PDA

View Full Version : Settle A Bet

Killiehibbie
18-01-2011, 04:08 PM
I've been bet £100 that away supporters are now in the opposite end at Easter Road from the traditional away end, South Stand/Dunbar End or whatever I care to call it. He won't pay up until I get printed evidence that away supporters are where they've been since segregation was put in place. I think he's getting confused with tv cameras having moved but he won't listen to me. Put him out of his misery, please.

HibbyAndy
18-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Easy money mate, Make sure you get it.

Jack
18-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Even before segregation that has been their traditional part of our home.

Speedy
18-01-2011, 04:16 PM
I've been bet £100 that away supporters are now in the opposite end at Easter Road from the traditional away end, South Stand/Dunbar End or whatever I care to call it. He won't pay up until I get printed evidence that away supporters are where they've been since segregation was put in place. I think he's getting confused with tv cameras having moved but he won't listen to me. Put him out of his misery, please.

I'm fairly sure the south stand that the away supporters currently sit in is in the same end of the stadium as the old south stand that they previously sat in :greengrin

I hope I get at least a 10% cut for that.

jonny
18-01-2011, 04:19 PM
the dunbar end was converted to the current south stand. Thats where away fans have always been. Your £100 up.

Killiehibbie
18-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Even before segregation that has been their traditional part of our home.His first visit was in 1974 when he was 10 and I did point out what you said but went with post segregation just for clarity. I even said uphill to away end but that was lost on him.

Andy74
18-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm fairly sure the south stand that the away supporters currently sit in is in the same end of the stadium as the old south stand that they previously sat in :greengrin

I hope I get at least a 10% cut for that.

I was going to say the same, the name of the South kind of gives away its position in the Stadium.

I'm sure you can find a plan or something that shows that this is allocated to away fans.

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2011, 04:24 PM
His first visit was in 1974 when he was 10 and I did point out what you said but went with post segregation just for clarity. I even said uphill to away end but that was lost on him.

You think he's getting mixed up with Tynie? The ends changed there.

killie-hibby
18-01-2011, 04:33 PM

Fellow Kilmarnock Hibernian person. You are 100% correct. Get your money now. Hope you dont get mugged.
When ER accomodated 65000, home and away supporters would stand together.
When chairman Waugh knocked the top tier off he built a concrete bunker for the Hibs support where the Famous Five stand is now situated. At the Dunbar Road end he put in wooden bench seats for away supporters. When raining they were issued with free yellow disposable rain macs with hoods which made them look like Pixies.

Andy74
18-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Fellow Kilmarnock Hibernian person. You are 100% correct. Get your money now. Hope you dont get mugged.
When chairman Waugh knocked the top tier off he built a concrete bunker for the Hibs support where the Famous Five stand is now situated. At the Dunbar Road end he put in wooden bench seats for away supporters. When raining they were issued with free yellow disposable rain macs with hoods which made them look like Pixies.

The bench seats were later than Waugh weren't they? Maybe not.

Fife-Hibee
18-01-2011, 05:55 PM

can you imagine Rod doing that :greengrin £5 each

Bayern Bru
18-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I clearly remember sitting in the old west for my first game (vs Killie, coincidentally, in Tommy Burns last game) and the Killie fans were indeed in the uncovered Dunbar End terracing.

I'll take £20 for my topical efforts. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
18-01-2011, 06:19 PM

Print this

PAY UP YA TIGHT GIT OR WE'RE COMING TO GET YE. WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.

Enjoy the easy money.

Storar
18-01-2011, 06:40 PM
bet settled...Away Support, South Lower!
Again, another mention fro Killie

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/2011/71731101502983731651795.jpg

Killiehibbie
19-01-2011, 03:51 PM
When presented with the evidence he squirmed a bit and muttered about going to bank. I wonder how long it will take him to get there.:idiot: