PDA

View Full Version : Protest at Rangers match over 10 team league debate

frazeHFC
18-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Does anyone think we should protest in next Wednesdays game against Rangers over the proposed 10 team league?

If so, what should we do?

These ideas are taken from other posters on this site.

GreenCastle
18-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Banners like Aberdeen's would be a good start :agree:

Hibby70
18-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Think option 5 may be quite popular!

frazeHFC
18-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Another positive on the boycotting and turning away options is we don't need to watch the game.

fatbloke
18-01-2011, 11:03 PM
There might no be enough Hibs supporters tae organise a eightsome reel never mind a protest. Rod wouldnae bother anyway. He is too busy rubbing the OF's bellies. Never mind a future 10 team league will no concern us we will be a 2nd division side by then.

GreenCastle
18-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Think option 5 may be quite popular!

Yeah that will happen anyway I suspect.

Saying that we only beat Rangers and lose to everyone else :wink:

Capt Mainwaring
18-01-2011, 11:37 PM
We've got more important things to be worrying about!

In my view only Hanlon, Duffy, Murray, Duffy, Zouma , Wotherspoon and Booth should ever be allowed to wear the jersey again.

GreenCastle
18-01-2011, 11:40 PM
We've got more important things to be worrying about!

In my view only Hanlon, Duffy, Murray, Duffy, Zouma , Wotherspoon and Booth should ever be allowed to wear the jersey again.

Yes - not getting relegated this season but longer term...

In 2 seasons time we could be one of 3 clubs going into SPL 2 / Championship / Mickey Mouse league and it's going to be very hard to get out on limited money.

DH1875
18-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Go with No5. That way if a lot of fans dont turn up we can say it was all part of the plan.

Sunny1875
19-01-2011, 06:58 AM
think most will now go for number 5

The other few dozen should turn their back on the game after 40 minutes and leave after 60 minutes

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 09:57 AM
think most will now go for number 5

The other few dozen should turn their back on the game after 40 minutes and leave after 60 minutes

What happens if we miss a goal at 40 mins or are 3v0 up after 60 mins :confused::greengrin

B.Wilson
19-01-2011, 10:12 AM
boycott the game

Joe Baker II
19-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Sadly I think ER pay at gate fans will be minimal for rest of season so not buying season tickets is only thing that would impact on the likes of Petrie. Albeit after recent action toward banner displayed by Aberdeen fans, will be interesting if Petrie willing to alienate home fans even more by endorsing thier confiscation.

Although some of the proposals may work at other clubs so not dismissing them entirely.

HibbingtonHibs
19-01-2011, 11:25 AM
There might no be enough Hibs supporters tae organise a eightsome reel never mind a protest.

:not worth:not worth:greengrin:not worth:not worth

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 11:38 AM
started a thread to this effect over the w/e and it was merged...I think the turning backs on 40 mins would be most effective...as in a live telivised game it would be impossible to ignore unlike chanting / banners etc

Also just boycotting the game is pointlesss as it hurts Hibs and can be dismissed by SPL as just Hibs poor form causing less to go

It would be best if we could get all objecting clubs and fans involved....

'Turning our backs on the SPL's 10 team league' a visual metaphor of what will happen for real

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 11:41 AM
bit of a smell developing in option 5 :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Simple banners like the Dons fans had and were allowed - their fans got chucked out for smoking.

SAY NO TO 10 TEAM SPL

or

10 TEAM SPL AND WE WON'T BE BACK

Put this on another thread about Banners for the players...

Banners to the next home game along the lines of - could easily be hung on the railings in the EAST. Very simple and would catch the players eye sight.

SHOW SOME BOTTLE BEFORE WE ARE RELEGATED

WE DESERVE BETTER FROM THE PLAYERS

PUT IN THE EFFORT OR GET OUT OUR CLUB

WE WANT 100% AND NO MORE

OUR CLUB - GIVE US SOME PASSION

offshorehibby
19-01-2011, 11:45 AM
To be honest right now we have far more serious issues to worry about

frazeHFC
19-01-2011, 11:49 AM
It would be quite smart if at every ground, everyone turned away on the 40th minute until half time. Do you think i should post it on the other SPL team forums and try to make it an actual protest across the country?

@offshorehibby, yeah your right, but this is a massive issue and we need to do something about it. With 10 teams we have an even better chance of going down.

Saorsa
19-01-2011, 11:56 AM
It would be quite smart if at every ground, everyone turned away on the 40th minute until half time. Do you think i should post it on the other SPL team forums and try to make it an actual protest across the country?Think I'd prefer tae face away for 45 minutes and turn round and face the pitch at half time, then turn back again at the start of the 2nd half. More likely I'll no even bother going, cannae be ersed sitting about on a cuald midweek night watching that shower of *****

down-the-slope
19-01-2011, 12:05 PM
It would be quite smart if at every ground, everyone turned away on the 40th minute until half time. Do you think i should post it on the other SPL team forums and try to make it an actual protest across the country?

@offshorehibby, yeah your right, but this is a massive issue and we need to do something about it. With 10 teams we have an even better chance of going down.

:agree:...the big advantage of this is the visual impact / metaphor..and each support would be doing same thing..showing solidarity...and making it hard to ignore.

I think Terry Butchers eloquent and slightly enraged after match press from last night should be compulsory listning for every fan as it gets the message across that we need to do something now before a generation of fans and even some clubs are lost to the game

Franck is God
19-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Turning away from the pitch is a good visual demonstration that will be well reported and would not be detrimental to the club itself.

However I would say an entire SPL boycott is the only true way to let the boards of clubs know how against this format the fans are but to organise that sort of thing would be nearly impossible.

frazeHFC
19-01-2011, 04:38 PM
I think we should turn our backs on 40mins. But i cannot see too many people actually doing it on the day. Any way of making people aware on the day so that loads of people do it?

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I think we should turn our backs on 40mins. But i cannot see too many people actually doing it on the day. Any way of making people aware on the day so that loads of people do it?

Contact the Scotsman :agree:

frazeHFC
19-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Contact the Scotsman :agree:

That will make folk aware, but on the 4Oth minute there needs to be people that will stand up and that will start it off, maybe get people around them to do it. I will, anyone else willing to join me?

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 05:02 PM
That will make folk aware, but on the 4Oth minute there needs to be people that will stand up and that will start it off, maybe get people around them to do it. I will, anyone else willing to join me?

The issue with 40 mins is that people usually are on the way to toilets or to get a pie etc.

I think if you had a banner along the lines of "turning our backs on 10 team SPL"
and stood holding it down the front of the EAST / FF then it would get maximum exposure.

Currently ER is very empty due to the team so hard to do properly with many people turning round etc.

I think banners on the railings at the front and back in the EAST is a start :agree: or even on the empty seats.

Billy Whizz
19-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Boycotting the game won't help Hibs. Reduced revenue will only result in the club having less money to buy BETTER players.

down the slope
19-01-2011, 05:06 PM
We could all bare our arse !, mind you it would look like 10,000 rod petries.

deeks01
19-01-2011, 05:10 PM
We could all bare our arse !, mind you it would look like 10,000 rod petries.

ha! what an image i just got in my head :faf: , this one gets my vote :greengrin:

BigKev
19-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Standing up and turning your back, whilst a good idea is impractical. There will be many who do want to watch the game and impairing their view just isn't fair.

I would suggest a mass walkout on 80 minutes but, chances are, most will be gone by then anyway :greengrin

frazeHFC
19-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Suppose, only with a full house would the back turning have great effect.

Will try to get a banner, i am in the FF and if i get one i will either hang it at the front or stand holding it at the back of the bottom tier.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Suppose, only with a full house would the back turning have great effect.

Will try to get a banner, i am in the FF and if i get one i will either hang it at the front or stand holding it at the back of the bottom tier.

Railings just behind the goal or tape it to the wall at the back of the FF if you get in a bit early :agree:

down the slope
19-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Special on sportsound MW just starting 6-10 on restructure.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Special on sportsound MW just starting 6-10 on restructure.

Just got it on thanks :agree:

PeeJay
19-01-2011, 06:16 PM
What about staying in the pub a bit longer and arriving late at the game...(later than normal, I mean) make them think no-one's coming - or how the stadium might look if their 10-team SPL plan goes through (as in empty-ish)?

Sunny1875
19-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I dont go to the pub before games though ?

frazeHFC
19-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I go into Behind the Goals but it would be quite funny with loads coming in after say 20 minutes. :wink:

Although just outside the ground we would hear a cheer from the South stand and decide just to go back to the pub. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
20-01-2011, 10:51 PM
A banner is best.

But having said that, this forum has had loads of threads asking for new songs and banners and awe that. As far as I have seen and heard over the last few years the net result of all of these threads has been a total of hee haw at the games.

Might make a wee banner myself though :greengrin

frazeHFC
21-01-2011, 09:22 AM
I am trying to make/get a banner, not definately getting one though.

Thigh ar la
21-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Turning back could be done after 10 mins to signify the theme.
Banners could be using Butchers quote 'League Reconstruction = League Deconstruction'

down the slope
21-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I think this article sums up why we should not lie down to the new proposals.

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a17872_spl-format-change-will-only-strengthen-celtic-rangers-dominance

Bishop Hibee
21-01-2011, 04:46 PM
I think this article sums up why we should not lie down to the new proposals.

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a17872_spl-format-change-will-only-strengthen-celtic-rangers-dominance

:top marks The only team able to challenge Rantic at the moment is Hertz and that's only because the gigantic debt is covered, at the moment, by Mad Vlad. It'll be same old same old with no one outside the OF ever winning the league without a sugar daddy pumping millions into the club.

What really bugs me is that the OF would ditch Scottish football for a UK/Euro league at the drop of a hat yet Hibs and others bend over and assume the position :grr:

Definite banners and "ye can stick the 10 team league up yer arse' chant v the huns as the way to go.

frazeHFC
21-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Definite banners and "ye can stick the 10 team league up yer arse' chant v the huns as the way to go.

Great chant that will be, my mum said she will get/make me a banner this weekend, i'm too busy :na na:

Other songs we could sing are possible:

"No to 10 team, no to 10 team, no to 10 team SPL.....no to 10 team SPL"

"Reconstruction....Deconstruction....Reconstruction ....Deconstruction" Not sure about this one, just sort of made it up after seeing Butcher's comments. :cool2: