PDA

View Full Version : Would It Be Crazy To Change The Manager Again Or Crazy Not To?

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2011, 04:09 AM
I admit: I basically don't know.

500miles
19-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Unless Calderwood can get some change out of these players and any additions, I would send him on his way. He's got until February to get a win.

Cropley10
19-01-2011, 07:50 AM
No goals, no points, out the Cup, Motherwell and Rangers at home before month end.

Does Rod stick or twist? The situation has, incredibly, got worse not better.

A huge fortnight for Hibernian.

Gus Fring
19-01-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm at the stage now where I think we should give another manager a chance to get some sort of fight or reaction out of this team. If he does we can keep the players who have played better 2nd half of the season. If not, then let the new guy rebuild in the summer the same as we were going to let Calderwood do.

bighairyfaeleith
19-01-2011, 08:23 AM
If we got rid of him we wouldn't have a replacement until march. There are no good managers available that I can think of so the chances of getting anyone better and the chances of them being able to make a difference that quick with thie ***** squad we have are slim.

Stick and hope for the best.

James70
19-01-2011, 08:28 AM
We can't afford to pay off yet another manager's contract.

If he feels he faces an impossible task let him resign.

Whatever, we need to give him a chance to bring in his own men.

Are we just unlucky with the managers we appoint or is there a deeper rooted problem?

I get the impression that whenever we bring in someone new whether it be players or managers, rather than raising the standard, they get dragged down to our level.

It's almost like there is some sort of curse over ER.

s.a.m
19-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Genuinely don't know.
On the one hand, I think that our problems, at least in part, stem from the conveyor belt of managers and - as a direct result - players we've accumulated over the past few years. I think we need to get ourselves into a position where we have a settled and focused side, buying players gradually to complement what we've got, and fit in with the manager's plan. As opposed to the new manager / new approach / new job-lot of journeyman situation we've found ourselves in.

On the other hand, it's reasonable to expect that CC would have had some sort of reaction out of the team by now (other than making them worse, obviously....). I don't see what he thinks he's going to achieve by constantly shuffling a demoralised squad of players (a number of whom will know they have no on-going part to play in the club's future) around. And he doesn't look like he wants to be here. In fact he looks like a guy who's wandered into the wrong screen at the cinema - instead of the taut, contemporary thriller he paid for, he's watching a low-budget, spaghetti Western. But he's a bit embarassed by his mistake, so he's stuck with it.

Green_one
19-01-2011, 08:38 AM
By the time he is obviously a liability it will be too late to get rid of him. It would be the McLeish situation all over again, at best. Change but too late to alter the result. We should have ditched Yogi sooner and allowed a new man to build his own team. Now we are hanging on hoping.

Whatever happens we have got to support CC this season. If he falls short we need to get rid of him in the summer. Hopefully we are still in the SPL at that point.

God this is awful.

Hibee87
19-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Im execting to read in the papers today or the next couple of days at least is - Calderwood walks/sacked and Derek Adams to take control of team affairs till the end of the seaosn

GreenPJ
19-01-2011, 08:48 AM
From a purely financial viewpoint every time we change a manager we reduce the budget going towards new players (and boy do we need a big budget for that). As someone has already said what decent managers are around anyway to make a difference.

If we did change the manager and he got a bounce out of the existing players that to me says more about the players than it does about the manager that for 3 managers now they have not delivered consistently.

CC needs to stay, get the summer to change the squad around and judge him in the first 3 months of next season (hopefully that is still in the SPL).

Hopefully last night was Calderwood giving the opportunity to the "experienced" pros to prove themselves and they have done what they have done for months now and failed miserably. Youngsters and 3 good pros in this window will hopefully be enough to keep us up.

Higgy115
19-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Im execting to read in the papers today or the next couple of days at least is - Calderwood walks/sacked and Derek Adams to take control of team affairs till the end of the seaosn

I think i would take that situation now.....

Expecting Rain
19-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Because of the impending clearance at the end of the season and the departure of those who are leaving due to their contracts being up any manager would find himself in a very difficult situation, i`d keep the manager for the time being but we need to bring in at least three players on loan.
I`d still rather be in our position than Hearts and their massive debts, don`t forget for all they are cracked up to be they only managed to beat us with a late goal and recently lost in the cup to St Johnstone.

moggie
19-01-2011, 09:50 AM
I would seriously consider taking a look at the whole coaching staff as well, maybe its time things were totally freshened up.

Smartie
19-01-2011, 09:55 AM
He has to go.

This guy is going to do serious damage to our club. Those who use the financial arguments against sacking him - we simply cannot afford to keep him in place. His style of football is atrocious and nobody will buy a season ticket next year regardless of what division we're in. As a result his budget to get his hoofers in will be drastically reduced.

There's nothing I want to do on a Saturday other than go and watch Hibs, but at the moment there's no chance I'll be buying a season ticket next year. However, should CC get punted, and Adams get the job I'd be delighted. If he made an attempt to play decent football and have even some green shoots of recovery on show towards the end of the season then I might. I must say that I'm really excited about the idea of wholesale changes in the summer, and would love to see someone decent grasp the opportuntity that is there. CC is not that man.

Phil D. Rolls
19-01-2011, 09:57 AM
I think we have no option but to stick with the manager. It's a case of scraping together enough points to get to safety. The only games we have to worry about are those against Hamilton and St Mirren, our future rests on them.

Unfortunately I don't have a good feeling about our ability to get anything out of those games.

Albion Hibs
19-01-2011, 10:11 AM
This web site never fails to amaze me, and I mean never.

We have hounded out our past two managers with a section of fans deciding not to support hibs anymore, each time heading back when we start to win. Last year we finished 4th, say it again we finished 4th and qualified for Europe, yet that manager was not good enough. He was stripped of the best striker we have had for a long time on the last day of the transfer window and then expected to achieve the same results as before.

The majority of people on here demanded Yogis head and they got it. I said at the time we are going to end up being the Newcastle of Scottish football constantly saking manager to the extent that no one and I mean no one will even think about taking the job. So now people want the next scalp, our voting/decision making as fans provide to be as successful as a vote for the Lib dems and ending up with the Torys.

To criticise Calderwoods team selections seems ridiculous, he has tried to change things, so what, he has changed a losing team. It would be different if we were winning games before, but we were not. He has not had the chance to bring in his own players to put together a team he would like so what are we judging him on? Getting something out of a group of players that many are adamant having nothing, so how can he get something from nothing.

Our main problem this season is the problem we were always going to have, GOALS. We sold a player that contributed goals, set up goals and won his fair share of fouls in the box. We took the pressure off every other team we play by doing that, they know we have nothing up front so what is to risk by getting at us.

I did not want Yogi to go and I do not want Calderwood to go. I want him to have a fair chance at doing something to help us through the rest of the season and then working at preparing a good hibs team for next year.

So to answer the question IMO it would be crazy to change manager again.

moggie
19-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Did Calderwood change the team after we humped rangers??

Joe Baker II
19-01-2011, 10:20 AM
No obvious successor availalbe - and anyway problems predated Calderwood and will succeed him so will not make much difference sadly - though do not think anyone believes Hibs will get any better under him.

Unanimous view on way back last night was would be better if Petrie, O'Hagan and Hyland go to be honest, way club have treat supporters over many years is the real reason crowds falling not the manager, albeit many other SPL clubs are little better.

Cropley10
19-01-2011, 10:21 AM
This web site never fails to amaze me, and I mean never.

We have hounded out our past two managers with a section of fans deciding not to support hibs anymore, each time heading back when we start to win. Last year we finished 4th, say it again we finished 4th and qualified for Europe, yet that manager was not good enough. He was stripped of the best striker we have had for a long time on the last day of the transfer window and then expected to achieve the same results as before.

The majority of people on here demanded Yogis head and they got it. I said at the time we are going to end up being the Newcastle of Scottish football constantly saking manager to the extent that no one and I mean no one will even think about taking the job. So now people want the next scalp, our voting/decision making as fans provide to be as successful as a vote for the Lib dems and ending up with the Torys.

To criticise Calderwoods team selections seems ridiculous, he has tried to change things, so what, he has changed a losing team. It would be different if we were winning games before, but we were not. He has not had the chance to bring in his own players to put together a team he would like so what are we judging him on? Getting something out of a group of players that many are adamant having nothing, so how can he get something from nothing.

Our main problem this season is the problem we were always going to have, GOALS. We sold a player that contributed goals, set up goals and won his fair share of fouls in the box. We took the pressure off every other team we play by doing that, they know we have nothing up front so what is to risk by getting at us.

I did not want Yogi to go and I do not want Calderwood to go. I want him to have a fair chance at doing something to help us through the rest of the season and then working at preparing a good hibs team for next year.

So to answer the question IMO it would be crazy to change manager again.

Fortunately Albion you're not in charge. Luckily we have a highly paid and very talented Board who are.

Trouble they have is stick or twist? Back or sack? Will they look to back the manager sufficiently, perhaps more than they would want to afford to do so? Or will they hedge - worrying what might happen if we still get relegated.

It's a HUGE fortnight for the Club

:flag:

If you haven't already can I suggest you read the following OP

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?202195-An-Idiots-guide-to-management

The problem I have is I have not seen a single thing yet that tells me that Calderwood has any idea of what he's doing. Hope I'm wrong.

down the slope
19-01-2011, 10:23 AM
We have sold two internationalists in the past six months and bought what ?, you could juggle our squad anyway you want and they will not get any better. We have a lack of class in every area now and until we replace the duds we will never improve , remember the last time we were in this position and we got Sauzee , Latapy etc ?, buy a bit of class now or prepare for years in the wilderness-over to you Rod !.