supporters as they show blatent disregard to us in not trying a leg.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "a person of my persuasion" care to elaborate??

moggie
19-01-2011, 09:24 AM
I've said before and I'll say it again, the midfield is the cause of all our problems at ER.

There's no bite, tackling, guille, invention and definitely no protection for the defence.

The quicker we can shift the wage thieves of Miller, McBride, Rankin, De Graaf etc, the quicker the tean will start to play again. Remember last seasons great start was due to Miller et all playing pretty well until they decided not to give a flying **** about Hibs and stopped, that's when the rot started.

:agree:

Craig_in_Prague
19-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Your behind the team???
A "team" that has proven to be average at best, downright cr@p at worst. A "team" that doesn't, or even show the least inclination to, try for what ever manager is in charge.
This "team" needs cleared out and the sooner the better. So yes I am behind the manager cos the "team" aren't, neither are the "team" behind the supporters as they show blatent disregard to us in not trying a leg.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "a person of my persuasion" care to elaborate??

Andy Walker mentioned several times last night "Lazy cross"......"Lazy tackle" .......... how can CC be blamed for having a shower of bawless, gutless, spineless, wage theifs at our club.

Expecting Rain
19-01-2011, 09:27 AM

I`m not in disagreement the team needs a backbone urgently, centre half, centre midfield and centre forward, then we can start to address the other problems.

PeeJay
19-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Your behind the team???

Well, I'm always behind the Hibs team - even last night !
Your opinion was all I meant - nothing sinister, honest :greengrin
The manager you are behind has a terrible record, but hey...
I believe this team can be coached to play better - the part timers were well organised last night and well motivated, I now no longer think Calderwood can do either ... it's just my opinion - you see it your way, I see it my way.

offshorehibby
19-01-2011, 09:31 AM
which 3 or 4 players would want to come to Hibs right now
out of the cup heading for 1st divison football.....a negitivity around the club

if i was a player of any standered and Hibs came in for me i would run a mile........

Out the cup or not we are still one of the top clubs in the country.

I would like to think he has players in mind to start hi revolution. Pull out the stops to get these players.

JimBHibees
19-01-2011, 09:34 AM

Good post. Pretty much sums up my opinion also. He needs a bit of time and resources in.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Well, I'm always behind the Hibs team - even last night !
Your opinion was all I meant - nothing sinister, honest :greengrin
The manager you are behind has a terrible record, but hey...
I believe this team can be coached to play better - the part timers were well organised last night and well motivated, I now no longer think Calderwood can do either ... it's just my opinion - you see it your way, I see it my way.

I believe a team can only be coached if they "want" to be coached...this lot show they don't IMHO.

iainm1875
19-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Could someone please highlight one of CC management skills.

Is he a good man manager?
Does he have an eye for a player?
Is he a master tactician?
Does he do most of his work on the training ground?
Is he an inspirational talker?:na na:
Are his contacts in the game top drawer?

I honestly don't have a clue as to his strengths as a manager and I don't accept that we have 20 of the laziest footballers in Scotland on our books. Its just bad management.:taxi

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Could someone please highlight one of CC management skills.

Is he a good man manager?
Does he have an eye for a player?
Is he a master tactician?
Does he do most of his work on the training ground?
Is he an inspirational talker?:na na:
Are his contacts in the game top drawer?

I honestly don't have a clue as to his strengths as a manager and I don't accept that we have 20 of the laziest footballers in Scotland on our books. Its just bad management.:taxi

He has done well at his previous clubs, so he must have something, no??

As far as having an eye for a player, contacts etc. Those are yet to be proven.
One thing is for sure, we will never know unless he is given the time and backing.

Hibee Daz
19-01-2011, 10:09 AM

:agree::top marks:applause:
There are no words I need to add on this nonsense, as your post sums up exactly how I feel on the matter as well.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Gordon Strachan, seriously? Yogi was castigated for his interviews, strapons one up from Hughes in bull**** speak. I'd give it a week before we wanted him out.

Keith_M
19-01-2011, 10:20 AM
I know it's dissapointing (to say the least) to lose yet again but the position hasn't changed. Calderwood needs new players, quite obviously, because the current lot just don't have what it takes.

There's no point changing the manager again, in the vain hope that someone can turn around the current bunch of losers.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Would rather have Butcher or McInnes

If you take away his record at Celtic - where he should win most of his games.

Strachans managerial record isn't that great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Strachan

4 Front Teeth
19-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Brilliant idea.

proud_and_green
19-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Gordon Strachan, seriously? Yogi was castigated for his interviews, strapons one up from Hughes in bull**** speak. I'd give it a week before we wanted him out.

It could be Mourinho, Capella and ferguson as our management team and they would still only be given a week before they were subjected to calls for them to be sacked!!

That said - Strachan please NO!!!!!

Calderwood, is the latest in a line of managers who have been unable to get the players to perform, for me that says it is not the Manager - it is either the players or the Club. We must not get rid of him now. The club needs stability and someone to folow through with a plan - and i am sure that CC has a plan.

If we get rid of him we will just be back on the bus of short term appointments and ultimate oblivion.

Leishy1995
19-01-2011, 02:39 PM
If we want to survive, we need to be better than Hamilton, we are not cause we have no fight, we are pish!:flag:

Sacking CC would let DA get somewhere, probably where he should be. Go on RP, put your money on yer horse.

LancsHibs
22-01-2011, 05:58 PM
I have always supported our managers and players and have not been a believer in chopping and changing managers but I am really worried for our future tonight, It is becoming apparent that the Petrie has made a grave mistake in appointing CC.
We have got worse since Yogi went, the players obviously arn't playing for him, bizarre selections and post match comments are delivering relegation. I feel that we must now pay CC off and get Strachan in, no matter what the cost just to survive the season. Strachan would instill a bit of fight and command respect.
Imagine what the crowds are going to be with the run in to the season and the cost of going down if we continue in this vain.
Just my opinion! What's your thoughts and GS as boss? Achievable?

stokesmessiah
22-01-2011, 06:00 PM
I have always supported our managers and players and have not been a believer in chopping and changing managers but I am really worried for our future tonight, It is becoming apparent that the Petrie has made a grave mistake in appointing CC.
We have got worse since Yogi went, the players obviously arn't playing for him, bizarre selections and post match comments are delivering relegation. I feel that we must now pay CC off and get Strachan in, no matter what the cost just to survive the season. Strachan would instill a bit of fight and command respect.
Imagine what the crowds are going to be with the run in to the season and the cost of going down if we continue in this vain.

Yeah just like the 'Boro team he put together :rolleyes:

Seriously why Strachan? Because he is a "big name" ??????

hibsbollah
22-01-2011, 06:00 PM
I cant stand him.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 06:01 PM

More chance of getting Pep from Barca

Removed
22-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah just like the 'Boro team he put together :rolleyes:

Seriously why Strachan? Because he is a "big name" ??????

:confused: Calderwood is a bigger name than Strachan :wink:

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 06:02 PM
More chance of getting Pep from Barca

Even Pep would struggle to get anything from that shower of *****.

stokesmessiah
22-01-2011, 06:02 PM
:confused: Calderwood is a bigger name than Strachan :wink:

I see what you done there! :greengrin

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Not this again...

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?202233-Calderwood-out-Strachan-in-(interim)

Sunny1875
22-01-2011, 06:04 PM
No No No

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Not this again...

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?202233-Calderwood-out-Strachan-in-(interim)

Yip. And its unlikely to be the last time. Thats what we do here.

HibsMax
22-01-2011, 06:05 PM

Just out of interest, if Hibs did appoint Strachan and his start was equally as unsuccessful as Colin's, would you be calling for his head too?

Not trying to start a fight, I just want to know how long the probation period is.

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Yip. And its unlikely to be the last time. Thats what we do here.

The Admins should merge all the negative threads into one at the top about CC and the players :agree:

There should be one thread about players coming in and out :agree:

Too much of the same nonsense on the front page - arguments going round in circles.

Minder
22-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Not too sure "chuckie" is the answer. Interviews would be better. GS and Hibs has always been a what if sort of situation. Don't think he would take it.

LancsHibs
22-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Just out of interest, if Hibs did appoint Strachan and his start was equally as unsuccessful as Colin's, would you be calling for his head too?

Not trying to start a fight, I just want to know how long the probation period is.

Honest answer mate, Don't know. Just cant see it being as bad as it is now under Ginge and cant see us getting out of the current downwards spiral. I have nothing against CC and would love him to succeed, but cant remember us being this bad since the 80's.
Strach I know has not endeared himself with some of his comments in recent years but knows the Scottish game, which CC doesn't, has a eye for a player and would take not ****. He would do a job for us, the fact that he was a Hibee as a kid is neither hear nor there!

tamig
22-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Horrible little man. Hope he comes nowhere near ER :rolleyes:

And a pish manager to boot.

easty
22-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Horrible little man. Hope he comes nowhere near ER :rolleyes:

And a pish manager to boot.

I'd rather we got Michaela Strachan!

Albion Hibs
22-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Thats it for me, Calderwood's baffling team selections look like the acts of a man on a suicide mission. You can't tell guys that they are free to leave and expect them to pull up trees for you. Not one player at Easter Road has cemented his position in the team, not one player can say with any conviction that he will be starting on Saturday in a particular position. No fan could name any more than seven of his starting eleven this weekend. Balloon!

I believe that he should have enough respect for the fans to fall on his sword, and someone of Gordon Strachan's calibre should be brought in until the end of the season to give the board time to get the next appointment right or decide if Derek Adams is up to the job.

If you don't fancy Strachan, feel free to add your own suggestion.

Glory Glory

What a load of rubbish IMO.

Your suggestion is to get rid of our second manager in a season, get in another one, to look and see if the current other one is good enough or on the side look for another manager. One word for me 'farce'.

nortonhibby
22-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Calderwood has to be given time, support & cash to get things right. With the exception of McBride on right wing last night I thought he picked a reasonable team. The fact that certain players didn't perform, notably our talisman, can not all be blamed on the manager. Constantly changing managers is no way to provide stability or confidence.

Good post we are in a position where we cant just change manager again our credibility as a club would suffer we need stability Colin has been left with a poor group of players we are in a position where we have NO sellable assets, Bamba and Stokes were sold and with Deek out of contract in the summer i fear he will leave as well for pastures knew.
We are in deep deep dow dow and CC Has been left with the mess to clear up we must back CC To bring in more of his players and clear out the dead wood.:hnet: