PDA

View Full Version : CC interview

northgreen24
18-01-2011, 11:11 PM
On the BBC website now, not sure what to make of it as the worse we get the more confident he seem to get that he will turn this around

"it will be all the sweeter when the results change"

I am a happy clapper but even i struggle to see what he is basing this on. :confused::confused:

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 11:12 PM
On the BBC website now, not sure what to make of it as the worse we get the more confident he seem to get that he will turn this around

I am a happy clapper but even i struggle to see what he is basing this on. :confused::confused:

Don't worry, we are used to managers talking sheite.

sesoim
18-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Either he is oblivious to what is happening or he knows a few things we don't.

Personally, I think its's the former. I think he is suffering from car crash syndrome, is in shock, and doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Bizarre interview (in so much as I don't know what to make of it). :confused:

He sounds like a man on suicide watch but then comes out with positive stuff like :-

"we must make changes"
"really looking forward to what is getting a more and more difficult challenge"
In response to a question asking if he believed he can turn things round - "without a doubt"

I do hope he turns it around......but lets be honest here, him and Adams are failing miserably at the moment, that is for sure (and that is me being polite).

northgreen24
18-01-2011, 11:47 PM
another thing he says that i find really strange

" i am really exited about the challange"

if the worse we get the more exited you become god help us :confused:

matty_f
18-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Bizarre interview (in so much as I don't know what to make of it). :confused:

He sounds like a man on suicide watch but then comes out with positive stuff like :-

"we must make changes"
"really looking forward to what is getting a more and more difficult challenge"
In response to a question asking if he believed he can turn things round - "without a doubt"

I do hope he turns it around......but lets be honest here, him and Adams are failing miserably at the moment, that is for sure (and that is me being polite).

The fact that Adams and Calderwood are struggling to get anything out of this team, when they have both had teams getting results before, and after seeing Yogi struggle with them after having Falkirk playing decent football, makes me think that the problem lies with the quality of the squad.

There are some talented players at Hibs, unfortunately none of them (at least none of the senior, regular first teamers) seem to have that something about them that drives them onto win games. Nobody's chucking themselves in front of shots, or hammering into tackles, or taking responsibility for making things happen.

That is a huge problem, and until CC can bring players that have those attributes to the club, we'll stay on a downward trajectory.

sahib
19-01-2011, 12:01 AM
The fact that Adams and Calderwood are struggling to get anything out of this team, when they have both had teams getting results before, and after seeing Yogi struggle with them after having Falkirk playing decent football, makes me think that the problem lies with the quality of the squad.

There are some talented players at Hibs, unfortunately none of them (at least none of the senior, regular first teamers) seem to have that something about them that drives them onto win games. Nobody's chucking themselves in front of shots, or hammering into tackles, or taking responsibility for making things happen.

That is a huge problem, and until CC can bring players that have those attributes to the club, we'll stay on a downward trajectory.

Why did we appoint Adams. Two managers in reality? Had there all ready been a falling out with Calderwood and the board hence Adams' appointment to undermine his leverage on the purse strings. I could well believe the rumours that he has offered his resignation.

matty_f
19-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Why did we appoint Adams. Two managers in reality? Had there all ready been a falling out with Calderwood and the board hence Adams' appointment to undermine his leverage on the purse strings. I could well believe the rumours that he has offered his resignation.

:faf::top marks for imagination. Why on Earth would the board want to make life difficult for the team and manager, do you think that they want us to be in this position? The board need cup runs and high league placings to raise revenue.

Undermining the manager and creating turmoil is probably the worst strategy anyone could come up with to do that!

Jim44
19-01-2011, 12:14 AM

Shape up man. The only person who can make the results change is you. Our players are garbage but you are stuck with them. Only an influx of at least 4 or 5quality players during this window can save your bacon. There's no point in doffing the cap to Scrooge and saying that you're certain you can change things with the rubbish you have. You could save your job if you could pay hard cash for the players we need but you seem to accept that this is not the way out of the dilemna. Swallow your pride. man, and get into his office in the morning and force his hand.

Hibs On Tour
19-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Well CC, I'm afraid you must have a different interpretation of what "everything" means from me!

Second to EVERY ball tonight, players who when they had the ball looked like all they wanted was to get shot of it, players who in short just did not have the desire or hunger that we as fans of this club deserve.

I honestly think you would have got just as good a playing performance and a far greater level of effort if you had just picked 11 lads at random from our end before the game.

Defending your players to the media is fair enough if you're telling them it straight behind the scenes but if you truly believe that shower of wage-thieves 'gave you everything' tonight then I am afraid you are sadly deluded and should leave with those responsible for disgracing the shirt tonight.

PS - if you want an example of what 'giving everything' actually does mean, watch a video of tonight's game and watch Ayr's players instead of ours. Well done Ayr United, got a thoroughly deserved victory and actually did 'give it everything'.

matty_f
19-01-2011, 01:09 AM
They're giving him a fast route to the dole queue.

He needs to empty a good number of this team and get his own players in sharpish, or he'll go the way of Yogi and Mixu.

Sir David Gray
19-01-2011, 01:14 AM
That's Hughes and now Calderwood who have said repeatedly that this group of players are giving them everything and they can't ask for anything more from them.

I find that extremely worrying if that's the expectation levels of our managers.

DH1875
19-01-2011, 01:20 AM
And he's our manager :brickwall.

Bad Martini
19-01-2011, 01:20 AM
Read between the lines guys.

The same thing has been said by many managers up and down the country. He can't come out and say "they're all useless ***** and I think I'd like to give them a hoof in the nuts". Any credence he had, which isn't much, to save his job and reputation, would be gone entirely.

The truth is, he doesn't believe that any more than we do. So, he has 2 options:

1) Slate players in public and tell us the truth YET, alienate the lazy ****ers...not a plan for job survival
2) Tell us the bollocks he did and HOPE those lazy fekers get their act together and start doign something for the man....as I said in another thread, it worked for Dalglish at Liverpool. He must have been choking to say they all gave it their all when they didnt. They might be now but they werent. Difference is, his legend and career will get him thru and granted, the players ARE better....they will move up.

Ultimately, managers are judged on results. There's 2 options: heavy handed or hope they come good for you. Yogi tried slating players in public an such like, it didnt work. Some managers have the charisma and balls to make the first move, say they believe in the players and they come good for them, repaying their faith...........in our case, I dont think our lot will do that for CC.

He's therefore stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I dont think it's all his fault but equally, I dont see him leading us out this. If he stays, our survival will come down to how sheite Hamilton and St Mirren are...not how good WE are. As it stands, he's getting nothing much in luck or skill terms and we're going nowhere.

DH1875
19-01-2011, 01:32 AM
1) Slate players in public and tell us the truth YET, alienate the lazy ****ers...not a plan for job survival

But that's exactly what they need. Someone to go in and send a rocket up their a***. They needed to be reminded they are playing for their jobs and their future. FFS theres 16 of them out of contract. Just get the finger out and tell them if they keep this crap up they will be playing the likes of Ayr every week cause no one else is going to touch them. On this form, how many of them do you think will get a move to the championship?
Duck ALL.

Hibs On Tour
19-01-2011, 01:47 AM

The same thing has been said by many managers up and down the country. He can't come out and say "they're all useless ***** and I think I'd like to give them a hoof in the nuts". Any credence he had, which isn't much, to save his job and reputation, would be gone entirely.

The truth is, he doesn't believe that any more than we do. So, he has 2 options:

2) Tell us the bollocks he did and HOPE those lazy fekers get their act together and start doign something for the man....as I said in another thread, it worked for Dalglish at Liverpool. He must have been choking to say they all gave it their all when they didnt. They might be now but they werent. Difference is, his legend and career will get him thru and granted, the players ARE better....they will move up.

Ultimately, managers are judged on results. There's 2 options: heavy handed or hope they come good for you. Yogi tried slating players in public an such like, it didnt work. Some managers have the charisma and balls to make the first move, say they believe in the players and they come good for them, repaying their faith...........in our case, I dont think our lot will do that for CC.

I dont think it's all his fault but equally, I dont see him leading us out this. If he stays, our survival will come down to how sheite Hamilton and St Mirren are...not how good WE are. As it stands, he's getting nothing much in luck or skill terms and we're going nowhere.

I know all that and its kinda my point - he's knows he's talking bollocks, we know he's talking bollocks, the players know he's talking bollocks, the board knows he's talking bollocks. So who exactly is it doing anything for?

The players? The same players who clearly aren't trying a leg for him as it stands? Allienating this lot couldn't get a worse performance out of them than tonights was. The fans? The fans who are starting to get as pissed off at CC as they already are with the wage-thieves wearing the shirt? We know he's lying - that doesn't help his cause.

For me, he's as well telling it straight - bin some of the worst wage-thieves into the reserves - bring the best youngsters into the team [along with whatever transfers/loans he can bring in just now] - and crack on with at least a core of players who are going to at least try.

Fans would respect that more, players who want to try will at least respond to it. Those who will get pissed by legitimate public criticism, **** 'em I say. If they're not up to the task on the park [or worse still not even up to trying] then bollocks to worrying about molly-coddling their feelings. As others have said, 16 of them are out of contract in the summer anyway so apart from any of those you want kept [like DR] who cares if you alienate the rest? Not like they're busting a gut just now anyway is it?

Like you say, only thing that will save us from the drop is St Mirren/Hamilton and on current form I'd take either of them to have a good chance of pipping us in the league...

basehibby
19-01-2011, 01:51 AM

This sums up our problems for me. It's ironic that Ian Murray - one player who can usually be relied upon to take responsibility - was culpable at Ayr's goal tonight. It's almost like he's burned out from constantly taking that weight on his shoulders or something - certainly he was skinned in a way I would not expect from him and wasn't switched on enough to block a shot he really should have been expecting :confused:

Overall though - I feel this lack of the qualities you describe made all the difference tonight and probably made the difference between a comfortable win (Hibs DID have the majority of chances and posession tonight) and the embarassing cup exit which we've all just had to endure.

lapsedhibee
19-01-2011, 02:32 AM
Like you say, only thing that will save us from the drop is St Mirren/Hamilton and on current form I'd take either of them to have a good chance of pipping us in the league...

That probably makes you a happy clapper at present, believing we might get that close.

Greentinted
19-01-2011, 06:58 AM

At this minute in time, why can't he say the truth? It's not as if there's much to lose in the current predicament and it would increase his stock, not hamper it. Someone suggested that those guisers in a (very appropriate) shade of yellow should have been told to leave their strips, get changed and find their own way home last night.
And not to bother coming back.
There are youngsters itching to get a chance and lets face it, they can't do any worse than this shower of no-marks. Sorry, football doublespeak in the media is contrived, supercillious bull****; call it as it is (see under Butcher, Terry) and get things kick-started.

Niffy
19-01-2011, 07:49 AM
To be fair , it sounded to me like he says the players have gave everything "they can" , but he knows he needs better players in.

I think as we all know the squad is cr*p and he knows it. Like being given 11 school kids as a team and being told "get on with that lot"