PDA

View Full Version : Will we be relegated

Mikeystewart
17-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Just out of curiosity How many .netters think we can be relegated?

Wilson
17-01-2011, 12:05 PM
I hope we aren't. I fear the worst though.

3pm
17-01-2011, 12:11 PM
There is a big difference between the question in the thread title and the actual poll question. :greengrin

1two
17-01-2011, 12:12 PM
If your asking can we be relegated
Then yes!

Will we be relegated? I don't think so but then again there's nothing to suggest we won't be

mr mojo risin
17-01-2011, 12:15 PM
I don't think we will be relegated, but with our form being so bad lately, and a tough set of fixtures coming up i can't see us picking up many points in the next few games. We can only hope Hamilton and St mirren keep losing.

Dinkydoo
17-01-2011, 12:30 PM

I don't think we will be relegated although it is a possibility.

Jim44
17-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Of the three clubs in contention, I think we are odds on to go down because we lack urgency and passion and our skill level is not much better than the other two. We've got ourselves into a losing rut which I don't think we can escape from. At 10/1, I'm surprised the neutrals aren't having a field day with the bookies. Talking about bookies, I'm surprised that despite all the talk about our hopeless chances of a result at Somerset Park tomorrow night, they still have us at 4/7 on to win the match. I would have thought that Ayr would be favourites.

PeeJay
17-01-2011, 12:44 PM
I voted no because in all the years I've actively supported Hibs we have never been relegated and I don't want us to start now...

... not very confident however TBH

homielang
17-01-2011, 12:51 PM
As far as it seemed inconceivable at the start of the season, if we do not get some talent in during January and if Deeks has signed a pre-contract with the Huns then we have a good chance of being relegated.

We can shuffle the deck chairs as much as we like but there needs to be a major clearing out.

Speedy
17-01-2011, 01:21 PM
We can get relegated but I dont think we will.

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2011, 02:00 PM
yes we will be relegated, this is without doubt the worst set of gutless, spineless, bottling bunch of oxygen thieves i have had the pleasure of seeing in a Hibs top.
They dont even compare to the Miller days. I have seen some bad Hibs teams in my time, but when you have a couple of talented players like we do, bottling it in tackles and not giving a **** attitude, you cant think that everything will be alright.
Q. is there any Hibs fan who seriously thinks that we could beat Hamilton if we were to play them right now?
I dont.

smurf
17-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Depends on how we address having already weakened the squad in Jan.

Postiga
17-01-2011, 02:08 PM
No, but only on the basis that St. Mirren are just that little bit worse.

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2011, 02:14 PM
No, but only on the basis that St. Mirren are just that little bit worse.

you would think so eh...but they have already beaten us once this season and regularly like to beat us.So youre guaranteed if they need a win on the last game of the season against us, they will get it.

Mikeystewart
17-01-2011, 02:19 PM
I don't think we will be relegated although it is a possibility.

sorry i meant to say will we be relegated in both questions, the poll was the question will we be relegated and in the forum is where the discussion begins.

heretoday
17-01-2011, 02:42 PM
No we won't be relegated. It's hard to believe but St Mirren and Hamilton are even worse than we are!

Wilson
17-01-2011, 02:46 PM
No we won't be relegated. It's hard to believe but St Mirren and Hamilton are even worse than we are!

I don't have much of an opinion on St.Mirren but Hamilton are starting to show a bit of fight. I think they believe they can beat the drop. I think watching our highlights every week probably gives everyone else confidence!

Jim44
17-01-2011, 02:51 PM

I'd like to think you're correct but there's no evidence to back it up.

Steve20
17-01-2011, 02:56 PM
If we bring in 3 or 4 players who will do a decent job for us, then I think we will probably be ok. If we go for the rest of the season with the squad just now then yes I think we will go down.

Jim44
17-01-2011, 02:58 PM
If we bring in 3 or 4 players who will do a decent job for us, then I think we will probably be ok. If we go for the rest of the season with the squad just now then yes I think we will go down.

No sign of that remotely happening 'tho.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-01-2011, 02:58 PM

If you change the Poll Question to the same as the question in your OP, then it will surley be a resounding YES vote!

Should've read the other posts first!

Aldo
17-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Relegation is a real possibility FACT and lets not try and hide from that.

I also thinks it depends on who CC and DA manage to get in (ie winners, guys who will fight for the cause at all costs).

If we manage to get in a few then I personally think we will be ok...if not we are in for the battle of all battles.

Woody70x2
17-01-2011, 03:06 PM
I voted NO but it is a possibility... things are really that dire for the boys in green and white.

HFC 0-7
17-01-2011, 03:11 PM
I have voted no, only because I still feel that CC will bring 3 or 4 decent players in this window. Should this not happen I would fear for us as Hamilton and St Mirren are battlers, we are a soft touch and dont look up for a fight at all. We must be getting to the stage where 16 players in hibs squad that are out of contract at the end of the season who arent offered new contracts will be getting their agents to look elsewhere. We could have half a team that know where they are playing next season and its not hibs. If 2, 3 or 4new players come in of a decent standard we wont get relegated.

DAZ86
17-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I personally don't think we will get relegated. If we do though I would see us being down there for a few years , I also don't think Calderwood could get us out of that division.

Dunkin' Donut
17-01-2011, 03:17 PM
voted yes. st mirren have already beaten us this season and we were lucky to hold on for a point at home against hamilton. if we survive we will finish 11th going on what ive saw this season

Andy74
17-01-2011, 03:19 PM
No wonder the players have no fight, our fans are pretty defeatist when you read these sorts of things.

Yes we can get relegated, obviously, but no, we won't.

The Falcon
17-01-2011, 05:40 PM
When we dont there will be a lot of folk on here absolutely gutted.

ancient hibee
17-01-2011, 05:45 PM
No wonder the players have no fight, our fans are pretty defeatist when you read these sorts of things.

Realistic surely, not defeatist.

Sir David Gray
17-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I have no idea which team will be relegated this season, no-one does but if you're asking if we can be relegated then of course we can, absolutely. We are terrible at the moment and our players don't have any confidence, that is never a good combination.

There's 3 teams, in my opinion, that are fighting relegation (Hibs, St Mirren and Hamilton) so it will probably come down to the matches between those three teams.

The fixtures between the teams for the rest of the season are;

2nd February-Hibs v St Mirren
20th February-St Mirren v Hibs
1st March-Hamilton v Hibs
2nd April-St Mirren v Hamilton
16th April-Hibs v Hamilton

Post split (venues not yet known)

Hibs v St Mirren
Hamilton v Hibs
St Mirren v Hamilton

In my opinion, those eight matches will decide who goes down. We might have an advantage in that we're featuring in six of those eight fixtures, one more than St Mirren and Hamilton.

Our situation is dire at the moment and although I would like to think we would have just enough to finish above St Mirren or Hamilton (or both), it's much too close to call at the moment.

Jim44
17-01-2011, 06:03 PM

I disagree. If the players read the views of the fans on websites, I think it could/should have the opposite effect and make them more determined to prove them wrong.

Hermit Crab
17-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I disagree. If the players read the views of the fans on websites, I think it could/should have the opposite effect and make them more determined to prove them wrong.

I doubt players will view this site im sure they know about it though. I certainly hope Colin Nish doesnt come on here with the abuse hes been getting on here in the last 6 months or so. Poor guy would be suicidal if he'd read some of the posts on here.

Hibee Daz
17-01-2011, 06:50 PM
When we dont there will be a lot of folk on here absolutely gutted.

There is a difference between thinking and wanting, although you might not know that as you obviously didn't think before you posted!:tsk tsk:

The Falcon
17-01-2011, 07:02 PM
There is a difference between thinking and wanting, although you might not know that as you obviously didn't think before you posted!:tsk tsk:

I did think, and have for quite a while, that there are a number of posters who cant say anything good about the club and our current predicament appears to give them a disproportionate amount of joy.

CraigHibee
17-01-2011, 07:22 PM
i dont think we will get relegated but something drastic neees to happen now, petrie needs to get his mothball infested wallet out

Hibee Daz
17-01-2011, 07:24 PM
I did think, and have for quite a while, that there are a number of posters who cant say anything good about the club and our current predicament appears to give them a disproportionate amount of joy.

In the words of the great John McEnroe......you can not be serious.

There is absolutely no way on gods green earth that any Hibby is revelling in our current plight, the mere thought of that is utter tosh.
People don't enjoy being negative, but when your staring down the barrel of relegation and you draw at home to a 2nd division side in the SC then there's not too much to be positive about is there!

The Falcon
17-01-2011, 07:31 PM
In the words of the great John McEnroe......you can not be serious.

There is absolutely no way on gods green earth that any Hibby is revelling in our current plight, the mere thought of that is utter tosh.
People don't enjoy being negative, but when your staring down the barrel of relegation and you draw at home to a 2nd division side in the SC then there's not too much to be positive about is there!

There shouldnt be but there is.

Hibee Daz
17-01-2011, 07:46 PM
There shouldnt be but there is.

Do you see the irony in the fact that you yourself are being overly negative about our supporters negativity.

Lets just agree to disagree and hope that things turn around soon on all fronts.

:notworthy:

sesoim
18-01-2011, 12:47 AM
We wont get relegated. Jimmy Calderwood will arrive in March and save us.

basehibby
18-01-2011, 12:59 AM

You're cheating a bit here - different question to the one in the poll.

I voted NO - we won't be relegated.

But if you ask me CAN we be relegated then the answer is of course YES.

The reason I think we won't be relegated is that we DO have some decent players who could thrive alongside the right kind of signing and we should have the spending power as a club to make this happen.