PDA

View Full Version : Well Done ICT, Killie & Hearts

JCHibby
18-01-2011, 11:27 AM
For having the bottle to say no to this ten team league. I wish other people could see passed the ££ - No ambition at all.

GreenCastle
18-01-2011, 11:30 AM
The silence from the board and lack of information regarding the issue on the official site has been a disgrace.

Together we are stronger ?

Please come out and explain Hibs why I should support this 10 team league and how it will improve players at the club and bring the crowds back to ER ?

truehibernian
18-01-2011, 11:32 AM
For having the bottle to say no to this ten team league. I wish other people could see passed the ££ - No ambition at all.

A bit hasty with your praise for ICT I think mate.

Major shareholder there, whilst unconvinced, has strongly hinted that he and his board will go with the majority opinion so as not to hamper the process. He refused to commit last night on radio and that is twice now in the last week I have heard him wavering and not towards their current stance.

I thought wee Robbo came across very well last night on behalf of the SFL clubs and yet again Mr Doncaster got an easy easy ride by the media. Clear to see that the BBC are still brainwashed into very much OF views. They should have torn a strip off him but allowed him to wriggle and squirm with rhetoric and cliche.

Andy74
18-01-2011, 11:36 AM
I think there's a wee danger that the fans are maybe thinking a bit simplistically on bigger league, more interest and competition.

Increasing the league in itself isn't going to make that happen.

What is more important is the distribution of money, ensuring we have timing right to compete in Europe and a number of other things.

I don't know the details of everything that is being proposed so I've no idea who deserves the well dones or not at this stage.

truehibernian
18-01-2011, 11:46 AM
I think there's a wee danger that the fans are maybe thinking a bit simplistically on bigger league, more interest and competition.

Increasing the league in itself isn't going to make that happen.

What is more important is the distribution of money, ensuring we have timing right to compete in Europe and a number of other things.

I don't know the details of everything that is being proposed so I've no idea who deserves the well dones or not at this stage.

True. Doncaster admitted twice yesterday, without going into detail, that wealth distribution was the main hurdle to overcome.

The fact that Killie and Hearts are in such a perilous financial state makes me think that it is just a matter of ticking the boxes and it will go ahead.

There is no clear vision though as to what happens to the reserve league, the SFL clubs, regionalising of football, etc, etc. As Robertson said last night, its pretty much the 10 major clubs getting their way, the Championship getting a bit more cash, and the rest left to rot.

How many clubs in the top flight are going to invest in a youth policy so that they remain in the top league ? IMHO, none.....they will buy from abroad or England.

Very rushed, ill thought out move.......but Scottish football will remain dire no matter what amount of teams, unless there is direct investment nationally and restrictions on player movement (foreign player rules, debt level rules, etc)

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Doncaster says going to a 10 team league with more money will help youngsters come through, How will this happen?

The last time every club brought in players from abroad, stifling youth if my memory is correct, why would it be any different this time?

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2011, 12:48 PM
As much as I never thought i'd see the day and it pains me greatly with every fibre of my soul to say it, I agree, well done ICT and Killie.

Hearts can GTF, as per usual.

The_Sauz
18-01-2011, 01:02 PM
I think we should do what the Italians did a few seasons back and go with a 3 Import rule, meaning that they must have 8 born Italians in the starting 11.
This stopped clubs spending money they did not have on transfer fees & high wage demands, plus it helped with the national team in the long run.

Scotland need a reserve league so the younger lads get a chance to progress! As we have seen in the past, playing U19's in to many games in the top league will burn them out sooner than later, leading them to just fade away with out ever getting near their potential.

The_Sauz
18-01-2011, 01:36 PM
As much as I never thought i'd see the day and it pains me greatly with every fibre of my soul to say it, I agree, well done ICT and Killie.

Hearts can GTF, as per usual.
Why! (a part from the obvious :wink:)
They (Yams) said that they would vote against a 10 team league unless the OF got the same money as everybody else, which is what the other clubs a **** scared to do.
We lost the Sky deal because they wanted a bigger shear off the pot, and sky told them to Foffski. Why do you think they were against ESPN covering our games?
The OF control our game when it comes to money and they have done so for many years. The whole SPL is set-up to help both Celtic & Ranger (Lex Gould let that slip in an interview) from the winter breaks that we had in the past (They need to rest players for European games was the excuse, but it did not stop them playing in arranged TV games in the USA & Australia) to the 8 (now 10) to 2 voting system, meaning if the other clubs wanted to do something (like go it a lone) they would vote against it.
Rangers were the first to moan about how they had to have 2 young lads on the subs bench, while 2 money grabbing players were in the stands, and then 1 1/2 years ago they moaned about how the could not afford to run a reserve team, then low & behold Celtic followed them, then Motherwell and St Mirren & Kilmarnock, hence the reason the SPL decided to stop the reserve league.

ancient hibee
18-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Why! (a part from the obvious :wink:)
They (Yams) said that they would vote against a 10 team league unless the OF got the same money as everybody else, which is what the other clubs a **** scared to do.
We lost the Sky deal because they wanted a bigger shear off the pot, and sky told them to Foffski. Why do you think they were against ESPN covering our games?
The OF control our game when it comes to money and they have done so for many years. The whole SPL is set-up to help both Celtic & Ranger (Lex Gould let that slip in an interview) from the winter breaks that we had in the past (They need to rest players for European games was the excuse, but it did not stop them playing in arranged TV games in the USA & Australia) to the 8 (now 10) to 2 voting system, meaning if the other clubs wanted to do something (like go it a lone) they would vote against it.
Rangers were the first to moan about how they had to have 2 young lads on the subs bench, while 2 money grabbing players were in the stands, and then 1 1/2 years ago they moaned about how the could not afford to run a reserve team, then low & behold Celtic followed them, then Motherwell and St Mirren & Kilmarnock, hence the reason the SPL decided to stop the reserve league.
The only Sky deal lost was because the numpties in the SPL other than the OF and Aberdeen went with Setanta-a busted flush from the outset.It was because Sky have stepped in to have the OF back on the box that we have a reasonable deal with ESPN picking up some of the matches under the Ofcom competition rules.Hearts didn't say they want the same money as the OF.They said they wanted a better distribution of the TV money.This is code for the 35% of half the TV money currently divided between 1st and 2nd being reduced to 30% and that 5%spread over the other places.The 10 team league has never been in doubt it's all about spreading the dosh by pretending to be against it.

The_Sauz
18-01-2011, 06:19 PM
The only Sky deal lost was because the numpties in the SPL other than the OF and Aberdeen went with Setanta-a busted flush from the outset.It was because Sky have stepped in to have the OF back on the box that we have a reasonable deal with ESPN picking up some of the matches under the Ofcom competition rules.Hearts didn't say they want the same money as the OF.They said they wanted a better distribution of the TV money.This is code for the 35% of half the TV money currently divided between 1st and 2nd being reduced to 30% and that 5%spread over the other places.The 10 team league has never been in doubt it's all about spreading the dosh by pretending to be against it.
I never said Hearts wanted a bigger share, what I did say was that they wanted everybody to get an equal share of the money (the bonus payments for final league positions has nothing to do with it)
The original Sky deal that we had, was the one that the OF screwed up when it was due for renewal. They wanted a bigger share of the main payment, more than they got the first time around, and that why sky pulled the plug (source..someone involved with the dealing of the contract :wink:)

francobaresi
18-01-2011, 08:30 PM
For what it's worth, two 20 team leagues with a 3rd of 10 for smaller clubs looking to break into bigger leagues. Plenty of goals, plenty of shocks, fans returning everywhere, play each other twice home & away like it should be. It'll never happen but that's the problem with scottish fitba imho...

I would never go back if it were 10 team league... Profiteering robbing barstewards...

Speedy
18-01-2011, 08:39 PM
I think we should do what the Italians did a few seasons back and go with a 3 Import rule, meaning that they must have 8 born Italians in the starting 11.
This stopped clubs spending money they did not have on transfer fees & high wage demands, plus it helped with the national team in the long run.

Scotland need a reserve league so the younger lads get a chance to progress! As we have seen in the past, playing U19's in to many games in the top league will burn them out sooner than later, leading them to just fade away with out ever getting near their potential.

You could have a home grown rule but not a rule stating that the players must be Scottish.

ancient hibee
18-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I never said Hearts wanted a bigger share, what I did say was that they wanted everybody to get an equal share of the money (the bonus payments for final league positions has nothing to do with it)
The original Sky deal that we had, was the one that the OF screwed up when it was due for renewal. They wanted a bigger share of the main payment, more than they got the first time around, and that why sky pulled the plug (source..someone involved with the dealing of the contract :wink:)
I'm afraid your informant is talking rubbish.The only reason the OF get a bigger payment is because they usually finish first or second.About half the money is divided equally by 12 and the other half according to league position.When Hearts were second they got the second bestpayout.The original Sky deal was not screwed up bythe OF but by the other clubs who chose Setanta.