PDA

View Full Version : Statement from the Board NOW Please!

billbee
19-01-2011, 06:48 AM
No point saying anymore about that showing last night, its all being said, we dedicated fans of this /our club, thats slowly sliding away to the lower echelons of football, because unless some radical change happens now, we will go down, and I have no great confidence we will just come back like before, we have no fire, passion, or desire,I for one can,t accept this, IMO someone needs to explain.
As I left Somerset Park last night, fans were angry and hurt, paying and giving up time to watch this utter crap is not acceptable any more, it is and will, divide us and drive us away.

IMO why cant we have a Statement from our well paid board.

Do companies not hold EXTRAORIDARY MEETINGS Wwhen things go pop! its the board room level that now need to clarify, fed up its all down to the players, manager, east mains, fckg pizzas, LET THEM EXPLAIN THEIR VISION NOW ffs.

:confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused: ten green bottlers standing in a row (id keep brown put him to ballet for kicking lessons) and they say its only a game! Aye game for a laugh!

Cropley10
19-01-2011, 07:09 AM
No chance.

smurf
19-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Not a hope in hells chance.

Saorsa
19-01-2011, 07:17 AM
wouldnae haud yer breath waiting on that.

Newhaven
19-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Everything is fine. We know things are tough but we continue to give the manager our full backing.

2007 CIS cup final t-shirts are still on sale in the shop priced at 99p (limited stock)

P.S. Remember to be part of the Hibernain family in 2011-12 by buying your season ticket today - great early, early bird prices available.

© Hibernian Board of Directors 2011

TrickyNicky
19-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Everything is fine. We know things are tough but we continue to give the manager our full backing.

2007 CIS cup final t-shirts are still on sale in the shop priced at 99p (limited stock)

P.S. Remember to be part of the Hibernain family in 2011-12 by buying your season ticket today - great early, early bird prices available.

:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 09:02 AM
No point saying anymore about that showing last night, its all being said, we dedicated fans of this /our club, thats slowly sliding away to the lower echelons of football, because unless some radical change happens now, we will go down, and I have no great confidence we will just come back like before, we have no fire, passion, or desire,I for one can,t accept this, IMO someone needs to explain.
As I left Somerset Park last night, fans were angry and hurt, paying and giving up time to watch this utter crap is not acceptable any more, it is and will, divide us and drive us away.

Do companies not hold EXTRAORIDARY MEETINGS Wwhen things go pop! its the board room level that now need to clarify, fed up its all down to the players, manager, east mains, fckg pizzas, LET THEM EXPLAIN THEIR VISION NOW ffs.

:confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused: ten green bottlers standing in a row (id keep brown put him to ballet for kicking lessons) and they say its only a game! Aye game for a laugh!

A few open letters, a couple of Russian hats and an insane belief in what we can achieve, is all it would take.

Cropley10
19-01-2011, 09:57 AM
A few open letters, a couple of Russian hats and an insane belief in what we can achieve, is all it would take.

Hasn't done them any harm though has it?

I mean - 26 points ahead, came from a goal down to win against their closest rivals. An experienced SPL manager who cares for the Club. Young talent, players with pace and power, plenty of fight and bottle and a recent Derby record to savour.

We can only dream of such things.

khib70
19-01-2011, 10:01 AM

:confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused: ten green bottlers standing in a row (id keep brown put him to ballet for kicking lessons) and they say its only a game! Aye game for a laugh!

You don't need a statement from the board. There's loads of posts by Andy 74 on here, which is pretty much the same thing. :greengrin

Speedway
19-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Thank you for your concern.

The bored at Hibernian Football Club are keenly aware that you're not giving us as much money as you normally do you tight fisted miserable gits and you think that you have a right to watch decent football.

Well, I've got a Merc to pay for, cretins so get yer hands in yer pockets. It's all you're good for and you know **** all about what you're talking about anyway.

PS - Deidrie, could you tidy up that for me and let me have it back in draft format.

Rod,

Try This:

Thanks

Deidrie

Thank you for your concern.

The board at Hibernian Football Club are keenly aware of the poor run of results that have have been experiencing recently.

I would like to assure all our supporters that we are working extremely hard to support Colin Calderwood and Derek Adams in their attempts to turn our fortunes around.

These are tough times but the prudent management of the club has given us a rock solid foundation with facilities that are the envy of every club outside of the Old Firm. We have every confidence that we will return to competing at the top end of Scottish Football and European competition again shortly.

Thank you for your continued support. Together we are stronger.

Deidrie,

It doesn't say what I wanted to but it'll have to do I suppose. Release to the press this morning.

Roddie

TrickyNicky
19-01-2011, 10:45 AM
To whom it may concern,

Sorry for the late reply, my car, unfortunately had not been cleaned properly this morning before setting off for work, therefore causing me to run behind schedule by 4 allotments at 15 minute increments.

I returned from my work last night to find my wife in the driveway throwing eggs at my car.

She was made to scrape them off this morning and scramble them for my breakfast.

I haven't as yet read your letter but surmise you'll be another of our season ticket holders wishing to heap some form of praise on the board in light of last evening's successful " Bring a proud club to it's knees campaign "!

The board are quite pleased with what we have managed to achieve in such a short time in the clubs long, proud history and we will be be resolute in the fact that no stone will be left unturned in crippling it from the inside out.

The tears and pain that we see in the eyes of every Hibernian supporter that turns up at Easter Road lately only serves to fuel the boards desire for fast-tracking our aim, achieving this goal and providing the football world with a blueprint that can be a mantra for all accountants that were battered at school, that were always picked last in the playground football teams, for those that made a point of being fully dressed apart from their underpants and trousers after showering post gym class, I say - " keep the heid doon, crunch the numbers, buy short, sell long, turn the eleventh hour into the twelfth" !

The board thank-you for your support and will repay this trust by hiking up next seasons ticket prices.

Yours,

Rodderick Pyramid Scheme Petrie.

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 11:12 AM

I mean - 26 points ahead, came from a goal down to win against their closest rivals. An experienced SPL manager who cares for the Club. Young talent, players with pace and power, plenty of fight and bottle and a recent Derby record to savour.

I tend to look at the longer term picture. They still have debts, they still have to work on their infrastructure, they are still paying out more than they are taking in. They are still owned by Romanov.

I am far from happy at the position Hibs are in, but to go down the Yam route would be suicide. Our only way out of this mess is to grit our teeth and grind out results against teams around us.

We are not in the part of the league we would like to be in, but we are far from doomed. Unless of course we distract ourselves by protest groups, open letters and allow people who haven't got a scooby what's going on (no, not the board) to start having an influence on what's going on at ER.

Sadly, we are merely customers of Hibs, and anybody that thinks they are anything else is deluded. Anybody who thinks they can run the club needs locking up.

Simon70
19-01-2011, 11:18 AM
You don't need a statement from the board. There's loads of posts by Andy 74 on here, which is pretty much the same thing. :greengrin

:agree:

Andy74
19-01-2011, 11:22 AM

Hilarious.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-01-2011, 11:23 AM

What he says....the PR at ER is a disgrace...there is not a chance in hell Petrie will say anything other than what you read above...we need STF to put the club up for sale for new investors to come but then again there's not a hope in hell of him doing that as long as the hospitality section is making money and him being able to shake a few hands on matchday then sneak away just before kick off :rolleyes:

The Falcon
19-01-2011, 11:25 AM

You sound like an admirer :dunno:

Cropley10
19-01-2011, 11:26 AM
I tend to look at the longer term picture. They still have debts, they still have to work on their infrastructure, they are still paying out more than they are taking in. They are still owned by Romanov.

I am far from happy at the position Hibs are in, but to go down the Yam route would be suicide. Our only way out of this mess is to grit our teeth and grind out results against teams around us.

We are not in the part of the league we would like to be in, but we are far from doomed. Unless of course we distract ourselves by protest groups, open letters and allow people who haven't got a scooby what's going on (no, not the board) to start having an influence on what's going on at ER.

Sadly, we are merely customers of Hibs, and anybody that thinks they are anything else is deluded. Anybody who thinks they can run the club needs locking up.

Without their customers there is no Hibernian FC.

However you describe what the Board are doing or have done, it isn't - over the piece - working. Some things are fundamentally wrong.

To demean those who do complain with comments about Russian hats, and open letters is wrong. Simply put we keep making the same mistakes, everyone is culpable in this - pretending otherwise will not have a positive effect.

The Falcon
19-01-2011, 11:29 AM
What he says....the PR at ER is a disgrace...there is not a chance in hell Petrie will say anything other than what you read above...we need STF to put the club up for sale for new investors to come but then again there's not a hope in hell of him doing that as long as the hospitality section is making money and him being able to shake a few hands on matchday then sneak away just before kick off :rolleyes:

Watch that we dont get knocked over in the rush.

The rest is pish btw.

lucky
19-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Hibs have got balance as wrong as Hearts. We don't send they overspend. We don't achieve on the park they achieve. I for one am pig sick of the spineless pish I pay my hard earned to watch. Hibs need to spend , failure to bring players in now will damage the club long term. As fans turn their backs on the club as drift to the 1st division

The Falcon
19-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Hibs have got balance as wrong as Hearts. We don't send they overspend. We don't achieve on the park they achieve. I for one am pig sick of the spineless pish I pay my hard earned to watch. Hibs need to spend , failure to bring players in now will damage the club long term. As fans turn their backs on the club as drift to the 1st division

This is pretty reasonable. But I dont know what we are expecting any statement to say? What players we are targetting? How much we are going to pay?

Whatever any statement said it would be ripped to bits either way so its probably best to say nothing at least until February.

TornadoHibby
19-01-2011, 11:57 AM

:top marks

Despite the vast number of "here's how to sort this mess out fast" or "the board must come clean and tell us what the business plan detail is for the next few years" type of posts on here recently, all of us fans will simply have to wait until something happens (or not) in the transfer window and, if it doesn't, we may well be waiting on relegation from the SPL! :cool2:

My boys were young the last time we went down and I treated the "year out" as an adventure going to most away games and all home games that season. My youngest lad, barely into secondary school then, recognised Boghead as a similar ground to those which he used to come and watch me play at when I played and couldn't believe that Hibs were playing on such a ground! :wink:

I'm not sure if I've got the desire to repeat that again and despite having great ST seats on the halfway line, I'm moving to a position where I may not renew next year and simply pick and choose my games rather than going to them all no matter what! :rolleyes:

Won't be long though before I have to make that decision for real! :confused:

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-01-2011, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=The Falcon;269916

The rest is pish btw.[/QUOTE]

According to you that is..