PDA

View Full Version : Ayr v Hibs pass Marks

down-the-slope
18-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Taking account of the fact that I was behind one goal and so had limited view of proceedings at the other end (maybe just as well)and was hell bent on trying to enjoy myself :wink: this is how I saw it

Smith - 3 - Well another question answered for the manager. We need another keeper. Should have saved goal and spilled it several times...Kicking ..ye gods

Hart - 2 - Very poor both defensivley and offering nothing going forward
Dickoh - 7 - Best of the bunch and did well considering he was having to cover for Murray all the time and having to push into midfield to make some of the tackles passes they wern't
Murray - 3 - Sad to see a once proud player look so lost. No pace and was suspect positionally all night. Gifted space for goal and then when had chance to redeem and make tackle, just watched as he was waltzed round.
Hanlon - 5 - Bad desicion to move him from CH where he was needed. Decent enough but little support for the ineffectice Riordan on that side

McBride - 3 - A player I like, but has little pace. His place is holding mid with game in front of him not RM. He was never going to get round full back and never
did.
Rankin - 5 - Best of a pretty shameful midfield. Did put in tackles and made several telling passes through to front players, with them mostly on their heels and not taking advantage of
Miller - 4 - Started brightly putting in a few challenges and keeping the ball...when it got more of a battle he faded
Riorden - 3 - Struggling to remember last time I gave him pass marks. Moaned and huffed and mostly chose the wrong option. When you can't make space past 2nd div defenders you know you have lost it

Duffy - 5 - Seemed the only one prepared to drop off and receive the ball to make space and try and bring others in to play, mostly wasted by woefull attempts at crossing when it did get out wide. Needs someone to partner with.
Nish - 2 - I'm no Nish Basher...but how many headers did attempt and just completly miss ? In his defence the keeper couldn't hit a coo's arse with a banjo and when it was obvious the ball was supposed to be played to Nish it often went to opposite side leaving Nish scrambling across pitch...just in time to jump under the ball.

Subs

Booth - 5 - Never gave it away, was making himself available. Should have punted Murry at HT when it was obvious he was having a howler, got Hanlon back in the middle and Booth on then.
Spoony - 5 - Tried to bring some urgency down right side, but was not helped by being left as Zemamma drifted into the middle often. Again should have been on earlier
Zemmama - 4 -Did get some passing going but ran into traffic too often. Not sure if instructions or him that decided coming inside most of the time was the way to go. Felt we needed to get to the line and have decent crosses to get any where.

Manager - 4 - Only so much he can do with hands hes dealt. Could see his idea was to put all the older more experienced pro's on to start, probably hoping they would handle pressure / not want a defeat on their CV's....should have changed earlier when Murray and Hart were having stinkers

Fans - 9 - Enjoyed being part of a noisy support that was determined to enjoy themselves

500miles
19-01-2011, 05:28 AM
Taking account of the fact that I was behind one goal and so had limited view of proceedings at the other end (maybe just as well)and was hell bent on trying to enjoy myself :wink: this is how I saw it

Smith - 3 - Well another question answered for the manager. We need another keeper. Should have saved goal and spilled it several times...Kicking ..ye gods

Hart - 2 - Very poor both defensivley and offering nothing going forward
Dickoh - 7 - Best of the bunch and did well considering he was having to cover for Murray all the time and having to push into midfield to make some of the tackles passes they wern't
Murray - 3 - Sad to see a once proud player look so lost. No pace and was suspect positionally all night. Gifted space for goal and then when had chance to redeem and make tackle, just watched as he was waltzed round.
Hanlon - 5 - Bad desicion to move him from CH where he was needed. Decent enough but little support for the ineffectice Riordan on that side

McBride - 3 - A player I like, but has little pace. His place is holding mid with game in front of him not RM. He was never going to get round full back and never
did.
Rankin - 5 - Best of a pretty shameful midfield. Did put in tackles and made several telling passes through to front players, with them mostly on their heels and not taking advantage of
Miller - 4 - Started brightly putting in a few challenges and keeping the ball...when it got more of a battle he faded
Riorden - 3 - Struggling to remember last time I gave him pass marks. Moaned and huffed and mostly chose the wrong option. When you can't make space past 2nd div defenders you know you have lost it

Duffy - 5 - Seemed the only one prepared to drop off and receive the ball to make space and try and bring others in to play, mostly wasted by woefull attempts at crossing when it did get out wide. Needs someone to partner with.
Nish - 2 - I'm no Nish Basher...but how many headers did attempt and just completly miss ? In his defence the keeper couldn't hit a coo's arse with a banjo and when it was obvious the ball was supposed to be played to Nish it often went to opposite side leaving Nish scrambling across pitch...just in time to jump under the ball.

Subs

Booth - 5 - Never gave it away, was making himself available. Should have punted Murry at HT when it was obvious he was having a howler, got Hanlon back in the middle and Booth on then.
Spoony - 5 - Tried to bring some urgency down right side, but was not helped by being left as Zemamma drifted into the middle often. Again should have been on earlier
Zemmama - 4 -Did get some passing going but ran into traffic too often. Not sure if instructions or him that decided coming inside most of the time was the way to go. Felt we needed to get to the line and have decent crosses to get any where.

Manager - 4 - Only so much he can do with hands hes dealt. Could see his idea was to put all the older more experienced pro's on to start, probably hoping they would handle pressure / not want a defeat on their CV's....should have changed earlier when Murray and Hart were having stinkers

Fans - 9 - Enjoyed being part of a noisy support that was determined to enjoy themselves

I watched the first half hour and the last half hour, and disagree about Nish. He seemed to win most of the balls in the air, either getting them straight into feet, or into space. In fact, the only really poor touch from him was one flick which went out for a bi-kick. For me, he certainly didn't look our poorest player, especially when you consider how much Riordan gave the ball away. The balls to him in the air were, most of the time, very poor, and he was far from favourite for many of them.

Riordan may be "past it" at 27.

Last night proved that Murray lacks the awareness to be centre half.

Zemmama also disappointed me. Choose to attempt things to cover himself in glory rather than the simpler, potentially just as effective ball.

Rankin looked like a one man midfield. Always seemed to have to cover 3 Ayr players, resulting in him arriving late for challanges and giving away too many fouls. For me, that Miller and McBride left too much for him to do.

Liam Miller has to go.

Kevin McBride is no longer what the team needs.

Hart is past it.

Booth needed more time.

Byrne should have been on the bench.

Galbraith should have been on in place of Riordan after 70 minutes to use his pace to get behind defenders and run on to Nish's flicks and loose headers.

In saying that, although we were poor, we dominated chances, possession and territory. It's a sad reflect of the confidence of some and the attitude of others.

oregonhibby
19-01-2011, 06:11 AM
A team bereft of confidence. The quality of the passing was very very poor compared to Ayr who passed and moved into space to collect a pass. Our control of the ball at times was non existent. Second touch was a tackle to use the vernacular.

The first thing Riordan did was to complain about a miss-placed pass. I personally cannot understand why he starts a game at the moment. I could forgive someone who is having a howler of a game but who battles and tries. As a luxury I have always admired his finishing (Celtic game at Parkhead) but we don't need luxuries at the moment.

Nish takes a lot of abuse but any player needs to work in a system that suits their attributes. I would play Byrne before Riordan and partner him with Nish. Or as a minimum find a system that works and play players that work in that system.

No point talking about midfield because we don't seem to have one and we certainly don't use it - although we seldom have in the last 3 or 4 years.

Of the back 4 only Dichot gets pass marks from me even though he was pulled all over the place. Ian Murray I am afraid is showing all the signs of age, too slow in thought and pace. Hibs through and through and always wholehearted - a great servant.

Hart is the biggest disappointment for me given his experience. He lacks pace and judgement and can't seem to cross. Hanlon was played out of position, in my view.

We need to survive at all costs, including bringing in a couple of players, and allow a whole new squad to be built in the summer. Everybody is against us at the moment, including we the fans. The media is waiting for us to fall and take every opportunity to highlight the obvious winding us all up further.

No one wants to do a bad job but poor quality is always found out in the long run. It would be better if we all rallied round the Club and the players and the manager and use the abuse we are taking as a spur.

I imagine everyone at Easter Road knows exactly the predicament we are in and will want to avoid relegation. It cost £2.5m to get up last time (Falkirk apparently will lose £2m this season) and the world is a different place today than it was 10 years ago.

We are allowed to criticise, as I have done above, but put yourself in their position and imagine what it is like to take the very personal abuse that sometimes comes over. Seldom is performance improved by balling and shouting - with exceptions.

Just a view!

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I watched the first half hour and the last half hour, and disagree about Nish. He seemed to win most of the balls in the air, either getting them straight into feet, or into space. In fact, the only really poor touch from him was one flick which went out for a bi-kick. For me, he certainly didn't look our poorest player, especially when you consider how much Riordan gave the ball away. The balls to him in the air were, most of the time, very poor, and he was far from favourite for many of them.

Riordan may be "past it" at 27.

Last night proved that Murray lacks the awareness to be centre half.

Zemmama also disappointed me. Choose to attempt things to cover himself in glory rather than the simpler, potentially just as effective ball.

Rankin looked like a one man midfield. Always seemed to have to cover 3 Ayr players, resulting in him arriving late for challanges and giving away too many fouls. For me, that Miller and McBride left too much for him to do.

Liam Miller has to go.

Kevin McBride is no longer what the team needs.

Hart is past it.

Booth needed more time.

Byrne should have been on the bench.

Galbraith should have been on in place of Riordan after 70 minutes to use his pace to get behind defenders and run on to Nish's flicks and loose headers.

In saying that, although we were poor, we dominated chances, possession and territory. It's a sad reflect of the confidence of some and the attitude of others.

:agree: agree with all of that...except about Nish may have had an ok first half (as I said not my usualhalfway line view) second half however right behind goals and he jumped / moved for the bal 6 times totally missing it - we had a couple of Tranmere supporters standing with us (up working in the area) they could not beleive it and were playing a guessing game of when will your No.9 next reach a header by the end :rolleyes:

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 10:27 AM
We need to survive at all costs, including bringing in a couple of players, and allow a whole new squad to be built in the summer. Everybody is against us at the moment, including we the fans. The media is waiting for us to fall and take every opportunity to highlight the obvious winding us all up further.

No one wants to do a bad job but poor quality is always found out in the long run. It would be better if we all rallied round the Club and the players and the manager and use the abuse we are taking as a spur.

I imagine everyone at Easter Road knows exactly the predicament we are in and will want to avoid relegation. It cost £2.5m to get up last time (Falkirk apparently will lose £2m this season) and the world is a different place today than it was 10 years ago.

We are allowed to criticise, as I have done above, but put yourself in their position and imagine what it is like to take the very personal abuse that sometimes comes over. Seldom is performance improved by balling and shouting - with exceptions.

Just a view!

while I agree with that in general, there was nothing but support for the players yesterday...the one proud part of last night was the way the fans supported the team...its been years since I have seen a Hibs support giving so much over 90 mins....it was only last 5/10 mins when a chant or two was aimed at the board (and a humour filled were Tom Kite and we know we are)

And it made little evidenced difference to the level of passion shown by most...in fact if you looked at the bench there was more being shown there than on the pitch

moggie
19-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Your correct about nish and his "non headers" , i said the same thing myself :rolleyes: