PDA

View Full Version : CC Talking today on SSN etc

Bobby's Cinema
18-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Talking very negatively IMO

The way he talks its almost as if he doesn't realise that we are nowhere near good enough atm.

"I think it's an attractive game with a fair chance of an upset."

"We'll have to be very close to top level to have any chance of getting anything out of the game."

"There will be a winner on the night one way or another - it would be nice to get it."

It's the final one that irks me the most. I can't remember the exact quote, but he was saying on SSN about alot of people will have Ayr as favorites, and thats suits us. I cannot see in the slightest why he would take that approach. I appreciate that he has connections with Ayr and is giving them respect.

I hope he turns it around, and I hope he gets the much needed time to shape the team. But he doesn't help himself talking like that IMO

Mon the Hibbys tonight :pray:

GreenPJ
18-01-2011, 03:06 PM

The way he talks its almost as if he doesn't realise that we are nowhere near good enough atm.

"We'll have to be very close to top level to have any chance of getting anything out of the game."

"There will be a winner on the night one way or another - it would be nice to get it."

It's the final one that irks me the most. I can't remember the exact quote, but he was saying on SSN about alot of people will have Ayr as favorites, and thats suits us. I cannot see in the slightest why he would take that approach. I appreciate that he has connections with Ayr and is giving them respect.

I hope he turns it around, and I hope he gets the much needed time to shape the team. But he doesn't help himself talking like that IMO

He may as well try the reverse psychology approach as nothing else has worked on the squad.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 03:08 PM
He may as well try the reverse psychology approach as nothing else has worked on the squad.

I wish he would drop some of our so called top players, the youngsters will at least give it their all

ronaldo7
18-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Nice Avatar:wink: Fraz

Bobby's Cinema
18-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I wish he would drop some of our so called top players, the youngsters will at least give it their all
The starting line-up will be interesting. I can't see many changes at all. I don't see him throwing Booth in.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 03:13 PM
We were fed up of Yogi talking us up all the time. Now we have a miserable manager. :thumbsup:

Bobby's Cinema
18-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Nice Avatar:wink: Fraz
Cheers :thumbsup:

Pity about the result but what a few days

Kaiser1962
18-01-2011, 03:15 PM

So would you and I Joe but I wouldnt fancy our chances much:greengrin

ronaldo7
18-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Cheers :thumbsup:

Pity about the result but what a few days

And a long Drive:wink:

Bobby's Cinema
18-01-2011, 03:16 PM
We were fed up of Yogi talking us up all the time. Now we have a miserable manager. :thumbsup:
Do you not think the approach he's adopted in that interview is a bit strange? Second division Ayr United have possibly only 14players available tonight.

DAVE1875
18-01-2011, 03:17 PM
We should at least play a mostly youth team tonight with a view players like Murray and Riordan for experience

Bobby's Cinema
18-01-2011, 03:19 PM
And a long Drive:wink:
an even longer train from Budapest :cool2:

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Do you not think the approach he's adopted in that interview is a bit strange? Second division Ayr United have possibly only 14players available tonight.

Not a pop at you mate, i don't take any notice of what managers say these days. Only because they lie for a living, and then we scrutinize every word of those lie's. :wink:

matty_f
18-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I think he's got a point. Ayr will fancy their chances, and given how low our moral is, there's a good chance their heads already have them in the next round.

They won't be expecting a strong Hibs performance so if Hibs go at it from the start (and it's a big 'if') then I think it'll catch Ayr off guard.

The issue will come if the Hibs players already see Ayr in the next round.

lucky
18-01-2011, 03:22 PM
FFS HR should be saying they 2 cd division but we should see them of comfortabley

Bobby's Cinema
18-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Not a pop at you mate, i don't take any notice of what managers say these days. Only because they lie for a living, and then we scrutinize every word of those lie's. :wink:
Fair enough same with me. I've been trying to avoid it aswell. It just seemed strange hearing him say that on the eve of what is in the context of our season, really, a massive game

Vini1875
18-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I would have Ayr as favourites tonight. I'm going and praying we can get a win and a performance, but I have no faith in our players at all.

greenlex
18-01-2011, 03:44 PM
We will beat Ayr tonight comfortably in the end. I know this. CC knows this but he aint gonna say it.

Sas_The_Hibby
18-01-2011, 03:49 PM

"There will be a winner on the night one way or another - it would be nice to get it"

Are these two statements not completely contradictory or am I being a bit obtuse? (It has been known to happen! :greengrin)

Bobby's Cinema
18-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Are these two statements not completely contradictory or am I being a bit obtuse? (It has been known to happen! :greengrin)
Its definitely you :greengrin

francobaresi
18-01-2011, 08:25 PM

Apart from Williamson; remember he said "if you want entertained then go to the pictures" or something like that... He was right...