PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow..

Judas Iscariot
18-01-2011, 08:43 PM
1st thing tomorrow morning I'm posting my ST back to Easter Road, marked FAO Rod Petrie..

I've had enough..

I've backed Hibs finacially this year as my ST is paid for but I won't be back at ER..

Utterly woeful, Calderwood hasn't got it and should go asap along with Petrie :agree:

Hibby70
18-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Wouldnt waste the stamp money.

Judas Iscariot
18-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Wouldnt waste the stamp money.

I'm sending it stampless..

Petrie can pay for it seeing as he pays for **** all else :rolleyes:

murray26
I'm tempted to do the same, utter dross for a very long time.

Hibercelona
1st thing tomorrow morning I'm posting my ST back to Easter Road, marked FAO Rod Petrie..

I've had enough..

I've backed Hibs finacially this year as my ST is paid for but I won't be back at ER..

Utterly woeful, Calderwood hasn't got it and should go asap along with Petrie :agree:

I really don't understand the amount of manager bashing that does the rounds on Hibs.net

Anybody that knows anything about football (not many on here) will know that changing the manager again won't change a thing.

We could bring Alex Ferguson in tomorrow, but I guarantee you that we still wouldn't improve what so ever.

Somethings rotten to the core at the club, and we need to stop using managers as easy scapegoats.

We need to get right down to the roots of the problem and weed it out.

Sorry, but theres clearly far bigger problems at the club than the managers we appoint.

My post wasn't directed at "Fallout Boy" by the way, i'm simply pointing out that there are quite clearly "different" problems at the club.

Beefster
18-01-2011, 08:51 PM
I really don't understand the amount of manager bashing that does the rounds on Hibs.net

Anybody that knows anything about football (not many on here) will know that changing the manager again won't change a thing.

We could bring Alex Ferguson in tomorrow, but I guarantee you that we still wouldn't improve what so ever.

Somethings rotten to the core at the club, and we need to stop using managers as easy scapegoats.

Sorry, but theres clearly far bigger problems at the club than the managers we appoint.

Well said. Let's change the players who have been underperforming for at least 12 months. If we're still ***** after that, let's worry about the manager then.

murray26
18-01-2011, 08:51 PM

Craig Brown at Aberdeen has managed to turn things very quickly, RP and CC have'nt got a clue.

KingFranck
18-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Lets just boycot the huns game or turn up and walk out ...the players seem to turn up then would be as well walking as they don't do anything after that

Craig_in_Prague
18-01-2011, 08:54 PM
CC is the last person i'd clear out at the club.

He's not long in the door and we were already very much on the slide.
Sure, we're all peed off he hasn't turned it round, but I have faith in time, he'll weed out these losers and sometime have us doing a hell of a lot better.
He has done well down south where players are men, and not these bawless shower of pish he's got at his disposal just now. He'll turn it around.

The players must go, quickly. We need to spend, over spend, I dont care, but we need 3 or 4 players to come straight in ASAP.
And Booth must start games, always said he'd do better than good for us. Energetic, a nice touch and plenty effort.

I hope RP stands by CC - and works round the clock to get players in.

Hibercelona
18-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Craig Brown at Aberdeen has managed to turn things very quickly, RP and CC have'nt got a clue.

Thats down to McGhee being a dreadful manager.... and a total prat. :cool2:

Aberdeen do have decent players at their club and Craig Brown brings out the best in them.

I can assure you that Craig Brown wouldn't have the same effect at our club. We don't have many players that you could consider "decent". These players are playing the best they can, but are quite simply tosh.

Judas Iscariot
18-01-2011, 08:55 PM

Aye, especially you :rolleyes:

Aberdeen - Paw Broon
Killie - Mixu
Hertz - Jumbo :jamboak:

But to name 3 teams in the SPL who have became decent sides from just changing the manager..

No us though, we appoint some clueless, inexperienced joey who clearly can't motivate or influence the players we have..

hibeedonald
18-01-2011, 08:55 PM
if you dont want it ill have it :greengrin

KingFranck
18-01-2011, 08:58 PM
if you dont want it ill have it :greengrin

Those must be good drugs your on mate wait til they wear off before making a rash decision like that !

Hibercelona

Aberdeen - Paw Broon
Killie - Mixu

But to name 3 teams in the SPL who have became decent sides from just changing the manager..

No us though, we appoint some clueless, inexperienced joey who clearly can't motivate or influence the players we have..

My point is, these teams already had decent players at their club before they appointed these managers. And these managers are bringing out the best in them.

We could have either of these 3 managers at Hibs (we've already had one of them), and it wouldn't make any difference, because most of our players are actually p!sh, and no decent manager is going to make them play well.

McIntosh
The players must go, quickly. We need to spend, over spend, I dont care, but we need 3 or 4 players to come straight in ASAP.
And Booth must start games, always said he'd do better than good for us. Energetic, a nice touch and plenty effort. I hope RP stands by CC - and works round the clock to get players in.

But when, action this day does not appear to be RP and CC mantra,

Beefster
18-01-2011, 09:00 PM

Aberdeen - Paw Broon
Killie - Mixu

Mixu had a window.

Hearts were sixth when FJK took over and sixth at the end of the season. It took two windows and 8 months for FJK to make an improvement.

Frazerbob
18-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Well said. Let's change the players who have been underperforming for at least 12 months. If we're still ***** after that, let's worry about the manager then.

Do you not think he had enough at his disposal to beat a part time, 2nd division team with only 14 players available, two of which are 16 years old? If he can't get this SPL squad to even score one goal against them over 190+ minutes, added to the shocking record over the last three months, added to his very down beat persona, added to no signings in two weeks of the transfer window, I really don't see why he should be allowed to continue in the job.

Yes, the players are disgrace and each and every one of them should be shipped out as soon as is possible but so should the manager IMO.

bobbyhibs1983
18-01-2011, 09:01 PM

My post wasn't directed at "Fallout Boy" by the way, i'm simply pointing out that there are quite clearly "different" problems at the club.

I can sorta understand what your saying but if a top manager, e.g alex ferguson was our manager then i think things would inprove imo.
I think one of AF biggest streangths is motorvation(prehaps fear?loads of respect?) and thats one area i fear our current(and last couple of managers imo) have lacked.

Do you also think AF wold have this team as fit as they are? or would he boot there you know wheres to outer space and get them fit?

Cropley10
18-01-2011, 09:03 PM

The problem is we've made another mistake, wrong man at the wrong time. But can the same person keep making the same mistake?

Ultimately, he obviously can't? He will realise this himself. Whatever Rod's role is at the Club, IF it doesn't work out with Calderwood, it WILL have to change. That would be the same in any business, or any sport.

chrisski33
18-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Thats down to McGhee being a dreadful manager.... and a total prat. :cool2:

Aberdeen do have decent players at their club and Craig Brown brings out the best in them.

I can assure you that Craig Brown wouldn't have the same effect at our club. We don't have many players that you could consider "decent". These players are playing the best they can, but are quite simply tosh.

personnally think brown would have made a difference but a small one as our players dont care or arent good enough!

ScottB
18-01-2011, 09:04 PM

I've had enough..

Personally I'd mark it FAO John Rankin, Colin Nish, Liam Miller, Derek Riordan, Graeme Smith and all the rest of them. Let's not get carried away, the current crop, if they bothered, are more than good enough to beat Ayr and easily survive in the SPL.

Petrie has his stuff to answer for of course, but the primary blame has to rest with the players. If only Petrie had managed to sneak in termination clauses into their deals, I'd sack almost the whole ******in lot of them tomorrow morning.

macidee1875
18-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Probabaly worst hibs team ever.no direction,no fight,no hunger

nuff said!!!!

Beefster
18-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Do you not think he had enough at his disposal to beat a part time, 2nd division team with only 14 players available, two of which are 16 years old? If he can't get this SPL squad to even score one goal against them over 190+ minutes, added to the shocking record over the last three months, added to his very down beat persona, added to no signings in two weeks of the transfer window, I really don't see why he should be allowed to continue in the job.

Yes, the players are disgrace and each and every one of them should be shipped out as soon as is possible but so should the manager IMO.

In theory, yup. Calderwood hasn't made the blindest bit of difference from Hughes so far but you can't legislate for Riordan, Miller and the rest being so utterly ***** though.

When Hughes was sacked, I thought the next guy would need 2 years to sort out the mess left by him. I don't think that's changed.

EasterRoad4Ever

Sure, we're all peed off he hasn't turned it round, but I have faith in time, he'll weed out these losers and sometime have us doing a hell of a lot better.
He has done well down south where players are men, and not these bawless shower of pish he's got at his disposal just now. He'll turn it around.

And Booth must start games, always said he'd do better than good for us. Energetic, a nice touch and plenty effort.

Yip, McBride is one of those he's already weeded out as a loser, and he's now a 1st team Calderwood pick. How does that work ?

leithsansiro
Anyone tempted to loiter outside East Mains tomorrow and look menacing?:I'm waiti

mcfly
18-01-2011, 09:07 PM
The problem is we've made another mistake, wrong man at the wrong time. But can the same person keep making the same mistake?

Ultimately, he obviously can't? He will realise this himself. Whatever Rod's role is at the Club, IF it doesn't work out with Calderwood, it WILL have to change. That would be the same in any business, or any sport.

something has to be done by fans, i dont know what is the best plan of action but we are a club in crisis and i'm sick of watching hibs.

ive had enough and wont be back - we are a joke and our penny pinching has caught up with us.

the board needs to understand the depth of feeling of fans

nortonhibby
18-01-2011, 09:11 PM

I Agree we must give Colin time good post i am not bothered about us going out the cup but league games are now important we must get behind Colin and the team we must stay up:notworthy:

Frazerbob
In theory, yup. Calderwood hasn't made the blindest bit of difference from Hughes so far but you can't legislate for Riordan, Miller and the rest being so utterly ***** though.

When Hughes was sacked, I thought the next guy would need 2 years to sort out the mess left by him. I don't think that's changed.

I still think there should have been some signs of improvement. Three months in and he has no clue of his best starting 11, no clue of his best formation and he is on record as saying the players are giving enough. Sorry but the guy is uncapable of turning us around. Maybe he didn't realise just how difficult a job he had on his hands.

Danderhall Hibs
Petrie has his stuff to answer for of course, but the primary blame has to rest with the players. If only Petrie had managed to sneak in termination clauses into their deals, I'd sack almost the whole ******in lot of them tomorrow morning.

:agree: Surely there's no need for any clauses just a simple Gross Misconduct would do. I'd get them in tomorrow morning and hand out the P45s.

hibeenicol
18-01-2011, 09:12 PM

Aberdeen - Paw Broon
Killie - Mixu

Who was also hounded out the club. Far to many players picking up wage for doin zilch. I'd get rid of the wasters and wage thiefs at the club before we got rid of calderwood.

Frazerbob
18-01-2011, 09:12 PM
i agree we must give colin time good post i am not bothered about us going out the cup but league games are now important we must get behind colin and the team we must stay up:notworthy:

wtf?

Judas Iscariot
18-01-2011, 09:16 PM
My point is, these teams already had decent players at their club before they appointed these managers. And these managers are bringing out the best in them.

We could have either of these 3 managers at Hibs (we've already had one of them), and it wouldn't make any difference, because most of our players are actually p!sh, and no decent manager is going to make them play well.

Only a ****ing CLUELESS manager would play a player (McBride) who's been told to leave the club in our most vital game of the season..

PATHETIC!!!!!!!

MrRobot
18-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Not enough people would boycott the Rangers game to make it worthwhile. Banners and chants may get the message across but I really don't know what can be done to make them get the finger out. All fans(that are at the game) turning their back to the pitch, banners, walking out - I just dunno if it would give any sort of message. Enough blaming petrie, Sir Tom Farmer you saved as so you'll always be a great guy, but look for a buyer cause the fans are now suffering.

NAE NOOKIE
18-01-2011, 09:25 PM
First went to see Hibs in 1975.

35 Years later I have just started to come to terms with the fact that I will NEVER see Hibs win the Scottish Cup and I am only sodding well 50.

**** off Hibs !!!

Sigh !!!

See ya on the 26th

matty_f
18-01-2011, 09:27 PM

:top marks Saved me typing that.

Ringothedog
18-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Who was also hounded out the club. Far to many players picking up wage for doin zilch. I'd get rid of the wasters and wage thiefs at the club before we got rid of calderwood.

That will be our board of directors including Petrie. They do eff all for the hundreds of thousands pounds they are paid. We are all saying the club is rotten to the core, lets start with the common denominator...petrie. He controls everything at ER. He chooses managers then doesnt back them financially or not as well as could be done, results get worse, he sacks the manager repeat ad finitum. Its time for Petrie to go

RickyS
18-01-2011, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=wee_hibee;2697746]My point is, these teams already had decent players at their club before they appointed these managers. And these managers are bringing out the best in them.

We could have either of these 3 managers at Hibs (we've already had one of them), and it wouldn't make any difference, because most of our players are actually p!sh, and no decent manager is going to make them play well.[/QU

the squad at the sheep is rank, on paper far worse than ours

Sir David Gray
18-01-2011, 09:38 PM

Calderwood came in with 30 games of the season remaining. With the players we have at our disposal, we should be nowhere near relegation trouble but, if anything, in the 3 months that he has been in charge we are actually getting worse, not better.

Having watched Hibs from last February up until October, I didn't think it was actually possible for us to get any worse but we have.

I fully expect Hibs to be relegated this season and Calderwood has to take the responsibility.

A lot of people said that it's unfair on Collins to say that the team that won the cup was Mowbray's side so I don't think it's right to say that this is Hughes' side. Calderwood trains them, coaches them, gives them advice and picks them to play every week. Even Calderwood himself has said in interviews that, although he hasn't signed any of the current players, it is his team.

sevenzero
18-01-2011, 09:39 PM

great post totally agree:agree::agree:

Jimmy Belter
18-01-2011, 10:15 PM
And what mess what that 4th spot & Europe witha squad that had finished 6th 3 years in a row.................lost over £3 million ponuds of players.

Did not sign 16 odd players on 2/3 year deals..........

Had the sense after seeing the players at the club to let about 16 off them to out of contract to gutt the whole place down there.

The club should backed him and gave support & time to do this.

The team now plays kick & rush, at least under him we tried play football.

Judas Iscariot
18-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Can anyone on here justify CC CHOOSING TO pick Smith, Hart, Rankin and McBride over the likes of Brown, Stack, Thicot, Zemamma, Wotherspoon, Galbraith etc..

Especially McBride who has been told to find another club..

Well done CC, superb bit of management there :top marks

:rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Calderwood came in with 30 games of the season remaining. With the players we have at our disposal, we should be nowhere near relegation trouble but, if anything, in the 3 months that he has been in charge we are actually getting worse, not better.

Having watched Hibs from last February up until October, I didn't think it was actually possible for us to get any worse but we have.

I fully expect Hibs to be relegated this season and Calderwood has to take the responsibility.

A lot of people said that it's unfair on Collins to say that the team that won the cup was Mowbray's side so I don't think it's right to say that this is Hughes' side. Calderwood trains them, coaches them, gives them advice and picks them to play every week. Even Calderwood himself has said in interviews that, although he hasn't signed any of the current players, it is his team.

:top marks

frazeHFC
18-01-2011, 10:22 PM

Yet this inexperienced Joey has had 3 promotions in recent year. Blame the players, or RP, for now anyway.

lucky
18-01-2011, 11:14 PM
CC is at fault. 19 players have started since he became manager. HE is dull and uninspiring. The fact is in 3 hours against a part-time 2nd Division side we could not score. He has picked players who he has said can leave. For me, we should just cut our losses and get rid of him before its too late. Under Yogi we were drifting under CC we rapidly heading for relegation.

Beefster
18-01-2011, 11:23 PM

Hibs haven't gotten any worse results, goals scored or goals conceded-wise under Calderwood. They haven't gotten any better but we're no worse than under Hughes. I posted detailed stats earlier today.

As I said elsewhere, you don't arrest 10 months of under-performance with a wee bit of coaching and team-talks. It takes player turnover.

Baldy Foghorn
18-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Can anyone on here justify CC CHOOSING TO pick Smith, Hart, Rankin and McBride over the likes of Brown, Stack, Thicot, Zemamma, Wotherspoon, Galbraith etc..

Especially McBride who has been told to find another club..

Well done CC, superb bit of management there :top marks

:rolleyes:

The starting 11 should have been strong enough to win tonight.... The players are bottlers, under achievers, gutless so deserve the criticism.....

Does Liam Miller have glass legs, because he is scared to tackle.... Him and Murray at the goal were embarrassing, I could have skipped past the two of them....

Too many passengers in our team, picking up wages for nowt..... Still our books looked good last year RP, they will look less appealing when they are revealed at the end of this financial year.....

IWasThere2016
19-01-2011, 02:29 AM
Mixu had a window.

Hearts were sixth when FJK took over and sixth at the end of the season. It took two windows and 8 months for FJK to make an improvement.

And the Sheep have signed players.

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2011, 03:30 AM
Have to be honest and say I just don't know where I stand on the players v CC debate. The worse thing -which is really worrying- is that I think it might be a bit of both.

We know that this squad have let down both Mixu and Hughes (after a honeymoon period which gave us the juice for 4th) and possibly Collins, and simply aren't good and/or mentally strong enough to compete at this level.

I would have expected, though, to see SOME improvement, but the Brown/Mixu/FJK effect as noted above just hasn't happened, and we've gotten worse.

My fear is that we're getting shafted on two fronts: rubbish players who've given up, and a manager who isn't up to it. And that the first one obscures the second to the extent that we're in the first division before we realise this.

As Craig said above, CC should be the last one to go, but i'm coming round to the view that with two wins in 14 games and not looking like scoring over 190 minutes against a bunch of guys who were doing a days proper graft (something alien to our wasters) before they even set foot on the pitch, that our manager should quickly follow them.

Rattus Norvegicus
19-01-2011, 04:27 AM

Can I make an observation from left field. An issue that must impact CC's management is having 15 players out of contract at the end of the season, as:

1) Players that are out of contract will likely have their (and their agents') minds elsewhere and may not want to pick up an injury that could effect any move for next season. Romanov may have a few screws loose/missing but he does not like out of contract players playing if they are not wanted for the following season or refused to sign an extension.

2) RP/CC do not know if they need to bring in new players to play in SPL or 1st Div next season which obviously would affect selling the club to new players and also the money on offer.

3) CC just looks glum. His demeanour shouts negativity. Pa Broon, Mixu and JJ are generally positive guys and their positivity is the first thing that affects the changing room. Maybe his nature will change once he brings in his own players, rather than having to work with the current squad. Maybe DA is the guy to motivate.

For what it's worth, the only consolation may be that Hamilton are utter p*sh, however they (and St Mirren) are experienced relegation fighters. Hibs players do not look like they have the fight in them as they appear to lack confidence in themselves.

Sunny1875
19-01-2011, 04:29 AM
[QUOTE=Beefster;2697807]In theory, yup. Calderwood hasn't made the blindest bit of difference from Hughes so far but you can't legislate for Riordan, Miller and the rest being so utterly ***** though.

:top marks/QUOTE]

But will CC get his two years ?