PDA

View Full Version : Get Calderwood out before its too late (Merged)

Leith Hibee
18-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Im sick of reading on here that he is working with Hughes players so is not to blame.

We have small attacking side which cannot be set out defensively, nor can we play long balls constantly. These decisions are only down to the manager.

If we keep going along with this joker we will end up in the first division for sure!

Aldo
18-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Im sick of reading on here that he is working with Hughes players so is not to blame.

We have small attacking side which cannot be set out defensively, nor can we play long balls constantly. These decisions are only down to the manager.

If we keep going along with this joker we will end up in the first division for sure!

Wot planet are you on. The guy has nowt to work with. The players are showing nothing and he has tried changing both the formation and the players yet nowt.

He gets and will get my backing until he brings his own guys in.

On paper some really good players (Deek, Miller) but in reality most of them are gutless and spineless and wont take one for the cause.

Speedway
18-01-2011, 07:29 PM

you're having a laugh.

TornadoHibby
18-01-2011, 07:33 PM

LTYF! :jamboclow

One Day Soon
18-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Really?

Not even half time when you posted this thread in a cup game away at Ayr in the middle of a horrendous run of form and confidence. To Ayr we look like a scalp to be taken and we must be at our lowest ebb and you choose, before the game is even finished, to post this?

Let me be the first to say - sniff, sniff.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-01-2011, 07:34 PM
to be fair, CC looks like he's sheeting himself on that bench at Somerest Park. A man with fear in his eyes.

This Hibs team truly are THE worst ive ever witnessed since i started following them in '79.

Who's the 2nd Div team this evening???:confused:

Leith Hibee
18-01-2011, 07:36 PM
so you think its right to set out a hibs team to play 3-5-1 at home against both hearts and dundee utd and play high balls constantly to Derek Riordan?

How can he allow brown to launch balls both from hand and bye kicks to galbraith and more lately zemmama without saying anythin?

How can you possibly allow hart to wear a hibs jersey? He is possibly one of the biggest liabilities i have ever seen at right back. Even putting wotherspoon back into there would give us a little legs and some forward input.

He plays zemmama for a half against dundee utd which you can only presume was to give him fitness for the derby then he does not get on the park?
In the same game he took wotherspoon off (who was our best player on the park at that point) and only gives him 15 minutes in the derby.

Watching this and we are still going for the long ball to unlock a 2nd division team?we have a better squad than them without a doubt and yet we are being outclassed.

Ive seen enough decisions to think that calderwood is not the man for the job!

SheriffLobo
18-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Get rid of the players nish and rankin in particular. Fed up of players who claim to be spl quality and are not good enough for a Sunday pub league. Ps agree he needs his own players as I don't want any of them so why would he

RoxburghHibs
18-01-2011, 07:37 PM

You may be getting pelters for your post by some (probably down to timing as it's only HT). However if the result is the same after 45mins more football, your opinion will be in the majority.

Matty_Jack04
18-01-2011, 07:38 PM
joke of a post!

calderwood wants them to play long balls?? nowt to do wi the fact the majority cannae pass 5 F'n yards!!

kurtis byrne was saying this week that he understands calderwood sticking by the older heads instead of the younger lads, im of the thinking now that if we're going down id rather watch young lads try like bears from now till the end than watching this bunch of wage stealing huddies ruin both the reputation and my feelings of MY club

Colin Calderwoods green and white army :flag:

Sprouleflyer
18-01-2011, 07:38 PM
CC has to take a huge part of blame for the run we are on.

Whole sale changes to the team every week. Does it really take 12-14 games to find out who and what is your best formation for getting a result.

Frazerbob
18-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Totally agree with the OP.

These may not be his players however surely he should have enough to work with to beat a SECOND DIVISION team over two games.

Get the clown to **** now before it's too late and let EVERY player who's contract is up at the end of the season skulk off, never to darken Easter Road again!

Aldo
18-01-2011, 07:40 PM
LH..I dont go to many games but watch the TV and read how the players and the team are doing. (I am also on here quite a lotO I have been watching hibs since 1978 and this team is worse than Duff Jimmys team IMHO (or there abouts). There is nae fight enfact theres nowt. As far as I am concerned they can all go (with the exception of Brown) and that includes deek.

I would rather we had guys that played for each other and showed the fans what it means to put on that green jersey.

Mate I dont know how long you have watched Hibs or the last time you went been but cmon it was Hughes who bought most of these guys to the club...we have been on the downward spiral since Xmas last year and TBH cannot see us getting out of it.

Once CC and DA have their own players in then we can judge him.

So until then Hughes (and the players ) for me are to blame

vla_di_vla
18-01-2011, 07:42 PM
so you think its right to set out a hibs team to play 3-5-1 at home against both hearts and dundee utd and play high balls constantly to Derek Riordan?

How can he allow brown to launch balls both from hand and bye kicks to galbraith and more lately zemmama without saying anythin?

How can you possibly allow hart to wear a hibs jersey? He is possibly one of the biggest liabilities i have ever seen at right back. Even putting wotherspoon back into there would give us a little legs and some forward input.

He plays zemmama for a half against dundee utd which you can only presume was to give him fitness for the derby then he does not get on the park?
In the same game he took wotherspoon off (who was our best player on the park at that point) and only gives him 15 minutes in the derby.

Watching this and we are still going for the long ball to unlock a 2nd division team?we have a better squad than them without a doubt and yet we are being outclassed.

Ive seen enough decisions to think that calderwood is not the man for the job!

To be honest I wouldn't want him getting his own players in either or we will be back here soon saying it will be fine once the new man gets rid of the dross and gets his own team in

Hibby70
18-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Totally agree with the OP.

These may not be his players however surely he should have enough to work with to beat a SECOND DIVISION team over two games.

Get the clown to **** now before it's too late and let EVERY player who's contract is up at the end of the season skulk off, never to darken Easter Road again!

The players should be able to beat a second division club without a manager as well though. The blame lies purely with that bunch of bottlers on the pitch. Each and everyone of them is a full time professional footballer playing pretty much in the correct position - that should be enough.

Leith Hibee
18-01-2011, 07:43 PM
I 100% agree that i would rather watch the younger guys have a go each week than what we are having to endure just now.

Calderwood has a very defensive/direct style of play.
Hughes had an attacking/short passing style of play and brought players for this in accordingly.

You can only p1ss with the c0ck you have got so im afraid if calderwood wants to remain a hibs manager then he needs to stop with his style and try to play to the teams strengths and try to play attacking football which is not constantly up in the air.

One Day Soon
18-01-2011, 07:44 PM
FFS, same old shrieking modern culture that applies in everything these days. I'm not happy - give me a head on a stick!

The problem isn't the manager - listen carefully - THE PROBLEM IS THE PLAYERS.

There is no quick fix here because the fix is to get rid of players and bring in replacements. That only happens with transfer windows. Replace the manager again or try and bring in a bunch of players in January and you are simply digging away deeper into the same hole.

We are in a very bad place. Pandering by sacking the manager won't help, it will make it a lot worse. This is going to take time and its going to be ugly. Get over it.

Jim44
You may be getting pelters for your post by some (probably down to timing as it's only HT). However if the result is the same after 45mins more football, your opinion will be in the majority.

I agree. God forbid that we're going to struggle for the rest of the season and continue to say, 'blame the players. blame Hughes etc. not the manager'. If that's the case Calderwood can relax in the knowledge that there is no pressure on him.

Sunny1875
GTF

Calderwood needs time and HIS TEAM. I do hope we are still in Premier next season. A summer clearout and then rebuild CC needs at least one more full season. A combination of 8 managers in 10 years, So many players out of contract at the end of the season, So many players who don't care has us in this position not the current incumbent in the managers position

Frazerbob
18-01-2011, 07:45 PM
The players should be able to beat a second division club without a manager as well though. The blame lies purely with that bunch of bottlers on the pitch. Each and everyone of them is a full time professional footballer playing pretty much in the correct position - that should be enough.

I agree however his the constant changing of formation and team selection isn't exactly helping matters. The blame is firmly at the door of Hughes, each and every player AND the new manager who has had 3 months to improve things but has, unbelievably, made them worse!

heretoday
18-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I don't see the point of CC being there at all if he's not out buying several new players. He must have some sort of plan in mind for the team he'd like to build. Otherwise it's just swimming against the tide all the time in a leaky boat.

Looking at tonight's results so far you'd have to say "Come back Mixu - all is forgiven"!

Cropley10
18-01-2011, 07:52 PM
I'll wager that Colin Calderwood will not be here at the end of this month.

Fiver to Dnipro if he is.

I hope I'm wrong - but that's my gut feel. He's made a mistake and he knows it...

HH81
18-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Get rid of the players nish and rankin in particular. Fed up of players who claim to be spl quality and are not good enough for a Sunday pub league. Ps agree he needs his own players as I don't want any of them so why would he
What about the 2 worst players on the pitch? Miller and Murray.

PaulSmith
18-01-2011, 08:03 PM
I don't think that anyone would be disappointed if he left tomorrow.

One Day Soon
18-01-2011, 08:05 PM

I would.

Jim44
18-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Get Calderwood out before its too late

It actually looks as if it is too late. If it is purely the players fault as many here are certain of, then Calderwood's staying or going will make no difference. I just wouldn't fancy him to bring us back up.

Leith Hibee
18-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Another strange decision.

Duffy has probably the most movement of our strikers.
We are chasing a goal 1-0 down and we take him off?

However, i agree with the hart one but he should never start.
He does not look like a football player, walk like a football player, he is not built like a football player, doesnt run pass or shoot like a football player.
I have no idea how he ever made it in the game!

PaulSmith
18-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I would.

Why, seriously tell me one positive since he came to the club

fife hfc
18-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Calderwood has to go. We are going down at this rate and we are actually getting worse than any better and that is his fault.l

Hibernia Na Eir
18-01-2011, 08:21 PM
big mistake putin CC in as boss, he's not got it. Its evident.

And a really pathetic looking bunch of imposters wearing those jerseys.

Every one of them, F off. Even if we pull a goal back tonight. F off. Usless, money grabbing second rate footballers, each of them.

Twice we've been run over by a 2nd Div club, tells you everything.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Calderwood has to go. We are going down at this rate and we are actually getting worse than any better and that is his fault.l

Mr Petrie too.

nortonhibby
18-01-2011, 08:23 PM
GTF

Calderwood needs time and HIS TEAM. I do hope we are still in Premier next season. A summer clearout and then rebuild CC needs at least one more full season. A combination of 8 managers in 10 years, So many players out of contract at the end of the season, So many players who don't care has us in this position not the current incumbent in the managers position

Good post we were not going to win the cup anyway the league survival is our priority now RP Must sanction funds for 5 new players now or we are going down

Leith Hibee
18-01-2011, 08:26 PM
we are playing a 2nd division side and had only one good chance to note.

I do not trust calderwood to make that many signings in the summer and be able to make them gel.I feel that he needs to go now or we could end up in far worse a position in 12 months time.

nortonhibby
18-01-2011, 08:31 PM

I do not trust calderwood to make that many signings in the summer and be able to make them gel.I feel that he needs to go now or we could end up in far worse a position in 12 months time.

We must give CC Time oh **** the yams have just scored

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-01-2011, 08:32 PM
at this moment with these players Calderwood is taking us down.

pacorosssco
18-01-2011, 08:32 PM

:taxi for colin calderwood . give tango man six month deal to keep us up

JoeTortolanoFanClub
18-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Unacceptable. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Leith Hibee
18-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Get him to ****! He is useless!

Minder
18-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Unacceptable. Nothing more. Nothing less.
:top marks

Bereft of ideas, tactics,desire and motivation.

H!BEE
18-01-2011, 08:40 PM
HE MIGHT walk all by himself

WarringtonHibee
I feel sorry for Calderwood. :no way:

fife hfc

I would give tango man the job. He knows this league and how to survive in it.

Sprouleflyer
18-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Says it all really.

Can CC really stay?

Petrie and the board...........half way through the Jan transfer window and not a sole brought in......:taxi

Andy74
18-01-2011, 08:41 PM
I had a feeling we'd be here soon enough.

RIP
18-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Says it all really.

Can CC really stay?

Petrie and the board...........half way through the Jan transfer window and not a sole brought in......:taxi

Aye - lets get rid of our 2nd manager in a year. Joke club or joke fans?

Woody1985
What about toes or ankles?

ionahibby
Sorry the buck stops at that so called chairman of ours not calderwood wtf is he supposed to do with those players! :confused: Really feel sorry for calderwood and got a feeling he might walk just get out of all the stress and who would blame him?

Springbank
18-01-2011, 08:43 PM
...but our midfield all played for Man Utd, our strikers are in the SPL top 10, our keeper used to be..blah blah

time that shower of wasters got real. this was their true level tonight.
beaten by a div 2 side over 180 mins.

renato
18-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I feel sorry for Calderwood. :no way:

I feel sorry for the fans.

Springbank
18-01-2011, 08:44 PM

are you for real

you find tonight in ANY WAY acceptable

fine

i have higher hopes for my time, perhaps.

easty
Says it all really.

Can CC really stay?

Could do with Connor Salmon or a new goal kipper..:cool2:

gackohibs
Hopeless. Ditch them all. Can't even do the football basics.

RIP
18-01-2011, 08:45 PM

You are the joker mate - leith hibee my scots harris :asshole:

magnificent_seven
Get your backside away from my football team. Season over. Relegation beckons,we are in serious sheeeet. A good manager comes in and lifts the players. I.e Craig Brown. You have not done that,we are is serious trouble now. Ive never been one to slate the manager but this guy doesnt have it. Get away before its too late. I have had enough now. Tonight is the final straw.

hibeerealist
If you cant go out and beat a 2nd div outfit he can get tae **** for me he is a loser too, may have done ok with N'hampton and Forest for a bit but he has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING since coming to ER
We are ALL hurting tonight but IF he does not resign over that sheite performance on top of the other 15 or so (OK huns game was a fluke and we were LUCKY against well) he has ZERO pride in his ability!!!!!
****ing shocking and a complete embarassment to our great club - the lot of them PLAYERS (ESPECIALLY) Management (certainly) AND board (culpable).

Sick to death of the lot!!!!

Sorry guys not just a one game reaction but an accumulation of pish performances.

Gala Foxes
Could do with Connor Salmon or a new goal kipper..:cool2:

you are spot on - Graham Smith has the composure & goalkeeping skill of a wet kipper

Thecat23
18-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Honestly can't believe i'm saying this but i agree.. I don't even think him or Adams talk to each other? I like the guy but the manager/board and players should **** right off and start again.

beebhfc
18-01-2011, 08:48 PM
this lot are the worst hibs team ive ever seen the buck must stop with the manager time for him to go petrie gtf

Beefster
18-01-2011, 08:48 PM
For **** sake, does no-one have a better argument than "Well, Craig Brown has improved Aberdeen therefore all good managers can do it at any club".

Our form has been going for 12 months now. That doesn't get fixed with a wee bit of coaching, a couple of hugs and some tough talk. It takes physical changes.

Having said that, I thought Riordan, Miller, Murray, Rankin, Hanlon and co were ****ing awesome so it must all be Calderwood's fault.

Fishtank
18-01-2011, 08:49 PM
I would give tango man the job. He knows this league and how to survive in it.

That knee jerk reaction would give us a survival at best manager with no ambition past mid table. I am not convinced by CC but to clear him out would be too soon. He will survive or not by his signings provided Board back him. That is another matter.

Houchy
18-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Get him to ****! He is useless!

What is the ****ing point of us having so little debt when teams like Hearts (who despite us being constantly reminded that they will go bust tomorrow, next week, next month, next year*) are still here and riding high on the coat tails of the OF?

We're not asking for £32m spent but we really need a £2m investment to turn this team around.

I'm f****** sick of hearing how bad an influence Stokes was when he was here but surely his baggage was worth morew than relegation and getting pumped out the cup by a division 2 team.

Calderwood, you're not a manager any more than Smith's a goalkeeper and Petrie, your not exempt either.

F*** off the pair of you.

*delete as appropriate

ac1
I have been getting a ticket for the games for free (not sure if that is good thing.....) but If I wasn't there is no way I would be back at Easter Road this season. The fans are getting pissed on by the club as far as I can see!

WarringtonHibee
For **** sake, does no-one have a better argument than "Well, Craig Brown has improved Aberdeen therefore all good managers can do it at any club".

Our form has been going for 12 months now. That doesn't get fixed with a wee bit of coaching, a couple of hugs and some tough talk. It takes physical changes.

Having said that, I thought Riordan, Miller, Murray, Rankin, Hanlon and co were ****ing awesome so it must all be Calderwood's fault.

I'm sick of this sack CC pish already, it's taken a few years for us to sink this low. The blame lies at Petrie's feet.

RIP
If you cant go out and beat a 2nd div outfit he can get tae **** for me he is a loser too, may have done ok with N'hampton and Forest for a bit but he has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING since coming to ER
We are ALL hurting tonight but IF he does not resign over that sheite performance on top of the other 15 or so (OK huns game was a fluke and we were LUCKY against well) he has ZERO pride in his ability!!!!!
****ing shocking and a complete embarassment to our great club - the lot of them PLAYERS (ESPECIALLY) Management (certainly) AND board (culpable).

Sick to death of the lot!!!!

Sorry guys not just a one game reaction but an accumulation of pish performances.

If he resigns it will be another manager who we and the board have let down

ionahibby
Get your backside away from my football team. Season over. Relegation beckons,we are in serious sheeeet. A good manager comes in and lifts the players. I.e Craig Brown. You have not done that,we are is serious trouble now. Ive never been one to slate the manager but this guy doesnt have it. Get away before its too late. I have had enough now. Tonight is the final straw.

Rubbish! It goes deeper than manager i'm afraid when will people realise :confused:

MoantheCabbage
I am in the stance of we cant keep changing managers as we need some stability but Calderwood has not even shown anything that shows us any signs of turning it around.

The tactics tonight were abysmil to say the least and I am now very worried that we will get relegated if he stays. Starting your defensive midfielder on the right and have Rankin as your attacking midfielder is beyond belief.

PaulSmith
18-01-2011, 08:51 PM
I had a feeling we'd be here soon enough.

What's your opinion on it then

HibbingtonHibs
OP, you forgot the butcher, who knows mince when he sees it. He saw plenty in front of him tonight.

Sir David Gray
I've always said, up until now, that he deserves to see the season out but tonight has changed that for me.

The board should sack him tomorrow and then, immediately after that, Petrie and the rest of the board should resign.

Failure to beat a second division team of part-timers over 180 minutes, in fact not to even score a goal against them in that time, is absolutely shameful, disgraceful and completely unacceptable.

The whole lot should go tonight.

Can't stand the sight of any of them.

sevenzero

pissing against the wind with that 11 !! how u can you blame the manager after the perormance from those players they are utterly useless !!!!!!!!!!

Sprouleflyer
18-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I am in the stance of we cant keep changing managers as we need some stability but Calderwood has not even shown anything that shows us any signs of turning it around.

The tactics tonight were abysmil to say the least and I am now very worried that we will get relegated if he stays. Starting your defensive midfielder on the right and have Rankin as your attacking midfielder is beyond belief.

Playing Nish.............

McIntosh
18-01-2011, 08:52 PM

He would help himself by not trying to defend the indefensible. We need a manager who can really crack the wit.

Smartie
18-01-2011, 08:57 PM

Some of us grumbled had started to grumble about Collins. Some of us had even grumbled about Mowbray. I'd say both of them were good managers.

Some of the abuse for Mixu and Yogi was hefty and way out of order. I think they were decent managers with a few rough edges.

I reckon we've got what we've deserved for hounding these guys out, and that is CC as our manager. To appoint a guy with no knowledge of the Scottish game was staggering. Maybe he'll have some redeeming features - tactical knowledge? Motivational skills? Transfer contacts? Attempt to play good football?

None of them. He is a dithering, incompetent bellend. He is a buffoon. A total hoofball merchant. He hasn't got a clue!!

Make no mistake, this guy will be our most unpopular manager ever. We may or may not be relegated but there is no way the fans will see enough between now and the end of the season to buy season tickets next year in anything like the same numbers as they have in recent years whilst he's in charge.

khib70
18-01-2011, 08:58 PM

Let's not bother with the real culprits, especially as one of them is the uncriticisable local hero.

This mob are abysmal, and it's going to take a good while and a lot of changes to sort it out. CC can do it but he needs serious backing from the board.

And the fans

eastmainsmsh
18-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Got the wrong Calderwood i feel no disrespect to CC but he has never been involved at club level in scotland .....Tangoman record speaks for himself he transformed pars,aberdeen in a certain extent and killie plus he did a great job in Holland

Reckon petrie is making a fool out of CC ,and the fans something has to give

I want CC to do well but im afraid it aint working out :agree:

essexhibee
18-01-2011, 09:00 PM
What is he meant to do with the players hes got? He tried different formations, he tried moving players?

The problem lies with the chairman, sacking CC solves nothing.

Atalanta
18-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Changing the manager isn't the problem. We could have Jose Mourinho as manager but would still have these lazy useless clowns on the pitch. Until there are about seven or eight new faces in the team we have no chance of beating anyone.

seamus88
18-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Rubbish! It goes deeper than manager i'm afraid when will people realise :confused:
:applause::applause: What we need is money!! Get it out and we can the judge Calderwood from that!! I'm making no judgements till the 1st of febuary!!

MoantheCabbage
18-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I agree. God forbid that we're going to struggle for the rest of the season and continue to say, 'blame the players. blame Hughes etc. not the manager'. If that's the case Calderwood can relax in the knowledge that there is no pressure on him.

Blame Hughes??????????

Tonights team

Smith - Hughes
Hart - Hughes
Dickoh - Hughes
Murray - Mixu
Hanlon - Homegrown

Mcbride- Hughes
Miller - Hughes
Rankin - Mixu
Riordan - Mixu

Nish - Mixu
Duffy - Hughes

Seems like yogi and Mixu signings but at the end of the day this all comes down the line since Sauzee and Petrie's poor ability to get a decent manager and letting him have his say to run the club the way he see's fit.

Calderwood cant even make us hard to beat let alone anything else and for what its worth he now has a worse run than Yogi in a far shorter period.

The board are cutting corners and we are now seeing the results of that.

I thank them for keeping us afloat and the infrastructure but that will count for hee haw in the 1st division

WhileTheChief..
18-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I've always said, up until now, that he deserves to see the season out but tonight has changed that for me.

The board should sack him tomorrow and then, immediately after that, Petrie and the rest of the board should resign.

Failure to beat a second division team of part-timers over 180 minutes, in fact not to even score a goal against them in that time, is absolutely shameful, disgraceful and completely unacceptable.

The whole lot should go tonight.

Can't stand the sight of any of them.

Petrie's last act before going out the door should be to pay up all the contracts of the players out of his own pocket.

One Day Soon
18-01-2011, 09:05 PM

Let's not bother with the real culprits, especially as one of them is the uncriticisable local hero.

This mob are abysmal, and it's going to take a good while and a lot of changes to sort it out. CC can do it but he needs serious backing from the board.

And the fans

Indeed. Let's not think about the facts, let's have a lynching.

Our players have failed to perform consistently under three different managers in a row. That isn't a coincidence, its a trend. A strong manager will get rid of players like these, but he will also need time to do it and he will need to work with them in the interim.

If it was a stroll in the park to build a football team overnight everyone would be doing it. This particular malaise goes all the way back to the player protest to Petrie. What you saw and heard tonight was the sound of those chickens finally coming home to roost.

Dirkster23
18-01-2011, 09:07 PM

And who would you bring in to replace him Paul? It's clear you've no time for CC, so who would you bring in that could get that bunch of imposters winning games?

Beefster
18-01-2011, 09:09 PM
He would help himself by not trying to defend the indefensible. We need a manager who can really crack the wit.

I'd love him to be able to but he can't slaughter the players in public. Unfortunately, we're still relying on them to save us from relegation before most of them are binned.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-01-2011, 09:09 PM
not wanting to lurch from cliche to cliche but if CC can boot and hack his way to 11th I will take that. Then when 90% of this team are in the grubber we shall see what the board are made of. Season tickets will be a disaster unless we see some quality with a promise of more to come, and this time the Hibernian Family tosh ain't gonna work.

BWhiteman1972
18-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Okay, so lets' give CC time - and when we're mid table in the first division next season what then?

We're 1-0 down against 2nd Division opposition at half-time. Personally I would expect the team to come out fired up after the managers rousing team talk - a bit like Everton on Sunday, coming out all guns blazing. What actually happens - nothing! No fight, no spirit, no pride.

So exactly did Calderwood say to the players at half time? Yes he's dealing with a squad full of other managers players, but FFS poor tactics, poor team selections. The evidence is there for all to see. If he's the wrong man he's got to go and Petrie has to explain another poor managerial appointment.

We can all see the players are not performing, so why is Calderwood still picking them? If we're gonna go down I would rather see us going down playing a team of younger players who will give everything for the jersey, instead of the frauds we have now.

Maybe all this talk about sacking Calderwood is premature, but is it unfair? Unjustified? We all clearly and understandingly have differing opinions.

Maybe he should get to the end of the month, let's see what players he brings in and then give him February to see what impact they make. If nothing has changed then I'm afraid on 1st March the man should be clearing his desk.

StevieC
18-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Maybe all this talk about sacking Calderwood is premature, but is it unfair? Unjustified?

Totally unfair.
Time will tell if it's unjustified.

To judge the manager on the current crop of players is ridiculous.

Of course we could sack him, waste all the time and effort he'll have put in trying to line up replacement players and get someone else in to work with the same set of huddies and start from scratch all over again .. minus the compensation payout of course and the reduced player budget this would entail.

January will be a chance to bring in a couple of players to hopefully improve the team and stave off relegation worries .. close season will be the clear-out .. up until November will be the time to gel the new team together .. next Christmas will be the time to judge the manager.

How would you like to start a new job to find you have an office full of wasters. You work hard to turn things around but the harder you try the less your work colleagues do. And then you get the blame because results haven't improved!

StevieC
18-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Okay, so lets' give CC time - and when we're mid table in the first division next season what then?

Be thankful that we eventually got rid of the charlatans that put us there?

:dunno:

easterhib
18-01-2011, 09:39 PM
players that dont want to

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2011, 09:41 PM
We need a manager who can really crack the wit.

The last thing we need just now is a manager cracking funnys.

Jimmy Belter
18-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Lets Get Real

That Right YOGI got us 4th & Europe with this same lot last season..........

He had to work with Minux squad when he came in...............

We should thank him that he allowed 16 or so contracted to run out & not sign numbers up on 2/3 year deals..................So as he had said no numerous time that
he was going to gut the place out.............

And at least he played football and not kick and rush.

Greenheart
18-01-2011, 10:03 PM

Been saying the same for weeks Calderwood has no idea how to set a team up or change it when it ain't working he can get tae ASAP

Emerald
18-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Brown and Hanlon were possibly our best player on Saturday in an utter shocking performance. Why then drop Brown and play Hanlon in a different role. I would have thought that you keep whats working and change whats not, without of course playing a team thats never played together in these positions before. He must surely be clutching at straws or I'm missing something. Regardless of people wanting to give him time, it really looks like he has no clue i.e. Riordan as a lone striker against the Celtic defence, how did he work that one out. :dunno:

new malkyhib
18-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Petrie's last act before going out the door should be to pay up all the contracts of the players out of his own pocket.

:faf: and i'm not laughing at you mate - the thought of that ever happening has cheered me up a wee bit - back to reality, though - it's time Petrie was putting his head above the parapet and telling us what he's going to do to address it - and i'm not talking about some glib statement on the website - any journalists reading this there's a story in there - guy's got away unchallenged too long.

Let's hear from you Petrie...

Houchy
18-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Lets Get Real

That Right YOGI got us 4th & Europe with this same lot last season..........

He had to work with Minux squad when he came in...............

We should thank him that he allowed 16 or so contracted to run out & not sign numbers up on 2/3 year deals..................So as he had said no numerous time that
he was going to gut the place out.............

And at least he played football and not kick and rush.

It's clear now that this was all part of Yogis long term plan. He worked with them for 2 years and knew who had to go. I don't think he's had enough credit for this as everyone (myself included) thought he was clueless. Hindsight eh:rolleyes:

lucky
18-01-2011, 10:42 PM
For me he has to go. I just cant see what he is trying to do with the team. We now have gone 6 hours without a goal and have won twice since he became the manager. Why does he keep making so many changes? Also if Nish and McBride have told to fine new clubs why were they playing tonight? He actually played McBride as a wide midfielder tonight. IMHO he is just not up to it. Bring in Tango man till the end of the season. He might just keep us up..

HibeeSince85
18-01-2011, 10:47 PM
I actually don't know what to do, what if the next manager whoever he is keeps us in the same position, the whole football club is just one big mess at the moment, not one area of the club seem to be capable of doing their job and getting things right.

rossf18
18-01-2011, 10:52 PM
And get who?

I doubt they'll be a long list of people mad enough to take over and work with these bunch of players.

sven nil
19-01-2011, 02:18 AM
I would,Disappointed it was not straight after the game.

Gala Foxes
19-01-2011, 04:53 AM
the pre-amble to bringing Kurtis Byrne on on Saturday was ridiculous. We are 3 nil down at home with 15 minutes left - I am not a coach but would have thought that the message should be pretty simple, get on, get in about them and try and nick a goal. What we get is goalkeeping coach ( yes goalkeeping coach) taking a striker through 4 or 5 pages of scribbled notes on the touchline. Delaying the substitution.

lord bunberry
19-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I was watching calderwood being interviewed after the game last night and I felt sorry for him he looked lost trying to defend the indefensible. I think most people would agree that a lot of the problems are not of his making but he is not blameless either what is needed now is strong leadership from the board they need to make a statement backing the manager and outlining the way forward or bring in a new manager whatever they choose to do it must be done without delay

Jimmy Belter
19-01-2011, 04:35 PM
And Hughes got us 4th last year too.

The players he brought in where all free transfers & better than what we had.

Ma-Kalambi, McCann, Hogg, Rankin, O`Brien to name but a few.

At least he had the good sense not to sign all the 16 players up, and has since made it public he wanted to clear them all out and bring better players........( 2 out & 1 in).

It takes time to build a squad and team & the players he got in was for frree on short term contracts to give time to get the rest out.

We should supported him and gave time but asusual alot just like critisze and jump on the band wagon.

Remember before Yogi came we had been 6th 3 years on the trott.

Tonights team

Smith - Hughes............
Hart - Hughes
Dickoh - Hughes
Murray - Mixu
Hanlon - Homegrown

Mcbride- Hughes
Miller - Hughes
Rankin - Mixu
Riordan - Mixu

Nish - Mixu
Duffy - Hughes

Seems like yogi and Mixu signings but at the end of the day this all comes down the line since Sauzee and Petrie's poor ability to get a decent manager and letting him have his say to run the club the way he see's fit.

Calderwood cant even make us hard to beat let alone anything else and for what its worth he now has a worse run than Yogi in a far shorter period.

The board are cutting corners and we are now seeing the results of that.

I thank them for keeping us afloat and the infrastructure but that will count for hee haw in the 1st division[/QUOTE]

Captain Trips
19-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Surely you sack a manager and appoint a new one with the intention that the new manager will improve things and certainly I would think that would be the case in making a change early on in the season.

Now time and time again I read no manager would get anything else out of this bunch of players, if thats the case why bother changing manager and causing a lot if expense? IMo I think we could have got in a manager that may well have got a bit more but that like saying no manger could do anything is guesswork.

IMO the board think or thought that Hughes wasnt getting all he could out players and a new man may not have us suddenly pushing right up the league but would see improvement. We now have a scenario of the team looking IMO worse and losing to a part time team after 2 shots at beating them, things simply have got worse.

I think CC is not the person for Hibs.

GreenPJ
19-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Surely you sack a manager and appoint a new one with the intention that the new manager will improve things and certainly I would think that would be the case in making a change early on in the season.

Now time and time again I read no manager would get anything else out of this bunch of players, if thats the case why bother changing manager and causing a lot if expense? IMo I think we could have got in a manager that may well have got a bit more but that like saying no manger could do anything is guesswork.

IMO the board think or thought that Hughes wasnt getting all he could out players and a new man may not have us suddenly pushing right up the league but would see improvement. We now have a scenario of the team looking IMO worse and losing to a part time team after 2 shots at beating them, things simply have got worse.
I think CC is not the person for Hibs.

In which case the consistent problem is the players not the manager no? They changed the manager the results haven't changed/got worse.

Changing the manager again now or in the summer is just a waste of money which will impact on the ability to bring in players and ultimately with no guarantee that they will deliver on what was required.

Captain Trips
19-01-2011, 05:31 PM
In which case the consistent problem is the players not the manager no? They changed the manager the results haven't changed/got worse.

Changing the manager again now or in the summer is just a waste of money which will impact on the ability to bring in players and ultimately with no guarantee that they will deliver on what was required.

Changing the manager when we did then was a waste of money then was it not then? If its all down to players.

I dont agree with its all the players fault, it is mostly but I believe also CC has failed to improve things.

E.T. is a Hibee
19-01-2011, 05:36 PM

Mate, the problem is that most of team are out of contract and want to move so they're no giving it their all wether intentional or not and the ones who do want to play for the club are getting de-motivated cause of them. CC will be wanting to sign the players he want's and it will be turned around. He aint no Joker, do you know anything about this guy? clearly not!

Leith Hibee
19-01-2011, 07:56 PM
He is a joker mate.

Managers can only work with what they have got at any level of football

He should not be judge on the team but by the decisions he makes and im afraid each week he is letting himself and us down

Sumner
19-01-2011, 08:03 PM
100% agree with the O.P.

Duffy was given too long, Hibs went down.

Aberdeen dithered but did the right thing with McGhee bagged.

This Hibs board will hold off, motivated by not paying off
that long contract they gave Calderwood, and therein
gamble with Hibs chances of staying up.

Calderwood has to go now.