PDA

View Full Version : Hibs mentioned in the latest Andy Murray interview.

Joy Zipper
18-01-2011, 07:34 AM
As per the title :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9361057.stm

Steve-O
18-01-2011, 07:57 AM

Can't see it? :confused:

cam75
18-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Can't see it? :confused:
Its at the end of his interview

Steve-O
18-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Ah, I am not getting the video here in NZ.

roondheid
18-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Just seen it, excellent!:flag:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9364743.stm

LancashireHibby
18-01-2011, 11:55 AM
What does he say? On my mobile somewhere in Ayrshire.

HibbyAndy
18-01-2011, 12:06 PM
What does he say? On my mobile somewhere in Ayrshire.

Interviewer says 'nice shirt Andy, Looks suspiciously like Hibernian' Murray replies 'Yeah i like it, Im sure the Hibs boys will like it too'

Go Andy :thumbsup:

Rory89
18-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Good lad. Cue some sad sack saying how he's a part timer who has a cheek to call himself a Hibby when he doesn't go to games, even though he's probably had to play tennis every Saturday for the last 10 years.

Does anyone else think Andy Murray's grown out of his "dour Scotsman" persona recently? I used to not really like him as a guy (like a lot of people) but he comes across a lot better than he used to, I guess he's probably just become more comfortable in front of a camera.

J-C
18-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Good lad. Cue some sad sack saying how he's a part timer who has a cheek to call himself a Hibby when he doesn't go to games, even though he's probably had to play tennis every Saturday for the last 10 years.

Does anyone else think Andy Murray's grown out of his "dour Scotsman" persona recently? I used to not really like him as a guy (like a lot of people) but he comes across a lot better than he used to, I guess he's probably just become more comfortable in front of a camera.

He went to a lot of games with his Grandad when he was younger, touring the world playing pro tennis for a living might not be any good for being a diehard Hibs fan, if they're still in his heart, then that'll do for me.

p.s.You don't see Dougrie Scott at every match but he's still a fan.

Rory89
18-01-2011, 01:53 PM
He went to a lot of games with his Grandad when he was younger, touring the world playing pro tennis for a living might not be any good for being a diehard Hibs fan, if they're still in his heart, then that'll do for me.

p.s.You don't see Dougrie Scott at every match but he's still a fan.

Some of the posts on previous Andy Murray related threads are just baffling. The people having a go at him for putting in the work required to become a world class tennis player, because it means he misses Hibs games. Like me, the people making these complaints about him probably don't have any remarkable talent so spending your weekends getting bevvied and going to the football is fine for us.

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Nice one Andy Murray :thumbsup::aok:

JimBHibees
18-01-2011, 02:26 PM

I think this image is overplayed mostly by the tabloid media in England who stitched him up with the 'anyone but England' quip a few years. Since understandably he has been a bit more coy with what he says however to me he is an exceptional world class talent who loves to win and hates losing. He isnt a stand up comedian he is a tennis player lets judge him on that.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 02:44 PM

:top marksFantastic!