PDA

View Full Version : is there any manager who could sort out this mess?

AgentDaleCooper
18-01-2011, 11:51 PM
i'd say - within our price range, no.

3pm
18-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Of course there are. We need a good appoinment and patience.

lucky
19-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Pa Broon has shown what expreince can do at Aberdeen and Motherwell. I would sack CC and bring in his name sake til the end of the season.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Of course there are. We need a good appoinment and patience.

Who is to say we don't have one???

Patience, though, is in very short supply.

RickyS
19-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Pa Broon has shown what expreince can do at Aberdeen and Motherwell. I would sack CC and bring in his name sake til the end of the season.

said the same thing, know it would not be popular but a steady pair of hands no doubt about it.

3pm
19-01-2011, 12:03 AM

Patience, though, is in very short supply.

Lets be honest Erskine, it's not looking good.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Lets be honest Erskine, it's not looking good.

What isn't??

Not looking good to stay up?

Not looking good for time??

Not looking good to bring in the players we desperately need??

You can only piss with the cock your given and in CC's case he has been given f@nnies.

Newhaven
19-01-2011, 12:10 AM

For a start CC's boss Mr Petrie when he sees the season ticket sales for the 2011-12 season. We couldn't even give them away on a Buy One Get One Free promotion..

eastmainsmsh
19-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Curley Watts with Reg Holdsworth as DOF :greengrin

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 12:17 AM
For a start CC's boss Mr Petrie when he sees the season ticket sales for the 2011-12 season. We couldn't even give them away on a Buy One Get One Free promotion..

So what is he going to do, sack him and waste more time and money??

It's clear that we need investment and more than a little patience to get out of this one. Now is not the time to judge CC, it is totally unfair to the guy. After all he has had no chance to change things around with the squad. This season was a write off from the start when they left Yogi in charge after the end of the season we had.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Why is it a manager cant manage someone else's side, why can they only manage a team once they have brought their own players in?:confused:

hibs0666
19-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Why is it a manager cant manage someone else's side, why can they only manage a team once they have brought their own players in?:confused:

It depends if that team is a turd, and Calderwood's team is one huge, fly-infested dollop of turd.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 12:28 AM

Because the side is s**t.
Every manager has his own ideas of the players he wants to do the job he wants them to do.
Unfortunately CC can do very little to change that at the moment, so we are stuck with the duffers we have.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 12:30 AM
It depends if that team is a turd, and Calderwood's team is one huge, fly-infested dollop of turd.

Because the side is s**t.
Every manager has his own ideas of the players he wants to do the job he wants them to do.
Unfortunately CC can do very little to change that at the moment, so we are stuck with the duffers we have.

So we just accept this team will be relegated then, there's nothing CC can do?

hibs0666
19-01-2011, 12:32 AM

Of course there is, but involves getting new bodies in. That existing team will see Hibs down, no question.

Newhaven
19-01-2011, 12:32 AM
So what is he going to do, sack him and waste more time and money??

It's clear that we need investment and more than a little patience to get out of this one. Now is not the time to judge CC, it is totally unfair to the guy. After all he has had no chance to change things around with the squad. This season was a write off from the start when they left Yogi in charge after the end of the season we had.

Yes I think the time has come for us to part company with CC. If we did it with Sauzee so soon we should do it with CC. This 'Yogi's team' a lot of people seem to be trotting out can only wash for so long. Will it still be Yogi's team that takes us into the SFL?

Yogi went on the 4th of October. Were now at the 19th of January with CC still trying to get his best team on the park and less than 2 weeks to bring in new players PLUS Bamba gone a mighty 1 second into the transfer window.

Results haven't improved at all (Ibrox aside) and were probably worse off since Hughes left and out of the cup to the mighty part timers from Ayr.

I think Petrie thought he would find another gem like Mowbray was - a total left field appointment - alas were left with a guy who does not appear to motivate the players or get the best from them (if that's possible)

Cut our losses and ditch him or we'll be playing to Morton in a 20,000 capacity with approx 6k in the ground come 2012

hibs0666
19-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Yes I think the time has come for us to part company with CC. If we did it with Sauzee so soon we should do it with CC. This 'Yogi's team' a lot of people seem to be trotting out can only wash for so long. Will it still be Yogi's team that takes us into the SFL?

Yogi went on the 4th of October. Were now at the 19th of January with CC still trying to get his best team on the park and less than 2 weeks to bring in new players PLUS Bamba gone a mighty 1 second into the transfer window.

Results haven't improved at all (Ibrox aside) and were probably worse off since Hughes left and out of the cup to the mighty part timers from Ayr.

I think Petrie thought he would find another gem like Mowbray was - a total left field appointment - alas were left with a guy who does not appear to motivate the players or get the best from them (if that's possible)

Cut our losses and ditch him or we'll be playing to Morton in a 20,000 capacity with approx 6k in the ground come 2012

That course of action is 100% guaranteed to see us relegated.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 12:34 AM

That could possibly be the case, though I think we will get one or two players in this window.
Hopefully this will see us through till the end of the season and SPL safety, then he can start rebuilding for next season.

Newhaven
19-01-2011, 12:35 AM
That course of action is 100% guaranteed to see us relegated.

As opposed to gambling with the 1% chance he can keep us up :confused:

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 12:36 AM
That could possibly be the case, though I think we will get one or two players in this window.
Hopefully this will see us through till the end of the season and SPL safety, then he can start rebuilding for next season.

:pray:

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 12:42 AM

So apart from Bamba going, what difference is there in the team that Yogi gave us??
It is Yogi's team, a team that has been on terminal decline since the end of January last year.
CC needs to be given an opportunity to show what he can do with his own personell, it's the least we should allow him.

hibs0666
19-01-2011, 12:43 AM

1%? Let's get real here.

This is not a time to panic, but it is a time where inaction is not an option as we are in a three-way battle to stay up.

The team has proven itself incapable of everything thrown at it, except taking Hibs down a division.

The team needs to change and that change needs to happen now. Calderwood has identified who he wants and it is now up to Petrie to deliver.

Changing a manager now would mean no new players, and would result in relegation becoming inevitable - we simply cannot afford to be driven by panic.

Newhaven
19-01-2011, 12:46 AM
So apart from Bamba going, what difference is there in the team that Yogi gave us??
It is Yogi's team, a team that has been on terminal decline since the end of January last year.
CC needs to be given an opportunity to show what he can do with his own personell, it's the least we should allow him.

Chris Hogg and McBride for starters.

I only hope CC isn't given the chance to prove what calibre of player he can bring in when were in the first division.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 12:49 AM

So do you think getting, or trying to get, someone else in at this stage of the season will help any??
What will that do to the already disillusioned players??
3 managers in one season?? we will be a laughing stock...oh yes much, much more than at present.
I would have preferred that we had got rid of Yogi before the end of last season when it was clear that he wasn't up to it, to give the new guy at least a little chance...that was down to RP...he gambled...he failed and now we are paying the price.

Bad Martini
19-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Calderwood wasn't right to start with.

He's no more right now than he was when we brought him in.

YES, he inheritted Yogi's side. They CAN play. They beat the huns. HE cannot get the best out of them coupled with the fact he hasn't lost them but actually, never had them then add to the mix the team wasn't really good enough to start with in all honesty but, passable (just) and where are we? Going nowhere.

Same parallel at Liverpool. Hodgson's team were getting slapped from the bottom of the table teams to the top and all in between.

Same players, different manager and there's a marked improvement ALL over the pitch.

There's an attempt and some guile to get something and the MANNER in which hte team his playing has changed beyond belief.

Bottom line; the man in charge carries the can. Rightly or wrongly. Thats life. In this case, with us, CC carries the can and IMHO, he wasnt right from day 1.

Neither, was Sauzee. A country mile ahead of the team he inherrited but, too much of a nice guy. A legend in fact. A player we've no seen the quality of for manys a year. BUt, not a good manager at that point in time.

IF WE DONT sort our position now, managerially, we are ****ed and will have the best training complex, stadium and "infrastructure" in division one. FACT.

ENDOF

Newhaven
19-01-2011, 12:52 AM
1%? Let's get real here.

This is not a time to panic, but it is a time where inaction is not an option as we are in a three-way battle to stay up.

The team has proven itself incapable of everything thrown at it, except taking Hibs down a division.

The team needs to change and that change needs to happen now. Calderwood has identified who he wants and it is now up to Petrie to deliver.

Changing a manager now would mean no new players, and would result in relegation becoming inevitable - we simply cannot afford to be driven by panic.

Well as I stated we drastically need new players as we are murder. Who has CC got coming in that he's waiting for Petrie to sign the cheque for as far as I was aware it's mostly the papers that have us linked with players?

The clock is ticking towards the end of the window and I dont personally wont to see a hibs panic buy at the last minute like so many previous windows. We need players NOW or come February we'll be at the bottom of the league .

And P.S. Im panicing big time at the state were in :agree:

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Chris Hogg and McBride for starters.

I only hope CC isn't given the chance to prove what calibre of player he can bring in when were in the first division.

What??
Don't make me laugh are you seriously suggesting that those two would make the difference we need???
Hogg has been pretty poor for ages now and McBride was one of Yogi's Ideas to change us into some kind of Falkirk clone...well I suppose he succeeded there.

I hope that CC is given the chance to prove what calibre of player he can bring in this window so we don't go into the first division.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Calderwood wasn't right to start with.

He's no more right now than he was when we brought him in.

YES, he inheritted Yogi's side. They CAN play. They beat the huns. HE cannot get the best out of them coupled with the fact he hasn't lost them but actually, never had them then add to the mix the team wasn't really good enough to start with in all honesty but, passable (just) and where are we? Going nowhere.

Same parallel at Liverpool. Hodgson's team were getting slapped from the bottom of the table teams to the top and all in between.

Same players, different manager and there's a marked improvement ALL over the pitch.

There's an attempt and some guile to get something and the MANNER in which hte team his playing has changed beyond belief.

Bottom line; the man in charge carries the can. Rightly or wrongly. Thats life. In this case, with us, CC carries the can and IMHO, he wasnt right from day 1.

Neither, was Sauzee. A country mile ahead of the team he inherrited but, too much of a nice guy. A legend in fact. A player we've no seen the quality of for manys a year. BUt, not a good manager at that point in time.

IF WE DONT sort our position now, managerially, we are ****ed and will have the best training complex, stadium and "infrastructure" in division one. FACT.

ENDOF

Sorry BM but you cannot compare Hibs to liverpool with the players they have.

Newhaven
19-01-2011, 12:59 AM
So do you think getting, or trying to get, someone else in at this stage of the season will help any??

Yes I think it would. The only way is up so Im told

16 of who are out of contract soon. I mean what must McBride be thinking? Been told to leave and comes on as a sub against Celtic and starts tonight :confused:

3 managers in one season?? we will be a laughing stock..

I would rather be a laughing stock in the SPL than mavericks of the first division

I would have preferred that we had got rid of Yogi before the end of last season when it was clear that he wasn't up to it, to give the new guy at least a little chance...that was down to RP...he gambled...he failed and now we are paying the price.

:agree:

If it wasn't for the European slot I think Hughes would of been emptied sooner

Newhaven
19-01-2011, 01:00 AM
What??
Don't make me laugh are you seriously suggesting that those two would make the difference we need???
Hogg has been pretty poor for ages now and McBride was one of Yogi's Ideas to change us into some kind of Falkirk clone...well I suppose he succeeded there.

I hope that CC is given the chance to prove what calibre of player he can bring in this window so we don't go into the first division.

I think McBride has been treated very poorly by the club when guys like De Graaf and Rankin get a game ahead of him.

Bad Martini
19-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Sorry BM but you cannot compare Hibs to liverpool with the players they have.

Wouldn't even attempt to try and start to make such a comparison...the point I am making is, that team (LFC) are way better than 13th in the league.

The point being, Hodgson, due to lack of skill with the players and inheritting the previous mess from Raffa (not necessarily his fault ,same as calderwood) didn't have anything to turn it around with.

Dalglish, within 1 week, has.

I know its unfair and Im not saying its right. Im merely saying with the RIGHT boss in place, things can change without spending a bean.

Bottom line; I dont think Calderwood ever was right for the job. I hope I am proven wrong and we get out this mess as I cannot see the board sacking him and if I am honest, I'd love to see him get us out this mess - I dont think he's done all that much wrong other than not knowing what to do with the **** Hughes left behind. Equally, is that OUR problem? Nope. Might be easier and cleaner all round for a change.

Who knows.......either way, this living in hope pish got us relegated last time.

I think, we'll be saved by Hamilton being even ****ter than we are NOT by Calderwood's brains, tactics or team selection.

IMHO

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 01:03 AM
I think McBride has been treated very poorly by the club when guys like De Graaf and Rankin get a game ahead of him.

Just goes to show what a poor squad we have then eh??
Even more reason to at least give CC a chance.

Bad Martini
19-01-2011, 01:04 AM

Id agree. Furthermore, I'd strongly argue til the sheep game where we lost, he was one of our BETTER players....he missed a few games thereafter and we've been sheiter for it.

He played tonight and I feel, played marginally better than some on there and infinitely better than I would, knowing the boss said I could go and I know I am better than some of my "team".

Good point mate. :agree:

Newhaven
19-01-2011, 01:06 AM

Window shuts in less than 2 weeks - players needed right away and money no object (unless we want to be in division one). Not looking good Im afraid

Bad Martini
19-01-2011, 01:06 AM

I genuinely belive CC is going nowhere. I hope for all our sakes something changes. I am not convinced if it does, it'll be all down to CC. I hope so though as like you, I also agree we have a crap squad.

There's 3 problems here for me:

Current team is playing sheite and our squad is not good enough
Not the right man brought in ANYWAY and I never thought he was
Petrie and the board unable to give cash or line it up BEFORE 01/01/11, ready for the window opening

Add all 3 together = no goals in 2011 and out the cup to sheite like Ayr.

IMHO, again.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Wouldn't even attempt to try and start to make such a comparison...the point I am making is, that team (LFC) are way better than 13th in the league.

The point being, Hodgson, due to lack of skill with the players and inheritting the previous mess from Raffa (not necessarily his fault ,same as calderwood) didn't have anything to turn it around with.

Dalglish, within 1 week, has.

I know its unfair and Im not saying its right. Im merely saying with the RIGHT boss in place, things can change without spending a bean.

Bottom line; I dont think Calderwood ever was right for the job. I hope I am proven wrong and we get out this mess as I cannot see the board sacking him and if I am honest, I'd love to see him get us out this mess - I dont think he's done all that much wrong other than not knowing what to do with the **** Hughes left behind. Equally, is that OUR problem? Nope. Might be easier and cleaner all round for a change.

Who knows.......either way, this living in hope pish got us relegated last time.

I think, we'll be saved by Hamilton being even ****ter than we are NOT by Calderwood's brains, tactics or team selection.

IMHO

Can't say that Dalgish has turned it around as such, they still haven't won a match.
As i said before not a good comparison at all as we are where we are because that is where we deserve to be. It would take a lot more than a change of manager to change our fortunes.

IMHO

Sir David Gray
19-01-2011, 01:11 AM
3 managers in one season?? we will be a laughing stock...oh yes much, much more than at present.

Hughes should have gone after the 6-6 debacle.

I don't agree when people say that Mourinho and Ferguson could do nothing with this current Hibs side. Yes, the players are crap and the vast majority of them should be emptied ASAP but a decent manager would have this current Hibs squad miles away from relegation trouble.

DH1875
19-01-2011, 01:13 AM

It's a total myth. Look what Brown has done at the sheep. There were plenty of candidates and it will be intresting to see how the likes of McCall get on at Motherwell.

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Window shuts in less than 2 weeks - players needed right away and money no object (unless we want to be in division one). Not looking good Im afraid

Money is an object.
It will be a last minute rush, as usual, and we will end up not getting our first picks (no doubt), but hopefully enough to keep us up.

Bad Martini
19-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Can't say that Dalgish has turned it around as such, they still haven't won a match.
As i said before not a good comparison at all as we are where we are because that is where we deserve to be. It would take a lot more than a change of manager to change our fortunes.

IMHO

Can say Dalglish has turned it around even slightly. 3 weeks ago LFC would have been seriously hammered in all 3 games. Narrow loss at Man U, stupid loss at Blackpool, return from 2-1 down at Anfield. There's no way the confidence they had 3 weeks ago would have allowed ANY of that.

Anyway, thats by the by ; bottom line ... we've got similar issues and the very same confidence problem. Our squad and team ARE better than our league position and our cup status. Thats a fact too....they turned over the huns, they shouldn't have lost to hearts and the truth is, the SAME players even, though not good enough, ARE better than where they are right now and should certainly be able to muster 90 minutes of play against 2nd division part time opponents.

Equally, our manager should be able to bring that out in them. I dont think its just his fault as I say. I merely dont think he can now, as the time has passed, get us back on winning terms. Who knows tho, he might. Canny see it. If he could, he would have by now, putting aside the freak Ibrox result which I loved and putting aside the odd flash of "play" from this season.

Not ideal mate...

erskine-hibby
19-01-2011, 01:23 AM
Can say Dalglish has turned it around even slightly. 3 weeks ago LFC would have been seriously hammered in all 3 games. Narrow loss at Man U, stupid loss at Blackpool, return from 2-1 down at Anfield. There's no way the confidence they had 3 weeks ago would have allowed ANY of that.

Anyway, thats by the by ; bottom line ... we've got similar issues and the very same confidence problem. Our squad and team ARE better than our league position and our cup status. Thats a fact too....they turned over the huns, they shouldn't have lost to hearts and the truth is, the SAME players even, though not good enough, ARE better than where they are right now and should certainly be able to muster 90 minutes of play against 2nd division part time opponents.

Equally, our manager should be able to bring that out in them. I dont think its just his fault as I say. I merely dont think he can now, as the time has passed, get us back on winning terms. Who knows tho, he might. Canny see it. If he could, he would have by now, putting aside the freak Ibrox result which I loved and putting aside the odd flash of "play" from this season.

Not ideal mate...

That's where i disagree. I think we are where we are because our players are not better than our position. It has been the case, as I said, since the end of last January when our form has been nothin more than relegation material...shoot even before that, though we got results, we were poor.
I think it is totally unfair to judge CC at this moment in time, though I can see why people may think so.

Hibs On Tour
19-01-2011, 01:34 AM
said the same thing, know it would not be popular but a steady pair of hands no doubt about it.

Well there was a rumour on the boards that we went for Pa Broon first and he wasn't interested. Who knows how much of that is complete ****** however...

FWIW I dunno who to blame for that *****. I'm starting with the vast bulk of the squad as what I saw tonight was wage-thieves not even trying a leg. Unforgiveable. I'm all for giving CC time but I have to say, he's done nothing to impress me to date. Seems to have no idea about his best 11, best formation, anything really and he's been in long enough to surely get 'something' more out of the players he has to hand. Petrie backs his managers with cash - no complaints there - but if CC doesn't work out, when exactly does he carry the can for failed appointments?...

Just thinking out loud - too annoyed to think clearly...

sesoim
19-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Hughes should have gone after the 6-6 debacle.

I don't agree when people say that Mourinho and Ferguson could do nothing with this current Hibs side. Yes, the players are crap and the vast majority of them should be emptied ASAP but a decent manager would have this current Hibs squad miles away from relegation trouble.

:agree: 100%. Our squad isn't great because Hughes lumbered us with a few real duffers, especially last summer. However, we still have a few players who could do a job with the right manager in charge. Somebody like Craig Brown or Jimmy Calderwood would have had us about 7th or 8th by now, heading for the top six by the split. Both of them would have made a couple of signing by now as well.

CC has had it tough - he hasn't managed in the SPL and is struggling to attract players here. But that is all the more reason why Petrie should not have appointed him. We needed a steady, reliable guy with SPL experience who would have came in knowing EXACTLY what is needed.

CC still doesn't give the impression he has a clue how to solve our problems. Not a good sign when we need to start winning NOW.

sesoim
19-01-2011, 01:43 AM
i'd say - within our price range, no.

Jimmy Calderwood. Sadly we missed out on Craig Brown. There's a few other guys that I would have liked in October, but JC was my first choice. To be honest things are so desperate now that we MUST appoint a guy with a proven record in the SPL.

I'd bring in JC to work with Derek Adams. JC would know who to sign straight away as he knows the SPL inside out. And on our wage budget, he would probably get us into the top four next season, as he managed that regularly with Aberdeen, who are worse off than us.

Petrie probably ignored JC before because of some fans making their views clear about him, but survival must be our priority at the moment, surely?