PDA

View Full Version : Scott Thomson - "Goalkeeping" Coach

Gala Foxes
18-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Scott Thomson - just what exactly do you do Monday to Friday ?

Not a lot if Smith & Brown's distribution is anything to go by

hibsbollah
18-01-2011, 09:15 PM
:agree:Bring back Gordon Marshall:stirrer:

MontrealHibs
18-01-2011, 09:17 PM

Peanuts = Monkeys

we are hibs
18-01-2011, 09:19 PM

smith is the worst goalie

Toaods
18-01-2011, 10:11 PM
He shouldn't be anywhere near an outfield subbie that's coming on yet every time he stands drawing cartoons on an A5.

meantime goalies sclaff and hook kicks all over the shop.

macca70
18-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Totally agree, is it too much to ask for our keeper to stop shots and be able to kick a ball.

Why did smith try and control that ball with his chest rather than catch it, someone must fill our keepers what bottles with vodka or something.

Although, the goalkeeping coach role would appear to be the least of our worries.

Toaods
18-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Although, the goalkeeping coach role would appear to be the least of our worries.

you need to build a team from the back though. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
18-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Sorry guys someone will have to fill me in here. Had a game tonight so didn't see/go to the HIbs game and only just found out the team. Was Brown dropped or injured?

If he was dropped then i have to say i'm shocked. Yes his kicking is poor but he's been keeping us in games lately and is one of the very few players to get pass marks from me recently.

Even if the decision was made to drop him or he was injured surely Stack is the obvious choice to replace him. Smith has been a bombscare pretty much since Hughes dropped him after the 5-1 defeat at St Johnstone, his confidence took a real hit and we were treated to such delights as his performances against Hearts and Motherwell. Stack isn't brilliant but he's pretty solid and reliable, Smith isn't.

Also why replace a goalkeeper who is technically decent but struggles with his kicking with one who struggles with his kicking and is hopeless?

Toaods
19-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Sorry guys someone will have to fill me in here. Had a game tonight so didn't see/go to the HIbs game and only just found out the team. Was Brown dropped or injured?

Ian Croker said in commentary that Brown had been dropped.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2011, 12:05 AM

Crazy decison. Compltely inexplicable, especially replacing him with Smith.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2011, 12:09 AM
:agree:Bring back Gordon Marshall:stirrer:

Don't be silly, this is his fault. :greengrin

HibeeSince85
19-01-2011, 12:09 AM

If that's true then it's a shocking decision.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2011, 12:12 AM

I think you will find our goalkeeping problems began when Ian Westwater was coach. Getting rid of him was going to solve all the problems apparently.:wink:

GreenCastle
smith is the worst goalie

If you are dropping Brown for his kicking it's madness as surely Stack who played against NUFC would have been the number 2 -

It is terrible but Brown has saved us points over the last month. He is no Reina but least he shot stops pretty well - though as I said his kicking is a free ball for the other team Smith is by far our worst keeper.

blackpoolhibs
If that's true then it's a shocking decision.

It is when you consider the man who replaced him should have been slung out the club last season?

HibeeSince85
19-01-2011, 12:20 AM
It is when you consider the man who replaced him should have been slung out the club last season?

I had thought Brown was injured, Stack still lacking fitness after injuries got the bench. I want to back Calderwood but picking the worst keeper in the squad, one who has TWICE cost us games all on his own and who has looked shaky since about his 3rd game for Hibs over Brown, just leaves you speechless.

joebakerforever
19-01-2011, 12:30 AM
I had thought Brown was injured, Stack still lacking fitness after injuries got the bench. I want to back Calderwood but picking the worst keeper in the squad, one who has TWICE cost us games all on his own and who has looked shaky since about his 3rd game for Hibs over Brown, just leaves you speechless.

Just tuned in before kick off and like you, assumed Brown was crocked.

An unbelievable decision to drop Brown, and I thought Roberts shot was saveable, but Smith was a bit slow going down for it.

DH1875
19-01-2011, 12:46 AM

Now who's being silly, it's Yogi's fault, same as everything else :greengrin.

lapsedhibee
19-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Why did smith try and control that ball with his chest rather than catch it, someone must fill our keepers what bottles with vodka or something.

Looked to me as if he was afraid if he caught it with his hands the ref might judge it a passback and penalise him. It did hit a Hibs player last but was obviously not a passback. I don't know Smith at all, but is he a bit hard of thinking? :dunno:

cabbageandribs1875
19-01-2011, 01:07 AM

as already mentioned above, if that is infact true i am stunned :agree: a seriously baffling decision by CC:confused: