PDA

View Full Version : Drop Deeks

since90plustwo
19-01-2011, 12:17 AM
as much as i like him, he does nothing for the team except moan. he shows no heart what so ever. i would rather see players like byrne given a chance ahead of him. he gets far too much shelter on here cause hes the goldenboy, but IMO i think he needs to be dropped ASAP! thoughts?

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 12:19 AM
as much as i like him, he does nothing for the team except moan. he shows no heart what so ever. i would rather see players like byrne given a chance ahead of him. he gets far too much shelter on here cause hes the goldenboy, but IMO i think he needs to be dropped ASAP! thoughts?

I think there are many I would like to drop before Deeks.

Beefster
19-01-2011, 12:26 AM
I think there are many I would like to drop before Deeks.

Most of the other players have been dropped at some point or another.

Jim44
19-01-2011, 12:27 AM

I'd go further and say that maybe he should move on during this window. He is clearly unhappy playing in a team which is almost certain to be relegated and he will move on in summer anyway, survival or no survival. The team is stagnant and he is part of it. We need a good clean out and I don't think it really matters who goes. as long as the obvious dross goes with it. The club has reached a watershed and drastic change is the only solution. If we carry on with the rubbish we have, we will regret not trying something new when we are beyond the point of no return which is only a few matches away.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Most of the other players have been dropped at some point or another.

I think CC must have been dropped on his head at sometime, when you see some of his selections and tactics.

Wotherspiniesta
19-01-2011, 12:37 AM
I'd drop him.

Derek is talented, no question about it, and when on form he's a top class finisher.

However, he's too slow in possesion and becoming too predictable (always cutting inside to try and shoot).

One of the main problems with this current lot is the lack of pace and urgency and I reckon we should play Galbraith wide left and bring Derek on when defenders are more tired mentally.

Perspective
19-01-2011, 12:46 AM
People must be running out of excuses for him by now.

The likes of Riordan and Miller should be dominating games like tonight against inferior opposition. The fact neither came close says much for their character.

Still wince every time I see Miller pull out of a 70-30 tackle.

DH1875
19-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Don't think he will be here much longer anyway.

Bad Martini
19-01-2011, 01:10 AM
I'd drop the ****ing lot of them, dropping Brown and Riordan last if you forced me to pick an order simply because without Brown keeping the out (his crap kicking aside) and Riordan putting them in (his bad form aside) we'd be even WORSE than we are now.

Facts.:agree:

GreenPJ
19-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Don't think he will be here much longer anyway.

Who is going to put in a bid for him based on the last few weeks performances.

Golden Bear
19-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Who is going to put in a bid for him based on the last few weeks performances.

:agree:

You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

Allegedly.

Thecat23
19-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Deeks is having a mare with the rest, and he should be dropped. He just isn't putting in the shift for us when it's needed. I know either are the rest but Derek really doesn't look like he wants to be here, and if he went i can honestly say i won't miss him or any of that mob.

Andy74
19-01-2011, 09:26 AM
I couldn't make an argument for keeping anyone right now so who cares? Everyone out of contract should go and let's start again.

khib70
19-01-2011, 09:40 AM
People must be running out of excuses for him by now.

The likes of Riordan and Miller should be dominating games like tonight against inferior opposition. The fact neither came close says much for their character.

Still wince every time I see Miller pull out of a 70-30 tackle.
:agree:100%

His body language, his selfish use of the ball, and his complete lack of any real effort, speak volumes. On at least two occasions he attempted a shot when there were far better passing options.

Both he and Miller (equally ineffective last night) need better players around them, but better players aren't going to magically appear. If they're not prepared to at least put in the effort, they should move on.

Those who are prepared to forgive him anything on the basis of the occasional wonder goal should, like him, start thinking about the team and not the individual.

At least Ian Murray, though rapidly becoming a defensive liability, can't be faulted for effort and committment.

soproni1
19-01-2011, 10:40 AM
:agree:100%

His body language, his selfish use of the ball, and his complete lack of any real effort, speak volumes. On at least two occasions he attempted a shot when there were far better passing options.

Both he and Miller (equally ineffective last night) need better players around them, but better players aren't going to magically appear. If they're not prepared to at least put in the effort, they should move on.

Those who are prepared to forgive him anything on the basis of the occasional wonder goal should, like him, start thinking about the team and not the individual.

At least Ian Murray, though rapidly becoming a defensive liability, can't be faulted for effort and committment.

Thats what got me last night, I could count on one hand the amount of times he passed to one of our players (not that he was the only one - but he, unlike others, has the talent to do so).

However, would you want to pass to Nish or Rankin?

Expecting Rain
19-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Dropping one of our best players if not the best is not a good suggestion.

khib70
19-01-2011, 10:49 AM
On what evidence is he anything other than one of our worst players on current form? Do we keep players in the team based on their past exploits and reputation? Can we afford passengers in a relegation battle? When a team effort is essential can we afford to retain someone who sees his team mates as simply there to moan at?

No one is indispensable, and Deek needs to learn that - the hard way if necessary.

bobhfc
19-01-2011, 10:53 AM

he is so lazy and moans at everything

Tollhouse Hibee
19-01-2011, 11:00 AM
he was terrible last night.

he has been terrible for weeks.

Expecting Rain
19-01-2011, 11:02 AM
On what evidence is he anything other than one of our worst players on current form? Do we keep players in the team based on their past exploits and reputation? Can we afford passengers in a relegation battle? When a team effort is essential can we afford to retain someone who sees his team mates as simply there to moan at?

No one is indispensable, and Deek needs to learn that - the hard way if necessary.

Here we go again, Riordan is not beyond criticism but i suppose he is to blame for our goals against including the one last night, our inability to hold the ball or tackle in midfield, our inability to stop team getting in easy crosses, i suppose he is to blame for Rankin`s pass back shot, i suppose he was to blame for the last two goals we conceded against Hearts and Celtic where the right back and the centre back both went to accross to deal with the winger or the opposing striker leaving nobody to defend the centre of the defence, i suppose he is to blame for the team selections and the tactics we employ, if not we could always drop him for being huffy. There is a queue forming for players to criticise with such intensity before we get to him.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 11:04 AM
he was terrible last night.

he has been terrible for weeks.

Just one of a terrible team.
He scores goals (though not lately granted), that is what he is good at, no more, no less. He can't do it all himself.

khib70
19-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Here we go again, Riordan is not beyond criticism but i suppose he is to blame for our goals against including the one last night, our inability to hold the ball or tackle in midfield, our inability to stop team getting in easy crosses, i suppose he is to blame for Rankin`s pass back shot, i suppose he was to blame for the last two goals we conceded against Hearts and Celtic where the right back and the centre back both went to accross to deal with the winger or the opposing striker leaving nobody to defend the centre of the defence, i suppose he is to blame for the team selections and the tactics we employ, if not we could always drop him for being huffy. There is a queue forming for players to criticise with such intensity before we get to him.

No there isn't. He's one of the highest paid and has the biggest reputation, and he's consistently failed to earn either.

Ayr's goal was a shocker, but it wouldn't have mattered had he passed the ball to a team mate in a better position at least twice, or not shot straight at the keeper another couple of times. We're in a desperate position, and, I repeat, cannot afford passengers. Not even those with impressive but out of date CV's

moggie
19-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Ive not been the biggest fan of riordan lately but i can understand why he doesnt want to pass the ball, hes the one who wants to get the ball in the back off the net and get us out of this mess, but there again i might be talking mince. Its hard to actually think straight with anything going on at our club just now.

Expecting Rain
19-01-2011, 11:12 AM
No there isn't. He's one of the highest paid and has the biggest reputation, and he's consistently failed to earn either.

Ayr's goal was a shocker, but it wouldn't have mattered had he passed the ball to a team mate in a better position at least twice, or not shot straight at the keeper another couple of times. We're in a desperate position, and, I repeat, cannot afford passengers. Not even those with impressive but out of date CV's

As Erskine pointed out he can`t win games on his own, football is a team game that requires a balance where players with different attributes compliment each other, i`d rather have Riordan in my starting eleven than having him play against us. If his body language suggests petulance well he is as frustrated as the rest of us.

JimBHibees
19-01-2011, 11:21 AM
I couldn't make an argument for keeping anyone right now so who cares? Everyone out of contract should go and let's start again.

Agree.

RIP
19-01-2011, 11:22 AM
My son Cammy (12) has plays centre half for Crieff Juniors, at team by the way with 5 Hibbies. Other than the keeper they are slight, some are short but all fight for the cause.

Cammy was discussing Derek on the way back to Perth in the car. He said how was it given the fact he was a Hibby that he had such poor workrate. Was this, combined with lifestyle issues, why Strachan never played him.

Cam said imagine having Deeks in your team, his selfishness, his moaning, his low effort, his poor on-field discipline. Must be a nightmare for team unity.

I'm no footballer but am beginning to see that point of view. Along with Murray, his legs and touch have suddenly gone - and he's not even 30!!

Thecat23
19-01-2011, 11:22 AM

Mate i see what you're saying but Deeks has been one of the worst players for Hibs in recent weeks. He's a forward who hasn't looked like scoring at all. Nish gets it tight, so should he.

Thecat23
19-01-2011, 11:25 AM
My son Cammy (12) has plays centre half for Crieff Juniors, at team by the way with 5 Hibbies. Other than the keeper they are slight, some are short but all fight for the cause.

Cammy was discussing Derek on the way back to Perth in the car. He said how was it given the fact he was a Hibby that he had such poor workrate. Was this, combined with lifestyle issues, why Strachan never played him.

Cam said imagine having Deeks in your team, his selfishness, his moaning, his low effort, his poor on-field discipline. Must be a nightmare for team unity.

I'm no footballer but am beginning to see that point of view. Along with Murray, his legs and touch have suddenly gone - and he's not even 30!!

:top marks good post mate, makes you think about the attitude and lifestyle. I think it's best we bin the lot and start again. Because something is rotten in the dressing room, and i think all of them are to blame.

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Mate i see what you're saying but Deeks has been one of the worst players for Hibs in recent weeks. He's a forward who hasn't looked like scoring at all. Nish gets it tight, so should he.So he should - his 30 yard 'sprint' to get himself injured was one of the craziest things i've saw on a fitba pitch.

Back to Deeks - he's been playing pish but dropping our top scorer and ONLY goal threat will be a fast-track to relegation for sure!

Madness! :crazy: