PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to see Calderwood go?

hibeemikey21
18-01-2011, 09:04 PM
For me, its a definite no. There is no way he has, or could have, been exposed as a bad manager yet.

I dont think that the problem is Calderwood at all, rather the absolute dross he has inherited and is forced to work with. When we were 1-0 down, around the 60th minute tonight, you are looking for changes. You turn round and see players like Galbraith, Wotherspoon and Zemmama. These players are either just returning from serious injury or having a crisis in confidence much like the players they will be replacing. To put it simply, there is NOTHING there.

I really hope that he is given until at least Autumn, that way he can be given the chance to get rid of all that is wrong, and has been wrong with this team for the last 2 or so years, and bring in his own players. After that, a judgement on his management can be made.

If he goes, it will only add to the turmoil IMO.

Judas Iscariot
18-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes

hibeemikey21
18-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Yes

Good input.

Last Minute
18-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Yes get him out he's an imposter and has not got a clue.

JE89
18-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Been pish but too early. Pish players and yet another manager change would probably only worsen things.

Hibby 2005
18-01-2011, 09:38 PM
He does appear to show a worrying inability to identify his strongest 11.

erskine-hibby
18-01-2011, 09:38 PM
No.
He needs time to get in the players he wants. The ones we have at present are pish and not cutting it...that is not his fault.

PaulSmith
18-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Right now I don't really care, nothing to suggest that we'll improve with him at the helm.

I'm neither here nor there with him

Jonnyboy
18-01-2011, 09:43 PM
No.
He needs time to get in the players he wants. The ones we have at present are pish and not cutting it...that is not his fault.

Easier said than done EH. To do that he needs to offload a fair few and crucially he needs the Board to give him the funds to sign replacements.

Billy McKirdy
18-01-2011, 09:43 PM
:agree:Have to agree with the OP here:agree:

CC can only work with what is at his disposal, if they choose not to perform then he has to get his own players in, only then can we even begin to judge him :agree:

He can tinker, shuffle, move-about, try something new ect...ect...ect....but until he gets his own players in, we cant JUDGE him! :greengrin

He has a monumental task tbf, but lets give him a chance at least.

there may be the argument that Craig Brown et al..have turned things around at Aberdeen, but, maybe, just maybe, circumstances are different down Pittodrie way, ie:he has a better class of player ect...ect...ect...!

I, and many other Hibbies beleive that the current incumbents at East Mains are well past their sell-by date and its time for the majority to move on....pronto!!

A new broom beckons me-thinks :D :agree:

Drewster
18-01-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure he is the man brave enough to leave out players like Riordan, Murray, Hart and Nish whose races are clearly run!!

Booth demonstrated how far off the pace these players are when he came on the pitch with some drive, pace and enthusiasm for the game - looking to get forward and not back or across the pitch playing nothing passes all the time!!!

Calderwood is barking up the wrong tree if he thinks the experienced players can get us out of this mess?

Judas Iscariot
Good input.

And you offered more where?!

SmokieJoe
No, but questions must be asked, and i for one have asked others to be patient in the past.

Why is it the we start playing our game at around the 80 min mark?

Zouma came on.

Any time a team wants to WIN a game, usually the field their most attacking team...

I am now for the first time questioning the selection and tactics of the game tonight

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm not sure he is the man brave enough to leave out players like Riordan, Murray, Hart and Nish whose races are clearly run!!

Booth demonstrated how far off the pace these players are when he came on the pitch with some drive, pace and enthusiasm for the game - looking to get forward and not back or across the pitch playing nothing passes all the time!!!

Calderwood is barking up the wrong tree if he thinks the experienced players can get us out of this mess?

In a word bollocks, Riordon has run his race? LMFAO

Hart showed more progression than from the left, and Murray played in centre defence, to my mind thats the first time since ? (i did not see the team layout on saturday pasts game)

Sir David Gray
18-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Yes.

Bringing in a decent manager will save us from relegation as we still have 18 matches left of the season so there's plenty of time for the new guy to have an effect on results and performances.

Getting relegated would be disastrous for Hibs and leaving Calderwood in charge is simply a risk that we cannot afford to take.

NAE NOOKIE
18-01-2011, 09:53 PM
I didnt vote because I do think that our current plight is more the fault of under performing players than the manager.... but only to a point.

With what he has at his disposal the fact that he cant put a team on the park capable of even scoring a goal against a 2nd division team of part timers over 2 games if frankly unacceptable.

So far his record is shocking and he has shown no sign whatsoever of being able to organize what he does have into a football team.

Sorry CC. I dont believe you should be sacked, but I do think it is time to start showing you have at least some idea as to what you are doing.

johncrobertson@
18-01-2011, 09:55 PM
No way should he go! We have a manager who has a bit of pedigree ie promotion with both Northampton and Notts Forest. Our previous managers did not have his record, he has inherited a team of journeyman who have no passion or skill. These players were signed by our previous managers who all had Hibs connections and they got it wrong.

People like Nish, Rankin, McBride, Hart, etc are an insult to the jersey. Even Riordan who I have previously admired is now not trying a leg.

CC needs time to bring in a few quality players and blend them with the promising youngsters we have - Booth and Wetherspoon had an energy when they came on that was missing from the rest!

Nobody complained when we got CC and adding Derek Adams was a real bonus - we have to trust them to turn this around. We should not judge them until they have added their own signings. They will only succeed however if they are backed by the Board.

PapillonVert
18-01-2011, 10:05 PM
I voted "yes" - reluctantly, as I do not feel that CC has been given a proper chance but enough is enough! He is clearly out of his depth and is floundering and doesn't seem to have the first notion how to turn things around.

Now, I feel totally sorry for CC, having inherited a bunch of completely hopeless, hapless and useless losers, but unfortunately he hasn't shown that he can make any difference.

I accept (and have said so in the past) that not even Jose Mourinho could motivate this lacklustre bunch but I am really finding it difficult to see what good CC is doing or what he can change to turn things around.

So, with regret, Colin, you're fired!

Mind you, who would want this poisoned chalice?

And the "players" (I use the term loosely) should hang their heads in shame as their spinelessness and gutlessness have now probably seen off two essentially decent guys who have tried their hardest with the most inept, incompetent and unprofessional bunch that it is possible to imagine.

BTW, tonight's result did not surprise me in the slightest. I would have been more surprised if we had won. What is more worrying is that it is hard to see where we are going to be picking up any points at all in the league. We simply do not have a team which has enough quality to deserve to be in the SPL (and the average quality of the SPL is low enough, Lord help us all).

woody47
18-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Sorry but I really don't think he is good enough to be a manager of even a 2nd division club. He has changed the team around week in week out which is no good. You can't have the amount of changes he has without it affecting the team.

Surely by now he knows who can play and who can't. His insistence on playing guys like Rankin, Nish, De Graaf to name a few is down to the manager and not the players like everyone is trying to put the blame onto. Yes the players need to get their heads out of their own ar$e$ but it is still the manager who picks them and who trains them and has to get them geed up for the game.

All this cr@p about the team he inherited. Yes there are many duds in there but surely we have enough half decent players to put out an eleven that should be at least middle table and beating part-bloody-timers!!!!!

We need to have a massive clearance and it should start at the very top. At this moment I would rather have a dump of a ground with training at Gullane and the meadows but sitting in the top three than what we have right now.

sesoim
18-01-2011, 10:10 PM
I feel a bit sorry for CC, but he is NOT he right guy for this job, I have been saying it since we were first linked with him.

That team was woeful again tonight, but I think the right manager would have booted their ***** and then got them going again weeks ago. A decent manager would also have signed at least a couple of players by now.

Ultimately it is ONE person to blame for all this, though - Petrie. He has failed in his job. He does not know how to appoint managers. He is not a football man and should not be in charge of this club.

STF, it is time for you to become involved - this is YOUR investment after all. Tell Petrie to step aside, and appoint a football minded guy to run this club.

ScottB
18-01-2011, 10:13 PM
It would be madness to sack the guy now.

Is he the right man for the job? I'm still to be convinced. For me I want to see an improvement between now and the seasons end if he is to be trusted with rebuilding the side.

If we go down, he's out, no question. We may be playing poorly, but our squad is more than capable of survival at a minimum.

ScottB
18-01-2011, 10:15 PM
I feel a bit sorry for CC, but he is NOT he right guy for this job, I have been saying it since we were first linked with him.

That team was woeful again tonight, but I think the right manager would have booted their ***** and then got them going again weeks ago. A decent manager would also have signed at least a couple of players by now.

Ultimately it is ONE person to blame for all this, though - Petrie. He has failed in his job. He does not know how to appoint managers. He is not a football man and should not be in charge of this club.

STF, it is time for you to become involved - this is YOUR investment after all. Tell Petrie to step aside, and appoint a football minded guy to run this club.

Can we stop this 'football minded' stuff? What clubs are run by these mysterious football minded men exactly?

sesoim
18-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Can we stop this 'football minded' stuff? What clubs are run by these mysterious football minded men exactly?

Most clubs, apart form EPL teams who have foreign owners, probably have football minded guys in charge. Even then, most foreign owners probably do their homework and get advisors in. I see no evidence that Petrie has a clue about football and what it takes to be a successful manager at Hibs going by his appointments.

SloopJB
18-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Don't want to see anyone go, I want to see a Hibs team compete and win,

ScottB
18-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Most clubs, apart form EPL teams who have foreign owners, probably have football minded guys in charge. Even then, most foreign owners probably do their homework and get advisors in. I see no evidence that Petrie has a clue about football and what it takes to be a successful manager at Hibs going by his appointments.

I can't think of a single club that doesn't have some sort of businessman as CEO.

The Dons have Willie Miller in some Board Position, but that's about it.

Like it or not, CEO is a business position. Whether or not having a Director of Football to advise the Board is a good idea is up for debate of course, but that's as high as I can think of any sort of ex footballer getting up the tree. Pat Nevin (who folk on here suggest we should get) was CEO of Motherwell. When they went bust mind you...

If Petrie is such a football novice, why is he invited on to SPL and SFA panels? To blame all our troubles on Petrie being an accountant by trade is far too easy.

erskine-hibby
18-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Easier said than done EH. To do that he needs to offload a fair few and crucially he needs the Board to give him the funds to sign replacements.

Exactly and he has had neither. So how can he be judged now??
IMHO the board have been negligent when it was clear, since January, that Yogi was not the man, yet they persisted through the closed season and reacted far too late leaving CC in an unenviable position.
They must stick by him now and at least give him a chance, and cash, to prove what he can do. Unfortunately his first job may be to get us out of the 1st division.