PDA

View Full Version : What are CC's management skills.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 07:46 PM
CC has failed to address any of the problems we had, and things are probably worse now than when he got the job. Hughes may not have been the right man, but what has CC done that says to anyone he has the tools to be a good manager?

Organization nope, Tactics nope, Motivation nope, players fitter nope. Just what has he done since arriving, other than make us even easier to beat?

Captain Trips
17-01-2011, 07:47 PM
CC has failed to address any of the problems we had, and things are probably worse now than when he got the job. Hughes may not have been the right man, but what has CC done that says to anyone he has the tools to be a good manager?

Organization nope, Tactics nope, Motivation nope, players fitter nope. Just what has he done since arriving, other than make us even easier to beat?

With you on this G.

Sammy7nil
17-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Cheap shot, what about promotion with N Forest and play offs with Northampton or do they not count :confused:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 07:53 PM
With you on this G.

He does need time, we sack folk far too easily these days. And thats the last thing i want here. Yet any new manager has to show some managerial ability with managing poor players. Its easy to manage good ones, but managers earn their corn with what they do in adversity, and CC is failing on that score.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Cheap shot, what about promotion with N Forest and play offs with Northampton or do they not count :confused:

Hibs are what matter to me.

NthCarolinaHibs
17-01-2011, 07:55 PM
No, they don't count when we're talking about what he's done for the Hibs

scoopyboy
17-01-2011, 08:03 PM
He does need time, we sack folk far too easily these days. And thats the last thing i want here. Yet any new manager has to show some managerial ability with managing poor players. Its easy to manage good ones, but managers earn their corn with what they do in adversity, and CC is failing on that score.

I think it is your first sentence that is the key to your post.

You realise he needs time.

I think the best way to manage poor players is to try to encourage them until you can get shot of them, that has not been possible as yet.

From what I can make out the players rate him, something that cannot be said how they felt about Yogi.

skipster7
17-01-2011, 08:08 PM
his main skill so far would seem to be restraint as he probably feels like wandering about east mains with an ak47 to trying get through to the biggest bunch of wasters ever to " grace" the turf at easter rd.
the overiding problem we have is a shockingly poor standard of player.anyone with an ounce of common sense must give him a chance to get rid of the wasters which is 2 windows minimum imo.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 08:09 PM
I think it is your first sentence that is the key to your post.

You realise he needs time.

I think the best way to manage poor players is to try to encourage them until you can get shot of them, that has not been possible as yet.

From what I can make out the players rate him, something that cannot be said how they felt about Yogi.

I do realise he needs time, although i did hope for better from him. There is no signs at all of any of the things i mentioned above. It seems Hibs are the only side that fails to get a lift from a new manager. :boo hoo:

Alfred E Newman
17-01-2011, 08:14 PM

As it stands we would not have been much worse off if we had kept Yogi.
We were going nowhere fast under Yogi but the board had to make sure we had the right man to replace him. It is looking more and more like Petrie has goofed big style.

JimBHibees
17-01-2011, 08:15 PM
I do realise he needs time, although i did hope for better from him. There is no signs at all of any of the things i mentioned above. It seems Hibs are the only side that fails to get a lift from a new manager. :boo hoo:

I hear what you are saying however I would hope his skills bear fruit in the longer term. I think alot of this mythical bounce people talk about usually lasts for a few games then it is normal service. I wouldnt underestimate the factor of so many players being out of contract in the summer. I also think a factor is the weather as I think he is meant to be very keen on fitness and the snow will have kicked alot of the hard work he may have been planning into touch. Hopefully a spell of better weather will see him getting his message across. That allied to a few signings hopefully will get us back on track.

The Voice Of Reason
17-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Not impressed by CC and Adams so far (understatement of the year).

This place will be in meltdown if the part timers beat us tomorrow (which I personally wouldn't bet against). :boo hoo:

bingo70
17-01-2011, 08:18 PM

Thats not true, IIRC Mixu was unbeaten after about 6 or 7, Hughes had a terrific start to his career as did JC.

Thats one of the reasons i'm ok with CC making a slow start, as long as he keeps us up IMO he'll get to the root of the real problems, making a good start would have just papered over the cracks and possibly earned some of these wasters a new contract and it would have been back to the usual pish from next season.

Saying that, it goes without saying, winning is obviously better than losing and i don't want it to sound like i'm saying otherwise, however in the bigger picture the fact it's taking longer than we'd like might turn out to be a good thing in the long run.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I hear what you are saying however I would hope his skills bear fruit in the longer term. I think alot of this mythical bounce people talk about usually lasts for a few games then it is normal service. I wouldnt underestimate the factor of so many players being out of contract in the summer. I also think a factor is the weather as I think he is meant to be very keen on fitness and the snow will have kicked alot of the hard work he may have been planning into touch. Hopefully a spell of better weather will see him getting his message across. That allied to a few signings hopefully will get us back on track.

Aberdeen will probably have had worse weather than us. And train in worse conditions i'd imagine? Brown and Knox have come in and turned their season around with the same players, yet CC needs new signings? Good management i'd say, little evidence of that at easter road

bingo70
17-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Aberdeen will probably have had worse weather than us. And train in worse conditions i'd imagine? Brown and Knox have come in and turned their season around with the same players, yet CC needs new signings? Good management i'd say, little evidence of that at easter road

They've got Mcguire and Vernon (think thats his name) who can score goals and a leader in Paul Hartley who whether we like it or not is exactly the sort of player we're crying out for.

CC took over a team that couldnae keep a clean sheet with no leaders in midfield and only one forward player thats going to get goals and he's not the sort of forward that can play up front on his own so i think a lot of it is down to personell so a couple of new players could make the difference IMO

Kato
17-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Good management i'd say, little evidence of that at easter road

....and a bit of luck in that Brown has players who seem to want to pull together and earn their wages.

Hiber-nation
17-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Not impressed by CC and Adams so far (understatement of the year).

This place will be in meltdown if the part timers beat us tomorrow (which I personally wouldn't bet against). :boo hoo:

Well you can get 5/1 Ayr.

Arch Stanton
17-01-2011, 08:48 PM

Perhaps the Aberdeen squad had some basic footballing skills, like passing and stuff and understood some of the more advanced aspects that are currently beyond our stars - offside and the like. Of course, as such an enthusiastic supporter of JH you probably have overlooked that we have been stuck with such a sorry bunch.

You might long for the days where managers stuck with duff players in duff formations for no obvious reason - personally I am happier that a longer term view is being taken. It is surely better to fully gauge the abilities of our squad, such as they are, than try to scuff a few points here and there and hope that shipping in a few journeymen will sort everything.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 08:50 PM
They've got Mcguire and Vernon (think thats his name) who can score goals and a leader in Paul Hartley who whether we like it or not is exactly the sort of player we're crying out for.

CC took over a team that couldnae keep a clean sheet with no leaders in midfield and only one forward player thats going to get goals and he's not the sort of forward that can play up front on his own so i think a lot of it is down to personell so a couple of new players could make the difference IMO

Aberdeen were losing goals too, 9-0 at celtic anyone?
Those players couldnt score a goal either, and Hartley was playing for the side 2nd bottom, so with the best will in the world, cant have been playing that well. Seems to me the new management team have gone in and shook the place up, yet CC has not?

bingo70
17-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Those players couldnt score a goal either, and Hartley was playing for the side 2nd bottom, so with the best will in the world, cant have been playing that well. Seems to me the new management team have gone in and shook the place up, yet CC has not?

No but i think Brown had the foundations of a team and had something to work with, he's also got experience of the scottish game and knew more of the aberdeen players than CC knows of the hibs team.

Obviously it may turn out that Brown is simply a better manager than CC and you may well be right, i can understand though why it's taking him a bit longer than we'd have liked and am happy to wait to judge him next season...as long as we stay up obviously which i think we will.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Perhaps the Aberdeen squad had some basic footballing skills, like passing and stuff and understood some of the more advanced aspects that are currently beyond our stars - offside and the like. Of course, as such an enthusiastic supporter of JH you probably have overlooked that we have been stuck with such a sorry bunch.

You might long for the days where managers stuck with duff players in duff formations for no obvious reason - personally I am happier that a longer term view is being taken. It is surely better to fully gauge the abilities of our squad, such as they are, than try to scuff a few points here and there and hope that shipping in a few journeymen will sort everything.

Ah right, aberdeen were in a false position, and just needed a better manager, just like 99% of this board said when they wanted Hughes out? Calderwood has shown nothing so far, surely we should be looking for some improvement, some sort of organization, a plan A. :tee hee:

Arch Stanton
17-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Ah right, aberdeen were in a false position, and just needed a better manager, just like 99% of this board said when they wanted Hughes out? Calderwood has shown nothing so far, surely we should be looking for some improvement, some sort of organization, a plan A. :tee hee:

And if Hughes was here we would be seeing improvement, organisation and a plan A??? :faf: :faf: :faf:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 09:07 PM
And if Hughes was here we would be seeing improvement, organisation and a plan A??? :faf: :faf: :faf:

I never said that? :confused: CC was brought in to stop the rot, the rot Hughes had put us in. He's failed miserably so far, in fact i would go as far and say its worse under CC than it was under Hughes. So will ask you, what has CC done thats improved the team, where has there been any improvement?

skipster7
17-01-2011, 09:07 PM
no 2 situations are the same,aberdeen were poor as well but as someone else said the laddie vernon seems like a decent CF and they also have the boy mcguire who is decent so they still had goals in them.we on the other hand have our ONLY goalscoring threat going through a bad spell and have nobody else that looks likelyto step up to the mark.
people forget we've been left with Nish who probably wishes he was away and a lithuanian journyman who has had 2 decent games but not even a shot on goal since.there are simply no goals in the team but hopefully the likes of duffy can get a few as his fitness improves.

I'm_cabbaged
17-01-2011, 09:14 PM

From the first game I wasn't sure if it was him that picked the team or if the backroom staff picked it, a bit of chopping and changing (as could be expected since he'd never saw them play before) led us to the Hun game and a resounding 3-0 victory. What baffled me is that he changed it again for next match. I know that he said he wants to give everyone a chance but, fek me he must realise that we're teetering on the brink of relegation. What worries me is, does he think we're too good to go down? Or has he maybe, just maybe got a few cards up his sleeve in the terms of signing a few in this window? :dunno:

Shrekko
17-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm sure CC has made mistakes- he's admitted as much, but some of the criticism is just ridiculous.

How can folk judge his tactical nous? Does anyone actually know what he's telling the players to do? Can he actually be made responsible for the constant individual errors being made by players?

He has a huge job on his hands and I believe he's up to it, although I think he's shocked at how bad things are. My guess is that he'll have spoken to folk and been given the usual garbage about what a thriving club we are, young talent blah blah blah.

I don't expect a new manager to come in and work miracles. These 5/6 week boosts that new managers bring ultimately mean very little. It's usually players motivated by a fresh start- as we know, our lot are harder to motivate!!

Kato
17-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I never said that? :confused: CC was brought in to stop the rot, the rot Hughes had put us in. He's failed miserably so far, in fact i would go as far and say its worse under CC than it was under Hughes. So will ask you, what has CC done thats improved the team, where has there been any improvement?

Your talking as though both the Aberdeen and Hibs squads are blank canvases waiting for the right manager to come along and that the managers input shapes them into whatever they want.

The Aberdeen and Hibs squads aren't the same groups of people. The main thing that will improve the Hibs team at the moment is 11 new players. Whatever rot set in under Hughes is poisonous, that coupled with 16 contracts running down at the same time means we have a squad infected with a "couldn't give a toss" attitude.

Arch Stanton
17-01-2011, 09:27 PM

How can I put this? Would you start a building project by calling in the diggers and the workies or might you not think to call in the architects and surveyors first?

I guess if you think that the work required at Aberdeen is identical to the work required at Hibs then it will indeed make sense to you that a new gaffer should just stroll in and immediately do the necessary to fix things.

However, I just don't share your simplistic notions of things.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Your talking as though both the Aberdeen and Hibs squads are blank canvases waiting for the right manager to come along and that the managers input shapes them into whatever they want.

The Aberdeen and Hibs squads aren't the same groups of people. The main thing that will improve the Hibs team at the moment is 11 new players. Whatever rot set in under Hughes is poisonous, that coupled with 16 contracts running down at the same time means we have a squad infected with a "couldn't give a toss" attitude.

I have no idea if there poisonous rot at easter road, i do know we have some poor players, just as Aberdeen have, yet they somehow seem to be responding to their new manager a lot better than our lot have. Its always the same reason we do poorly at easter road, the last manager left a right load of pish. What happened to managers actually managing, setting the team up properly, and making them difficult to beat?

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 09:36 PM
How can I put this? Would you start a building project by calling in the diggers and the workies or might you not think to call in the architects and surveyors first?

I guess if you think that the work required at Aberdeen is identical to the work required at Hibs then it will indeed make sense to you that a new gaffer should just stroll in and immediately do the necessary to fix things.

I don't think both problems are identical, i just stated they managed to get an upsurge in results, and it seems to me their manager has been responsible for that. Ours has made us easier to beat, and not shown anything yet as manager of Hibs.

vla_di_vla
17-01-2011, 09:42 PM

I was really worried when he was announced as i felt his negative tactics would be awful to watch even if they might yield results. However he's not yet made us hard to beat and the main reason is he's persisting with Riordan in the team and especially up front. That makes me wonder if he's capable of making tough decisions as leaving out golden boy would not be popular. The other problem is Rod can't possibly sack another manager anytime soon as there really would be a revolt and his position would be untenable

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 09:48 PM
I was really worried when he was announced as i felt his negative tactics would be awful to watch even if they might yield results. However he's not yet made us hard to beat and the main reason is he's persisting with Riordan in the team and especially up front. That makes me wonder if he's capable of making tough decisions as leaving out golden boy would not be popular. The other problem is Rod can't possibly sack another manager anytime soon as there really would be a revolt and his position would be untenable

I wont beat about the bush, i have been very disappointed with him so far, and have seen absolutely nothing from tactics to team selections or motivation of players to any sort of style of play. But i do agree Rod wont sack him, and i wouldn't want him too either, we cant keep doing that. CC needs at least 3 seasons to build his side, in fact build the club. We need to keep our nerve, and hopefully stay up and let the work begin for real in the summer.

ancient hibee
17-01-2011, 09:51 PM
He's got a nearly impossible job.Look at the three goals against Celtic.

1 2 players run out to Stokes on the wing,fail to do anything and leave Hanlon one on one with a guy with a goal a game scoring record.

2 As Stevenson(who I like because he seems to put his heart into it)has failed to learn to use his right foot he tries to tackle Stokes with his left which meant he is bound to make contact with Stokes before the ball-the TV clearly showed that a simple right foot tackle would have knocked the ball away.

3 At the corner from where I was sitting we could all see that Stokes was totally unmarked-he then has his wee training ground trick and there is nobody on the post to head the ball away.

What can a manager do when players just make mistake after mistake-it's too late to coach it out of them.

vla_di_vla
17-01-2011, 10:07 PM
He's got a nearly impossible job.Look at the three goals against Celtic.

1 2 players run out to Stokes on the wing,fail to do anything and leave Hanlon one on one with a guy with a goal a game scoring record.

2 As Stevenson(who I like because he seems to put his heart into it)has failed to learn to use his right foot he tries to tackle Stokes with his left which meant he is bound to make contact with Stokes before the ball-the TV clearly showed that a simple right foot tackle would have knocked the ball away.

3 At the corner from where I was sitting we could all see that Stokes was totally unmarked-he then has his wee training ground trick and there is nobody on the post to head the ball away.

What can a manager do when players just make mistake after mistake-it's too late to coach it out of them.

1/ He can set us up in a more defensive manner. Maybe try 3 centre backs with 2 full backs who can also push on when we have the ball with a centre forward who can hold the ball up and can compete in the air

2/ A manager can do nothing with that kind of poor decision making

3/ For someone who has everyone back for corners how can we not have enough for one on each post?

Arch Stanton
17-01-2011, 10:08 PM
I don't think both problems are identical, i just stated they managed to get an upsurge in results, and it seems to me their manager has been responsible for that. Ours has made us easier to beat, and not shown anything yet as manager of Hibs.

Yep, well like I said, I just don't share your simplistic view of things.

I would not have been impressed if he had just shut up shop and made us difficult to beat - the fact he hasn't shows to me he has some ambition and intelligence.

Anyway, as you so repeatedly stated, Hughes had a great Dec/Jan for results last year but now you accept he wasn't a good manager.

Who knows, you may also come to see that CC having a rubbish Dec/Jan doesn't make him a bad manager.

I do wonder though how much of CC's work you are party to - if you are privy to all that is going on and can't see him displaying any managerial potential then that would be one thing - but you're not are you?

HibeeMG
17-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I have no idea if there poisonous rot at easter road, i do know we have some poor players, just as Aberdeen have, yet they somehow seem to be responding to their new manager a lot better than our lot have. Its always the same reason we do poorly at easter road, the last manager left a right load of pish. What happened to managers actually managing, setting the team up properly, and making them difficult to beat?

You've pretty much answered your own argument there Gary.

The Aberdeen players 'seem to be responding to their new manager a lot better than our lot have'.

It's the players that are the problem. CC might well be doing the same things that Brown is doing at the Dons but he's not getting the same results for the reasons posted by other people.

I'm definitely not happy with the results and our form but at least CC sounds as though he knows what he needs to do and what the problems are. Given that our previous manager had his head in the sand, I'd say that was at least a step in the right direction.

It's just a case of waiting to see whether he only talks a good game or whether he can deliver also.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 10:18 PM

I would not have been impressed if he had just shut up shop and made us difficult to beat - the fact he hasn't shows to me he has some ambition and intelligence.

Anyway, as you so repeatedly stated, Hughes had a great Dec/Jan for results last year but now you accept he wasn't a good manager.

Who knows, you may also come to see that CC having a rubbish Dec/Jan doesn't make him a bad manager.

I do wonder though how much of CC's work you are party to - if you are privy to all that is going on and can't see him displaying any managerial potential then that would be one thing - but you're not are you?

I am party to no inside information as to how he works, just make my views on what i see on match day. I'm not even saying CC is a bad manager, i am asking the question what are his skills as a manager?

We have seen no improvement, in fact gone backwards in my opinion. I'd have hoped we would have seen something, a spark a shape, a team playing differently from the previous manager, but as i said, nothing. Managers get it easy in my opinion, ach we are sheite, but its the last managers fault. I cant make any difference until i get my own players in.

We said the same about Collins, Mixu and Hughes, can managers these days not manage other peoples teams?

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2011, 10:20 PM
You've pretty much answered your own argument there Gary.

The Aberdeen players 'seem to be responding to their new manager a lot better than our lot have'.

It's the players that are the problem. CC might well be doing the same things that Brown is doing at the Dons but he's not getting the same results for the reasons posted by other people.

I'm definitely not happy with the results and our form but at least CC sounds as though he knows what he needs to do and what the problems are. Given that our previous manager had his head in the sand, I'd say that was at least a step in the right direction.

It's just a case of waiting to see whether he only talks a good game or whether he can deliver also.

:agree:

nortonhibby
17-01-2011, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2695652]CC has failed to address any of the problems we had, and things are probably worse now than when he got the job. Hughes may not have been the right man, but what has CC done that says to anyone he has the tools to be a good manager?

Organization nope, Tactics nope, Motivation nope, players fitter nope. Just what has he done since arriving, other than make us even easier to beat?[/QUOTE

You have me confused CC Has inherited a very bad team do you expect him to sort the mess out in 3 months ?
Okay he has got off to a bad start but Rome was not built in a Day:flag:
was Sir Alex Ferguson not days away from the sack he won the FA Cup and History was in place CC Needs time 2 to 3 years not months we must back him and be patient:aok:

vahibbie
17-01-2011, 10:59 PM

that's a bit unfair is it no:confused:Can't be many who are privy to the ins and outs of the managers decisions. All most of us see are the results, performances and the attitude of the team. CC has not shown to have had a positive effect on any.
For what it's worth I'm with BH on this one. I was not a fan of his appointment and have been very un-impressed with what he's shown so far.
It might be unfair to the guy but even this early I wouldn't be sorry to see him go, if it's no going to work might as well cut our losses.

snooky
17-01-2011, 11:08 PM
One thing that is glaringly obvious to me is the lack of organisation in the team.

A couple of seasons ago Dundee Utd were the SPL whipping boys. Craig Levine came in and within A WEEK he had them organised on the park and that began in the warm up. I think we drew with them at ER that day.

At this point I would have thought CC would have us being at least hard to beat. I wasn't looking for and don't expect free flowing football given the squad and our league position but hey, I thought he'd have something sorted, beginning with the defence. Unfortunately, I can see no evidence of it - zilch.

We really need some fundimental shape + an injection of spirit and skill into the squad now.

Speedway
17-01-2011, 11:41 PM

Got the respect of the players which the previous manager didn't have, working the players much harder in training, impressing them by having played/coached at a higher level and demonstrating excellent diplomatic skills by making them believe he rates them when in private can't believe how poor they are.

SmokieJoe
17-01-2011, 11:46 PM

Maybe he's used to working with proffessionals that listen, give 100% week in/out and has not had to contend with the drinking culture that has been much publicised on .net forums

sesoim
18-01-2011, 12:03 AM
I wont beat about the bush, i have been very disappointed with him so far, and have seen absolutely nothing from tactics to team selections or motivation of players to any sort of style of play. But i do agree Rod wont sack him, and i wouldn't want him too either, we cant keep doing that. CC needs at least 3 seasons to build his side, in fact build the club. We need to keep our nerve, and hopefully stay up and let the work begin for real in the summer.

I'd stick by him if I felt he was the right appointment, but he isn't, as I said the minute we were linked with him. If CC keeps his job, I see very slow progress over the next few years, ie avoid relegation this season, and bottom six places for a few seasons. The football wont be great either. If that happens, crowds will be right back down to Williamson levels, maybe worse, and the whole club will go backwards.

If I was Tom Farmer I'd be having a serious word with Petrie now about his appointments and his own position. Surely he must be a little concerned about how his investment is currently going down and down in value?

Kato
18-01-2011, 01:17 AM
I have no idea if there poisonous rot at easter road,

Check our record for 2010. If that doesn't read like poisonous rot I dunno what does. I'll tell you another sign of poisonous rot. When the manager calls a player over to get instruction and he and almost every other player requested to do the same tells the manager to f@@k off.

A lot of the players we have in the squad have already mentally moved on for various reasons including just not being good enough, confidence, and just not being bothered - there is not enough spark or desire to win games. That will have to bought in.

i do know we have some poor players, just as Aberdeen have, yet they somehow seem to be responding to their new manager a lot better than our lot have.

Once the players are over the line its up to them to show whatever response they've in mind. In certain games its been impossible to see what tactics are on show as we just don't keep hold of the ball for long enough. Players aren't automatons remotely controlled by the back room staff. They have to show responsibility too, and take some.

Its always the same reason we do poorly at easter road, the last manager left a right load of pish.

Well with the turn-over of ill-advised choices of manager at ER what do you expect? For what its worth after Hughes left I thought it might be a good idea if Petrie didn't take the part in the interview process as he is useless at picking managers. Whether CC turns out to be another dud is still to be revealed but if you think the Aberdeen job is comparable to what is going down at Hibs your either daft or just don't want to hear it.

What happened to managers actually managing, setting the team up properly, and making them difficult to beat?

Dunno, we've not had a good enough manager at the Hibs for a few years to put a squad together to do that. Another aspect is there are guys who attend ER who imagine that its easy to put a "free flowing footballing" side out on the park and that it should just happen, straight away - now. We've also had daftie managers who have promised that, not only that but on their very first interviews in the job. So we get flimsy fleeting glimpses of "flair" with no foundation. Then when that collapses those in the crowd who think we should be world-beater sap the teams confidence by booing and cat-calling.

Why do you think our the players haven't responded to the manager. Surely if they are professionals they should man up a bit, show a bit of desire like they did at Ibrox.

Kato
18-01-2011, 01:52 AM
I have no idea if there poisonous rot at easter road,

Check our record for 2010. If that doesn't read like poisonous rot I dunno what does. I'll tell you another sign of poisonous rot. When the manager calls a player over to get instruction and he and almost every other player requested to do the same tells the manager to f@@k off.

A lot of the players we have in the squad have already mentally moved on for various reasons including just not being good enough, confidence, and just not being bothered - there is not enough spark or desire to win games. That will have to bought in.

i do know we have some poor players, just as Aberdeen have, yet they somehow seem to be responding to their new manager a lot better than our lot have.

Once the players are over the line its up to them to show whatever response they've in mind. In certain games its been impossible to see what tactics are on show as we just don't keep hold of the ball for long enough. Players aren't automatons remotely controlled by the back room staff. They have to show responsibility too, and take some.

Its always the same reason we do poorly at easter road, the last manager left a right load of pish.

Well with the turn-over of ill-advised choices of manager at ER what do you expect? For what its worth after Hughes left I thought it might be a good idea if Petrie didn't take the part in the interview process as he is useless at picking managers. Whether CC turns out to be another dud is still to be revealed but if you think the Aberdeen job is comparable to what is going down at Hibs your either daft or just don't want to hear it.

What happened to managers actually managing, setting the team up properly, and making them difficult to beat?

Dunno, we've not had a good enough manager at the Hibs for a few years to put a squad together to do that. Another aspect is there are guys who attend ER who imagine that its easy to put a "free flowing footballing" side out on the park and that it should just happen, straight away - now. We've also had daftie managers who have promised that, not only that but on their very first interviews in the job. So we get flimsy fleeting glimpses of "flair" with no foundation. Then when that collapses those in the crowd who think we should be world-beater sap the teams confidence by booing and cat-calling.

Why do you think our the players haven't responded to the manager. Surely if they are professionals they should man up a bit, show a bit of desire like they did at Ibrox.

hibs0666
18-01-2011, 01:58 AM

Calderwood will not change his softly, softly attitude and start lambasting players. "I don't particularly think that's the way forward," he said, "because we've got enough people criticising us. And the point of coaching is to coach, educate, manage. You can tell them its wrong, but you've got to tell them what to do to make it right.That's always been my philosophy."

Calderwood seems puzzled why his men are underperforming: "They haven't shown their true level of ability. I don't think it's hard to get them to relax and come in and enjoy training, I can see that day after day.

"What is hard for them is that we're not getting the first goal. We go behind and it becomes almost a groundhog day situation but they showed a terrific response against Dundee United, a good response against Aberdeen, going behind at home and getting themselves back into both games, although obviously we lost to Aberdeen.

Central defender Paul Hanlon confirmed that Calderwood had been a calming beacon in the dressing room: "He's got that presence about him without shouting and bawling, and gets respect from the players. To be honest, there's not too much anxiety and you can't feel it too much in the squad."

Glad to be of help. :rolleyes:

Beefster
18-01-2011, 06:09 AM
As it stands we would not have been much worse off if we had kept Yogi.
We were going nowhere fast under Yogi but the board had to make sure we had the right man to replace him. It is looking more and more like Petrie has goofed big style.

We might not have been worse off under Hughes right now but the poor performances under the same man would have been stretching to about a year by now and we already knew that Hughes was pretty clueless about how to resolve the slide, even having a few windows to improve the team.

Calderwood may turn out to be as big a huddie as Hughes but he needs the chance to change some personnel before he can be fairly judged. Even Sauzee got to sign a few players before he was sacked.

sahib
18-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Got the respect of the players which the previous manager didn't have, working the players much harder in training, impressing them by having played/coached at a higher level and demonstrating excellent diplomatic skills by making them believe he rates them when in private can't believe how poor they are.

Yet none of this has helped one iota.
So far.

The Falcon
18-01-2011, 07:06 AM

Yet

LeithBoozy
18-01-2011, 07:08 AM
He needs to be given time, the guy has the experience, he got three promotions in six years you don't achieve that sort of record if you are a bad manager. The sad thing is when he joined us, he was quoted as saying I have found a club that wants me, and Hibs have found a person that really wants to come here too. We need to back him until he gets his own players in. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Maybe he's used to working with proffessionals that listen, give 100% week in/out and has not had to contend with the drinking culture that has been much publicised on .net forums

Saturdays team, one that gave one of the most inept performances i have witnessed against one half of the old firm.

Brown
Thicot
Dickoh
Hanlon
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
DeGraff
Miller
Zemamma
Galbraith
Riordan.

Drinking culture?

Stevie Reid
18-01-2011, 10:13 AM

If anyone had told me that they would have swapped our squad for Aberdeen's prior to Brown's arrival, I would not have believed them.

Speedway
18-01-2011, 01:09 PM
So far.

You can't polish a turd.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 01:30 PM
You can't polish a turd.

Yogi managed it from August to mid February.

nortonhibby
18-01-2011, 01:31 PM
We might not have been worse off under Hughes right now but the poor performances under the same man would have been stretching to about a year by now and we already knew that Hughes was pretty clueless about how to resolve the slide, even having a few windows to improve the team.

Calderwood may turn out to be as big a huddie as Hughes but he needs the chance to change some personnel before he can be fairly judged. Even Sauzee got to sign a few players before he was sacked.

Good post lets see who he Colin identifies and brings in and how his new players perform IMO we need 3 or 4 new players and one should be a leader on the park lets give it a dozen games with the new players and judge Colin then he is working with Yogis players who were unde performing prior to CCs Arrival.

J-C
18-01-2011, 01:32 PM

And the 64 million dollar question is, how the hell did he manage it??

Luck or good management, me thinks luck. :wink:

rj hibs
18-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Face it, Yogi got lucky at the start. He did well for a while but ultimately he couldn't handle the pressure and completely lost the plot. This squad is poor and its yogi's fault, not calderwood's

archiebald
18-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Cant we all just leave him alone to get on with it !
We were in a bad way with the players we have still got-he is no mesiah
its them the players they dont seem to care. :flag:

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Face it, Yogi got lucky at the start. He did well for a while but ultimately he couldn't handle the pressure and completely lost the plot. This squad is poor and its yogi's fault, not calderwood's

We could do with some of his luck now. :faf:

down the slope
18-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I think there has been a difference in the Hibs since he came , maybe others will disagree but when i have watched them in away games the attitude seems better and at times it is hard to tell which is the home team. The problem is as many have said is the quality of the squad and the basic errors that they commit week in week out which is down to skill levels rather than attitude , think back to the United game when we gave them two goals of a start. but for schoolboy defending we would have won, lets hope i'm not eating my words tomorrow !.

steviehibsleith
18-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Saturdays team, one that gave one of the most inept performances i have witnessed against one half of the old firm.

Brown
Thicot
Dickoh
Hanlon
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
DeGraff
Miller
Zemamma
Galbraith
Riordan.

Drinking culture?
When this team selection many hibbies myself included thought it was about the best team he could put on the park - maybe not DeGraff and sure everyone will maybe have the odd change the point is a lot thought this was the best we could put out . Reality, they got rubbished by a very poor Celtic team. Yes CC could have made changes earlier but maybe hes making a point taht he wants money for changes and he wants it now, his interviews and demeanour tell everyone the squad is poor so why try paper over the cracks till the transfer window is shut then he well be up the creak as are Hibs. Show Petrie and the board we are in trouble get 2/3 players in and then grind out results be more defensive/organised keep us in the premier league before he can clear out in the summer and start his team.
Im just hoping hes good and this is the plan cos the hibs squad assembled now is appalling. there are some young prospects and good players so sorry to tar all with that brush but they need help for sure by new signing a couple of PROFFESIONAL footballers to aid the ones who want to try and keep us out of trouble.

Andy74
18-01-2011, 02:04 PM

I find it funny that the focus has changed from Yogi being poor at tactics, formations, interviews, dealing with players, and all that, to it being about him signing bad players.

He may have signed some bad ones but I think just looking at it just like that means that you are never going to the real answer.

We changed the manager, nothing changed so the fans views that the tactics, formations, not playing Galbnraith, and all that stuff were wrong, badly wrong.

So, the crowd that were saying that have changed to the signings and the players. Funny, as the previous guy wasn't getting the best out of good players.

The reality, and this explains CC's issues as well, is that confidence has been totally shattered. It started with injuries, pitches being poor, loss of players, loss of form, loss of East Stand possibly and has spiralled a bit out of control.

No, Hughes couldn't turn it around, and CC can't yet turn it around.

But, us deciding every player that goes out there isn't trying, isn't good enough, ids a wage thief is just making it worse, not better.

Perhaps if we really understood what has happened here instead of just blaming Hughes squarely then we might be able to begin to help.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 02:25 PM

Brown
Thicot
Dickoh
Hanlon
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
DeGraff
Miller
Zemamma
Galbraith
Riordan.

Drinking culture?

Did you not read all of my statement? you missed the bits about 100% professionals, and listening to what the manager asks of them.....

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Did you not read all of my statement? you missed the bits about 100% professionals, and listening to what the manager asks of them.....

Yes i did, which of that lot are not professionals? Or a piss head? And who does not listen to him?

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 02:29 PM
When this team selection many hibbies myself included thought it was about the best team he could put on the park - maybe not DeGraff and sure everyone will maybe have the odd change the point is a lot thought this was the best we could put out . Reality, they got rubbished by a very poor Celtic team. Yes CC could have made changes earlier but maybe hes making a point taht he wants money for changes and he wants it now, his interviews and demeanour tell everyone the squad is poor so why try paper over the cracks till the transfer window is shut then he well be up the creak as are Hibs. Show Petrie and the board we are in trouble get 2/3 players in and then grind out results be more defensive/organised keep us in the premier league before he can clear out in the summer and start his team.
Im just hoping hes good and this is the plan cos the hibs squad assembled now is appalling. there are some young prospects and good players so sorry to tar all with that brush but they need help for sure by new signing a couple of PROFFESIONAL footballers to aid the ones who want to try and keep us out of trouble.

Thicot Not good enough
Stevenson Not good enough ( 83 first team appearances and cannot command a first team place?)
DeGraff Not good enough (should be wearing a mask for the wage he is robbing us of)
Miller Far to hot and cold

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Thicot Not good enough
Stevenson Not good enough ( 83 first team appearances and cannot command a first team place?)
DeGraff Not good enough (should be wearing a mask for the wage he is robbing us of)
Miller Far to hot and cold

Ok we have decided who's not good enough, who then are piss heads, and who are not listening to the manager?

rj hibs
18-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I find it funny that the focus has changed from Yogi being poor at tactics, formations, interviews, dealing with players, and all that, to it being about him signing bad players.

He may have signed some bad ones but I think just looking at it just like that means that you are never going to the real answer.

We changed the manager, nothing changed so the fans views that the tactics, formations, not playing Galbnraith, and all that stuff were wrong, badly wrong.

So, the crowd that were saying that have changed to the signings and the players. Funny, as the previous guy wasn't getting the best out of good players.

The reality, and this explains CC's issues as well, is that confidence has been totally shattered. It started with injuries, pitches being poor, loss of players, loss of form, loss of East Stand possibly and has spiralled a bit out of control.

No, Hughes couldn't turn it around, and CC can't yet turn it around.

But, us deciding every player that goes out there isn't trying, isn't good enough, ids a wage thief is just making it worse, not better.

Perhaps if we really understood what has happened here instead of just blaming Hughes squarely then we might be able to begin to help.

I agree it would be stupid to blame it just on poor signings and substandard players. its also down to a combination of other things such as the mentality hughes implemented into the team and his public berating of them when they were on the pitch. he said he was tring to build a team with "real characters" but as far as I can see there are no leaders on the pitch.

Yogi made too many mistaskes and although quite likeable, his post-match interviews wore on me after a while and in the end I was glad to to see him go. it is his fault we're in the state we're in and we were getting worse and worse each week with him in charge.

Calderwood has a huge task on his hands and so far he has not been able to turn it round but I remain confident that he will.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Ok we have decided who's not good enough, who then are piss heads, and who are not listening to the manager?

And the many posters on .net are completely off the mark with the drinking culture?
JC tried to enforce a more professional way for the players way back when, and look what happened, he lost the dressing room twice.

Do you honestly think that the manager told them to go out and play like that?

We will never find out exactly who the piss heads are and who doesn't listen/or is incapable of folloing simple instructions, the basic schoolboy errors that happen week after week, he will surely point these out to the relevant players.

Who knows, he might even be into claims direct to put in a claim for RSI.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 02:43 PM
And the many posters on .net are completely off the mark with the drinking culture?
JC tried to enforce a more professional way for the players way back when, and look what happened, he lost the dressing room twice.

We will never find out exactly who the piss heads are and who doesn't listen/or is incapable of folloing simple instructions, the basic schoolboy errors that happen week after week, he will surely point these out to the relevant players.

Brown
Thicot
Dickoh
Hanlon
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
DeGraff
Miller
Zemamma
Galbraith
Riordan.

I ask again, which players are piss heads from that team? And who are less than 100% professional.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Brown
Thicot
Dickoh
Hanlon
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
DeGraff
Miller
Zemamma
Galbraith
Riordan.

I ask again, which players are piss heads from that team? And who are less than 100% professional.

What ones aren't piss heads, and what ones are 100% professional?
those might be the easier ones to answer

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Brown
Thicot
Dickoh
Hanlon
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
DeGraff
Miller
Zemamma
Galbraith
Riordan.

And again you have failed to answer the questions put to you

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 02:49 PM

So its nothing to do with a drinking culture then? And away you go, name names.

rj hibs
18-01-2011, 02:54 PM

tbh, i dont we lost to celtic cos the players are a bunch of "piss heads" and they don't try. we lost because celtic are a better team at the moment and they deflated the team's confidence by getting a goal just before half time.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 03:01 PM

You missed these few questions again, that were put to you, not answering?

Speedway
18-01-2011, 03:05 PM

With Stokes and Zemmama and by your own admission, carrying a lot of luck when performances were poor.

Brown
Thicot
Dickoh
Hanlon
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
DeGraff
Miller
Zemamma
Galbraith
Riordan.

Just the ones in bold.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 03:05 PM

The ones that could't run for 90 mins or keep up with who they were marking or the ones that couldn't get forward as they were out of puff, they are either suffering a lack of fitness ( not 100% pro's or they would stay and work on it, or suffering from alcohol with drawawl.

there, get it now?

If you are so sure i am wrong, please enlighten the rest of us, or have i hit a nerve with my opinion?

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 03:08 PM
You missed these few questions again, that were put to you, not answering?

I never missed them out at all, i dont believe any of that team have a drinking culture. JC JC JC, we are 3 full years out of the JC reign??????

I dont think they did go out and play differently to what CC asked, it was you who said they never listened, not me? I see you are now saying they are incapable of following instructions, covering your back are we?

If we will never know who the piss heads are, and you said on a previous post none of them are piss heads, why are you still talking about it?

rj hibs
18-01-2011, 03:11 PM
The ones that could't run for 90 mins or keep up with who they were marking or the ones that couldn't get forward as they were out of puff, they are either suffering a lack of fitness ( not 100% pro's or they would stay and work on it, or suffering from alcohol with drawawl.

there, get it now?

If you are so sure i am wrong, please enlighten the rest of us, or have i hit a nerve with my opinion?

their lack of fitness probably stems back from a poor pre-season. dundee utd look like a fit team but goodwillie is clearly not tea-total.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I never missed them out at all, i dont believe any of that team have a drinking culture. JC JC JC, we are 3 full years out of the JC reign??????

I dont think they did go out and play differently to what CC asked, it was you who said they never listened, not me? I see you are now saying they are incapable of following instructions, covering your back are we?

If we will never know who the piss heads are, and you said on a previous post none of them are piss heads, why are you still talking about it?

The Question of drinking culture i refer to, was much spoken of by many .net posters in summer 2010, I'll ask you a direct question. do you think the .net posters that talk of a drinking culture are right or wrong?

Nice and simple for you.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 03:17 PM

Again i will be quite clear on this one.

Do you think CC told them to go out and play in the spineless manor that they did?

straight forward yes or no.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 03:19 PM

Again, nice and simple here, yes or no.

Do you think that after the wage they get paid, regardless of opposition, in you're opinion, are the players that played on saturday 100% professionals?

Nice and simple for you again.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 03:26 PM
The Question of drinking culture i refer to, was much spoken of by many .net posters in summer 2010, I'll ask you a direct question. do you think the .net posters that talk of a drinking culture are right or wrong?

Nice and simple for you.

They might have been right, they might have been wrong, who knows? We were supposed to sign Jordi Cruyff a few years back, thats was started here. I dont think there's a drinking culture at easter road now, is that clear enough?

Again i will be quite clear on this one.

Do you think CC told them to go out and play in the spineless manor that they did?

straight forward yes or no.

No i dont, although it was you who said they were not listening????

Again, nice and simple here, yes or no.

Do you think that after the wage they get paid, regardless of opposition, in you're opinion, are the players that played on saturday 100% professionals?

Nice and simple for you again.

Yes, poor players playing poorly didn't help.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 03:44 PM
They might have been right, they might have been wrong, who knows? We were supposed to sign Jordi Cruyff a few years back, thats was started here. I dont think there's a drinking culture at easter road now, is that clear enough?

No one metioned Jordi Cryff, and with you're answer all the posters on .net that said there was a drinking culture are infact wrong???

No i dont, although it was you who said they were not listening????

Indeed i did say they wern't listening, which shows a lack of professionalism.

Yes, poor players playing poorly didn't help.

Again i say, there is a drinking culture , not only my opinion, a lack of professionalism and far to many wage thieves at our club.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Again i say, there is a drinking culture , not only my opinion, a lack of professionalism and far to many wage thieves at our club.

Who are the piss heads then, come on name them? Do you mean poor players when you say wage thieves? And again, these non professionals, who are they?

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Who are the piss heads then, come on name them? Do you mean poor players when you say wage thieves? And again, these non professionals, who are they?

PUT YOU'RE SPECS ON OLD MAN AND READ MY FIRST AND LAST POSTS CAREFULLY, then go to you're medicen cabinet, get one of you're viagras and rip the heed aff it and calm down before you have a cardiac arrest.

:bye:

Keith_M
18-01-2011, 03:57 PM
... what has CC done that says to anyone he has the tools to be a good manager?.

Nothing, as far as I can see.

We can only judge him on what he's done so far and I don't see anything yet that suggests him replacing Yogi was in any way an improvement. We have no choice just now but to give him a chance to show he's got what it takes.

I thought he was the wrong appointment and I'm desperately hoping for him to prove me wrong. It's all very depressing actually.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 04:13 PM
This was your first post on this thread, throwing accusations about, then withdawing them, and changing them. And still you go on anout it as if its a fact :faf:

PUT YOU'RE SPECS ON OLD MAN AND READ MY FIRST AND LAST POSTS CAREFULLY, then go to you're medicen cabinet, get one of you're viagras and rip the heed aff it and calm down before you have a cardiac arrest.

:bye:

I'm calm, although how i'd manage that with a viagra i don't know? Do you know i can actually read what you are typing?

matty_f
18-01-2011, 04:22 PM
This was your first post on this thread, throwing accusations about, then withdawing them, and changing them. And still you go on anout it as if its a fact :faf:

I'm calm, although how i'd manage that with a viagra i don't know? Do you know i can actually read what you are typing?

:tee hee:

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 04:23 PM

I've corrected you on my first and last posts on the reasons why hibs are not at the top of their game. no real difference between the statements is there, please get you're specs on chap

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I've corrected you on my first and last posts on the reasons why hibs are not at the top of their game. no real difference between the statements is there, please get you're specs on chap

Yes you have, we no longer have a drinking culture, and the players while behaving in a professional manner, are very poor. Thanks for clearing that up. :top marks

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Unless something inexplicably happens to change things on a regular basis(and in reality that doesn't happen) I'm just biting my tongue,treading water, etc,until he's gone.There's no point in me spending cash encouraging something I know in myself is not going to work out.No tengo ganas..

I disagree, he has to be given time. He has to be given the chance to build his team.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Yes you have, we no longer have a drinking culture, and the players while behaving in a professional manner, are very poor. Thanks for clearing that up. :top marks

Since you have been posting here longer, how do you start a poll?

I'll bow to you're knowlege of this forum as i have not a clue how to start one.

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 05:28 PM

I disagree, he has to be given time. He has to be given the chance to build his team.

Vintage :top marks:blah:

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Since you have been posting here longer, how do you start a poll?

I'll bow to you're knowlege of this forum as i have not a clue how to start one.

No idea, and you will have to find out yourself, the viagra's kicking in and i'm away to beast the girlfriend. (purpleheadsmiley)

Dinkydoo
18-01-2011, 05:32 PM

Totally agree. :agree:

I think we were the only team Aberdeen could beat before Brown came in this season anyway so that point for me is a non starter.

This rubbish around not getting the initial "honeymoon" period when CC signed isn't really a valid point either - since it's really got nothing to do with the manager and more to do with the players trying a bit harder to impress their new boss.

Please, Hibs. Win tonight ffs :worried::pray::panic:

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Motivation zero, tactics hoof it to Nish, team selection shocking. Again what managerial skills does he bring to Hibs?

matty_f
18-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Motivation zero, tactics hoof it to Nish, team selection shocking. Again what managerial skills does he bring to Hibs?

Would argue that the team selection had some thought behind it, we needed experienced players to handle that game tonight. Sadly, the experienced players are pish at the moment.

Players looked motivated, problem is they are losers.

3pm
18-01-2011, 09:51 PM
His tea is out. It's time to go.

Dirkster23
18-01-2011, 09:52 PM

I'm glad to see you've decided to back CC. I'd really hate to see what you'd be posting if you weren't :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
18-01-2011, 09:55 PM
He has not brought anything to the table, of course we know the players are p1ss, he has failed to change anything to a positive IMO not 1 thing.

He and 90% of the team should go.

PaulSmith
18-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Would argue that the team selection had some thought behind it, we needed experienced players to handle that game tonight. Sadly, the experienced players are pish at the moment.

No we needed and have needed the team to be freshened up, if the Board are not willing to back the manager or the manager is incapable of identifying targets then the only other option is to look at players currently still at the club regardless of age.

I'd have Scott Smith or Sean Welsh in place of Miller or McBride or both starting on Saturday.

If we are going down I'd rather go down fighting that with these bar stewards picking up appearance money.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 10:00 PM

Smith in goals, a ****in bombscare, never a keeper a complete waste of space. Should never have pulled a shirt on ever again after Dingwall last season after his superman impressions for their goal. Throw in Motherwell and he should have been sacked there and then.

Murray, what a complete waste of time he is. He cant run anymore, he's finished, left back midfield centre half, he's FINISHED.

Nish why, just why?

Zemamma on with 25 minutes to go, No width from the left or right, the game was screaming out for Galbraith. Shocking tactics, just punt it to the only man who couldnt get a fag paper under his feet when jumping. I dont know why he didnt go the whole hogg and play that numpty too.

Shocking from Calderwood, shocking.

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2011, 10:02 PM

I was screaming for him to take Hart (who was truly shocking) off at half time and put Galbraith on - and revert to a back 3.

We had 45 mins to save the game and the Ayr defence whilst being resolute, were very slow. Not saying Galbraith is a world beater but he is the fastest player we have. Cannot understand why he didn't put Galbraith on at all. :confused:

As for the managerial "partnership" of CC and Adams, I just don't get it. They look like the most un-interested managerial team I have ever seen (and I say "team" loosley, as they were complete strangers until recently). Severe lack of motivation in my opinion.

So to answer your question - none so far. Glad he is "enjoying the job" though. Would hate to see hime if he was hating it. :confused:

SmokieJoe
18-01-2011, 10:03 PM

[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2696856]I disagree, he has to be given time. He has to be given the chance to build his team.

So are you for CC or against him???? :hnetinq:

matty_f
18-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Smith in goals, a ****in bombscare, never a keeper a complete waste of space. Should never have pulled a shirt on ever again after Dingwall last season after his superman impressions for their goal. Throw in Motherwell and he should have been sacked there and then.

Murray, what a complete waste of time he is. He cant run anymore, he's finished, left back midfield centre half, he's FINISHED.

Nish why, just why?

Zemamma on with 25 minutes to go, No width from the left or right, the game was screaming out for Galbraith. Shocking tactics, just punt it to the only man who couldnt get a fag paper under his feet when jumping. I dont know why he didnt go the whole hogg and play that numpty too.

Shocking from Calderwood, shocking.

Not going to argue with any of that, to be fair.

discman
18-01-2011, 10:06 PM

6 changes?? Why split Dickoh and Hanlon they looked like they were shaping up into a partnership,was Thicot injured? hes looked half-decent in his run of ,eh 2 games!!

Hart was disappointing and Murray,jeezo thought that to get a team playing with confidence you had to allow them to jell together,which means allowing them to play together, has that happened since CC took over?

How many players do you think CC needs and how many do you think he will be "allowed" by RP? :cool2:

Newhaven
18-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Murray, what a complete waste of time he is. He cant run anymore, he's finished, left back midfield centre half, he's FINISHED

:agree:

No doubting his commitment to the club but he looks well short of fitness and confidence

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2011, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2696792] This was your first post on this thread, throwing accusations about, then withdawing them, and changing them. And still you go on anout it as if its a fact :faf:

So are you for CC or against him???? :hnetinq:

We cant sack him, i don't want him sacked, but he better learn ****in quickly how to manage Hibernian football club a lot better than he has up to now.