PDA

View Full Version : well done to the Hibs fans that went.

monktonharp
18-01-2011, 09:20 PM
to Somerset park that is. could hear them almost throughout the game,trying to cajole.entice or whatever was needed to force the players to play for the jersey.never quite got they wanted or deserved

Sir David Gray
18-01-2011, 09:21 PM
They should all be knighted.

Hibby70
18-01-2011, 09:22 PM
They should all be knighted.

They should all be sectioned!!!

BEEJ
18-01-2011, 09:22 PM
:agree: The only Hibs success story tonight.

Baader
18-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Well done guys. YOU are Hibernian. Not those jokers on the park.

A pity they don't show even 1/10 of your commitment - that would see us alright.

monktonharp
18-01-2011, 09:25 PM
They should all be sectioned!!!you might have a point...............Hermand flats for aw the East Lothian yins? :greengrin they made a guid noise though

Dalianwanda
:agree: The only Hibs success story tonight.

Was really impressed with the noise made throughout..At least they all gave 100%

Northfieldhibby
Yep. The fans showed their passion. Shame about the players.

monktonharp
18-01-2011, 09:26 PM

A pity they don't show even 1/10 of your commitment - that would see us alright.:agree:

Capt Mainwaring
18-01-2011, 09:26 PM
They should all be sectioned!!!

Sectioned into a locked room with the players that embarrassed the Club tonight and allow them to convey what "fight" looks like.

The players wore yellow tonight. How apt!!!!

NAE NOOKIE
18-01-2011, 09:33 PM
As a Dingwall victim from last time.

Well done lads & lassies, the club should give you your money back and a letter of apology signed by the whole team.

A credit to a club who dont deserve you.

:not worth

The Harp
18-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Top marks to the travelling Hibees support tonight. Sorry you had a wasted journey guys but well done on your efforts.
Maybe you should all be allowed to miss the next couple of games as a mark of appreciation.

Jonnyboy
18-01-2011, 10:00 PM
you might have a point...............Hermand flats for aw the East Lothian yins? :greengrin they made a guid noise though

It's Herdman Flat but dinnae ask me how I know :greengrin

frazeHFC
18-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Fans were great, the club does not deserve you.

LancashireHibby
18-01-2011, 10:07 PM
We're all mad, simple as that!

IWasThere2016
18-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Well done guys - we all, but you especially, deserve better.

sesoim
18-01-2011, 10:34 PM
I'd agree with everyone here - these guys deserve a lot of credit. Even if I could afford to go to games at the moment, I wouldn't have bothered tonight. It's too painful when you know you are going to be humiliated again.

lucky
18-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Most of the fans tonight were excellent but what little ned though it was a good idea to set of fireworks behind the goals?

jakki
18-01-2011, 10:38 PM
yes well done all the fans that went.

Didn't hear you though as I don't have Sky Sports and the HI was broadcast from the "Easter Road Studio" most probably watching the Sky Broadcast with the sound off. such a lifeless broadcast that I've ever heard but I suppose it was better than nothing if Ayr didn't have the facilities for HI to do a live broadcast from there.

Mixu62
18-01-2011, 10:42 PM
If I was CC I'd have given those fans the reward of making the team stand in front of the Hibs end at full time. Might have started a riot though.

bigstu
18-01-2011, 10:46 PM

A pity they don't show even 1/10 of your commitment - that would see us alright.

:top marks :top marks :top marks

down-the-slope
18-01-2011, 10:50 PM
just back....Top marks to each and everyone who was there..great support for the team :flag::flag:(pity they could not repay that with a result) signing from start to finish...some of the chants started were very funny

This might sound wierd but its the most enjoyable match I have been to in about 18 months...:greengrin

GreenCastle
18-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Well done all the fans going in these financially difficult times plus the fact you were going to support these impostors.

How did the Hibs players at the end react to the travelling support ? :confused:

hibs0666
18-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Most of the fans tonight were excellent but what little ned though it was a good idea to set of fireworks behind the goals?

The fannny that lobbed one at the stewards on the way out could have taken someone's eye out.

LancashireHibby
18-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Well done all the fans going in these financially difficult times plus the fact you were going to support these impostors.

How did the Hibs players at the end react to the travelling support ? :confused:
They didn't. Straight off the park. Zouma and Spoony apologised but that's it.

GreenCastle
18-01-2011, 11:03 PM
They didn't. Straight off the park. Zouma and Spoony apologised but that's it.

There is a real lack of care from the players or link between the fans and players.

Obvious reasons why - but players don't help themselves sometimes.

Although he hasn't played well in the last few games - mainly due to the fact he's been out injured for so long and has muppets around him on the field. At least he has shown emotion at ER etc by trying to get the crowd going.

DarrenSQH
18-01-2011, 11:16 PM

They didn't. We stood and sang for 90 minutes in a place that's miles away and I'm sure everyone is skint at the end of january. However our players can't even take the time to thank the fans for turning up.

At least CC mentions how good the support was.

At The Edge
18-01-2011, 11:18 PM
I had a great time on the old school terracing, good singing and plenty of laughs and thats without watching the comedy who played in yellow tonight.

The main act was a major let down...

You only get £6, you only get £6....:singing:

GreenCastle
18-01-2011, 11:19 PM
They didn't. We stood and sang for 90 minutes in a place that's miles away and I'm sure everyone is skint at the end of january. However our players can't even take the time to thank the fans for turning up.

Well done for making the trip - the players must think they are superstars for some reason ?

SteveHFC
18-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I'am just back from the game. The Fans were superb tonight.

givescotlandfreedom
18-01-2011, 11:44 PM

I think they'd be damned if they did come and applaud us too though they'd be seen as having a brass neck trying it after that performance. Still as you say you'd think some of them might have made an effort.

Perspective
18-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Just back and I'm still switching from anger to depression, then back again.

Forget everything that's wrong with the club - from boardroom mismanagement of the football department right down to petty little problems I have.

That was a disgrace tonight. 11 full-time SPL 'professionals' on good money who were deservedly second best to a part-time Division Two team. And in no way do I mean to patronise Ayr Utd because they were terrific - hungry from the first whistle and passed the ball with confidence, refusing to panic.

We had nothing, not a solitary bright spot. Hapless and hopeless. And the worst thing is I expected that to happen tonight. Hoped I'd be proved wrong. Sadly not.

Galling to see Petrie and Lindsay strutting about regardless afterwards, or certain players laughing and joking en route to the team bus. Justifiably most looked ashamed.

Fair play to those who travelled and great to hear the support for Calderwood. Remains to be seen whether he's the right man for the job but tonight the buck stops with those losers on the pitch.

What I can't understand is the lack of professional pride. I'm sure a lot of them don't want to be at Hibs come next season, but surely a semblance of self-respect would stir and you would want to perform, at least for yourself, in front of the cameras to impress another club.

Rant over. Away to greet in a darkened room.

HibeeMcGinn1
18-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Both dingwall and tonight really made me have serious thoughts about stop wasting my money on away games but I kept going last time so I can guarantee I'll be at Motherwell on Saturday. Come on the Hibees!

GreenCastle
18-01-2011, 11:52 PM

Forget everything that's wrong with the club - from boardroom mismanagement of the football department right down to petty little problems I have.

That was a disgrace tonight. 11 full-time SPL 'professionals' on good money who were deservedly second best to a part-time Division Two team. And in no way do I mean to patronise Ayr Utd because they were terrific - hungry from the first whistle and passed the ball with confidence, refusing to panic.

We had nothing, not a solitary bright spot. Hapless and hopeless. And the worst thing is I expected that to happen tonight. Hoped I'd be proved wrong. Sadly not.

Galling to see Petrie and Lindsay strutting about regardless afterwards, or certain players laughing and joking en route to the team bus. Justifiably most looked ashamed.

Fair play to those who travelled and great to hear the support for Calderwood. Remains to be seen whether he's the right man for the job but tonight the buck stops with those losers on the pitch.

What I can't understand is the lack of professional pride. I'm sure a lot of them don't want to be at Hibs come next season, but surely a semblance of self-respect would stir and you would want to perform, at least for yourself, in front of the cameras to impress another club.

Fair post :agree: I understand what you are saying.

This is the part you would think would come natural as a PRO.

The part timers looked more like the PRO's this evening.

Perspective
18-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Fair post :agree: I understand what you are saying.

This is the part you would think would come natural as a PRO.

The part timers looked more like the PRO's this evening.

Honestly, out of the whole first-team squad I'd keep Booth, Hanlon and Wotherspoon.

Also don't mind guys like John Rankin who give it their all but just aren't good enough. It's the ones who do have the ability but are essentially wasters that just make my blood boil.

Lofarl
18-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Fans were great tonight except the wee bunch of neds letting of fireworks. Idiotic tools. I would have summed the mood on the terrace tonight as gallows humor.

We know we are *****, we even sang this. I and I bet quite a few others expected a defeat. That would have been unthinkable even two years ago, but hey thats Hibs.

Had a quick scan of the highlights to see the goal and me on the telly. Plus Petrie looked a grim bugger when the camera focused on him not long after the gtf chants.

Bad Martini
19-01-2011, 12:08 AM
to Somerset park that is. could hear them almost throughout the game,trying to cajole.entice or whatever was needed to force the players to play for the jersey.never quite got they wanted or deserved

:agree:

The odious Ayr fans were only partially shut up by the folk who went.

The wage thieves on the pitch done NOTHING to silence them.

hats off to every single Hibby there tonight :agree: :not worth

smurf
19-01-2011, 12:08 AM

Name and shame them.

basehibby
19-01-2011, 01:34 AM

:agree: - :top marksto all the Hibbys who travelled - YOU DESERVED SO MUCH MORE FROMTHE TEAM !

Barney McGrew
19-01-2011, 06:42 AM
The fannny that lobbed one at the stewards on the way out could have taken someone's eye out.

Closely followed by him and his mates giving a rendition of the Edinburgh Song. ********s.

The Hibs support were excellent, and as someone else mentioned further up, it was bizarrely enjoyable despite the roasters in yellow on the pitch. And good to hear CC acknowledge the backing we gave them.

Baldy Foghorn
19-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Hibs fans were good last night, pity the team did not match the committment.

Wonder how many will travel to Motherwell on the back of last nights performance and result?

Baldy Foghorn
19-01-2011, 07:27 AM

Any players laughing and joking after yet another embarrassing gutless performance should be sacked on the spot.

Jack
19-01-2011, 07:35 AM
I was in the pub up town watching it on about 10 tellies.

I thought the support were a bit quiet to start with and was surprised when I read on here about the good atmosphere. THEN.

You guys that were there came over loud and clear – a whole range of songs and chants. :thumbsup:

There were foreigners and others in the pub who commented on the noise you guys made! You kept it going.

You quite often drowned out the ‘noise’ the commentators were making!

You guys have been a credit to the club all season and even more so recently. :agree:

A glimmer of hope on an otherwise barren landscape. :flag:

Nakedmanoncrack
19-01-2011, 08:12 AM

True, what about the steward swinging punches though?

Closely followed by him and his mates giving a rendition of the Edinburgh Song. ********s.

Not the brightest that lot, found myself in their company after the match, and 2 of the group were of mixed race!

happiehibbie
19-01-2011, 08:19 AM
I would like to say to the fans well done you are brave passionate guys and deserve the answers from RP

Riordans Boots
19-01-2011, 09:22 AM

:agree: The singing was superb

Top marks to the dedicated Hibs fans for going :top marks

HibbyRod
19-01-2011, 09:38 AM

Perspective, any chance of you naming and shaming these gits please?

I'd really like to know who they are. :fuming:

RIP
19-01-2011, 09:45 AM

There's one dude in particular that was at Carlisle pre-match starting this song that's been mentioned in dispatches once too often this season. Don't get me wrong he's a great song starter but his repertoire contains way too much abuse e.g. Weegies, Mercer, Refugees, Edinburgh song.

He will either need to screw the nut or he will end up getting booted out and nobody wants to see enthusiatic Hibbies getting banned - however misguided

Diclonius
19-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Sang for the full 90 minutes, but moved away from the main part of the stand when 1. I almost got hit (twice) by a gas canister aimed at the policeman, and 2. there was a melee when a couple guys got arrested next to me.

Some atmosphere though, like. :cool2:

Purehibee_MYB
19-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Hibs fans were great last night...encouraging the team all the way...Did not get what they deserved whatsoever...Season over now unfortunately

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Hibs fans were great last night...encouraging the team all the way...Did not get what they deserved whatsoever...Season over now unfortunately

Far from it - we have to stay up :agree:

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Can we all send some fireworks to Colin Calderwood, so he can stick some of them up most of the players and his arse. Perhaps that will waken them up?

mickki40
19-01-2011, 10:22 AM
I was there last night and thought 12th man and Hibees fans were awesome. The singing went on for almost 90 minutes and most of it posotive, However, not 1 hibee player had the decency to come over and clap the tremendous supporters. I for one will wait till the Motherwell Game is over, if a Hibs player does not acknowledge that the fans are working their nuts off getting singing going etc, then I will be making a european stance and wearing a surgeons mask to indicate I will not be singing for the team at future games. The Hibs 12th Man initiative has brought the singing back to the team. The team should have least have the decency to acknowledge the fans. Rant Over.

mickki40
19-01-2011, 10:27 AM
We're all mad, simple as that!

Or Very...very...very drunk

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 10:28 AM
I was there last night and thought 12th man and Hibees fans were awesome. The singing went on for almost 90 minutes and most of it posotive, However, not 1 hibee player had the decency to come over and clap the tremendous supporters. I for one will wait till the Motherwell Game is over, if a Hibs player does not acknowledge that the fans are working their nuts off getting singing going etc, then I will be making a european stance and wearing a surgeons mask to indicate I will not be singing for the team at future games. The Hibs 12th Man initiative has brought the singing back to the team. The team should have least have the decency to acknowledge the fans. Rant Over.

I wouldn't have wanted those players to clap me had i been there, I'd have given them dogs abuse if they had come anywhere near me at full time.

Purehibee_MYB
19-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Far from it - we have to stay up :agree:

Ohh did you HAVE to mention that...just makes me more depressed!

Craig_in_Prague
19-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Now the fans are refreshed on best way to get there, nearest pubs etc......is useful to know coz we'll be going back there in August or so.

Hiber-nation
19-01-2011, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't have wanted those players to clap me had i been there, I'd have given them dogs abuse if they had come anywhere near me at full time.

Exactly. I didn't travel all that way in the pishin rain to see the players give me a wee clap for coming - all I wanted was a bit of effort and desire. Nae ****in chance.

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Can we all send some fireworks to Colin Calderwood, so he can stick some of them up most of the players and his arse. Perhaps that will waken them up?

:faf: involuntary laughter there

Nakedmanoncrack
19-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Exactly. I didn't travel all that way in the pishin rain to see the players give me a wee clap for coming - all I wanted was a bit of effort and desire. Nae ****in chance.

The players did the right thing by just getting off at the end, to be honest I would have been livid, sorry even more livid, if they had come towards us applauding.

LancashireHibby
19-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Or Very...very...very drunk

It helps!

Alex Trager
19-01-2011, 02:25 PM
just back....Top marks to each and everyone who was there..great support for the team :flag::flag:(pity they could not repay that with a result) signing from start to finish...some of the chants started were very funny

This might sound wierd but its the most enjoyable match I have been to in about 18 months...:greengrin

Said that to my pal, this is going to be the best game-even if we get beat- we'll be at all season...... and it was

silverhibee
19-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Wonder how many will travel to Motherwell on the back of last nights performance and result?

Not many thats for sure, it cost me all in £80 to go to the game last night, i cant see me going through to Motherwell on Saturday to watch that rubbish.

Barney McGrew
19-01-2011, 06:37 PM
He will either need to screw the nut or he will end up getting booted out and nobody wants to see enthusiatic Hibbies getting banned - however misguided

I would.

I'd be happy for people singing racist filth like that to never be able to watch Hibs again

EasterRoad4Ever
19-01-2011, 06:44 PM

:agree: Petrie's and Calderwood will be disappointed as they can no longer blame the lack of vocal support on the team's inept performance. If anything, it kills that argument dead in its tracks.

Billy Whizz
19-01-2011, 06:51 PM

I'm going on Saturday. Regardless of what went on last night, we need to support HIBS at Motherwell. I've already moved on from last nights debacle and already looking forward to Saturday's game.

I was in the Old Stand at Somerset last night and most of the Hibs supporters were quiet for he whole game, almost a resignation that we were going to lose. One guy lost it at the end of the game and ripped into Calderwood!!!

cabbageandribs1875
19-01-2011, 07:00 PM
always enjoy the short trip through to motherwell:agree:

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 07:02 PM
always enjoy the short trip through to motherwell:agree:

Me too, its the nearest game to me, that and Hamilton. Am i going? Am i bollox. It will be easter road and thats it for me, and only because i have a season ticket.

h1bs4life
19-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Was also in the old stand last night,only about 80 of us in there. Lots of older faces in there, seen it all before losing cup games to so called smaller teams. Quiet in there , well done the guys behind the goals made a noise through out the game. As for the so called players on the park the less said about them the better.

DAVE1875
19-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Give each of the supporters who travelled to Ayr last night (Except the ones who got arrested) a medal and their money back

Gala Foxes
19-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Give each of the supporters who travelled to Ayr last night (Except the ones who got arrested) a medal and their money back

get Nish Rankin Hart Smith & Miller to go round to their houses and do some unpaid odd jobs

DAVE1875
19-01-2011, 07:20 PM
get Nish Rankin Hart Smith & Miller to go round to their houses and do some unpaid odd jobs

Agreed, although it might be best to have Smith as supervisor, he'd drop anything he was handed

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 07:25 PM

Get Nish to paint the skirting boards, should be fine at that.

Gala Foxes
19-01-2011, 07:26 PM

this could start a whole new thread "101 things to do with Colin Nish"

DAVE1875
19-01-2011, 07:27 PM

He's already on the ground so he can't fall over. Rankin would just run around not knowing what to do, Miller would do something for a while then lose interest and Smith would drop everything you gave him

LancashireHibby
19-01-2011, 07:28 PM

I wonder where "play up front" would come in that list? 102?

Gala Foxes
19-01-2011, 07:29 PM
He's already on the ground so he can't fall over. Rankin would just run around not knowing what to do, Miller would do something for a while then lose interest and Smith would drop everything you gave him

Liam Miller would start the task with boundless enthusiasm then when he has had his coffee break and a kit kat he will lapse into lethargy until the next door neighbour tempts him across with a pot of tea and a Tunnocks Caramel wafer

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 07:30 PM

0-101 get rid.

At The Edge
19-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Liam Miller would be the workie who just leans on the sweeping brush or shovel, looks like hes doing some work but really hes doing nowt, waiting to clock off for the day. :wink:

Diclonius
19-01-2011, 08:06 PM

:faf: