PDA

View Full Version : Did any player get passmarks?

JimBHibees
18-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Probably only Hanlon who I thought did ok. That apart complete shambles and so lacking in effort as to be criminal.

If you are going to lose a cup tie then lets give it 100% and put a few tackles in a have a few bookings. Not one booking or anyone showng the remotest urgency to take quick throws, chase after the ball when out etc. Slow lethargic and awful truly shameful.

From now to the end of the season hope to not see in a Hibs jersey again Smith, Hart, Dickoh, Murray, Rankin, McBride, Miller, Nish and I am afraid Superdeek. Spineless, wingeing, all looking for someone else to bail the team out. Truly sickening and the bottom line is a half decent first division team would have taken 3 off Ayr as they are rank average but deserved to win.

PISTOL1875
18-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Probably only Hanlon who I thought did ok. That apart complete shambles and so lacking in effort as to be criminal.

If you are going to lose a cup tie then lets give it 100% and put a few tackles in a have a few bookings. Not one booking or anyone showng the remotest urgency to take quick throws, chase after the ball when out etc. Slow lethargic and awful truly shameful.

From now to the end of the season hope to not see in a Hibs jersey again Smith, Hart, Dickoh, Murray, Rankin, McBride, Miller, Nish and I am afraid Superdeek. Spineless, wingeing, all looking for someone else to bail the team out. Truly sickening and the bottom line is a half decent first division team would have taken 3 off Ayr as they are rank average but deserved to win.

He had a complete shocker.. .

fatbloke
18-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Mair chance o them gettin skidmarks bunch o *****feart wasters.

Greenheart
18-01-2011, 11:06 PM
NO

SloopJB
18-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Against a part time second division team?

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Wotherspoon when he came on, the young lad Booth. Dickoh and Hanlon did ok.

Toaods
18-01-2011, 11:19 PM

this.

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Murray was the only one to get pass marks in my opinion :agree:

Relax Blackpool - I am only kidding :devil:

No-one got pass marks and Hart got a -1, which is some achievement.

micksoo
18-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Awful - Riordan, Hart, Miller, McBride, Duffy, Zemama, Nish, Rankin & Smith.

Jim44
18-01-2011, 11:41 PM

I thought he was garbage........made too many mistakes. Too slow. Bin him.

lobster
18-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Its a team effort, they were all *****

CB_NO3
18-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Murray was poor, he got ripped three times for the goal. Booth was only on for 10 minutes but he looked sharper and faster than most of the senior players.

lucky
18-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Murray was poor, he got ripped three times for the goal. Booth was only on for 10 minutes but he looked sharper and faster than most of the senior players.

100% correct but dont forget how Hanlon allowed the ball into the box in the first place. The only player who got pass marks for me was Booth, simply because he is a young guy who looks like a decent left back

NthCarolinaHibs
18-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Nope...dreadful..Hanlon was that good he was taken off :confused:

Saorsa
18-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Hanlon

Wotherspoon & Booth

matty_f
18-01-2011, 11:51 PM

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 11:51 PM
I thought he was garbage........made too many mistakes. Too slow. Bin him.

I disagree, he covered all night for the traffic cone next to him, and was semi dangerous at the other end at corners.

Albion Hibs
18-01-2011, 11:55 PM
I thought the CH's did okay. Dickoh had the usual bombscare moment or two but other than that fine. Booth looked fine for all of the 3 or 4 touches he had. The rest did not have a good day.

We won nothing in the air or on the ground up front or in the middle. We were second to every ball in the centre of the park which was disappointing but not unexpected.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 11:59 PM
I thought the CH's did okay. Dickoh had the usual bombscare moment or two but other than that fine. Booth looked fine for all of the 3 or 4 touches he had. The rest did not have a good day.

We won nothing in the air or on the ground up front or in the middle. We were second to every ball in the centre of the park which was disappointing but not unexpected.

Aye one of them, yer mate Murray was honking. He's finished, left back midfield or centre back, he's finished. Ayr United wouldn't want him.

3pm
18-01-2011, 11:59 PM

Murray didn't cover himself in glory at the goal but I don't think Miller and Smith helped either.

3pm
19-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Aye one of them, yer mate Murray was honking. He's finished, left back midfield or centre back, he's finished. Ayr United wouldn't want him.

Still a better option than his half a dozen 5hitebag pals who do nowt. At least Murray might kick someone, his pals won't even do that.

Albion Hibs
19-01-2011, 12:03 AM

My mate now is he. I think you just need to calm down, after all you thought that Hanlon had a good game - pretty common for managers to sub players that are having a good game isnt it?!!

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Still a better option than his half a dozen 5hitebag pals who do nowt. At least Murray might kick someone, his pals won't even do that.

Not for me, he cant run, cant pass, cant drive forward, and his tackles are all after his 1st touch. Finished, yes along with half a dozen sheitbags as you say. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 12:05 AM
My mate now is he. I think you just need to calm down, after all you thought that Hanlon had a good game - pretty common for managers to sub players that are having a good game isnt it?!!

He was injured.

DH1875
19-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Booth was only on for 10 minutes but he looked sharper and faster than most of the senior players.

:top marksHe showed more when he came on than any of that shower.

3pm
19-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Not for me, he cant run, cant pass, cant drive forward, and his tackles are all after his 1st touch. Finished, yes along with half a dozen sheitbags as you say. :agree:

You and I have had a quick convo about this before. I am not quite as convinced as you are but time will tell.

The midfield is so bad I am not surprised he suffers. No help, no support, nowt. I thought he done fine in the 1st half against Celtic for example.

Who knows man, we're in a bad way regardless. Poor times.

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 12:15 AM

:faf: where were you watching...a home for the visually impaired.

Like an old nag that you once loved but is now past its best Murray needs put out to grass....apart from the goal that he made 3 errors for he was so far apart from Dickoh at times it looked like he was playing LB...was caught time and again for pace

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 12:18 AM
You and I have had a quick convo about this before. I am not quite as convinced as you are but time will tell.

The midfield is so bad I am not surprised he suffers. No help, no support, nowt. I thought he done fine in the 1st half against Celtic for example.

Who knows man, we're in a bad way regardless. Poor times.

Yip we have discussed this before, and my opinion has not changed. I too thought he done ok in the first half on saturday, but imo that was all it was ok. The 2nd half he was again awful, and again tonight his dancing on ice audition for their goal was quality. His lack of any quality on the ball makes his choice as a 1st team player a clear mistake imo. He contributes nothing.

Septimus
19-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Viewed on TV. Rankin tried hard for the first three quarters of the game. He always does try, sometimes too hard. Hanlon was continually out of position but involved. Booth never got the return pass he was looking for These three were reasonably good.

Was Brown injured?
Sad to see Hart and Murray are on present performances past their sell by date. The sight of a 35 year old mesmerising Murray three times before scoring was hard to bear.

Miller, McBride, Riordan, Nish, Dickoh are simply garbage. Man for man the Ayr players were far superior. The word imposters springs to mind.

Calderwood.
1. It is inconceivable that he should have picked McBride or Nish after signalling that they have no future at ER.
2. Experience was the exact opposite to what was required. This was the chance to blood young players against inferior opposition.
3. Again I ask. Is Brown injured?
4. A bit like the present government everything is the fault of the predecessors. Time NOW to come out and say what you think and inflict your way on to the team.

And a personal plea. Last night's game was broadcast world wide. Do we really have to wear these yellow away strips in front of the world? We are, after all, Hibernian FC.

GuernseyHibby
19-01-2011, 08:25 AM
This thread says a lot about where we are all at - inc. CC. 3 of our back 4 were either our best player or sheite. No one player has stood out in any game since CC came in - except ibrox which was clearly a freak. No matter what coaching/managing skills are being used/not used that makes managing an spl side successfully impossible. My own personal opinion is that the guys he should be working with are those brave enough to take responsibility and not scared to make mistakes - which amounts to hanlon, wotherspoon and booth from last night - its a crying shame that hanlon's undoubted potential will suffer because he has never had a strong experienced talker beside him - what any young defender needs. We don't have anyone grabbing the game/team by the scruff of the neck - murray and riordan have really disappointed me through this - murray is so passive, as its rightly been pointed out he has forever lost match sharpness but due to where we're at, he should still be vital for us for all the other things he brings to the team and support - but he's not doing it. Riordan is, and always will be, a huffy wee bugger which can be carried in a good team but atm is a luxury we can't afford (the difference between what he and zouma do compared with spoony and hanlon is that the young guys bust a gut to make amends as soon as they make a mistake.
I've kept quiet until now as, really worryingly, there is no quick fix. I admire the sentiment of "throw all the young boys in" but realistically we'd need older heads to bring them through. A cb and cm that have done it before and aren't scared to shakethings up and take responsibility are a must. Sadly, so is a striker (losing our guaranteed goals is where this all stems from). We probably then have 7 younguns + brown round about them. I just hope these "leaders" are available at our rates and willing to take on a massive challenge

Albion Hibs
19-01-2011, 09:44 AM
:faf: where were you watching...a home for the visually impaired.

Like an old nag that you once loved but is now past its best Murray needs put out to grass....apart from the goal that he made 3 errors for he was so far apart from Dickoh at times it looked like he was playing LB...was caught time and again for pace

I was watching the game from the side of the pitch, probably unlike you, and you are no doubt quoting some numpty of sky sports.

Really...a whole 3 other errors! On your error count how many did the rest of the team make?

Simply fact is that him and Dickoh were our best players on the park, but the sad fact is they were far to involved in the game. Dont remember him getting caught for pace, do remember him winning pretty much everything that came his way and being one of the only ones trying to get us to do anything. Watching the game from basically the pitch level yesterday confirmed one thing for me, our movement beyond the back four is nothing short of minging.

Murray probably could have done better for the goal but so could Miller, Hanlon and Dickoh. It is a sad state of affairs when it rests with the last man after a team has just walked through ours - simply put if our defence had anything in front of it we would be much better off. If we had a striker that could actually score goals we would be much better off.

Purehibee_MYB
19-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Hanlon had an average game, looked good cos everyone else in green was sh*te... That said I do think Hanlon is one of the only promising things at ER right now..him booth and Wotherspoon.

Tollhouse Hibee
19-01-2011, 11:01 AM
The problem is simple - nobody makes a tackle

lapsedhibee
19-01-2011, 11:03 AM
:agree:

Last night's game was broadcast world wide. Do we really have to wear these yellow away strips in front of the world? We are, after all, Hibernian FC.
:tsk tsk: Be thankful that casual watchers might have mistaken the ineptness for Norwich City or some other team that plays in yellow. Personally grateful not to have the classic strips associated with that performance. And disagree that JR was 'reasonably good'. Had a bad feeling from the start with JR and CN in the starting line-up and so it proved, with JR missing a one-on-one and CN doing a ridiculous dive in the box when it would have been at least as easy to step round the defender and shoot for goal. (Not doubting their effort, mind, and 'wage thief' etc definitely doesn't apply to them.)

lapsedhibee
19-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Hanlon had an average game, looked good cos everyone else in green was sh*te... That said I do think Hanlon is one of the only promising things at ER right now..him booth and Wotherspoon.

:hmmm:

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 11:11 AM
I was watching the game from the side of the pitch, probably unlike you, and you are no doubt quoting some numpty of sky sports.

Really...a whole 3 other errors! On your error count how many did the rest of the team make?

Simply fact is that him and Dickoh were our best players on the park, but the sad fact is they were far to involved in the game. Dont remember him getting caught for pace, do remember him winning pretty much everything that came his way and being one of the only ones trying to get us to do anything. Watching the game from basically the pitch level yesterday confirmed one thing for me, our movement beyond the back four is nothing short of minging.

Murray probably could have done better for the goal but so could Miller, Hanlon and Dickoh. It is a sad state of affairs when it rests with the last man after a team has just walked through ours - simply put if our defence had anything in front of it we would be much better off. If we had a striker that could actually score goals we would be much better off.

So i and others who had the benefit of watching it on tv with all the replays and different camera angles are wrong, yet you, who wouldn't know a player if he kicked you up the arse is right? Well done for going last night, i commend you, although next time try opening your eyes, although its not pretty to watch, you will see the same as the rest of us.

Albion Hibs
19-01-2011, 11:27 AM
So i and others who had the benefit of watching it on tv with all the replays and different camera angles are wrong, yet you, who wouldn't know a player if he kicked you up the arse is right? Well done for going last night, i commend you, although next time try opening your eyes, although its not pretty to watch, you will see the same as the rest of us.

Not interested your commendations.

Glad you had your fancy angles to watch things from, and maybe even come monkey like charlie nicholas to give his views. I stated what I saw, which was a defence that was overworked as a result of nothing other than our midfield and strikers doing very little. It would be different if I was Ayr working the ball in behind our midfield, down the flanks but they did not, they battered our strikers and midfielders to run beyond, we came, we saw, they scrapped, we lost.

I did not hear many at the game moaning about our defense, a lot of shots at midfielder for not moving to recieve the ball and strikers for not winning it. You can be the best passer in the world, if there is nothing to pass to there is nothing you can do.

I am not on hear saying any of them were brilliant or faultless last night, but there were some that did more than others.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 11:36 AM
I used to think that come monkey Charlie Nicholas talked some poop, even with his fancy angles to watch the game from. Although he is normally there too. Still Andy Walker saw Ian Murray auditioning for dancing on ice during the Ayr goal, and he was wrong too with his view on the goal. I suppose he was wrong like myself with the view he is sssssooooooooo ponderous on the ball as well? He's finished, although may look decent next season where he's captaining us to.

Purehibee_MYB
19-01-2011, 11:38 AM
:hmmm:

and Smith?

JoeTortolanoFanClub
19-01-2011, 11:53 AM
It is Miller who really does my head in. Why does he never pass the ball forward ? Always backwards or to the side. A poor man's Ray Wilkins.

Albion Hibs
19-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I used to think that come monkey Charlie Nicholas talked some poop, even with his fancy angles to watch the game from. Although he is normally there too. Still Andy Walker saw Ian Murray auditioning for dancing on ice during the Ayr goal, and he was wrong too with his view on the goal. I suppose he was wrong like myself with the view he is sssssooooooooo ponderous on the ball as well? He's finished, although may look decent next season where he's captaining us to.

Never said he could not have done better for the goal did I? But it came through Miller, Hanlon and Dickoh also could have helped, would you not agree?. Not the best position in the world when the ball comes that far and the CH is felt face on to the defender in the box, could have done better, but if he makes a mistake it is a pen. The fact is the ball should never have been there.

I would imagine making a quick pass is easy when there is someone to pass to, I go back to my original comment and the comments from those around me at the game the movement was shocking, the amount of hiding unbelieveable at times. Did you notice that on the TV?

Anyway I have heard all of your Murray chat before it bores me, I logged off when I got home from the game last night safe in the knowledge I would not miss anything from you, it will be the same tomorrow and the next day.....

lapsedhibee
19-01-2011, 11:56 AM
and Smith?

Did he think he was wearing a regular outfielder's jersey at the time he tried to chest down a ball in the box and gave away a corner? Still, at least it wasn't a penalty.

Purehibee_MYB
19-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Did he think he was wearing a regular outfielder's jersey at the time he tried to chest down a ball in the box and gave away a corner? Still, at least it wasn't a penalty.

I could not help but scream at the tv when he did that? And he was no better at the one real weakness that Mark Brown has...kicking... stupid idea!

bawheid
19-01-2011, 12:01 PM

Did you see the game? Or maybe looked at the pictures in the paper?

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Never said he could not have done better for the goal did I? But it came through Miller, Hanlon and Dickoh also could have helped, would you not agree?. Not the best position in the world when the ball comes that far and the CH is felt face on to the defender in the box, could have done better, but if he makes a mistake it is a pen. The fact is the ball should never have been there.

I would imagine making a quick pass is easy when there is someone to pass to, I go back to my original comment and the comments from those around me at the game the movement was shocking, the amount of hiding unbelieveable at times. Did you notice that on the TV?

Anyway I have heard all of your Murray chat before it bores me, I logged off when I got home from the game last night safe in the knowledge I would not miss anything from you, it will be the same tomorrow and the next day.....

Murrays performance AGAIN was unacceptable, he contributes nothing, although he's hardly alone there. His fault for the goal, not tight enough to the 35 year old, who turned him inside out with his quick feet. Murray didn't know whether to stick or twist.

What is his position these days? What does he contribute when selected?

smack
19-01-2011, 12:39 PM

Disagree. I thought Nish won a lot more headers than normal but there was never anyone near him to take advantage

darwenhibby
19-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Does no one think we were just a tad unlucky.

More corners more attempts on target and their keeper played a blinder.

These results are written all over football

Leeds V Sunderland
Man U v Southampton
Liverpool V Wimbledon
Celtic v ITC
Celtic V Clyde

Hibs V Meadowbank
Hibs v East Fife
Hibs v Livingston
Hibs v Ross County
Hibs v Clyde
Hibs v Morton

End of the day who do we think we are?

matty_f
19-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Does no one think we were just a tad unlucky.

More corners more attempts on target and their keeper played a blinder.

These results are written all over football

Leeds V Sunderland
Man U v Southampton
Liverpool V Wimbledon
Celtic v ITC
Celtic V Clyde

Hibs V Meadowbank
Hibs v East Fife
Hibs v Livingston
Hibs v Ross County
Hibs v Clyde
Hibs v Morton

End of the day who do we think we are?

Did their keeper play a blinder? I thought he only had to make a couple of saves.

killie-hibby
19-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I was at the game. What percentage is a passmark? Out of ten I would give ....,
Smith= 0
Hanlon= 2
Dickoh= 2
Murray= 0
Hart= 0
Rankin= 0
McBride= 0
Miller= 0
Nish= 0
Riordan= 0
Duffy= 0

Zemmana= 0
Booth= 3
Wotherspoon= 2
Marks were based on opposition being 2nd division and Hibs players salary,experience,previous potential for Scotland caps,fulltime status, expected fitness levels.
To regain any degree of, a) respect for Hibs as a club and b)supporters enthusiasm all of the above with 0 marks should be told to find new clubs this January or have their contracts paid off.
From Saturday fill the team with Brown and the younger players. We are definately going down. We deserve at the very least, effort,application of basic skills,decent fitness level,enthusiasm and the will to play together as a team.
Mark Roberts last night having had at least seven seconds to dance with the ball before scoring says everything about the current Hibs wage thieves.
In my fiftytwo years of supporting OUR team I have never felt so let down by ALL employed with Hibernian.
I also hope Farmer thanks Petrie for getting us out of a financial nightmare,pensions him off by April and employs an executive with less fixation on balancing the books.

Killiehibbie
19-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Did their keeper play a blinder? I thought he only had to make a couple of saves.Comfortable game for their keeper considering the amount of possession we had. Just about everything was getting cleared or going high or wide without troubling him too much.

cammy1969
19-01-2011, 05:43 PM
for me the keeper has to also take some blame for the goal and looked far from comfortable all nite fullbacks who could'nt pass the ball tho hanlon was better than hart ch's who stood of a 35 year old and let him bring it down without a challange a midfield that can't or wont tackle on when they do its a foul and forwards that play 2 far away from each other and look disintrested but apart from that it looked ok