PDA

View Full Version : NHC Quick exit for benji??

grantonhibee
17-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Ave just seen in the daily record that benji has been kicked out new club raja casablanca after only 2 days?

s.a.m
17-01-2011, 01:27 PM
For why?

keep the faith
17-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Ave just seen in the daily record that benji has been kicked out new club raja casablanca after only 2 days?

Get yer bags benji, you start at east mains tomorrow!

In all honesty maybe worth a punt til the end of season if we are struggling to get anyone else this window.

RickyS
17-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Get yer bags benji, you start at east mains tomorrow!

In all honesty maybe worth a punt til the end of season if we are struggling to get anyone else this window.

headed to St Mirren from what I hear, no inside knowledge or anything just what I was told earlier

Golden Bear
17-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Potentially a great player but his head is full of mince.

GreenPJ
17-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Good technical ability and can hold the ball up well but sadly does not have the battling qualities we need right now.

Jim44
17-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Potentially a great player but his head is full of mince.

Would that be minced lamb or maybe halal beef mince? :greengrin

.Sean.
17-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I'd not be dissapointed if he returned, in fact I didn't want the guy to leave.

Winston Ingram
17-01-2011, 04:29 PM
He's better than anything we have a the moment

Hermit Crab
17-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Sorry Benji the doors at ER are firmly closed.

TornadoHibby
17-01-2011, 04:35 PM

Me neither! :agree:

He can hold the ball and has great balance and deception when he is in the mood and has two good striking feet too! :agree:

Just remember the CIS Cup final! :cool2:

Future17
17-01-2011, 04:38 PM
No reason given for the release but the suggestion amongst the RC fans is lack of fitness.

RC are a bit Hibs-like at the moment anyway - club in crisis.

cocopops1875
17-01-2011, 04:39 PM

He can hold the ball and has great balance and deception when he is in the mood and has two good striking feet too! :agree:

great power of prayer too :-) i was a fan :agree:

zlatan
17-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Very short sighted decision to get rid when you seen what we were stuck with after the transfer window closed.

Future17
17-01-2011, 04:48 PM

His best deception was convincing a repoter to print his Real Madrid quote! :greengrin

TornadoHibby
17-01-2011, 05:12 PM
His best deception was convincing a repoter to print his Real Madrid quote! :greengrin

Aye very funny but, seriously, he could do a decent job for us compared to some of the guys we currently have assuming he is fit and properly motivated! :wink: :cool2:

Calvin
17-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Considering his contract was terminated because of a problem with his medical, I don't think he'll be signing for anyone else too soon, or at least until he is properly fit.

3pm
17-01-2011, 05:26 PM
No reason given for the release but the suggestion amongst the RC fans is lack of fitness.

RC are a bit Hibs-like at the moment anyway - club in crisis.

Raja got decent finances Nick?! :o)

jakedance
17-01-2011, 05:33 PM

I liked Benji but is he the kind of character you want in a team that's short of confidence, with their fans on their back fighting relegation? Not the kind of player we need right now IMHO.

Good luck to him though.

Jack
17-01-2011, 06:13 PM
A criminal waste of talent.

Future17
17-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Raja got decent finances Nick?! :o)

I wouldn't like to comment as they're not my team (or one of my teams). :wink:

I feel pretty confident in saying that their chairman is unlikely to get caught up in this kinda thing though - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12209110

Not sure about Rod though. :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Should never have been empted if we had nothing to replace him with. Also pretty sure that the club knew before letting him go that Stokes would be at Celtic before long. A hugely frustrating player but naive to let him go and keep some of the utter dross in our squad imo.

Bad Martini
17-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Behave. He's surely going to celtc naw? Ahhh, wait, he just wanted to go to celtc...

He can bolt. He was injured and off form more than he was ever on form. He had more talent than a whole number of our first team BUT, he couldn't be arsed to use it and didn't want to work....

No thanks. :bye:

Andy74
17-01-2011, 07:28 PM
We hounded him when he was here and questioned his attitude. Bet we'd love those sorts of problems now eh?

goosano
17-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Nothing on the teams website about it-a message from 13/1/11 saying he has signed an 18 month contract. The sites up to date and says it terminated another players contract today-nothing about Benji though

Bad Martini
17-01-2011, 07:34 PM
We hounded him when he was here and questioned his attitude. Bet we'd love those sorts of problems now eh?

Naw. As I said. He didnt WANT to be here. He talked about Celtc and lots of other teams clearly above his station. We might be sheite right now but we don't want or need anyone who doesn't want to be here, and as blatantly as he was.

The Falcon
18-01-2011, 06:59 AM

Benji was undoubtedly talented and I will always cherish his CIS performance, I dont think we need another player who will go missing when the going gets tough. We need fighters and leaders just now. Benji is neither.

Newhaven
18-01-2011, 08:09 AM

Not really no as he would just add to them..

greenlex
18-01-2011, 08:14 AM

Hounded out? I think he did a fantastic job of pushing himself out the door.
As said above probably the last type if character needed at ER at the moment.

Judas Iscariot
18-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Benji was undoubtedly talented and I will always cherish his CIS performance, I dont think we need another player who will go missing when the going gets tough. We need fighters and leaders just now. Benji is neither.

Who are these mythical players?

Future17
18-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Nothing on the teams website about it-a message from 13/1/11 saying he has signed an 18 month contract. The sites up to date and says it terminated another players contract today-nothing about Benji though

Yeah there is: http://www.rajacasablanca.com/Club.php?id=actualites

15.01.11 - Résiliation de contrat

BSEJVT
18-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Yeah there is: http://www.rajacasablanca.com/Club.php?id=actualites

15.01.11 - Résiliation de contrat

Genuine Questions

Benji or Nish

Benji or Trakys

Benji or Nobody

Benji had more ability in his pinky than anyone on the books at ER now with the possible exceptions of Zooma and a motivated Riordan.

For what little it would cost to get him I would have him back in a minute.

Or would I rather than watch another subs bench for a home game with umpteen centre half's and midfielders and no forwards?

Andy74
18-01-2011, 11:16 AM
A lot of chat again about Benji not having the right attitude or going hiding.

I've never seen any of evidence of this when he's played for us, always tried as hard as anyone else and harder than some.

Just a myth that was built up around him by us, yet again, same as we do for most players.

He was told by hibs to find a new club, which he tried to do, but he said quite a few times he wanted to stay. Not really him trying to enginerr a move out.

Still, we're so much better off without his type around right enough.

3pm
18-01-2011, 11:52 AM

I've never seen any of evidence of this when he's played for us, always tried as hard as anyone else and harder than some.

Just a myth that was built up around him by us, yet again, same as we do for most players.

He was told by hibs to find a new club, which he tried to do, but he said quite a few times he wanted to stay. Not really him trying to enginerr a move out.

I agree with what you are saying Andy regarding effort but we still shouldn't shed too many tears over his departure. He was magic on his day but those weren't frequent enough.

I'd say his biggest problem was that he played for himself - he wanted to do it all himself or failing that pass to Zemmama. He's not the only one who could be accused of playing for himself though - Stokes and Riordan spring to mind for starters.

For me, he was always going to leave. Hughes wanted to rebalance the squad and he wasn't worth the gamble for another 2-3 years, he had his time and it never quite worked other than that wee spell round about beginning of 2007 which coincided with the League Cup win.

Super player on his day though.

TornadoHibby
18-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Genuine Questions

Benji or Nish

Benji or Trakys

Benji or Nobody

Benji had more ability in his pinky than anyone on the books at ER now with the possible exceptions of Zooma and a motivated Riordan.

For what little it would cost to get him I would have him back in a minute.

Or would I rather than watch another subs bench for a home game with umpteen centre half's and midfielders and no forwards?

:top marks

100% agree! :agree:

Newhaven
18-01-2011, 02:06 PM

The problem was Andy apart from the CIS cup run and the odd game here & there he didn't really 'play for us'. He went in the huff blaming everyone but himself and he's ended up on the football scrapheap like so many.

Im afraid this is another hibs fans case of remembering an ex-player and thinking back with rose tinted glasses as to how good he was, gave his all, played for the jersey etc. etc. when we conviently forget all the poor games and flaws many had. Makalamby, Benji & Brian Kerr are all such examples. (This isn't aimed at you personally Andy :greengrin)

greenlex
18-01-2011, 02:17 PM

So he was the model pro with undoubted talent but Hibs tell him to find a new club?
This model pro has been successful in doing just that it seems.
Wake up man.

BSEJVT
18-01-2011, 02:32 PM
The problem was Andy apart from the CIS cup run and the odd game here & there he didn't really 'play for us'. He went in the huff blaming everyone but himself and he's ended up on the football scrapheap like so many.

Im afraid this is another hibs fans case of remembering an ex-player and thinking back with rose tinted glasses as to how good he was, gave his all, played for the jersey etc. etc. when we conviently forget all the poor games and flaws many had. Makalamby, Benji & Brian Kerr are all such examples. (This isn't aimed at you personally Andy :greengrin)

This isnt directed at you Newhaven either, and may I be the first to admit I am as guilty as everyone else.

I used to think it would be great to have a laddie who was a professional player.

My son although a better player than me wasnt that interested and truthfully wasnt anywhere near good enough. Sorry son

I think I should get down on bended knee every day and thank the lord that was the case.

Sportsmen and Women, but footballers in particular are never cut any slack for their personal circumstances or personal failings making them any less than 100% picture perfect every second of every time they step on the park.

Every past error or ommission must be constantly harked back to and cast up.

Judgements (often snap and mistaken) must be religously adhered to and regurgitated, every rumour and innuendo whether accurate or not must be taken down and used in evidence at every opportunity.

Would Hibs be a better team with Benji available than they are now?

Would he admit that he made mistakes and had issues that have prevented him from being the player he should be?

Is he maybe just a young guy from another culture, who found it hard to adapt?

Would you have coped any better with divorce and bereavement at his age?

In the light of the above, could you have even held down an office job like mine? Many couldnt or cant.

Sorry for rant and apologies to the literally hundreds of Hibs players I have abused both silently and vocally over the years.

Maybe its just harder than wannabees like me think and a bit of support and understanding might actually help?

IMO its no coincidence that Benji flourished at ER under JC's tenure, a guy with whom he had by all accounts a very good relationship with.

It looked to me like he just wanted to be wanted and appreciated.

Case in point, came on as a sub last season against Killie? in a game we were doing nothing in, wins then misses a penalty. Cue abuse from a few around me.

Sand dancer, Wage Thief etc etc. Would that type of abuse really help?

ps

You can probably tell I really liked Benji!

Jack
18-01-2011, 03:12 PM

I think for at least the last 20 or so games Benji made an appearance for Hibs he didn’t need a shower after the effort he didn’t put in. Indeed it was against Hamilton when we were 5 – 0 up and strolling it he came on with half an hour to play, in place of the scorer of the opening goal Nish, and disgusted the majority of the East Stand, who he was playing in front of, with his attitude.

With their players heads down it could have been the ideal opportunity for him to show off his skills and show what he could do for Hibs and by God did everyone want him to do it.

Did he? Did he :devil: … err no he didn’t :bye:

He’d have been as well getting a rug out and having a picnic in the centre circle for all the contribution he made.

keep the faith
18-01-2011, 03:22 PM
This isnt directed at you Newhaven either, and may I be the first to admit I am as guilty as everyone else.

I used to think it would be great to have a laddie who was a professional player.

My son although a better player than me wasnt that interested and truthfully wasnt anywhere near good enough. Sorry son

I think I should get down on bended knee every day and thank the lord that was the case.

Sportsmen and Women, but footballers in particular are never cut any slack for their personal circumstances or personal failings making them any less than 100% picture perfect every second of every time they step on the park.

Every past error or ommission must be constantly harked back to and cast up.

Judgements (often snap and mistaken) must be religously adhered to and regurgitated, every rumour and innuendo whether accurate or not must be taken down and used in evidence at every opportunity.

Would Hibs be a better team with Benji available than they are now?

Would he admit that he made mistakes and had issues that have prevented him from being the player he should be?

Is he maybe just a young guy from another culture, who found it hard to adapt?

Would you have coped any better with divorce and bereavement at his age?

In the light of the above, could you have even held down an office job like mine? Many couldnt or cant.

Sorry for rant and apologies to the literally hundreds of Hibs players I have abused both silently and vocally over the years.

Maybe its just harder than wannabees like me think and a bit of support and understanding might actually help?

IMO its no coincidence that Benji flourished at ER under JC's tenure, a guy with whom he had by all accounts a very good relationship with.

It looked to me like he just wanted to be wanted and appreciated.

Case in point, came on as a sub last season against Killie? in a game we were doing nothing in, wins then misses a penalty. Cue abuse from a few around me.

Sand dancer, Wage Thief etc etc. Would that type of abuse really help?

ps

You can probably tell I really liked Benji!

Great post Thorburn. Some clarity, common sense and understanding we all can all forget in the hysteria of this poor period.