PDA

View Full Version : 18 days into the transfer windae

macca70
18-01-2011, 10:04 PM
And not even a sniff of any fresh faces at ER.

Absolute disgrace, the current team is stale and desperate for freshening up.

We let Bamba go in the 1st minute of the transfer window being open, we know there are 16 out of contract and IMO every 1 of the 16 can walk out that door now.

Beaten and played off the park by Hearts, oot the cup and in a relegation battle.

18 days in and I don't accept this rubbish that CC hasn't yet established any targets or that we've been in negotiations with players but stalling due to money.

We should have had a centre half, central midfielder and a centre forward sorted out and signed on 1st January.

new malkyhib
18-01-2011, 10:07 PM
And not even a sniff of any fresh faces at ER.

Absolute disgrace, the current team is stale and desperate for freshening up.

We let Bamba go in the 1st minute of the transfer window being open, we know there are 16 out of contract and IMO every 1 of the 16 can walk out that door now.

Beaten and played off the park by Hearts, oot the cup and in a relegation battle.

18 days in and I don't accept this rubbish that CC hasn't yet established any targets or that we've been in negotiations with players but stalling due to money.

We should have had a centre half, central midfielder and a centre forward sorted out and signed on 1st January.

Watch yourself macca - there'll be some on here after you telling you that kind of talk is fanciful and unrealistic - don't say I didn't warn you...

McIntosh
18-01-2011, 10:12 PM
[/B]

Watch yourself macca - there'll be some on here after you telling you that kind of talk is fanciful and unrealistic - don't say I didn't warn you...

Even the Board apologists will be in shock after that result. We really need quality what ever the price.

H!BEE
18-01-2011, 10:15 PM
"We should have had a centre half, central midfielder and a centre forward sorted out and signed on 1st January."

and a right back, left back, right mid, left mid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A WHOLE NEW F'in TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The club just doesnt care about football at all, or the fans.

just listened to butchers interview i wish our manager came out and spoke like that, but no what do we do, have a chairman who jumps into bed with the old firm
for an extra hundred thousand pounds from TV money.

ITS THE FANS WHO GIVE THE CLUBS MILLIONS NOT THE F'in TV!

EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH OUR CLUB AND SCOTTISH FOOTBALL!

I AM Furious!!

macca70
18-01-2011, 10:26 PM
The team needs a backbone and it's a complete farce that no new faces were brought in on the 1st Jan.

We managed to get Bamba oot the door and conduct that bit of business quick enough.

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-01-2011, 10:29 PM
I honestly cannot see Hibs being able to attract players who are good enough to keep us up. Why would anybody want to sign for Hibs in the current mess we're in? You can forget Adam Rooney for a start, no chance he'll come.

Play the younger players, may as well go down by giving them some experience cause the experienced players in the squad have got us into this mess.

macca70
19-01-2011, 08:47 AM
I honestly cannot see Hibs being able to attract players who are good enough to keep us up. Why would anybody want to sign for Hibs in the current mess we're in? You can forget Adam Rooney for a start, no chance he'll come.
Play the younger players, may as well go down by giving them some experience cause the experienced players in the squad have got us into this mess.

If we're not attracting quality then the main reason IMO must be due to money we're offering in wages.

The club are in perfect position in terms of infrastructure, stadium, training facilities, debt etc but unfortunately we're miles behind where it matters and thats on the park.

Saorsa
19-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Stumbling b(ol)locks :agree:

McIntosh
19-01-2011, 09:06 AM
There can be no excuses were are well past them. We need action this day a good old fashioned knee jerk reactions is in order.

Our biscuit tin must be opened.

Hamish
19-01-2011, 09:09 AM
If we're not attracting quality then the main reason IMO must be due to money we're offering in wages.

The club are in perfect position in terms of infrastructure, stadium, training facilities, debt etc but unfortunately we're miles behind where it matters and thats on the park.

From what I have been told we have tried to get a couple in from England but neither wanted to play in the SPL

macca70
19-01-2011, 09:22 AM
From what I have been told we have tried to get a couple in from England but neither wanted to play in the SPL

Wonder how far down the line it got before Hibs established there targets had no interest playing in Scotland. Surely it should have become apparent from the outset before wasting much time pursueing the player.

Knowing footballers, if the deal is right, I'm pretty sure they would move. Sounds to me like an issue with wages.

Motherwell lost out on a player to a team in the English Confrence as they were offering him more money!!

The transfer window hasnt changed, we had the whole of the start of the season to establish signing targets, Aug - Dec!!

I am furious, the position we're in, with 16 out of contract that we're now 19 days into the transfer window and still no new signings and we're being told there's no issues re money. It must be our scouting network then or Calderwoods ability to attract players :confused:

Andy74
19-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Wonder how far down the line it got before Hibs established there targets had no interest playing in Scotland. Surely it should have become apparent from the outset before wasting much time pursueing the player.

Knowing footballers, if the deal is right, I'm pretty sure they would move. Sounds to me like an issue with wages.

Motherwell lost out on a player to a team in the English Confrence as they were offering him more money!!

The transfer window hasnt changed, we had the whole of the start of the season to establish signing targets, Aug - Dec!!

I am furious, the position we're in, with 16 out of contract that we're now 19 days into the transfer window and still no new signings and we're being told there's no issues re money. It must be our scouting network then or Calderwoods ability to attract players :confused:

Of course wages ar an issue if you want quality players.

We are the size we are and we have the income we have, not much we can do about that.

Hamish
19-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Any player thinking over a move to us must have been impressed with what he saw last night though

macca70
19-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Of course wages ar an issue if you want quality players.

We are the size we are and we have the income we have, not much we can do about that.

Totally agree with you, so if we have a budget for shopping Lidl then why are we wasting time window shopping in Harvey Nicholls for players that arent interested in coming to play in Scotland.

We should have had targets established and negotiations done throughout December to bring players in on January 1st.

January was such a massive month for us, we've not won a game, not even scored a goal.

We were quick enough letting Bamba go so those negotiations were clearly happening, prior to the window opening.

Barman Stanton
19-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Players will move anywhere if the deal is right. I think that we need to take a hit and spend more than we can afford this once. The alternative looks like a couple of years in the lower league, back to 5k season tickets and losing millions. This is a crisis and it certainly doesn't look like the current players can get us out of it.

Our board are paid very well, it's time for them to earn it and get us out this mess. And quick!

sh00byd00
19-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Strange that people still think it's as easy as buying in more tripe to replace the current tripe we have in the team. We've probably bought in more players in the last two years than we have the 4 years preceding those 2 years and if anything, it's set us back.

We need a manager with some tactical savvy, we need a manager the players will respect, we need a manager that will take those lazy, useless imposters by the baws and give them what for if they continue to under perform and most of all, we need a manager that has the balls to stand up to those that disrupt the dressing room by thinking that their opinion carries more weight than the guy managing them.

I don't believe for a second that the current crop of players are as bad if not worse than the likes of Hamilton or St Mirren, i just think certain players think they can get away with murder because they ultimately know the fans will direct their anger elsewhere.

BEEJ
19-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Probably due (at least in part) to the number of times teams play each other up here. I've heard that said by English players before.

They'll just adore the 10 team SPL, then! :rolleyes: