Q - Are the players giving you enough ?

A - Yes

Aye right - what game were you watching Calderwood

steviecarnie
18-01-2011, 09:56 PM

A - Yes

more interested in the shouting in the background, wasnt ayr fans as it was screaming at each other. hopefully a few punch ups in the dressing room, resulting in career ending injuries for 11 players

Wotherspiniesta
18-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Seems so relaxed. Says he enjoys the job. The players are hurting.

Where's the desire? No fire in the belly, Colin!

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-01-2011, 09:58 PM
if the players are giving him enough and he is under no pressure then where we are just now must be more or less where the board expect to be.

Minder
18-01-2011, 09:59 PM

A - Yes

:brickwall

Hibby70
18-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I've stuck up for CC but..

If he truly believes that the players gave enough then sorry he's not the man for the job.

The club should release a statement tomorrow stating that on the back of that result that any Hibs fan who bought a ticket is refunded their money and the players wages are used to pay them.

Springbank
18-01-2011, 10:01 PM
to be fair, how were Rod and CC ever to know that the transfer window would coincide with a derby and the cup game...

it's not like it's the same every year, and it's not like people were given any advance notice on the dates of the window and the fixture list back in August

oh...

.Sean.
Calderwood is not the problem. Petrie needs to back him, and back him now. I feel for Calderwood, I really do, he looks a broken man.

It's the players, and Petrie, that need to have a look at themselves. Keep the young boys. The rest of them, including Darlin' Derek Riordan, can take a running ****ing jump.

Chopping and changing managers does nothing. Look at Mixu now, where would we be if we'd given him time?

SlickShoes
I dont know how to take him, seriously, either he has 5 amazing players lined up and knows something we dont or hes high on something.

topmab
18-01-2011, 10:02 PM

A - Yes

CC can't win with that question! If he said "no their not", it will p**s off the players so he gave the 'correct' reply. Bottom line is that the PLAYERS and their performance is THE issue NOT Calderwood.

HibeeEmma
18-01-2011, 10:02 PM
He's not really enjoying the job he's "really really enjoying job".

Worrying.com

Woody1985
18-01-2011, 10:03 PM
if the players are giving him enough and he is under no pressure then where we are just now must be more or less where the board expect to be.

You know this is utter pish.

Amit
Calderwood is not the problem. Petrie needs to back him, and back him now. I feel for Calderwood, I really do, he looks a broken man.

It's the players, and Petrie, that need to have a look at themselves. Keep the young boys. The rest of them, including Darlin' Derek Riordan, can take a running ****ing jump.

Chopping and changing managers does nothing. Look at Mixu now, where would we be if we'd given him time?

Chopping and changing your team every week doesn't help either....!!

RMQ1967

A - Yes

Give the guy a break - what do you expect him to say!! No they're a bunch of brainless / lazy / untalented / gutless weaklings!

If he came out & said what he really thought I'd want him out as he'd have lost it. As it is he's the only one that seems to be holding it together!

matty_f
18-01-2011, 10:05 PM

In a must win game where an upset was on the cards, he went with probably his most experienced side. I can understand why.

It's just a pity that experience doesn't give them guts or any sort of ability.

HibeeEmma
18-01-2011, 10:07 PM

A - Yes

Found it quite amusing tbh when it goes back to the studio and Neil McCann just said "well they're clearly not"

Jim44
18-01-2011, 10:07 PM
I really think he is way out of his comfort zone up here. He managed to wing it down in England because that was his scene but he looks like, sounds like and, results suggest it, a guy who has lost it. I think he might walk away.

gorgie_harp
18-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Seems so relaxed. Says he enjoys the job. The players are hurting.

Where's the desire? No fire in the belly, Colin!

as did yogi, one year ago.:grr::grr:

James.
18-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Give the guy a break - what do you expect him to say!! No they're a bunch of brainless / lazy / untalented / gutless weaklings!

If he came out & said what he really thought I'd want him out as he'd have lost it. As it is he's the only one that seems to be holding it together!

Correct. As pathetic as the current crop are and as much as it probably pains him, as manager, he needs to back them in public.

Hibstrooper
He managed to dodge the question about if there was enough quality as the interviewer stupidly gave him an easy out by bringing up Bamba and Stokes.

His answer to that question would have been more interesting

lobster
He's not really enjoying the job he's "really really enjoying job".

Worrying.com

:agree:

That bit got me too. Kinda sad really.

loanheadhibby
18-01-2011, 10:12 PM

I'd like him to grow a pair and tell us what he really thinks of the gutless twats

leithsansiro
18-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Is he really enjoying his job? Presiding over a sinking ship? That said, I'm sure that the captain of the Titanic was feeling fairly chuffed with himself after they had set sail. Actually, a bit like him, didn't he also reputedly say that nobody should worry after the iceberg had been struck?

:titanic:

Ayr are a bloody huge iceberg, and we're taking on water quick. Everyone, abandon ship! Hogg, you pass out the lifejackets.

Actually, on second thoughts, nobody on the team can pass anything to each other, so don't bother.

Hibby70
18-01-2011, 10:14 PM
I dont know how to take him, seriously, either he has 5 amazing players lined up and knows something we dont or hes high on something.

Crespo it is then :wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
18-01-2011, 10:15 PM

A - Yes

I can see the logic in him defending his own players but I think the performance tonight was indefensible. He has to at least acknowledge that the players effort is not up to scratch. The only one word answer to that question is No. 2 words, 'definitely not', three words 'not ****ing close'.

archiebald
18-01-2011, 10:16 PM
calderwood is not the problem. Petrie needs to back him, and back him now. I feel for calderwood, i really do, he looks a broken man.

It's the players, and petrie, that need to have a look at themselves. Keep the young boys. The rest of them, including darlin' derek riordan, can take a running ****ing jump.

Chopping and changing managers does nothing. Look at mixu now, where would we be if we'd given him time?

never more true words

EasterRoad4Ever
18-01-2011, 10:19 PM
CC can't win with that question! If he said "no their not", it will p**s off the players so he gave the 'correct' reply. Bottom line is that the PLAYERS and their performance is THE issue NOT Calderwood.

Normally, I'd agree but with this bunch of wasters what would be the harm ? No goals in 4 matches, No wins in 9. Could it really get any worse ?

new malkyhib
18-01-2011, 10:19 PM
He's either a brilliant actor, or his dour persona is such that he makes Alex Miller sound like Ken Dodd.

Talking of comedians, the camera switched to Petrie in the stand looking his usual impassive self. I've said it before, I really wonder what attracted Petrie to him if that's how the guy was at the interview for the job:confused:

Strangely enough I do feel sorry for him - if he walks his away his reputation is damaged - ditto if he stays and we get relegated with a record low points total...damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

LaMotta
18-01-2011, 10:20 PM

Exactly!

His changes are just bizarre. I ken we are pish, but stick with the eleven least pish players for **** sake.

ronaldo7
18-01-2011, 10:21 PM

:top marks Shock horror, manager supports players to outsiders.

Get real Gala

EasterRoad4Ever
18-01-2011, 10:23 PM
:agree:

That bit got me too. Kinda sad really.

:agree: Crap answer. He seems to be a man of few words... on drugs... who struggles to express anything other than apathy and resignation. A less inspirational manager you'd be hard pressed to find. :rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
18-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Yogi said the same stuff last year but was hounded out..

Somehow CC's comments are acceptable even after the WORST Hibs performance in MANY a year..

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2011, 10:27 PM
:agree: Crap answer. He seems to be a man of few words... on drugs... who struggles to express anything other than apathy and resignation. A less inspirational manager you'd be hard pressed to find. :rolleyes:

Agreed - and especially withy Adams as the number 2, a less inspiring double act would be impossible to find.

Joke.

CmoantheHibs
18-01-2011, 10:36 PM

Agree totally.Id be more interested in what he is saying behind the scenes.To me he was seething but trying to hide it.

ScottB
18-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Ordinarily I would support the manager giving the stock 'yes they are putting in an effort' type response, but I'm sorry, in the circumstances it just isn't good enough.

Yes, he has a responsibility as manager to try and keep us out of the sports pages for the wrong reasons, to keep business in private, but guess what, we are in the pages for all the wrong reasons and it is painfully apparent that they aren't trying their asses. Sticking to the PR line makes him sound like a spineless chump.

And most importantly, given our current run of 'form' and the sheer embarrassment of the latest in a ridiculously long line of Scottish Cup disasters, we, the fans, are hurting. He also has a responsibility to us, far more than to a squad of lazy good for nothings who almost to a man will be out the door in a few months time anyway, to be our mouthpiece. In the circumstances, some honesty from CC would have taken the edge off, had he come out to the cameras clearly in a rage after the mics clearly picking up him screaming, it would have at least let us see for sure (because if we are being sensible, we can all guess what CC really thinks) as to exactly what Colin thinks of the squad.

I reckon our last few managers have been far too concerned with the poor fragile wee feelings of our players and not enough with treating the fans with respect. A simple 'no comment' would be far better than the tired 'aye the boys pure down me good eh.'