PDA

View Full Version : League meeting

down the slope
17-01-2011, 01:05 PM
I wonder what our glorious leader and his chums are cooking up for us right at this minute ?, it seems they have other chairmen coming onside and they might get their way with the reconstruction. Petrie , Milne and Brown are three men who would sell their granny for a fiver and they are probably deciding what is good for you in footballing terms right now based on how much money they can rake in for the clubs rather than selling a decent product on the park , if i were in Rods shoes i would be trying to sort out the problems at ER rather than swanning off preparing something we might not even be a part of if he does not get his finger out.

Wilson
17-01-2011, 01:11 PM
They looked for a short term fix. Came up with the spl. Decided it isn't working. And come up with a short-sighted answer. This is all about maximising revenue for the old firm and the self preservationists sucking at their teet. It is nothing to do with the long-term good of the scottish game.

Gatecrasher
17-01-2011, 01:15 PM
I wonder what our glorious leader and his chums are cooking up for us right at this minute ?, it seems they have other chairmen coming onside and they might get their way with the reconstruction. Petrie , Milne and Brown are three men who would sell their granny for a fiver and they are probably deciding what is good for you in footballing terms right now based on how much money they can rake in for the clubs rather than selling a decent product on the park , if i were in Rods shoes i would be trying to sort out the problems at ER rather than swanning off preparing something we might not even be a part of if he does not get his finger out.

i dread to think TBH

Reaper
17-01-2011, 01:26 PM

God only knows, but he'll want the mundane 10 team league no doubt.

hibsforeurope
17-01-2011, 01:33 PM
God only knows, but he'll want the mundane 10 team league no doubt.

When are they looking to bring in this new format?

Hamish
17-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Just been announced - its a 2 team league, Celtic and Rangers. They will play each other 36 times a year. Sky will cover 24 games and ESPN 12. Sky games will kick off at 3.17 am and ESPN ones at 4.18 am. All games on a Thursday morning. Both Rangurs and Cellic are said to be delighted at the outcome and that this was the only sensible solution as the EPL told them to take a running jump.
The rest of the 36 clubs in Scotland will be amalgamated into the League of Wales, Hibs first game is against TPS on August 16th, covered live by S4C, with commentary from Robbie Savage and Jedward

paxtonhibby
17-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Just on BBC Scotland stating that the top 10 format is looking likely.Might just be it from me Im afraid.RP cosying up to the OF reeks of self preservation so I might try some myself!(Self preservation,not cosying up......)