PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell have taken Real Madrid's teenage centre half Jaime Navarro on trial

cam75
18-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Dont no anything about him but WTF hibs are very slow in the transfer market

easty
18-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Just cos he's come from Real Madrid doesn't mean he's any good, remember where Hearts got Juanjo.:cool2:

Woody1985
18-01-2011, 10:36 AM
So another team get an unknown youth player, on trial, indicating that he's probably being let go on a free and that reflects badly on hibs? FFS

greenlex
18-01-2011, 10:55 AM
He will be just what we need in a relegation fight.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-01-2011, 10:58 AM
So another team get an unknown youth player, on trial, indicating that he's probably being let go on a free and that reflects badly on hibs? FFS

You are correct. Motherwell are intending on selling their regular centre-half to Sheffield Wednesday, so are already looking at replacements. No way should we be acting like that. Our squad is fine.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

bingo70
18-01-2011, 11:02 AM
You are correct. Motherwell are intending on selling their regular centre-half to Sheffield Wednesday, so are already looking at replacements. No way should we be acting like that. Our squad is fine.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you not think hibs did act like that and attempted to line up replacements or do you think we sat about doing nothing until he'd left?

PeterboroHibee
18-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Dont no anything about him but WTF hibs are very slow in the transfer market

I wouldnt take the fact from hes from Real to mean anything. He could be absolute rubbish which is why theyve punted him (think how many players from the top teams never even come close to making it at that level!).

It is frustrating though when you see that other teams, who are in a more secure position than us, have been strenghting throughout January, while weve done nothing.

Fair enough if things dont work out, thats noones fault really, but CC really should be have been working on this so he was ready at the start of Jan to really push for players. Its well over 2 weeks in and all we have heard is that a couple of deals fell through; is that all that was lined up :confused:?

Jack
18-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Couldn’t find anything about him being a Real Madrid player looking through their squads but I did find this in the junior section;

Jack Harper, Midfield - Fullback, 14 Years, born Malaga, nationality Scottish!

More in the sun last April http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/2946050/Santiago-Sanchez-says-Jack-Harper-will-be-a-star-for-Real.html

How good is that for the laddie?

number 27
18-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Do you not think hibs did act like that and attempted to line up replacements or do you think we sat about doing nothing until he'd left?

Option 2 unfortunately :boo hoo:

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-01-2011, 11:59 AM

see where your sentence goes, or do you think....
well that is what I think.:agree:

J-C
18-01-2011, 12:04 PM
I wouldnt take the fact from hes from Real to mean anything. He could be absolute rubbish which is why theyve punted him (think how many players from the top teams never even come close to making it at that level!).

It is frustrating though when you see that other teams, who are in a more secure position than us, have been strenghting throughout January, while weve done nothing.

Fair enough if things dont work out, thats noones fault really, but CC really should be have been working on this so he was ready at the start of Jan to really push for players. Its well over 2 weeks in and all we have heard is that a couple of deals fell through; is that all that was lined up :confused:?

The fact that he was at RM in the first place probably means he's better technically than what we have here.

jdships
18-01-2011, 12:11 PM

:thumbsup::top marks

magnificent_seven
18-01-2011, 12:12 PM
I think the OP is merely trying to point out that Motherwell are making moves in the transfer market and that we are not. I agree with him, I am astounded that Hibs haven't signed anyone given the current predicament we find ourselves in. It's ridiculous really.

greenlex
18-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I think the OP is merely trying to point out that Motherwell are making moves in the transfer market and that we are not. I agree with him, I am astounded that Hibs haven't signed anyone given the current predicament we find ourselves in. It's ridiculous really.

Shoorley Shum Mishtake. We hadoads of trialists through East Mains last season and we were scraping the bottom of the barrel back then. What's changed?

jdships
18-01-2011, 12:20 PM

How'e that ?
Would you rather CC had signed the first "free" available rather than take his time to get some quality ?

:rolleyes::confused:

magnificent_seven
18-01-2011, 12:29 PM
How'e that ?
Would you rather CC had signed the first "free" available rather than take his time to get some quality ?

:rolleyes::confused:

It just is, he has been here for three months now, surely he should have had a list of targets he has had in mind? Just because the transfer window opened on the 1st of January, doesn't mean thats when the search for players started. CC would have known after the first game, what kind of players were needed at the club.

cam75
18-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Motherwell sold a player replacment being looked at,hibs player sold we are told that we have cover in Hanlon

greenlex
18-01-2011, 12:36 PM
It just is, he has been here for three months now, surely he should have had a list of targets he has had in mind? Just because the transfer window opened on the 1st of January, doesn't mean thats when the search for players started. CC would have known after the first game, what kind of players were needed at the club.
I am sure it didn't start on the 1st. I do think and a tually know that the targets have become unavailable for several reasons and we willbe onto our next targets.

H18sry
18-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Motherwell sold a player replacment being looked at,hibs player sold we are told that we have cover in Hanlon

We have options at CH all of the following 1st team squad players can play there without any worry Hanlon,Dicoh,Thicot,Murray and Stephens, CH IMO is not the position we need to worry about at the moment we need Strikers and ball winning midfielders, So get of CC's back and give him a chance, as already stated he has tried to sign 3 players but for one reason or another the deals have fallen through.

easty
18-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Option 1. What CC should do is send a group text to all the agents in his phone saying that the 1st 4 players that get to East Mains will be signed. Then we'll have some new players and we'll all be delighted on here that CC has actually started bringing in the much needed new players, regardless of who they are.

Or Option 2....CC could look to bring in the right players that the he and his management team believe will help us out of the relegation fight. We're well into the transfer window but there's still more than enough time to source out whats best for the rest of our season.

I do like option 1.....but then I also like option 2.....but which is better....only one way to find out....

Woody1985
18-01-2011, 12:49 PM

The two points are unrelated though. Why not just start a thread sayin hurry up and sign someone or have a go rather than trying to mask your point via someone else being on trial at another club. It's stupid.

If you're going to raise the point in this manner then at least put some effort into relating the two points to get your point across rather than a pishy one liner.

Woody1985
18-01-2011, 12:52 PM

I've read that two transfers fell through due to injuries which would indicate they were lined up.

DAZ86
18-01-2011, 12:59 PM
I really hope your right about CC taking time to find quality , I don't see any major quality being linked though.

I understand they are kept quiet these days but if all we can hope for is Adam Rooney, Willo Flood and some boys from the first division then thats where we will be. Division one.

As for the Motherwell boy, well done to them. They have identified an area of wekness in the squad and have sorted some cover. Shimples.:wink:

cam75
18-01-2011, 01:05 PM
We have options at CH all of the following 1st team squad players can play there without any worry Hanlon,Dicoh,Thicot,Murray and Stephens, CH IMO is not the position we need to worry about at the moment we need Strikers and ball winning midfielders, So get of CC's back and give him a chance, as already stated he has tried to sign 3 players but for one reason or another the deals have fallen through.
Im not on CC back far from it i belive he can come good given time and money to replace outgoing players,but the board must back now.Dicho apart from the rangers game looks 1 paced,murry legs have gone Stephens give him a chance when leauge safty is guarnteed,strong mid needed,strikers yes,def yes new fittness coach if poss?

aberhibsfc
18-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Couldn’t find anything about him being a Real Madrid player looking through their squads but I did find this in the junior section;

Jack Harper, Midfield - Fullback, 14 Years, born Malaga, nationality Scottish!

More in the sun last April http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/2946050/Santiago-Sanchez-says-Jack-Harper-will-be-a-star-for-Real.html

How good is that for the laddie?

Reminded me of this guy:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/the-scottish-goalkeeper-who-doesn-t-speak-english-1.852399

Kaiser1962
18-01-2011, 01:34 PM
The fact that he was at RM in the first place probably means he's better technically than what we have here.

And Rankin was at ManU. Your point is?

jdships
18-01-2011, 02:08 PM

I take it from what you write you are privy to the confedential transfer dealings that are going on as we speak ?
You , given your apparent expertise, should be applying for the manager's job at ER next time it comes up. :greengrin:wink:
If you have followed HFC for any length of time you will know it always has been their way of doing business not to issue "statements" re transfer activity until rhe signing was made
Just as it should be :agree:

For what it's worth I knew through my young lads at EM that Bamba was off to Leicester SIX days before he went but wouldn't break their confidence .- Hibs announced the move when it was a done deal as always

eastmainsmsh
18-01-2011, 02:23 PM
We might have a load of centre Backs but judging by our league position can they Defend:wink:

J-C
18-01-2011, 02:30 PM
We might have a load of centre Backs but judging by our league position can they Defend:wink:

You still need a strong midfield to defend from the front though.