18-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Best team won.

H!BEE
18-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Sad depressing utter *****

Springbank
18-01-2011, 09:37 PM
true.

a team that wanted to work hard for each other.

Liam Miller - your true level was found tonight
John Rankin - your true level was found tonight
Colin Nish - your true level was found tonight
Graeme Smith - you deserved EVERY BIT of the ridicule you received.

We could go on...

JCHibby
18-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Best team won.

Correct! We are in freefall, and I am afraid that Manager is not the answer.

Hibercelona
18-01-2011, 09:38 PM
I'd congratulate them if they had to work for it.

But lets be honest, they will have had harder games in their league this season.

Fat Stu
18-01-2011, 09:39 PM
**** OFF

If you thought we deserved anything from that your deluded.

MontrealHibs

Utter pish. Calderwood cannot even pretend to have a clue if he cannot get a SPL team out to beat a team of part timers.

Well done Ayr, good luck. :not worth

Jim44
If the truth be told, Ayr were really ordinary. We just played the way we always do.

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Can't really take anything away from them, well done but the SFA should look into the racist chants by Ayr "fans" all night

magnificent_seven
They did.plain and simple,we are in serious trouble

Hibby Riki
says it all really "They'll go back to their jobs tommorrow as buchers, builders and painters...

WHAT A SHAMBLES!!!:grr::grr::grr:

JCHibby
18-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Utter pish. Calderwood cannot even pretend to have a clue if he cannot get a SPL team out to beat a team of part timers.

Well done Ayr, good luck. :not worth

So how is it Pish??? I have said Calderwood is NOT the answer and Ayr deserved it, maybe pay more attention?

djs69
18-01-2011, 09:41 PM
We looked like the 2nd division team from start to finish...embarrassment. Let's remember they real jobs are butchers bakers and candlestick *** makers...

sesoim
18-01-2011, 09:42 PM
If you thought we deserved anything from that your deluded.

We had more than double the chances they have. Hibs are crap, but no one can say Ayr deserved to win when we were the only team trying to attack for most of the game.

new malkyhib
18-01-2011, 09:43 PM
We got beat by a ****ty 2nd divsion club, who, if they get promoted will be a lower-mid table 1st division club.

Which is what we will be shortly unless our visionary board start earning their £500k and SIGN SOME PLAYERS...

archiebald
18-01-2011, 09:43 PM
But does it matter who is manager with those players-and the club wont pay transfer fees or wages.
maybe they should be white flags :flag::flag::flag:

Booked4Being-Ugly
18-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Well done Ayr UTD, i'd take your Roberts, Rogers, left back, keeper over any of pish tonight, well done!

hibeesam
calderwood needs 2 go if not we will be in 1rst division next year:confused:

Fishtank
Yogi said on Saturday no place for the young boys, you need the old experienced players in there to get you results. Well that's what we had tonight and that's the result. Bollocks.

.Sean.
Yes, well done Ayr United. Thouroughly deserved win. Good luck against St Mirren.

Fat Stu
18-01-2011, 09:46 PM
We had more than double the chances they have. Hibs are crap, but no one can say Ayr deserved to win when we were the only team trying to attack for most of the game.

their keeper didn't make anything other than ordinary saves though.

They showed all the hunger, he willingness to battle andthe ability to put the ball in the back of the net.

exactly like they did in 2002.

Craig_in_Prague
18-01-2011, 09:46 PM
If the truth be told, Ayr were really ordinary. We just played the way we always do.

Yep,
was not impressed by them whatsoever.

Roberts is decent, but otherwise they didn't worry me..... just HIBS did !!

Can't believe i didn't back Ayr at around 4/1. Easy money.
but winning money wouldn't have made me feel any better........Feel about the same sick as i did when we lost in the semi against the yams.
I guess expecting it to happen like this........then the reality to unfold in front of you, is sickening.

Shower of imposters, the whole playing staff should FK OFF and not come back to ER or East mains ever again. Lets take relegation now and rebuild somehow without all these *****ers.

archiebald
18-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Could not give a f - - k what yogi says he started it all

Gerard
18-01-2011, 09:50 PM

Well done Ayr you deserved to win tonight.
The Scottish Cup gives any team a chance to beat a team that they would normally not play or expect to play.
The Hibs players need to stand up and be counted as there jobs are on the line.
I can see a lot of changes and many players being moved on
It is easy to support a team when they are playing good football and winning games.
Colin Calderwood needs time to bring in his players and money or we will begin another adventure in the first Division
Gerard

styboy68
18-01-2011, 09:52 PM
that was embarrassing, could not pass , think we down if we keep playing like that, CC looks like he not got a clue

Bostonhibby
18-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Well done Ayr, perfect example of what a properly organised, motivated and fit team can achieve if they play for each other when matched against a collection of individuals of dubious quality, questionable fitness / motivation and no obvious game plan.

IberianHibernian
18-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Good luck to Ayr in rest of cup but they haven`t had to do much more than defend in depth to knock us out . At ER they had a couple of good chances on the break , tonight they got an early goal then defended . Individually none of the Ayr players would even be " squad players " with us but collectively we couldn`t beat them . In modern football , results like this are becoming more common ( Rangers drawing in Manchester for example ) and even Old Firm have had problems against teams from lower divisions in recent years . Last few years have been disappointing but at least we scored quite a lot of goals even when not winning - inability to score against inferior opposition now is very worrying resultswise and performancewise . Worst of all is that the players (including the so-called Hibbies in the team ) will not be feeling nearly as bad as any of us do .

monktonharp
18-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Best team won.Itotally disagree, they were never the better team, our goalie tried hard at least twice to hand it to them. on the other hand, 18 attempts and we still never got it in the net,with three of them almost in, just would not go in. and that was with at least 4 players who were totally pish,a couple who hardly kicked a ba', and a manager who takes an age to make a descision:brickwall

Hibernia Na Eir
18-01-2011, 10:05 PM
west coast seaside wan*s

joe breezy
Ayr are an amateur side so were the better team under the circumstances, well done Ayr United, hope they go far

monktonharp
Well done Ayr you deserved to win tonight.
The Scottish Cup gives any team a chance to beat a team that they would normally not play or expect to play.
The Hibs players need to stand up and be counted as there jobs are on the line.
I can see a lot of changes and many players being moved on
It is easy to support a team when they are playing good football and winning games.
Colin Calderwood needs time to bring in his players and money or we will begin another adventure in the first Division
GerardI cant see many changes,until contracts run out. and when are these alledged signings gonna happen? looks like it will be even harder to entice players of ANY quality to come in, and they do want a half decent wage,that's a bit o' a bugger as well

jonny
19-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Best team won.

Ayr had 37% possession, Hibs had 63%.
Ayr had 8 shots at goal (4 on target), Hibs had 20 (13 on target).
Ayr had 3 corners, Hibs had 9.

In what world were they the best team? They got a goal but IMO were very lucky.

Hibs performance was unacceptable and the finishing was dreadful, but on another night and if things were going a little better we'd have scored 5. They had 2 off the line, one off the bar and Hibs missed 3 or 4 other chances that really should've been scored.

I'm still hopeful of CC bringing in a couple of new players before the end of January and getting us back on track.

Fantic
19-01-2011, 09:57 AM
F++k Ayr United

GreenPJ
19-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Ayr had 37% possession, Hibs had 63%.
Ayr had 8 shots at goal (4 on target), Hibs had 20 (13 on target).
Ayr had 3 corners, Hibs had 9.

In what world were they the best team? They got a goal but IMO were very lucky.

Hibs performance was unacceptable and the finishing was dreadful, but on another night and if things were going a little better we'd have scored 5. They had 2 off the line, one off the bar and Hibs missed 3 or 4 other chances that really should've been scored.

I'm still hopeful of CC bringing in a couple of new players before the end of January and getting us back on track.

I didn't watch the game but saw these stats and did think it sounded as if on another night we should have won comfortably.

jonny
19-01-2011, 10:14 AM
I didn't watch the game but saw these stats and did think it sounded as if on another night we should have won comfortably.

A combination of some poor final balls, a lot of horrendous finishing and lady luck deserting us completely is what cost us the game.
Even at that we should've won.