PDA

View Full Version : Just in from match

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 12:00 AM
190 mile round trip ...9 hours from leaving till back.....crap traffic between junctions 13-22 on M8 due to accident...got back 95 miles in hour and 40 thogh :greengrin

Had a massive Mixed Grill in the Wetherspoons in town before heading to game

I must be mental but really enjoyed it result excepted. Good terrace humour, and as I posted from ground it was like waking up in the 70's...shabby ground / smoking / signing from start to finish / terracing / hardly any police / no segregation after match...fair took me back

The rendition of Man U's 'We paid for your hats...we paid for your hats...what a waste of council tax...we paid for you hats ....' at the two coppers who came to find out who was chucking fire crakers being the cream

I thought the players put in the effort...but confirmed they don't have the quality (or cant utilise it)

Top marks to all who were there

lucky
19-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Top song of the night was ''SPL your having a laugh'' sung by the Hibs support. Made me chuckle anyway.

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Top song of the night was ''SPL your having a laugh'' sung by the Hibs support. Made me chuckle anyway.

:greengrin Aye that as well - they say sense of humour is last thing to go...just a well really

NthCarolinaHibs
19-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Well done to you Slopey and the other Hibees making the treck :not worth Was murder to watch...even at this distance..

At The Edge
19-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Also tonight was a good version of 'we're yite and we know are, we're yite and you know we are'

made me laugh.:agree:

NthCarolinaHibs
19-01-2011, 12:40 AM
As long as you're happy then eh...:aok:

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 12:27 PM
As posted last night I found it oddly enjoyable....:rolleyes: In fact had it not been for the match it would have been more so :wink:

Got me thinking about recent years when we were playing well and winning (I know it seems an eternity) but actually did not enjoy a lot of 'games' anymore than I did last night! I suppose I now realise how much the match day experience has been sanitised, and that as long as passion and fight were only display we used to put up with pretty honking technical ability in the context of a graet day out...going further back in time

Maybe I am being unrealistic but can we not have both :greengrin brilliant atmosphere (safe standing is one of the keys here) and a technically good passionate team as well?

I can dream I suppose

scoopyboy
19-01-2011, 12:37 PM
190 mile round trip ...9 hours from leaving till back.....crap traffic between junctions 13-22 on M8 due to accident...got back 95 miles in hour and 40 thogh :greengrin

Had a massive Mixed Grill in the Wetherspoons in town before heading to game

I must be mental but really enjoyed it result excepted. Good terrace humour, and as I posted from ground it was like waking up in the 70's...shabby ground / smoking / signing from start to finish / terracing / hardly any police / no segregation after match...fair took me back

The rendition of Man U's 'We paid for your hats...we paid for your hats...what a waste of council tax...we paid for you hats ....' at the two coppers who came to find out who was chucking fire crakers being the cream

I thought the players put in the effort...but confirmed they don't have the quality (or cant utilise it)

Top marks to all who were there

I was sitting in the main stand and I thought the ground would be ideal for filming an episode of Life on Mars or Ashes to Ashes.

Apart from possibly the goalnets there was nothing to say you weren't back to the 70s or 80s.

If we had won its fair to say I would have enjoyed my evening!!!!!!

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Scoopy that exactly it..70's early 80's...Bosman hadn't been heard of....teams with passion due to a majority of squad being 'local' lads...two sets of fans intent on enjoying their day / evening out...the catering options being red or brown with your pie...toilets being code for open air hole / bit of sloping gutter....folding stuff with queens head on to get in...etc etc

Anyway...how were things in the relative luxury of the Main Stand (think over sized tree house:greengrin) Were the board getting any advice from the likes of your good self?

scoopyboy
19-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Scoopy that exactly it..70's early 80's...Bosman hadn't been heard of....teams with passion due to a majority of squad being 'local' lads...two sets of fans intent on enjoying their day / evening out...the catering options being red or brown with your pie...toilets being code for open air hole / bit of sloping gutter....folding stuff with queens head on to get in...etc etc

Anyway...how were things in the relative luxury of the Main Stand (think over sized tree house:greengrin) Were the board getting any advice from the likes of your good self?

The stand is terrible, but brought back happy memories.

Were in what I would describe as the "wing stand", well out of the way of the board who I imagine would be in the middle.

Regarding your length of trip I had long one as well. Got phone call at half time to say my Mum had to be taken to hospital. Got back to Tranent at about midnight, jumped in car and up to ERI to pick up old dear then back with her to Macmerry. Sat and had a cup of tea with her before she went to bed which meant I got to mine at about 2. Alarm going off at six completed a memorable 14 hour trip - not.

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 01:08 PM
The stand is terrible, but brought back happy memories.

Were in what I would describe as the "wing stand", well out of the way of the board who I imagine would be in the middle.

Regarding your length of trip I had long one as well. Got phone call at half time to say my Mum had to be taken to hospital. Got back to Tranent at about midnight, jumped in car and up to ERI to pick up old dear then back with her to Macmerry. Sat and had a cup of tea with her before she went to bed which meant I got to mine at about 2. Alarm going off at six completed a memorable 14 hour trip - not.
Jings thats a long time (i'm out past you near Saltoun) hope your Mum is OK?

nearing the end when we actually had ball cleared off the line / keeper made another great save / 2 shots going in deflected wide (all in 5 mins)..turned to my Brother and said what do you reckon. If we don't score we are out..if we do then another half an hour...he looked crest fallen....'no point we will just bugger up the penalties'....had to laugh

Lendo
19-01-2011, 01:08 PM
At least now we're out of the Cup we can focus on not getting relegated.

scoopyboy
19-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Jings thats a long time (i'm out past you near Saltoun) hope your Mum is OK?

nearing the end when we actually had ball cleared off the line / keeper made another great save / 2 shots going in deflected wide (all in 5 mins)..turned to my Brother and said what do you reckon. If we don't score we are out..if we do then another half an hour...he looked crest fallen....'no point we will just bugger up the penalties'....had to laugh

Mum is fine thanks.

My granny and grandad used to manage Saltoun Home Farm so I know the area well.