PDA

View Full Version : We're Doomed

sunshine1875
18-01-2011, 11:07 PM
I will always support my team, but tonight is confirmation of what I have thought for a few weeks that we are doomed. We will be relegated this season.

I see nothing from that team that convinces me that we have the desire or skill to remain in the SPL. We have defenders who cannot defend and strikers who cannot score and a midfield that are too slow in thought and movement. We are gutless, spineless and directionless. Most alarming of all is the lack of pace in all areas of the team - a 2nd division team of part time footballers had more pace in their team!!!

Yes - we could get some signings in. But, why would anyone want to come to Hibs at this moment in time. Money would be a motivator, but there is no chance that Hibs will pay good money with the risk that we will get relegated.

Yes - we could throw in the youth. But, it is asking a lot for youth to dig us out of this current hole.

If we cannot raise our game against Ayr away in the cup, I consider it highly unlikely that we are going to get anything from the up-coming SPL games, continuing this downward spiral.

I would really, really love to be proved wrong, but with this bunch of gutless, spineless, directionless wage thiefs I really doubt it. We are doomed!

I appreciate that I am not offering suggestions to how we can beat the drop, but that is because I don't believe any of them will work.

sunshine1875
19-01-2011, 10:34 AM
The day after the night before - do I feel any better.

No - the depression has been taken over by anger - but I still believe we will be relegated this season. Anyone willing to disagree?

I will always support my team, but tonight is confirmation of what I have thought for a few weeks that we are doomed. We will be relegated this season.

I see nothing from that team that convinces me that we have the desire or skill to remain in the SPL. We have defenders who cannot defend and strikers who cannot score and a midfield that are too slow in thought and movement. We are gutless, spineless and directionless. Most alarming of all is the lack of pace in all areas of the team - a 2nd division team of part time footballers had more pace in their team!!!

Yes - we could get some signings in. But, why would anyone want to come to Hibs at this moment in time. Money would be a motivator, but there is no chance that Hibs will pay good money with the risk that we will get relegated.

Yes - we could throw in the youth. But, it is asking a lot for youth to dig us out of this current hole.

If we cannot raise our game against Ayr away in the cup, I consider it highly unlikely that we are going to get anything from the up-coming SPL games, continuing this downward spiral.

I would really, really love to be proved wrong, but with this bunch of gutless, spineless, directionless wage thiefs I really doubt it. We are doomed!

I appreciate that I am not offering suggestions to how we can beat the drop, but that is because I don't believe any of them will work.

Expecting Rain
19-01-2011, 10:39 AM
The day after the night before - do I feel any better.

No - the depression has been taken over by anger - but I still believe we will be relegated this season. Anyone willing to disagree?

I don`t believe we will be relegated though we are capable given our performances this season.
Calderwood will bring in players to give us a better balance [ i know i`ve been on about this for ages ] and things will improve.
The imminent massive clearance at the end of the season will be of benefit to the club in the long term, in difficult times i am hopeful.